Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• Hell yes Jessica is back!!

I am feeling all kinds of hype right now.

• I'm getting a Walking Dead vibe from Infinity War. It sounds to me like anyone could go at any time during the movie because of how large of a scale it's on. I'm worried for the Guardians of the Galaxy, Peter or Rocket dying will break me.

• Looks really great! Hopefully it'll live up to the hype and won't be another disappointment like Iron Fist was for me.

I am feeling all kinds of hype right now.

• Aw yiss, Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for another season! :)

I was a bit worried since it had pretty bad ratings this year. It's a bit of a miracle they didn't cancel it, but I'm really glad they didn't. This season has been the best so far imo. Phew.

• My boi spidey

• New trailer for Spider-man. This time with not as many spoilers as the previous one had, so that's cool.

• Still won't be watching it. I have only seen the first trailer and that was enough for me. :)

Really looking forward to watch Spidy in action.

Pipas posted: »

New trailer for Spider-man. This time with not as many spoilers as the previous one had, so that's cool.

• Also the new international trailer for it with some new footage.

New trailer for Spider-man. This time with not as many spoilers as the previous one had, so that's cool.

• I can't be the only one who absolutely adores Sony's Spider-Man and kinda hates it's back to Marvel and into their MCU crossoved stuff. Right?

Please don't kill me.

• edited May 2017

I liked the Amazing Spider-Man movies too. But I thank God that Sony made the deal with Marvel. Especially considering what they were planning to do to the franchise.

Look at this actual legit email from Michael Lynton the executive Vice President of Sony America regarding the future of the franchise.

This is not a joke, this shit was found in the Sony leaks.

They were also think of doing an interquel movie between ASM1 and 2 titled ASM: Kraven, with Kraven and Norman Green Goblin as the villains. They wanted to do this because then they could bring back Gwen Stacy.

Vaxij posted: »

I can't be the only one who absolutely adores Sony's Spider-Man and kinda hates it's back to Marvel and into their MCU crossoved stuff. Right? Please don't kill me.

• I really liked that trailer compared to the last one. I especially loved the beginning where you see his perspective during Civil War; him geeking out about Captain America and freaking out over Giant Ant Man was priceless. :D

• You're, um... quite in the minority there, shall I say? :p

I never saw the Spiderman Sony movies, but I'd say that it looks like the Marvel Studios movies (Civil War and Homecoming) are treating the franchise with more respect.

I can't be the only one who absolutely adores Sony's Spider-Man and kinda hates it's back to Marvel and into their MCU crossoved stuff. Right? Please don't kill me.

• Well, at first I wasn't too happy with Tom's Spider-Man. He just seemed so much younger than the other Spideys we've seen over the years. (though, he is supposed to. He's usually young-teenager-ish in some of the comics... or at least in what I've read.) After 5 minutes of him in Civil War I loved him.

I probably didn't like him because my brain couldn't adapt to so many Spider-Man changes so quickly. I actually really liked Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man back then, too.

• Wow. Glad that didn't come out. It'd feel so.... insulting. That is not how I picture a Spider-Man movie. (Oh yeah! Extreme Exercise! BDM Music!! Check it out, Spidey's got a Snapchat!) lol

lupinb0y posted: »

I liked the Amazing Spider-Man movies too. But I thank God that Sony made the deal with Marvel. Especially considering what they were planni

• ...weren't they also wanting a solo Aunt May movie too?

I liked the Amazing Spider-Man movies too. But I thank God that Sony made the deal with Marvel. Especially considering what they were planni

• Nah that was just a rumour that some guy started up. In one of the leaked emails discussing other sequels and spin offs they talk about how people are starting up dumb rumours.

...weren't they also wanting a solo Aunt May movie too?

• What's disrespectful about TASM? Never understood its hate.

You're, um... quite in the minority there, shall I say? I never saw the Spiderman Sony movies, but I'd say that it looks like the Marvel Studios movies (Civil War and Homecoming) are treating the franchise with more respect.

• I'm not a fan of Iron-Man being there at all. I prefer Spider-Man standalone movies.

