Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• I'm so sorry for the inactivity again as of late. As I said in TheKingOfWalkers's story, I've been so busy with graduation, final exams, etc. This is my last week, so hopefully I can manage to find some time to get online more such as today.

Hey, that's alright! I know that situation, been there myself, though I am happy to hear that you're almost through it. Hang on there, you almost got it! I certainly look forward to have you as a more active person in the forums again, as well as to hopefully read new parts of your story once you have the time again :)

Holy shit, what a fantastic part. This might be one of my favorite parts of the entire story, maybe even top five. Everything was great, even me hating Petyr; fuck him. There are arguments for him to be liked in a way, but nah. Despite his reasons, he's an evil man if he has to betray and harm his own family like that - all without showing much remorse (maybe a little, but for the most part, no). By the looks of it now, it may have seem that my choice in the previous Lucas voting may have been wrong, but if it proves to be a better choice in the long run, then I'll see it as successful (considering that I'm sure Petyr would have done something worse if we refused).

Ah, this is an amazing compliment, thank you! Though I am not sure if I'd place it among my own top five (on account of there being so many of them :D) it is certainly up there with a lot of my favourites and I am so happy that I am not alone with this feeling. And well, Petyr is indeed a character that can be hated pretty easily. He has some redeeming qualities, but at heart he is the guy who willingly works with Mullendore and screws over his own family. Tells you a lot about his character. He's also not the kind of guy to show remorse, that you got correctly. Maybe he does wish that things would have been different with Lucas and he certainly wouldn't have gone out of his way to screw him over, but now that it's done, he clearly is not particularly remorseful.

Argella rises even further up on my list of favorite characters, even when I didn't think it was possible. Watching the Sphynx fall apart like that was so satisfying. It felt as if Lucas was about to die any second.

Very good to hear this! Argella is a major character in the things to come and I guess quite a number of scenes and moments will have a far stronger reaction if she's a character you and the others actually like. Sure she got her flaws, major ones so, but I hope I manage to portray her in a largely sympathetic way regardless. And well, given how dark many of the current events are, I just had to give the Sphynx some comeuppance for once. It won't be the last thoroughly satisfying scene to come, that much I promise ;)

It is now where I must admire how phenomenal you have written Lucas as a character. The fact that I can look at how he was in the beginning of the story to now and see how changed he is with a justified reason, is incredible. He is such an awesome yet tragic character who you only want to see succeed, but always goes through very tough hardships. Kudos Liquid, for this reason Lucas is and always will be one of my favorite POV characters. Just an amazing part!

And this is what I am the most happy about to hear! Lucas is th PoV who got the most parts and who has been the most central to the story as a whole, so I guess you can consider him the main character. And what would the story be without a main character you can actually root for? It makes me so glad that his story and his development are so well-liked by you and the others. While I hope others will rise to the same prominence and praise, I am more than happy that I succeeded at making you invested in Lucas and his fate.

Partition posted: »

I'm so sorry for the inactivity again as of late. As I said in TheKingOfWalkers's story, I've been so busy with graduation, final exams, etc

• I truly admire your talented writing. For a second I thought Lucas was actually going to die and I got really devastated. Have you ever though about writing a book? I'll bet it would trun out just great.

Actually, I have! Writing has always been a bit of a passion of mine, though Forum of Thrones and the wonderful response I got from all of you has turned it into something I could legitimately imagine to do for a living. I'm having ideas, plans and stuff and the experience I get from writing this could definitely come in handy there. My mind is full with concepts, now I only need to find room to write them down. Of course, I won't start with any original writing before I actually finish FoT and it is possible that I will be long done with my studies and working at a stable job by then, but I have no doubt that I will try my hand at some original writing in the future, something I could actually send to a publisher. I have heard such things before from other readers and it is save to say that should this day come, I will try my best to let you know about it :)

I KNEW IT! I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD REFUSE! Fucking Petyr, he's on the top of my hate list now. Let's pray to god Lucas gets his justice. I t

• edited June 2017

The next part is going to be out today!

Well, there is no voting to close this time, so I'm just going to use this space to announce that you can expect the new part to be out today. I also just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your exciting reaction to this latest part. I had a blast writing it and it was wonderful to see that you had fun reading it! This is incredibly reassuring and makes me excited to learn what you will think about some of the future developments I have planned. Recently, I have put more thought into Book 2 and I can safely say that it will contain some moments I legitimately cannot wait to share with you. On a slightly less happy note, it will have a higher body count than Book 1, this is for sure, though it doesn't necessarily have to be an entirely bad thing ;)

