Team David? You Should Change your mind- David is an Asshole!

Many of you stated in this forum that you like David, and that you prefer being a good and loyal brother to him instead of being with Kate, who loves Javi.

I just wanna say that you make a bad move in my opinion(not dumb sorry), because David doesn't appreciate Javi. You can really see it the way he tells you to do everything and to follow his lead, treating you like his slave. Moreover, David doesn't care about his family. He left them for his evil will to go back to the army. Also, after the outbreak he never searched for them. For his little girl Mariana!!!! (and Gabe). This is unforgettable.

When he finds out Mari is dead, he doesn't seem too shocked or sad, that is pretty weird if you ask me.

Crazy David

In the trailer posted today, you can see what happens if you romanced Kate. David is trying to kill Javi, his Brother .
I don't understand why many people hate Kate. I mean she is very cute, she loves Javi, she is a good person, you can see that in her eyes. Yeah, she is your brother's wife, but Javi believed he was dead, and David treated her very badly. She tells you that she doesn't love him, and she seems happy with Javi and yet many of you decides to abandon her to that psychopath !

Sweet Kate - Just love her already!

I am inclined to believe that David is a bad person. and you can see that when you try to go against him. Yes when you are his puppy he seems nice, but its just when he is not out of his mind. But when you go against him, you discover his real face.

Comments

• enter image description here

Crazy David.

• edited May 2017

You should change your mind.

EveryoneHasOpinions

• I stopped reading after you called me and hundreds of others dumb.

Thanks for that, by the way.

• Was never really on his side anyway.

Or even Kate's, technically, because I was unaware we were even supposed to be taking sides. And if that was the case, it didn't come across well at all and it's not fair.

But still, go Kate.

• But i can convince you otherwise.

AronDracula posted: »

You should change your mind. EveryoneHasOpinions

• Oh come on. Im sorry ok?
    Just read it.

I stopped reading after you called me and hundreds of others dumb. Thanks for that, by the way.

• edited May 2017

Heads up: here's the edit code for when you decide to change stuff.

• Actually , from the beginning at the kitchen with the broken glass, you could see that you are going to choose between them.

DabigRG posted: »

Was never really on his side anyway. Or even Kate's, technically, because I was unaware we were even supposed to be taking sides. And if that was the case, it didn't come across well at all and it's not fair. But still, go Kate.

• You never will.

But i can convince you otherwise.

• Calling people dumb for having different opinion is a dumb move.

Oh come on. Im sorry ok? Just read it.

• How did you do it\ get it?

DabigRG posted: »

Heads up: here's the edit code for when you decide to change stuff.

• edited May 2017

I think he's a very boring (read: tropey) character - the feuding brother - and I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at how many people seem to love him and then say they hate Kate. I mean remember the scene where she breaks a glass and is completely terrified of telling her husband, even though she's bleeding profusely? That is not a healthy relationship.

• Exactly . she is totally scared .

Flog61 posted: »

I think he's a very boring (read: tropey) character - the feuding brother - and I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at how many people seem

• Kate, who loves Javi.

If Kate loves Javi, then why didn't she tell David she doesn't want to be with him anymore? Lying to your husband is worse than telling him the truth.

I just wanna say that you are really dumb

So I'm dumb for having an opinion? Ok....

David doesn't appreciate Javi

He does to me. I went with his plan and he accepted the hug I gave to him.

You can really see it the way he tells you to do everything and to follow his lead, treating you like his slave

I don't remember him doing that.

David doesn't care about his family

Then why did he let them get inside Richmond?

David doesn't care about his family

Then why did he betray The New Frontier?

Also, after the outbreak he never searched for them. For his little girl Mariana!!!! (and Gabe).

There was no confirmation that he never searched for them.

When he finds out Mari is dead, he doesn't seem too shocked or sad

Gabe told him about her so his reaction was off-screen.

you can see what happens if you romanced Kate

I didn't because Kate is such a selfish bitch. If anything, it's her fault David is gonna "kill" Javi. She is a fucking coward for not telling David her feelings on her.

