Steven Universe Thread

Comments

• New episodes have been pretty fantastic, although they all suffer from the same issue the rest of the series does. Every time it looks like a major development in the story is about to be made, it gets shut down. It's a neverending tease.

• I understand, Since the whole 'Lars is pink now' I wonder how that will affect things now. Will he become a bigger character in the story? Does this mean he's immortal?(Since we have no idea to how old lion is. We first see Rose with lions when she meets the settler guy. Which was hundreds of years in the past) How will this affect Lars and his relationship with everyone else? But knowing SU I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't brought up at all.

New episodes have been pretty fantastic, although they all suffer from the same issue the rest of the series does. Every time it looks like a major development in the story is about to be made, it gets shut down. It's a neverending tease.

• edited June 2017

For some reason, I get the feeling that they'll jump right back into it.

New episodes have been pretty fantastic, although they all suffer from the same issue the rest of the series does. Every time it looks like a major development in the story is about to be made, it gets shut down. It's a neverending tease.

• wait, what?, official soundtrack release? art/origin book? I did not know about all of this! cant wait to check 'em out

So much Steven Universe stuff coming out soon, what with the soundtrack, Save the Light, and the Art & Origins book all set for this sum

• but he came back, pink and all! he's adorable now

• interesting you think that, I feel its necessary for those set backs to happen. above all steven is not ready to face any diamond let alone being in homeworld without allies! the thing that happened with lars is necessary for him to re-group and strategies against powerful antagonists etc.. it makes perfect sense unless you mean something else xD

what I want tho is seeing more of homeworld how they work and how gems operate. kinda like how beach city episodes works but instead explore more characters and gems that we would not otherwise.

• I think it means that he's a renewed soul, he's soft and courageous and a complete opposite of what we saw in "i am my mom" episode. just like what happened with amethyst and how her viewing herself is changed for the better.

• above all steven is not ready to face any diamond let alone being in homeworld without allies!

I never said anything about facing the Diamonds, I'm talking about plot elements. They're being very coy about what happened with Rose, they brought up the possibility of Pink Diamond's death being an inside job, they did stuff with Topaz, and yet each plot point kind of just stopped. It's not bad but it's a tad frustrating.

what I want tho is seeing more of homeworld how they work and how gems operate.

Same here.

Mercyva posted: »

interesting you think that, I feel its necessary for those set backs to happen. above all steven is not ready to face any diamond let alone

• that's the problem with SU in general, its a pacing issue. I wont complain about the story if I watched it in one go, but abruptly ending with no consistent schedule is equally frustrating & annoying. but I cant deny that quality matters and its not realistic for the series to not have breaks, unless you discover the series years from now

regarding homeworld, yes. I feel its hypocritical judging how a society works based on assumptions and a few tyranny examples. I hope we explore homeworld with the good and the bad, when SU ends let both sides have their arguments showcased and not just "in earth you can fuse and be free, in homeworld you are a slave" shxt. I want them to visually showcase homeworld and not just by mouth words

above all steven is not ready to face any diamond let alone being in homeworld without allies! I never said anything about facing th

• I just started watching SU, finished 26 episodes already. It was okay at first, but then I got really hooked! My favorite gem so far is Pearl because she has the same personality as me. Seriously, we are sooo alike it's actually scary lol. Out of human characters I really like Lars and Sadie, excited to see where their relationship goes (though I already saw the Lars spoiler, thanks reddit). And I also want to find out Rose Quartz's story so badly! This show leaves a lot of questions.

• yayyy!! hope you enjoy the rest of the ride and do check in if you catch up or want to talk about any event moving forward :), also, pearl is bae.

I just started watching SU, finished 26 episodes already. It was okay at first, but then I got really hooked! My favorite gem so far is Pear

• _the show will come back November 10th! finally the hiatus is over, & there is a new game ; Steven universe save the light. I will link both down :#

_Comeback trailer

Save the light

• Ah yeah, I was wondering if there was one of these.

• yeah, already released :]

DabigRG posted: »

Ah yeah, I was wondering if there was one of these.

• Here are some neat questions:

Who are some of your favorite characters and what sticks out about hem?

Who are some of your least favorite characters and why?

What are some character traits or plot points that you think could make any character more interesting/enjoyable if they were explored?

Are there any characters or even episodes you feel could be combined?

• Sadie still proves to be one of my favorite characters <3

• I personally like Sadie, Nanefua and oddly enough, Kevin.
    Sadie has always been a sympathetic character who continually gets run over by the world and people around her, even though she's shown that she can do so much on her own.
    Nanefua is just plain great and oh have I missed her!
    Kevin is an interesting one, he's a total jerk but he's quite charismatic as well.