AChicken posted: »

Well, at first I wasn't too happy with Tom's Spider-Man. He just seemed so much younger than the other Spideys we've seen over the years. (t

• Yup, I'm a bit irked about that, too. Peter can get better role models. I want my Spider-Man movie to be a "Spider-Man" movie. Not "Spider-Man: feat. IRON MAN"
    But, I can probably tolerate it.

I'm not a fan of Iron-Man being there at all. I prefer Spider-Man standalone movies.

• Thing is since Spider-Man is the only Marvel superhero I like, I feel like they're forcing me to learn Iron-Man's lore to understand Homecoming, hence why I dislike the MCU. One thing I loved about Sony's universe is that it was completely separate.

AChicken posted: »

Yup, I'm a bit irked about that, too. Peter can get better role models. I want my Spider-Man movie to be a "Spider-Man" movie. Not "Spider-Man: feat. IRON MAN" But, I can probably tolerate it.

• Somebody posted a separate thread for the Black Panther trailer already, but I just wanted to give a comment about it here in the Marvel MCU thread by saying that it looked really badass. Black Panther was one of my favorite characters in Civil War as I found his fighting style to be really cool.

• Spiderman Homecoming should be out around this time. I have not seen this movie myself yet, but I saw others were discussing it over in Whatever's On Your Mind and figured this thread might be relevant again. :)

• Spider-Man Homecoming was fantastic! Easily the best solo MCU hero film since The Winter Soldier. And Tom Holland is just perfectly cast as both Peter and Spidey. The supporting cast was fantastic too, especially Michael Keaton's Toomes/Vulture, the guy can be really intimidating and he has a very different perspective than most of the other villains in the MCU have. And seeing Jon Favreau return to reprise his role as Happy was just icing on the cake. Hilarious humour, brilliant action and full of heart.

Best Spider-Man film to date? I'd say yes, go see it.

• I love this movie as well. Tom Holland really plays a good Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I really like the Vulture in this movie. He is not a one-dimensional bad guy and his situation is really understandable. I almost wanted him to win.

CathalOHara posted: »

Spider-Man Homecoming was fantastic! Easily the best solo MCU hero film since The Winter Soldier. And Tom Holland is just perfectly cast as

• edited July 2017

Spider man homecoming is the Best spider man movie since spider man 2.

I love this movie as well. Tom Holland really plays a good Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I really like the Vulture in this movie. He is not a one-dimensional bad guy and his situation is really understandable. I almost wanted him to win.

• edited July 2017

What, were they gonna make a The Millenial Spiderman movie?

• Pretty much.

prink34320 posted: »

What, were they gonna make a The Millenial Spiderman movie?

• I've seen the root of the hatred seems to be largely directed towards Andrew Garfield - not looking young enough to be Spiderman - Tobey Mcguire wasn't either but people don't really hate on him for that.

What's disrespectful about TASM? Never understood its hate.

• the reason people hate andrew garfield is because 1: the movies he's a part of are god awful and poorly written, and 2: he's the worst possible person you could have hired to be peter parker, regardless of age.

I've seen the root of the hatred seems to be largely directed towards Andrew Garfield - not looking young enough to be Spiderman - Tobey Mcguire wasn't either but people don't really hate on him for that.

• In other words, opinions?

the reason people hate andrew garfield is because 1: the movies he's a part of are god awful and poorly written, and 2: he's the worst possible person you could have hired to be peter parker, regardless of age.

• if you say so

In other words, opinions?

• I say that since the first film had good reception and the second had mixed.

if you say so

• you simply cannot trust movie reviewers though. a lot of people rated movies like despicable me very highly and that film is garbage. the amazing spider-man films have good things about them but imo it's foolish to deny that those films didn't work on a lot of levels. granted, the amazing spider-man 1 had a LOT going for it, but 2 fails a lot imo.

I say that since the first film had good reception and the second had mixed.

• edited July 2017

So I just saw Homecoming and... It is one good contender for a Spider-man movie. It's possibly the best yet. Here are my thoughts: Light Spoilers Follow.

• The opening orchestral version of the original Spider-man theme song was a really good choice. Really generated hype for the movie and had me giddy in my seat.
    • The opening home-movie montage by Peter chronicling the events up to Civil War was incredible. It was really hilarious and I was laughing and laughing so much. Real good opener to the movie (yes, I know there was a part before the Marvel Logo. But that was just a prologue.)
    • Michael Keaton did a very good villain. Very menacing, but you could tell he was mostly doing it to help his family.. Sort of.
    • Tom Holland is the best Spider-man so far! Nails the "young" aspect of this character, good comedic timing, he's just... amazing.
    • This Spider-man is wonderful. I love how it focuses on the small-time aspect of the character, the "friendly neighbourhood" portion of it. No big-scale threats like other marvel movies. Peter juggling school, romance, superhero-ing and the need to be an Avenger. It was fun.
    • Seeing Happy back was nice. I really liked him in Iron Man. Granted, he was a bit more hostile here, but that's fine it was good.
    • I was a bit irked by Ned in the beginning of the movie, but he was mostly in his "fanboy mode" I guess. I warmed up to him by the end of the movie.
    • Tony Stark luckily didn't take as much of the spotlight as I thought. There was a perfect amount of it for Spidey's solo movie.
    • Spidey's suit upgrades are cool and fun, but I prefer it when he just uses his skills. No special suit-assistant required.
    • Aunt May (or "May" as everyone calls her.. Meh.) was good when she was there, but there wasn't enough of her. I feel she should have had more screen time supporting Peter and things. [Note: I don't really like how young they've portrayed her. I haven't seen and Aunt May so young, though. I've only seen the frail old woman version.. If I were to pick, I find "The Amazing Spider-man"'s take to be the best mix. Not too old, but not too young. But, I might get used to her take on it. Because I felt the same way about Spidey in Civil War. I was worried first, but by the end of the movie I was in love with it.]
    • Could we have maybe seen this universe's version of Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy??! Maybe they just don't exist in this movie universe...
    • The plot twist involving the Homecoming dance was interesting... As well as the tense scenes following. The perfect amount of awkward.

• Really excited to see what happens next. While the trailers did spoil some important stuff, it didn't spoil all the best bits. This was a really good Spider-man movie, I think it was the best one. Made by 5 or 6 writers, too! Guess it can be done.
      Excited for the next one.. Really excited for the next one. I was thoroughly impressed. Good one, Marvel! (still think guardians 2 is better)

• I know and I'm not talking about reviewers... I'm talking about comments made my individuals that went to see the movies and like I always say, the entertainment industry is full of subjective opinions. There are always going to be people who hate your favorite films and love your most hated ones.

you simply cannot trust movie reviewers though. a lot of people rated movies like despicable me very highly and that film is garbage. the am

• A lot of people I hang out with hated the Amazing Spider-Man films and harshly criticized them for their flaws. So I guess we hang out with different kinds of crowds.

I know and I'm not talking about reviewers... I'm talking about comments made my individuals that went to see the movies and like I always s

• Most of my friends haven't actually watched a Spider-Man film, I'm only referring to comments from many individuals on the internet.

A lot of people I hang out with hated the Amazing Spider-Man films and harshly criticized them for their flaws. So I guess we hang out with different kinds of crowds.

• I'm 4 episodes into Iron Fist and it's probably the worst thing in the MCU.

• I am mostly blaming the showrunner. I still can't believe that Marvel hired Scott Buck, the same guy who was responsible for the terrible last seasons of Dexter. He is also the showrunner for Inhumans and judging by the amount of dislike the trailer have on Youtube, people don't like what they are seeing.

I'm 4 episodes into Iron Fist and it's probably the worst thing in the MCU.

• why the fuck would anybody ever hire scott buck anymore? who's idea was this

I am mostly blaming the showrunner. I still can't believe that Marvel hired Scott Buck, the same guy who was responsible for the terrible la

Sign in to comment in this discussion.