This time, there's no voting to close, so those of you who still wish to say something about this part can always do so later on. Without having to wait for any additional votes, I have been able to write a little bit faster and I am pretty sure the next part is going to be out in a couple of hours. This time, it will be the finale for Edrick's storyline in Book 1. Well, all of the parts to come will be final parts of their respective storylines, with Edrick, Willfred, John, Jenna, Richard, Lucas, Jaron, Arthur and Drent still having one part each (though some of them will only have half the length of a part, meaning we're likely down to 6 remaining parts in this chapter and book). Now, back to Edrick's part, he's going to have a long final part and it will include a choice. Last time we saw him, he and his companions arrived at a bridge over the Green Fork. It was one of the few bridges that weren't held by an Ironborn garrison and naturally, Edrick and co. would very much prefer not to be questioned by a patrol, on account of half of them being important northern nobility in semi-hostile territory. However, a new problem came up, when they met the traveller Jorid, who said something to offend a strange knight, who introduced himself as Reymond Mormont. Reymond insisted on duelling Jorid for this insult and chose the bridge as the place for their duel, though Jorid naturally refused. Until this matter was settled, Reymon refused to let anyone pass. Seeing how arguing with the knight would be pointless, Edrick ordered Alphyn to champion for Jorid. The two duelled, with Alphyn originally losing, before turning the fight around. He managed to knock Reymond's helmet off, revealing that the knight is none other than a woman. With this new twist, Edrick was given the choice to either remind Alphyn not to attack her too harshly, on account of her being a woman, or to go tell him to go all out and just end the fight by any means. You decided for the latter and we're going to see how this is going to go right at the beginning of the next part.

• Recently, I have put more thought into Book 2 and I can safely say that it will contain some moments I legitimately cannot wait to share with you

Hype!The next book has potential to be even much better of the already awesome first one!

On a slightly less happy note, it will have a higher body count than Book 1

Oh well,this story has such a large number of characters (introduced or not) that I sadly found that a logical consequence (expecially since the next book will start The War)

Edrick, Willfred, John, Jenna, Richard, Lucas, Jaron, Arthur and Drent still having one part each

While I don't find weird that Garthon and Ilish have finished their storyline for this book I'm surprised that we won't have a last Sadie part

The next part is going to be out today! Well, there is no voting to close this time, so I'm just going to use this space to announce that

• Hype!The next book has potential to be even much better of the already awesome first one!

Oh, I surely hope so! I plan to ever improve and while parts of Book 1 still involved me finding my style, I think I succeeded at that by now. Many storylines have only just begun or had a lot of build up that will pay off in Book 2 and in some cases Book 3. Take Ilish for example, because she is really the best example. Her Book 1 storyline was not exactly the most eventful and while she had her moments, I doubt there's anyone who is super invested in her parts. Book 2 aims to change that, among other things. It will be bigger, louder, more emotional, the stakes will ever increase. I'd be surprised if it is not going to be better than Book 1.

Oh well,this story has such a large number of characters (introduced or not) that I sadly found that a logical consequence (expecially since the next book will start The War)

Aye, this is very much the case. Book 2 will feature a lot of fighting, but even outside of The War, there will be battles to be fought. A lot of lives will be claimed along the way and well, I honestly got a bit emotional as I went through the list of characters currently introduced, only to remember what fate I have planned for quite a number of them. But so is the nature of the story. A lot of you wished for more consequences and though there have been moments where I didn't want to kill off some characters on account of them not feeling fully developed yet, Book 2 already has a large cast of characters you are familiar with, so I won't have these concerns anymore. At least I think so. Wether or not I actually manage to go through with some of the deaths I have planned, I honestly don't know. Others though... let's just say there is one particular death scene that has been planned for ages now to happen in mid-Book 2 and that gives me a shit-eating grin every time I imagine it :D

While I don't find weird that Garthon and Ilish have finished their storyline for this book I'm surprised that we won't have a last Sadie part

Damn it, I knew I have forgotten to mention one of them XD Sadie is going to have another part as well of course! I have it all planned out, just forgot to mention her in this little list. I had slight plans for another Garthon part, but ultimately don't know if I will have the room for it. Maybe, if Sadie doesn't take an entire part of her own, I could cram him into it, though there won't be all that major twists coming for him until the first chapter of Book 2.

Recently, I have put more thought into Book 2 and I can safely say that it will contain some moments I legitimately cannot wait to share wit

• Edrick

“Don't go easy on her!”, Edrick shouted. “Just get it over with so that we can continue our journey” Dante glanced at him, raising an eyebrow. “You want him to beat up a woman?”, he asked and Edrick nonchalantly nodded. “A woman that would beat his ass otherwise”, he reminded him. Though still not looking too happy with this development, a slight smirk formed on Dante's face. “Fair enough”, he admitted, before he turned to Alphyn. “Just don't kill her!”