David is trying to kill Javi, his Brother .

Hold your horses. This was just a trailer. The episode wasn't released. Everyone can have different outcomes.

David treated her very badly

And she could have easily ditched the marriage.

I am inclined to believe that David is a bad person. and you can see that when you try to go against him.

So you say everyone wouldn't have done the same thing when someone they know or are related to tries to put them in harm's way?

Yes when you are his puppy he seems nice, but its just when he is not out of his mind. But when you go against him, you discover his real face.

So I shouldn't be angry to someone who is throwing me under the bus?

• What you say carrys very little weight when you insult those that hold an opinion you disagree with.

Too often people praise one of these two while shitting on the other. I for one love them both.

His evil will? He was stressed and unhappy with his life and wanted some time. Everyone has those moments. And let's not forget that David only leaves if you encourage him to do so. He didn't search for his family because he thought they were dead. If you think that David wouldn't do anything for his family then you don't know him.

I'd encourage those that truly think David's a bad person to really listen to Lingard's words in episode 4.

• edited May 2017

I just wanna say that you are really dumb

Oh yeah well check that out mr smart I love david over kate you fucking love ot or not.

• Well I can still try, cant I?

You never will.

• Nope.

Well I can still try, cant I?

• Lol this is a joke this is so goddamn moronic

Lol this is a joke this is so goddamn moronic

• Eh, I suppose. Still, the Kate side of things is woefully underutilized and underdeveloped compared to David's.

Actually , from the beginning at the kitchen with the broken glass, you could see that you are going to choose between them.

• From a previous thread several months ago. I saved it on my computer and link it when someone needs it.

How did you do it\ get it?

• Sure, it's all opinions.. but some people here seem to have a very harmful - or at least "weird" - interpretation of "brotherhood". Javi and Kate like each other and are really a great team. While Javi and David never had a healthy relationship. It's kinda cruel to intervene there only because someone - as the player - doesn't like Kate for whatever reason.

• What if you just don't like Kate?

• If Kate loves Javi, then why didn't she tell David she doesn't want to be with him anymore? Lying to your husband is worse than telling him the truth.

Because she likely felt obligated to stay with him at the time and her attraction with Javier was just that. Either way, she eventually decides that she needs to settle things with him before she and Javier do anything further.

Kate, who loves Javi. If Kate loves Javi, then why didn't she tell David she doesn't want to be with him anymore? Lying to your husb

• He didn't search for his family because he thought they were dead.

That's the problem. He stamped all of them as "dead" without even trying to get to them.
    I for one would travel the entire planet by foot if needed, to search for the people who are dear to me. And never stop unless I see their corpses with my own eyes.

AgentZ46 posted: »

What you say carrys very little weight when you insult those that hold an opinion you disagree with. Too often people praise one of these

• Too often people praise one of these two while shitting on the other.

Yeah, I don't really like that either. That's part of why I seldom comment on David despite technically on "Team" Kate.

What you say carrys very little weight when you insult those that hold an opinion you disagree with. Too often people praise one of these

• Too often people praise one of these two while shitting on the other.

Well that not the big a problem. The big problem the people who call others garbage or dumb for having an opinion.

• edited May 2017

I need to see the whole episode before I start throwing David to the wolves. I didn't watch the video because I hear it gives plot points away, but I think there will probably be a build up of events to prompt David to turn on Javier. Also David is saddened greatly by Mariana's death, and can even murder two of his own men because of it.

• edited May 2017

I don't feel like I'm at the point of wanting David to be burnt at a stake just yet, or anywhere near as close really, but he surely has left a negative impression on me so far, whilst Kate has left a good kind of negative impression on me, if that can make sense. They are both two kinds of selfish, I just happen to prefer Kate's selfish over David's.

