GOTG Episode 2 Waiting Thread - Rated by Aus, Releasing June 6th, New Key Art, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Since this thread is highly visisted.

How is episode 1? I definitely hated this franchise and hated the fact telltale decided to do this. It seems even more kid friendly than mcsm, which i find hard to accept.

Didn't really like mcsm's story but it was okay.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited May 2017

It's not M-rated, but it's not "kid-friendly" like Minecraft. The game is T-rated, and it lies in the middle. If anything turns you away from wanting to check out Guardians, I would say that it shouldn't be because you expect it to be on the same level as Minecraft.

Here is some ESRB rating description text that OzzyUK previously found for the first episode, if you don't mind the allusions to minor spoilers:

Rating Summary: This is an action game, based on the Guardians of the Galaxy universe, in which players assume the role of Peter Quill on a quest to retrieve a mysterious relic. Players can engage in various action sequences that require timed button presses to successfully punch, slash, or shoot enemies. Cutscenes depict additional acts of violence: a character shot in the chest with a laser blast; a villain breaking a character's neck; a character stabbed in the chest with a spear. During the course of the game, characters are depicted passed out and hung over after drinking alcohol at a bar. The word “sh*t” is heard in the dialogue.

That being said, I don't consider something to be bad just because it's "kid-friendly" but that's another story.

Since this thread is highly visisted. How is episode 1? I definitely hated this franchise and hated the fact telltale decided to do this.

• I'm partial to Star-Lord and Rocket. :p

who are ur fav characters from the guardians of the galaxy mine are groot , rocket and nebula

• I'm gonna speculate that we get A New Frontier Ep 5 on the 23rd and Guardians on May 30th.

Creeper1846 posted: »

So it might be to soon to say this but without any ratings or news I pretty sure this won't come out this month.

• edited May 2017

I luv all of 'em! <3

(though mostly the Guardians themselves).

who are ur fav characters from the guardians of the galaxy mine are groot , rocket and nebula

• Rocket is my favorite guardian! I also love Gamora and Star Lord. I find Nebula really interesting as well, but I don't really know much about her.

• edited May 2017

When a game is kid friendly, narrative is limited. Less things can be implied/shown, general tone of the game lightens immensely.

Also, I might watch a gameplay on YouTube. Thanks.

On a side note, is there any way to change my username? I chose this name because they killed off Scooter and he won't appear in future Borderland games.

It's not M-rated, but it's not "kid-friendly" like Minecraft. The game is T-rated, and it lies in the middle. If anything turns you away fro

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

On a side note, is there any way to change my username?

Unfortunately there is no way to change a username.

When a game is kid friendly, narrative is limited. Less things can be implied/shown, general tone of the game lightens immensely. Also, I

• those 2 bring the humor

I'm partial to Star-Lord and Rocket.

• the all fantastic in their own way. each one has their own strengths

AChicken posted: »

I luv all of 'em! (though mostly the Guardians themselves).

• ScootersPlotArmour said:.
    When a game is kid friendly, narrative is limited. Less things can be implied/shown, general tone of the game lightens immensely.

Well, that's not a problem with Guardians in particular so I wouldn't let that be the thing to turn me away.

When a game is kid friendly, narrative is limited. Less things can be implied/shown, general tone of the game lightens immensely. Also, I

• Guardians would suck HARD if it were M. Its a teen franchise first and foremost. Sounds like you have an issue more to do with the guardians themselves than the game.

Since this thread is highly visisted. How is episode 1? I definitely hated this franchise and hated the fact telltale decided to do this.

• I am.

Huh. Even for Australia, those seem to be pretty low impact ratings for an M game. Buuuut I guess that's just their standards. I'm not judging.

• Drax's irony never fails to make me laugh (although it's put to better use in the movies so far)

• Yeah, I can't really imagine hardcore swears and gore coming out of this series of characters. I think it'd just be too dark..

Guardians would suck HARD if it were M. Its a teen franchise first and foremost. Sounds like you have an issue more to do with the guardians themselves than the game.

• Well, I never liked Marvel! But hey, I can give it a shot.

Guardians would suck HARD if it were M. Its a teen franchise first and foremost. Sounds like you have an issue more to do with the guardians themselves than the game.

• enter image description here

Drax's irony never fails to make me laugh (although it's put to better use in the movies so far)

• edited May 2017

Drax is my favorite.

• he also has quit an ego

True, but I love how in Vol. 2 they showed a softer side of him. Of all the characters, actually.

nah i recound that Rocket would agree with that and so do i he is an awesome character but he also has quit an ego

• I didn't expect much news for Guardians this month, but i didn't think it would be this inactive in regards to news.

• edited May 2017

Yeah, a release in May seems less and less likely at this point. (at least to me) I'm betting we get a late May release [if we're lucky] or an early June release (1st or 2nd week.)

Chibikid posted: »

I didn't expect much news for Guardians this month, but i didn't think it would be this inactive in regards to news.

• I'm still gonna bet on a May 30th release.

Yeah, a release in May seems less and less likely at this point. (at least to me) I'm betting we get a late May release [if we're lucky] or an early June release (1st or 2nd week.)

• I'd be really shocked if that happened.

I'm still gonna bet on a May 30th release.

• I'm hopin' with all my might....

Fingers crossed, toes crossed, legs crossed, arms crossed, eyes crossed.

I'm still gonna bet on a May 30th release.

• Teeth?

I'm hopin' with all my might.... Fingers crossed, toes crossed, legs crossed, arms crossed, eyes crossed.

• Ya can't cross those, boy!

AgentZ46 posted: »

Teeth?

• I-I can...

Ya can't cross those, boy!

• Hair, don't forget hair.

I'm hopin' with all my might.... Fingers crossed, toes crossed, legs crossed, arms crossed, eyes crossed.

• ;)

Acheive250 posted: »

Hair, don't forget hair.

• Bugs bunny did it...

Ya can't cross those, boy!

• Wow a whole moth since episode 1 and only 3 pages? It will probably start blowing up after TWD ep 5.

• I'm not so sure about that. Ever since the announcement of GOTG it has been pretty slow and inactive surprisingly.

Wow a whole moth since episode 1 and only 3 pages? It will probably start blowing up after TWD ep 5.

• edited May 2017

[removed]

Wow a whole moth since episode 1 and only 3 pages? It will probably start blowing up after TWD ep 5.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The fanbase for GOTG is pretty small so there isn't that many people who want to talk about it in here plus there isn't much episode 2 news to talk about at the moment. When Telltale start teasing us with stuff then there could be more discussions to add more pages.

• Well in the TWD people just keep saying the same damn thing over and over. "This game sucks!" "This game is awesome! I don't know what everyone's problem is." etc...

I'm sure if people here kept saying the same thing over and over we'd have more pages.

• Have you seen the movies?

Rocket is my favorite guardian! I also love Gamora and Star Lord. I find Nebula really interesting as well, but I don't really know much about her.

• Only the first one and yes I will eventually watch the second one.

Acheive250 posted: »

Have you seen the movies?

• There hasn't been much to talk about here. No news, other discussion threads were where the talking was after EP1's release so...

• We have none of that here at all. 3 pages and 1 minor update with minimal activity daily. I'm just surprised this forum has been as inactive and sluggish as it has.

Well in the TWD people just keep saying the same damn thing over and over. "This game sucks!" "This game is awesome! I don't know what every

Sign in to comment in this discussion.