So what's going on with Drax?

Just so you know I have no idea if something similar has ever happened in the comics or how Drax acts if you take credit for killing Thanos.

Ever since Thanos died I've noticed that there's something up with Drax and even Peter says so in the codex. As you probably know Drax speaks in a very literal way... literally, so it's hard to tell with him but I get this feeling that he doesn't know what to do with himself. My guess is that avengeing his family has been his life purpose for so long that now that it's finally done he doesn't know what to do anymore. He makes a couple comments about feeling empty and you could dismiss it as his literal humor but I think there's more to it. "I feel nothing" and "With Thanos dead I feel a void inside of me"

What do you guys think? Have you noticed the way Drax has been acting? What are your thoughts on it?

Comments

• edited May 2017

There were a few occasions in the comics where Drax felt robbed and would attack other super heroes when they beat him to the punch. Nothing long lasting though. Thanos never stayed dead long, so Drax always had multiple chances.

It's hard to compare his literal way of speech in the game and movies to anything in the comics because he's not like that in the comics. In the comics, Drax is actually human as are his wife and daughter. Their car is attacked by a ship driven by Thanos and it's actually their daughter who survives. She later goes on to become a super hero herself, Moondragon. Thanos' father wants to create a being to combat Thanos so he creates a body and puts Arthur Douglas (Drax's real name) soul into it and Drax is born. His powers and intelligence have fluctuated over the years, but he's always been a human being.

enter image description here
    enter image description here

• So thanos killed dead in a drive by?

AnimalBoy posted: »

There were a few occasions in the comics where Drax felt robbed and would attack other super heroes when they beat him to the punch. Nothing

• I think that's one of the parts Telltale got right with this game.

I find it interesting the way the guardians have reacted to Thanos' death.
    Like you said, Drax no longer has a purpose and doesn't know what he's going to do with himself. Gamora, I though she'd be happy after she was gone, but it seems the opposite... I don't know whether it's him being gone that she's upset about or whether it's about Nebula. Star-Lord and Rocket... Well, not much to say here. Groot, though. Man, so much to say about his character I can't go into it right now.

Annyyway. I think Drax feels empty after Thanos' death, as he has nothing to live for anymore. I can guarantee you, though. After he finds out what the Eternity Forge can do, he's gonna want to bring his family back.

• Oh crap! I didn't even think about Drax wanting to use the Eternity Forge but you're so right! Man this'll definitely create some conflict in the Guardians. I actually just realized that Drax isn't present during the Next time on interviews...

• I actually just realized that Drax isn't present during the Next time on interviews...

Oohh, I hadn't noticed that. Good job!

Yeah, Drax using the Forge for that is a must.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Oh crap! I didn't even think about Drax wanting to use the Eternity Forge but you're so right! Man this'll definitely create some conflict in the Guardians. I actually just realized that Drax isn't present during the Next time on interviews...

• It would be interesting depending on your choices if either Nebula or Drax uses the forge to revive Thanos. Same situation maybe but different context.

Oh crap! I didn't even think about Drax wanting to use the Eternity Forge but you're so right! Man this'll definitely create some conflict in the Guardians. I actually just realized that Drax isn't present during the Next time on interviews...

• Why would Drax revive Thanos?

It would be interesting depending on your choices if either Nebula or Drax uses the forge to revive Thanos. Same situation maybe but different context.

• I don't think Drax' thirst for revenge is so big that he'd revive Thanos instead of his family.

It would be interesting depending on your choices if either Nebula or Drax uses the forge to revive Thanos. Same situation maybe but different context.

• To kill him himself, clearly. Remember how in GOTG 1 he was perfectly happy contacting Ronan so he had the chance to kill him. Drax is logical that way. Though as Pipas said I suppose he'd be more tempted to revive his family first.

Why would Drax revive Thanos?

• Fair point, I hadn't considered his family. They're more likely on his list.

Pipas posted: »

I don't think Drax' thirst for revenge is so big that he'd revive Thanos instead of his family.

• Hmm, that is an interesting theory...

To kill him himself, clearly. Remember how in GOTG 1 he was perfectly happy contacting Ronan so he had the chance to kill him. Drax is logical that way. Though as Pipas said I suppose he'd be more tempted to revive his family first.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.