Alphyn grinned, a violent grin, as he took a strike at the woman's head. As expected, she parried, though had to hold against it with visible problems, as Alphyn put more strength than before into his strike. He did not hesitate to attack again, hitting her below the shield, against the steel that protected her waist.

Anger was visible on the woman's face now and she parried the next strike with her sword, leaving her free to slam the metal shield against Alphyn's chest, causing the knight to stagger. Edrick threw a curious glance at Jorid, who watched the fight with caution. “You knew about that?”, he asked.

The man raised an eyebrow. “The woman thing you mean?”, he asked in return and shook his head. “Not at all. Explains quite a few things though. Had I known about it, I would have kept my mouth shut around her. You don't insult a lady”

He was interrupted by the woman's scream of anger, as Alphyn's strike hit her upper arm, causing her to drop the sword in surprise. Without wasting time, she threw a heavy punch right into the knight's face and Edrick chuckled as he saw his companion staggering backwards. “Yeah, a real lady you have there”, he commented dryly.

Though the punch caught Alphyn off guard, the fight was as good as over with him successfully disarming her. He dodged the next punch, as he threw himself at her, shoulder first, throwing her off balance, as she stumbled against the ledge of the bridge. Without hesitating, the knight slammed the hilt of his sword against the side of her head, going down with her, as he raised his sword again. Finally kneeling on top of her, he put the blade to her throat, letting out a victorious howl.

“Do you yield?”, he growled loudly and with a frustrated sigh, the woman nodded. “I yield”, she confirmed. Now, Alphyn got up again, glancing over his shoulder and presenting his bloody nose, as well as his wide, hungry grin towards Edrick. “That was glorious!”, he exclaimed. “Thank you for putting the trust in me. Told you I wouldn't fail you”

Edrick nodded in return. “Good job!”, he complimented him. On his sign, Darreth and Leo rode closer. After both descended from their horses, the group stepped onto the bridge. Jorid followed, pushing himself past Edrick and extending his hand towards Alphyn. “Ser, I owe you a lot”, he said with a stern voice. Alphyn smirked, as he shook the hand. “No big deal”, he assured him. “This was fun, really”

While they spoke, Edrick walked closer to the woman, who was still lying on the ground, holding her head in pain. He knelt down next to her and she shot him a glare, not a particularly furious one though. “Reymond Mormont?”, he said, as he extended his hand, trying to help her up. With a sigh, she accepted his help, though the heavy plate armour meant that she had to do most of the work herself regardless.

Breathing heavily, the woman stumbled against the ledge again, using it to remain standing. “Congratulations, Ser”, she complimented Alphyn with an honest tone. “You won fair and square and I accept it. You and your friends may pass” Momentarily, she shot a glare at Jorid. “This includes you”, she added.

Finally, she looked back at Edrick, running a hand through her short hair. Blood began to ran out of a tiny wound at the side of her head, where Alphyn had hit her with his sword. “And I guess I might owe you an apology”, she continued. “I shouldn't have forced you to get involved in this”

“No apology needed, mylady”, Dante was quick to say. “However, an explanation would be appreciated. Why are you wearing this armour. Why do you claim to be someone else?” This time, the woman seemed to shrink in her armour, visibly uncomfortable with his question. “I suppose I might owe you an explanation as well”, she mumbled weakly.

A moment passed in which Edrick already assumed he wouldn't get an explanation after all, but then, she began to speak. “I didn't lie”, she began. “About anything here. My name is Reymond Mormont” She shrugged under Edrick's surprised and slightly confused glance. “Unusual, I know, but I have grown to accept it”, she continued. “I am the firstborn daughter of Worland Mormont, Lord of Bear Island. Up until my birth, he was sure he'd get a firstborn son instead, named after Lord Reymond, his father. He got his wish, as always, even if his firstborn child wasn't a boy”

“I have heard of Worland Mormont”, Dante spoke up. “Malina once mentioned him. He's a... difficult man to be around” Reymond chuckled without any joy, before she gave him a wary nod. “That's a polite way of putting it”, she replied. “It's been half a decade until he finally got his son and heir, my younger brother Jorn. Never stopped my Lord Father to blame me for not being his firstborn son”

There was resentfulness in her voice, anger, grief and words unspoken. It made sense, Edrick realized. The way she stood, like someone who was trained to fight from an early age, like a girl that had to be the son her father wanted.

“If you consider this a deception, I would like to apologize”, Reymond told them, her voice showing genuine regret. “Though I am sure you understand why I haven't told you about this or revealed my identity. I am used to this, though be assured, I haven't lied”

“You're not really a knight”, Darreth clarified and Reymond shook her head. “I have never received the honours, true”, she confirmed. “But I live by the same code. My father wanted a firstborn son, a knight to bring honour to House Mormont. I can never be the first, but the second, I can at least try”

By now, she had recovered from her injuries enough to stand entirely on her own. Picking up the helmet that had fallen to the ground, she held it in her hands, looking at her reflection in it. “Lady Reymond”, Darreth said an the woman frowned. “I usually go by Rhea”, she replied without even looking at him.