I don't feel like David doesn't care about his family (Javier included), I just think he is too much of a braindead moron to prioritize them over his own selfish emotions. Trying to run away from his duty as a father figure (and husband, I guess) to chase some rush in the army instead of attempting to fix his marriage; not looking for his family just because it would "hurt too much to go back" are two good examples of David choosing his whim over his family, though these actions are to some extent justified and understandable. Even his rough treatment of Javier is apparently to some extent justified since apparently, our protagonist did some unforgivable things when it came to family off screen post-apocalypse. What I could not let pass, though, was his actions by the end of episode 4.

This motherfucking braindead fucktard, should you chose to take Clint's deal, can't see past his own selfish emotion and retarded revenge and fucking breaks the deal which would get his family, himself, and others a chance to not get involved in a practically impossible-to-win war. Not only he kills an essentially innocent man in this process (Clint), but he also single-handedly caused all the chaos that follows up to that event. Richmond being at open war now is on him. Every casualty is now on him. Conrad dying is on him. Whatever happens next is on him. And finally, Kate "dying" is on him, and the motherfucker will, apparently, blame it on us and act on it next episode, when it is, essentially, his fault.

I am not, however, inclined to "shoot David" or anything as the trailer seems to be implying Javier will have to do. I like to believe I am driving David towards a better road. I refused to take care of his family for him in the present timeline and told him it was his duty (which he didn't take well, sure) and at the beginning of episode 4 told him his temper had scared Kate away, this time though, he seemed to show some level of regret and acknowledgement of his behavior, unlike before. I haven't had romantic advances with Kate. Hopefully, all this will help me change David. Though I'm not really expecting any pay-off for all this since this David vs Javi was featured in the trailer, which pretty much tells us it's happening no matter what, hopefully though, there is more than one outcome for this conflict.

I also wanted to talk about how hiding behind the "muh opinion" line instead of, you know, trying to argument against this person's points, does make you dumb. Just having an opinion does not give you credibility and you can not demand your view to be respected if you present no good fundament. It's how you fundament your opinions that essentially matters, not just the opinion in itself. After all, thinking all David fans are dumb is as much of an opinion as yours, does that mean you have to respect it?

• I like David. So I'm dumb? Well aren't opinions just great!

• kate is a thot tho

• edited May 2017

I think the bad David is determinant if you betrayed David before and wanted to steal his wife. Otherwise we maybe will have just a sad goodbye to David.
    Where I have seen a screenshot of a sad David leaving Gabe and Javi behind.

• In the Your Choices trailer

Bonbon80 posted: »

I think the bad David is determinant if you betrayed David before and wanted to steal his wife. Otherwise we maybe will have just a sad goodbye to David. Where I have seen a screenshot of a sad David leaving Gabe and Javi behind.

• Yes.
    I was nice to David so David shouldn't try to kill me.
    But I feel I will have a broken heart about David.
    In my playgame if he dies I will be very sad because I liked him much as brother.

In the Your Choices trailer

• Same. :(

Bonbon80 posted: »

Yes. I was nice to David so David shouldn't try to kill me. But I feel I will have a broken heart about David. In my playgame if he dies I will be very sad because I liked him much as brother.

• edited May 2017

Clint is not innocent. He lets Ava/Tripp get executed right in front of everyone, and then still supports the woman who did it. His bright idea is to banish them all to a horde of walkers instead. David's rage at Ava's death is understandable, but I will concede that it was a bad idea to kill Clint in return.

And also, Kate is responsible for her own death (if she died). She drove balls to the walls right into a wall with no regard for human life. She nearly kills javi/clementine or determinantely kills Conrad who saves Javier. None of that is David's fault, Kate was driving like a maniac when she's supposed to be the getaway vehicle. Kate is the cause of all the walkers getting into the town.

But what I really wanted to tell you is to just not call people dumb. Nobody has to argue their opinion unless they're trying to change someone else's opinion. Calling someone dumb because they aren't bothering to change your mind is not a good debate point, and will only lead to an argument rather than a debate. There's no need for that garbage.

I don't feel like I'm at the point of wanting David to be burnt at a stake just yet, or anywhere near as close really, but he surely has lef

• So much for diverse opinion.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.