I can't say I have a least favorite, I like each character for one reason or another, whether it's their appearance, songs, personality or actions.

I think we need some plot points regarding Pearl's past which I'm sure we'll get, I'd also like to learn more about how Garnet came to understand herself and become who she is now because I feel like Garnet is a bit of a static character allot of the time. I also hope we see more seriousness out of Peridot and Lapis, as they always seem to be doing pretty silly things in their episodes and after Peridot's redemption and Lapis' escape from Malachite, I feel as though they've been downsized to comedic relief.

Here are some neat questions: Who are some of your favorite characters and what sticks out about hem? Who are some of your least favor

• edited January 2018

Here's something fun: I decided to classify all of the Steven Universe characters using Four Temperaments. I tried looking around the Internet for existing lists, but I only found two sources focusing on a select few characters.

Do you guys think these are accurate?

Note: Covers all revealed or foreshadowed characters up to this point, so spoilers abound.

Steven Quartz Universe Sanguine
    Pearl Melancholic
    Amethyst XJM Choleric
    Garnet Phlegmatic

Connie Maheswaren Melancholic
    Greg Universe née De Mayo Phlegmatic
    Lion Phlegmatic
    Rose Quartz Sanguine

Ruby Choleric
    Sapphire Phlegmatic
    Opal Phlegmatic
    Sugilite Choleric
    Sardonyx Sanguine
    Alexandrite Leukine
    Smoky Quartz Sanguine

Laramie Lars Barriga Melancholic
    Sadie Miller Phlegmatic/Choleric
    Onion Phlegmatic/Sanguine
    Ronaldo Fryman Sanguine

Buck Dewey Phlegmatic
    Jenny Pizza Choleric
    Sour Cream Phlegmatic

Peedee Fryman Melancholic
    Kiki Pizza Phlegmatic
    Jaime Sanguine

Priyanka Maheswaren Choleric
    Doug Maheswaren Phlegmatic
    Dante Barriga Sanguine
    Martha Barriga Sanguine
    Barb Miller Choleric
    Yellowtail Choleric
    Vidalia Phlegmatic
    Mr. Fryman Choleric
    Kofi Pizza Choleric
    Nanefau Pizza Sanguine
    Bill Dewey Sanguine/Melancholic

Mr. Harold Smiley Sanguine
    Suitcase Sam Leukine
    Jane Phlegmatic/Sanguine
    Marty Choleric
    Kevin Choleric
    Mr. Quentin Frowny Melancholic
    Andy De Mayo Choleric
    Squash Phlegmatic
    Garbanzo Sanguine
    Pinto Leukine
    Soup Sanguine
    Sabina Phlegmatic

Wy-Six Sanguine
    Jay-Ten Sanguine

Lapis Lazuli Phlegmatic
    Peridot 5XG Melancholic/Choleric
    Jasper Choleric

Doc Ruby Choleric
    Eyeball Ruby Melancholic
    Navy Ruby Sanguine
    Army Ruby Choleric
    Leggy Ruby Phlegmatic

Holly Blue Agate Choleric
    Skinny Jasper Phlegmatic
    Carnelian Sanguine

Aquamarine Choleric
    Topaz & Topaz Phlegmatic

Blue Zircon Melancholic
    Yellow Zircon Phlegmatic

Emerald Choleric

Yellow Diamond Choleric
    Yellow Pearl Choleric
    Blue Diamond Melancholic
    Blue Pearl Phlegmatic
    Pink Diamond Sanguine
    Pink Pearl
    White Diamond

• edited January 2018

I'm so glad this thread was brought back. The last episodes were mindblowing - and no one discusses them here!! Honestly, there are more questions than answers now, but at least we get to know how Pink Diamond looked like and what were her motivations. She looks like an off-color and it's certainly an interesting trope.

It's funny how Crystal Gems and Great Diamond Authority are really alike. Just compare:

• Garnet/White Diamond - the leader, wisest and strongest one (?)
    • Pearl/Blue Diamond - elegant, sensitive, sorrowful about their loss, emotionally expressive, diplomatic, often the voice of the reason
    • Amethyst/Yellow Diamond - emotionally repressive, impulsive
    • Steven/Pink Diamond - small, often not taken seriously, defective (?), tries to stand up to his/her mentors, can act childish from time to time
  • Boy, I sure do hope people who come here saw the episodes first.

( Use >! at the beginning of each line if you want to do something about it)

(Spoiler)

• Omg thank you so much. I hate the new spoiler system, it's so dumb.

Boy, I sure do hope people who come here saw the episodes first. ( Use >! at the beginning of each line if you want to do something about it)

• I didn't use the spoiler function much, so I can't really comment much.