“Rhea then”, Alphyn said. “You fought well, for a girl” She shot him a glare, enough to make him raise his hands. “It was meant as a compliment”, he assured her, to which she sighed. “Didn't sound like one”, she growled. “But whatever it was, you may pass now. I have lost, I will accept that”

As she said this, she sounded so utterly defeated that Edrick couldn't help but to feel an ounce of pity for this woman. Jorid obviously felt the same, as he cleared his throat. “Lady Mormont”, he said, as he walked up to her. “I think I wronged you and would like to apologize. Didn't know I'd insult a woman. That was... unseemly”

She threw a tired look at him. “You meant what you said”, she replied. “Me being a woman doesn't change a thing about that, so your apology does not matter. Neither do I want it anymore. Your champion won your fight” She gave him a nod. “I hold no grudge to you after this. You can go with these men” Though taken back by her refusal to accept his apology, Jorid smiled. “Thank you, mylady”, he told her, before he glanced at Edrick. “May I accompany you for a while? It seems we both have to travel south”

Edrick was about to answer to this, when he noticed something at the other side of the river. The road there was partially obscured by old, crooked trees growing near the shore, so that he didn't saw them coming right away, but there was undeniably movement on the road. A lot of movement. And his slight smile of relief at the lucky outcome of this duel turned into concern.

Leo had seen it as well, as he visibly tensed up and then, Darreth spotted the movement. “Oh shit...”, he growled as the approaching men finally got into their field of view. There were a lot of them, two dozen at least, marching like trained soldiers, half of them armed with swords, the other half armed with bows. Their tabards were black, with a silver codfish on top.

One man was clearly leading them. After spotting Edrick and his companions on the bridge, he raised a hand and instantly, the bows were pointed at them, making not only any attempt at escaping moot, but also their intentions very clear. Though pretty far away from an actual panic, Edrick felt deep concern at this turn of events, as his eyes were fixed on the leader, who wore a silver cloak above the tabard

He was in Edrick's age, a tall man with impressive muscles. The naked upper arms were covered in scars, the visible skin deeply tanned from many hours spent in the sun. Brown hair fell down his shoulder, tied into a thick braid, with a short, bushy beard covering his chin. One cheek was split almost in half by an ugly scar and his nose was heavily crooked. Finally, small, dark eyes that mustered the group as he and his swordsman approached.

“What a chance meeting this is”, he said and his voice was deep and certainly not unpleasant, calm and not threatening in the slightest. The archers behind him told a different story though. He walked closer and his men followed, as he carefully looked at each member of the group he and his soldiers just intercepted. “Sers...”, he said and his eyes widened slightly as he spotted Reymond. “Mylady”

Edrick crossed his arms, instantly wary of this man. “Captain”, he greeted him and the man gave him a nod, confirming his guess about the rank. “Gawayne Schaffrot”, he introduced himself. “You are trespassing on lands that belong to House Codd”

Neither name nor sigil of this house meant anything to him, though by watching the cautious reactions from Reymond and Dante, Edrick realized that these were bad news. He forced himself to smile in a friendly way, as he stood slightly more relaxed. “Apologies”, he told him. “We're new to these lands, strangers to the local customs”

Gawayne smirked coldly. “I couldn't care less for the local customs”, he admitted. “What I care for is that there is usually a tax to be collected for those that wish to cross the Green Fork” This time, Edrick shrugged apologetically. “As said, we're strangers to these lands. Neither of us knew about this and we haven't seen a guard on this bridge”, he said. “I am sure we can arrange something”

“A shameful oversight”, Gawayne admitted thinly. “But indeed, we shall make an arrangement” His tone made Edrick nervous and he glanced at the archers, who still pointed their arrows right at them. “Is... is this really necessary?”, he asked. “We're just harmless wanderers”

Gawayne raised an eyebrow. “We'll see”, he replied ominously. “And you are far from harmless, that much I can see. Heavily armed travellers, who attempt to trespass on these lands” Slightly, he shook his head. “Surely you can understand that we have to be very cautious here. You might scare the locals”

Edrick gulped. “Please, pass on my sincerest apologies to Lord Codd”, he said. Gawayne shook his head. “Lord Codd is a hundred miles away, serving at the king's court. In his absence, his niece governs these lands, Lady Viveka”

“Then pass on my apologies to her”, Edrick repeated. “For now, I can assure you we mean to threat to this region. Surely we can make an arrangement” Gawayne's smile grew wider, yet it remained just as cold, almost mocking even. “Perhaps”, he stated. “There is a toll you have to pay. But even beyond that, this is a rather strange occurrence. A concerning one”

“How so?”, Dante spoke up, moving forwards until he stood next to Edrick. Gawayne mustered him carefully, before answering. “This region is far from a safe place”, he explained. “We always had problems here. Local makebates, who disagree with the rule of House Codd. The ever-present bandits. Rebels in some cases, insurgents who come here from other edges of our kingdom” He took a moment to look at each of them, focussing longer on Leo than on anyone else. “Foreign agitators”

Dante raised both of his hands, showing he meant no threat. “We are none of these, I can promise you that”, he replied and Gawayne shrugged. “As I said, that remains to be seen”, he answered. “I am sure you understand that I have questions. A group of heavily-armed travellers such as you, that's something we don't see here all that often”

“Ask right ahead”, Edrick said, as his hand moved to the small purse on his belt, where he kept a few coins. If all went well, he only had to part with them. If not... he didn't want to think about it for too much. “Let us start with your names and the reason for your journey here”

Edrick gulped, though he maintained his composure. A group of noble northerners, chasing after a runaway lady... that was not the kind of story he wanted to tell to an Ironborn lackey. Though not formally at war, there was not much love between his people and them.

“Dante”, Dante introduced himself and Gawayne glanced at him. “Just Dante?”, he asked and the knight gave him a nod. “I am a merchant, these are my guards. We are travelling to Tumbleton, where I wish to meet with an old friend of mine”

“A merchant”, Gawayne repeated. “Without any goods. How curious” He shifted his attention to Edrick. “And you?”, he asked. “Edrick”, Edrick replied and this time, the captain raised an eyebrow. “Just Edrick?”, he asked and flashed him a concerning grin as Edrick nodded. “I am one of the guards Dante mentioned”, he answered.

“You”, the captain continued without responding to the rest of Edrick's tale, turning his attention to Jorid. The man shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. “My name is Jorid”, he introduced himself and Gawayne gave him a nod. “I am... was a soldier, serving with a small garrison at Moat Cailin. A patrol of mine has been slaughtered, by brigands I assume. Men I have tracked south to these lands”

“Brigands”, Gawayne mumbled. “How very concerning. So, it is vengeance that drives you to our lands? You wish to spill blood?” Jorid gulped. “That was not what I've been saying”, he protested, though the captain already moved on to the next target. This time, it was Leo. “Hello again”, he said and instantly, Edrick tensed up at the familiar tone. “Can you confirm what your companions have said?”

Leo cowered under Edrick's surprised glare, though he met it with one equally furious. “This one told the truth, I think”, he said, pointing at Jorid. “The rest has been lying to you” Edrick tensed up, while Darreth, right next to the hunter, took a sharp breath. “Leo!”, he growled, though he was ignored.

“They are knights, all of them”, Leo said. “This one is Dante Karstark, nephew of Brogar Karstark” He pointed from Dante to Alphyn. “Alphyn Frostborn, son and heir of Lionel Frostborn. Then we have Darreth Kailen, Dante's squire and Ser Edrick, in service of Barroth Boleyn”

While Darreth looked shocked at this, Edrick noticed a familiar anger on Dante's face, one he felt himself. “You bloody traitor...”, the young knight growled with a deathly furious voice. Leo ignored him. “And we just met her. Reymond Mormont, daughter of Worland Mormont”

An odd look formed on Gawayne's face as he glanced at the woman, a mixture of amusement and surprise, quickly followed by slight anger. “What a curious name for a lady”, he chuckled, as he approached her. Reymond instantly reached for her sword, though Gawayne raising his hand was enough to remind her of the archers.

“Mormont”, he said tonelessly. “I've met your father once a couple of years ago, during the raid of the Kraken. He gave me this” His hand moved to the ugly scar on his cheek. “He would have killed me if not for young Lady Greyjoy”, he hissed. “What a chance meeting this is, how fortunate”

Through all this, Edrick split his attention between the captain and the hunter who just betrayed him. “What the fuck are you doing?”, he growled and Leo glared at him. “The right thing”, he replied furiously. “I tried to warn you about your companion, but you wouldn't listen!” His glare met Dante's and the young knight was only barely preventing himself from jumping at Leo.

“I found his letter! Remember the one you weren't interested in?”, he explained. “Perhaps you should have red it instead of kissing his ass! Then you would know that his uncle intends to drag Lady Alys back into this marriage she never wanted! All this trouble and he is still trying to ruin her life!”

Edrick clenched his fists, furious at the boy, though he managed to give Dante a quick, curious look, noticing that the knight looked equally dumbfounded. “You idiot...”, he mumbled. “Have you ever considered that me and my uncle might not have the same view on this topic?” He reached for his sword, only to be interrupted by Gawayne drawing his own.

“That is quite enough”, the Ironborn said, his voice calm, but slightly strained already. “This young man arrived at our post a few hours ago. He offered us an interesting deal and told us a fascinating story” He looked around the group, while his men approached from behind. “Mormont, Karstark, Frostborn... big names. The sort that shouldn't be walking around these lands without announcing themselves”

“We don't mean any threat to House Codd or the Riverlands as a whole”, Edrick barked, his voice still shivering with anger at Leo's betrayal. Gawayne shook his head. “Then why are you sneaking around the countryside like thieves?”, he replied. “Besides, that's hardly the point. Such important names will surely gain the interest of House Codd. We want to know why you are here, the full story. And then, I am sure your families will pay a nice ransom”

Reymond's lips formed a cold smirk. “You'd be surprised”, she growled and Gawayne's furious glare hit her. “I haven't spoken to you, Mormont!”, he barked. “Now, stay calm and don't resist, or I will be forced to harm you. Hand over your swords, then we will tie your hands and take you to the castle”

“We have nothing to hide”, Dante argued. “Whatever wicked game he's playing, he's lying to you!” Gawayne raised an eyebrow. “So, you deny being a Karstark?”, he asked and Dante did not answer. “As expected. From now on, your fate is not in my hands. Lady Viveka will decide on what to do with you”

On his sign, the men approached and to Edrick's slight relief, at least half of the archers lowered their weapons. Those that were still aiming at him were more than enough to ruin any thought at resisting. That said, he felt oddly calm at this particular thought. If Gawayne, or the Codd's wanted him dead, he'd be dead already. There was a chance for this. No, the anger that filled him right now came from a far different source. “How could you do this?”, he growled bitterly.

“I met them during my scouting trip”, Leo explained, standing slightly behind him, surrounded by men who were actively trying to murder him with their glares. “It wasn't a plan, more a chance which I took. Lady Codd can deal with Dante and the others. In exchange, Schaffrot has promised me help to find Alys” He looked up and right at Edrick. “Her safety the only thing that matters”, he whispered. “Now I get rid of the one that seeks to ruin her life and I get help to find her” For a moment, genuine guilt appeared on his face. “I am sorry you have been caught in this”

Edrick narrowed his eyes, his first instinct being to punch the hunter right in the face, to hopefully break as much of it as possible. Maybe that'd teach him. The only thing that held him back right there was the threat the archers were still posing. It was only barely enough to hold him back, though he had to ask himself if they'd truly intervene if he'd knock Leo out right there.

[Punch him] [Do nothing]

• edited June 2017

"Though All Me Do Despise Us" Interesting words I guess, can't wait to meet this Lady Codd.

[Do nothing] is better right now in my opinion, sure, he deserves it but they're now prisoners and fighting amongst each other will complicate either their release or their escape, maybe something else will teach him the consequences of his actions.

Edrick “Don't go easy on her!”, Edrick shouted. “Just get it over with so that we can continue our journey” Dante glanced at him, raising

• edited June 2017

"Though All Me Do Despise Us" Interesting words I guess, can't wait to meet this Lady Codd.

Ah, these words are actually going to be quite important in the story itself, more than other house words, that's something I can hint at. Similarly, the Codd's are going to be very important for Edrick's storyline in Book 2. I'm glad you're looking forward to meet them, because I look forward to write them. With only a couple of parts left for Book 1, we'll get there very soon =)

is better right now in my opinion, sure, he deserves it but they're now prisoners and fighting amongst each other will complicate either their release or their escape, maybe something else will teach him the consequences of his actions.

One thing that probably hasn't been made all that clear is that Leo is actually not a prisoner. He sold them out and is now accompanying the Ironborn because Gawayne promised him a reward in return. That means, he'll remain in Edrick's storyline for the time being, but he won't be locked up together with him and the others.

Edinosaur23 posted: »

"Though All Me Do Despise Us" Interesting words I guess, can't wait to meet this Lady Codd. [Do nothing] is better right now in my opini

• edited June 2017

[Punch him] Edrick won't let Leo betrayal go unpunished!

RT:

• Alphyn win the duel!Hurray!
    • While Lady Reymond has not the most surprising backstory of the story I'm interested to read of the other members of her house
    • And the new character of the day is Gawayne!He seems to be a really nice guy!
    • I'm really curious to read of House Codd and the members of it
    • Am I wrong or Gawayne mentioned the Sons of Trident when he was speaking of the bandits?
    • Poor Jorid,he is always at the wrong place at the wrong time
    • I have to congratulate with you Liquid because Leo betrayal really caught me off guard!While for good reason many now will hate him I like now you give him more relevance
    • Leo must really like Alys if he decide in his naivete to trust really shady people and make innocents suffer for his decisions
    • Now I'm really curious to know how Edrick PoV will develop in the next book!

Edrick “Don't go easy on her!”, Edrick shouted. “Just get it over with so that we can continue our journey” Dante glanced at him, raising

• Aldrick win the duel!Hurray!

Alphyn you mean :D And yes, he won indeed. In the end, it was even relatively easy once he really stopped holding back. Reymond is not a bad fighter, but Alphyn is the heir to a hous that has a strong martial tradition, so obviously he'd receive flawless training. It's also a bit the physical difference in terms of strength that gave him an advantage. Reymond never held back, but Alphyn originally did a little bit. Once he stopped doing so, he took her down relatively easy.

While Lady Reymond has not the most surprising backstory of the story I'm interested to read of the other members of her house

It is a relatively tragic backstory actually. Just wait until you meet her father, that should give you a bit of an idea why she's in the Riverlands and not home at Bear Island. And we'r going to meet the other Mormont's as well. There's four of them, Reymond's father Worland, her mother Arleigh and her younger brothers Jorn and Dervan. Actually, one of them is going to be introduced in the early next chapter, so keep an eye out for him ;)

And the new character of the day is Gawayne!He seems to be a really nice guy!

A charmer, indeed =) Gawayne is first and foremost a soldier, but the fact that he is an Ironborn soldier means that he's far from affable. He is among the characters that will receive far more development in the early chapters of Book 2.

I'm really curious to read of House Codd and the members of it

Oh yes, they will be a big part of Edrick's Book 2 storyline :) There's two of them in the waiting list right now, one of them the already mentioned Viveka Codd and I sure as hell cannot wait to introduce both. There are some interesting themes to be explored by them, especially as they are the only Ironborn save for the Hoare's we have seen so far that have actually settled in the Riverlands on land they have conquered.

Am I wrong or Gawayne mentioned the Sons of Trident when he was speaking of the bandits?

Somewhat. I can confirm that the Sons of the Trident are active in the entire Riverlands and a weaker house, such as House Codd, is probably going to get some problems from them, which larger houses, such as Hoare, don't have. The Sons of the Trident are indeed known in the region, though there's also a general problem with lawbreakers, not just necessary the more well-intentioned rebels.

Poor Jorid,he is always at the wrong place at the wrong time

This is going to stand on his gravestone. Seriously though, Jorid can only be pitied. He has come to this point due to a really bad string of mishappenings and is probably the one guy the Codd's will be the least interested in, on account of him really being only a northern soldier. The others hold some value as hostages, but he, he's really in for some trouble.

I have to congratulate with you Liquid because Leo betrayal really caught me off guard!While for good reason many now will hate him I like now you give him more relevance

Yeah, I was sure this would catch you totally off guard =) Leo has often expressed disappointment with Edrick and his leadership, but now you know that his resentment has gone a bit deeper than that. It could have been prevented with the correct choices, but was always the more likely option. He is also going to become a more important character now, that much is for sure.

Leo must really like Alys if he decide in his naivete to trust really shady people and make innocents suffer for his decisions

Oh yes, he likes her a serious lot. There's this protectiveness, the extreme concern for her well-being and a really aggressive behaviour towards the guy that is supposed to marry her, even if said guy is actually rather decent. He is desperate to find her and in his despair, he has decided to trust the Ironborn, which is probably not the brightest idea he ever had. As for Alys' feelings about him, nothing has been revealed yet. That said, the complete lack of mention he receives in her parts is probably telling you a lot about their relationship already.

Now I'm really curious to know how Edrick PoV will develop in the next book!

Well, there is one thing I can reveal already: Edrick's storyline will be the only storyline in Book 2 that won't have a timeskip. The others will be set a short few months after the Book 1 finale, but he already had this timeskip while he and his companions travelled from the Frostborn lands to the Green Fork in the Riverlands. As such, his next part will start shortly after this one, when he is brought to meet the Codd's. Anything beyond that is probably going to be a spoiler, so to keep it vague, Edrick is going to have some moments coming up that are likely going to be among my favourite Book 2 moments :)

[Punch him] Edrick won't let Leo betrayal go unpunished! RT: * Alphyn win the duel!Hurray! * While Lady Reymond has not the most su

• [Do nothing] Trust me, I am angry at Leo for being such an idiot. However, I feel like punching him can only have negative consequences. At best it will just make Leo angry towards Edrick, at worst it's going to make the Codd's treat Edrick worse than they would otherwise. So, let's just stay calm here and hope Lady Viveka is a reasonable person.

• [Do nothing] I did not see that coming. That naive, stupid kid ratting out on the gang just in his naive hopes of finding Alys who he has no clue as to find. The fight with Brie- I mean Reymond was a jolly good time. I think I might like her father funny enough. Stern, somewhat cold Northerners are always my cup of tea. As for Gawayne, I am kinda intrigued by him. Is he a Ironborn by blood, or is he just a loyal soldier who's land has been taken by House Codd and he now serves them? If it is the latter then I already like him, if not I still see the chance of him growing on me. Edrick doesn't seem like the guy to let his emotions dictate his actions. He obviously thinks with his head, as shown by not being rash by reading Dante's letter. So let's not put any bulls-eyes on Edrick by punching the double agent.

• edited June 2017

[Punch him] I just can't stand traitor scum like Leo, punch him I say.

And seems like we're about to meet the Ironborn version of House Lannister/Targaryen, only much poorer. xD

• [Punch him] Why not? It's not like Edrick is going to suffer serious consequences.

Reymond ~ good

Leo ~ not so good

Gawayne Schaffrot

What a freaking weird name. Sounds like someone coughed and sneezed in the middle of saying it.

House Codd and Lady Viveka hm. Seems like a discount House Selwyn, the finest house to exist. Heck they even have a woman with a 'v' name. Who cares that they were probably submitted before hand. I will see this house burn. Hopefully Edrick can become a guerilla like Harambe. Hopefully Viveka can be...persuaded to change the current course.

• [Punch him]

• "I demand a trial by combat" HA! THAT IS SO DAMN EPIC!!! I seriously loved this part, Liquid. Definitely one of my favorites so well done!
    It was so damn scary before Argella arrived. I legitimately thought Lucas would lose his last good eye.

He did clearly just screw Lucas and threw away any positive memories he had with him but honestly I still really like Petyr. He's a really interesting character.

“Let me explain the situation”, she said and her voice was shivering with rage. “I do not ask, I demand. You follow or I will hurt you” Her

• [Punch him] Nah... screw you, Leo! Fucking traitor. Hopefully punching him helps him realize that what he's done just isn't okay. This son of a bitch.

Really enjoyed this part though. One criticism I'd like to make is that Darreth was oddly silent this part. So much so that I almost forgot he was there.

• "I demand a trial by combat" HA! THAT IS SO DAMN EPIC!!! I seriously loved this part, Liquid. Definitely one of my favorites so well done!
    It was so damn scary before Argella arrived. I legitimately thought Lucas would lose his last good eye.

Thank you, this makes me very happy :) I had a lot of fun writing this part and it really seems I succeeded at making it exciting to read. And it was very much intended that you are scared for Lucas in the beginning. Without Argella's intervention, he surely would have lost his eye and more, as that was every bit what the Sphynx was aiming for.

He did clearly just screw Lucas and threw away any positive memories he had with him but honestly I still really like Petyr. He's a really interesting character.

That is so great to hear! I mean, a ruthless jerk he might be and surely a villain, but it's nice to know that you consider him to be interesting regardless of that. He is not a one-dimensional bad guy, but someone with quite a number of features that paint him in a more grey light and I will surely explore him further in Book 2!

AgentZ46 posted: »

"I demand a trial by combat" HA! THAT IS SO DAMN EPIC!!! I seriously loved this part, Liquid. Definitely one of my favorites so well done!

• Nah... screw you, Leo! Fucking traitor. Hopefully punching him helps him realize that what he's done just isn't okay. This son of a bitch.

Technically, deep down at least, Leo even slightly knows that he did something that is not okay at all. It's just that due to the contents of Dante's letter he has read earlier (and which we now know contains orders from Dante's uncle), he has a very negative opinion on Dante and Darreth. He also doesn't care for Alphyn, though he feels at least slightly bad for screwing over Edrick, Jorid and Reymond with them, even if he feels that the end justifies the means here.

Really enjoyed this part though. One criticism I'd like to make is that Darreth was oddly silent this part. So much so that I almost forgot he was there.

Aye, I agree. I kind of struggled with giving Darreth more to do in this part, though felt like I also had to focus on many other things, like revealing Reymond's backstory, showing a bit of Jorid and setting up the new situation with Leo's betrayal and Gawayne's introduction. Between that, I gave most of the speaking stuff to Dante as the most diplomatic of the group and Edrick who is basically their leader, though agree that Darreth was oddly silent here. Ah, be assured that this won't be the last scene involving him, by far not :D Next time he's going to be a bit more talkative again.

[Punch him] Nah... screw you, Leo! Fucking traitor. Hopefully punching him helps him realize that what he's done just isn't okay. This son o

• What a freaking weird name. Sounds like someone coughed and sneezed in the middle of saying it.

Oh god, that just killed me :D It is a bit of an unusual name, that I agree with. Many names are somewhat unusual at times here in FoT, but come to think of it, Gawayne Schaffrot has a particularly unusual sound to it. