Could Star Lord have changed in some way? Physically or otherwise.

So we know that Peter died at the end, that isn't up for debate, he died and then the Eternity Forge revived him. I'm wondering if there might be some kind of consequences for this. Vala (correct me if I got the name wrong) implied that bringing someone back would require a sacrifice but it seems as though Peter was revived without any real consequence. I suppose it could just be that he died while holding the Eternity Forge or maybe there's more to it.

What do you guys think? Am I reading too much into this or will there be consequences for Peter's revival? Let's share our thoughts! :)

Comments

• Well, like other forum members disscussed, it could be that you need a sacrifice for the Eternity Forge to revive someone, that sacrifice could've been Thanos, as he died while holding it.

And yeah, I forgot about that. Hala asked if Peter would end a life to bring back his mother, meaning maybe you do have to make a sacrifice to use it. I thought she was just trying to find out how badly he would want to bring her back, but this makes much more sense, nice job!

Also, Peter was drinking from the artifact (Which I still think is extremely stupid. I mean, seriously!? Who would drink out of an artifact that the most powerful being in the galaxy died tying to steal!?) so I wonder if that had any effect on him or the artifact.

• Yeah, as Acheive mentioned above me, the sacrifice could be Thanos' death. The Eternity Forge probably works on an "eye for an eye" principle - you need to murder someone to bring another person back from the dead. But since Thanos wanted it so badly, it might be able to kill just as easily. Makes me wonder if it was Rocket's gun that killed Thanos and not Eternity Forge itself. cue X-files theme music

• You make a good point. Thanos wanted it for some reason and I don't know who he'd revive.

Pipas posted: »

Yeah, as Acheive mentioned above me, the sacrifice could be Thanos' death. The Eternity Forge probably works on an "eye for an eye" principl

Sign in to comment in this discussion.