But yes, it is kinda silly.

Omg thank you so much. I hate the new spoiler system, it's so dumb.

• the hiatus is killing me.. I guess I should be used to it by now :]

• I agree the latest episodes were awesome! and I hope this thread picks up because steven universe is giving me more questions than answers and I would love to theorize them with the community but oh well..

I.. didn't like the pink diamond reveal that much.. I guess I disliked her being a brat and all.. hope there is more to it than what they showed

(Spoiler)

• I don't think they wanted to show PD as a brat - she's just misunderstood. I can understand why. If you think about her size and her gem, PD is probably defective. And what is worse than being born into highest authority yet still remaining defective and underestimated? The Diamonds didn't seem to take her seriously. It kinda mirrors the situation with Steven - he also wants to be a proper Crystal Gem, go on adventures and save others but he's small, not so powerful and overprotected.

Before drawing conclusions, we need more insight on PD's story, the way she got Earth and ruled it. I think we'll have more reasons to sympathize with her.

Mercyva posted: »

I agree the latest episodes were awesome! and I hope this thread picks up because steven universe is giving me more questions than answers a

• I really wanted to share Datis Ausum's videos here. I haven't seen a better MV about Steven Universe. Enjoy :)

• edited February 2018

Is this show kind of like Rick and Morty but for a younger audience?

• edited February 2018

Nah It's very melodramatic and more like a space opera than anything. It does have some silly stuff but it isn't anywhere near as bonkers as Rick and Morty.

If you're looking for something like Rick and Morty but for a younger audience you'd probably like either Adventure Time or Regular Show.

Acheive250 posted: »

Is this show kind of like Rick and Morty but for a younger audience?

• edited February 2018

Oh, no. I wasn't looking for a Rick and Morty substitute, I was just wondering if it was much like it, because that's the impression I got from the very little bits I've seen. But thanks.

lupinb0y posted: »

Nah It's very melodramatic and more like a space opera than anything. It does have some silly stuff but it isn't anywhere near as bonkers as

• SU might seem a little childish at first but it develops into a really deep cartoon that touches some difficult topics. It's quite emotional - sometimes even too emotional - but I like it. Also the style and atmosphere combined with awesome music gives a whole new feeling.

I'd suggets you watching it but be aware of the fillers - they're like 50% of the series. That's why the plot is progressing really slow.

Acheive250 posted: »

Oh, no. I wasn't looking for a Rick and Morty substitute, I was just wondering if it was much like it, because that's the impression I got from the very little bits I've seen. But thanks.

• So Reunited(The Season 5 finale) happened..

• Just finished the season 5 finale. It was fantastic! This is the first time in a long while where I got legitimately excited about an episode (for the most part the past couple seasons have been... alright). The whole thing felt like a series finale. Really pumped for the sixth season now, whenever that is airing.

• Adventure Time

• Come on and grab your friends

Dex-Starr posted: »

Adventure Time

• We'll go to very, distant lands

lupinb0y posted: »

Come on and grab your friends

• Idk, I can't watch Steven Universe. It just makes me cringe. "If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs" ?? What in the actual fuck is that even supposed to mean???

• It’s just their weird way of saying that not everything is perfect, or just because something isn’t perfect doesn’t mean nothing good can come from it.

Idk, I can't watch Steven Universe. It just makes me cringe. "If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs" ?? What in the actual fuck is that even supposed to mean???

• The fight scenes were like in an anime show with diamonds as OP boss villains lmao

On a serious note, this episode bomb was everything I hoped it to be and for the first time I'm not bitter about the upcoming hiatus, simply because I'm still wrapping my mind about all the things that happened. Thank you, Rebecca Sugar, for overwhelming me with emotions. I felt adoration, joy, sadness, excitement, terror, etc. That was... something, for sure.

• i mean that's just a cutesy saying for a joke and is supposed to be a fun little quote and nothing more. kind of a shit reason to dislike the show over if you ask me.

the poor story, massive amount of filler, terrible voice acting, decreasing quality in musical numbers, inconsistent animation, inconsistent character heights, toxic fanbase, blatantly obvious symbolism, complete lack of subtlety tackling serious issues, lack of a focused narrative, odd way the episodes are formatted and released, and the fact that rebecca sugar is just a garbage human overall are all way more valid reasons to dislike the show.

Idk, I can't watch Steven Universe. It just makes me cringe. "If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs" ?? What in the actual fuck is that even supposed to mean???

• I can’t wait for the finale, it all started with a war and it’s going to end with a war.

Adventure Time

Sign in to comment in this discussion.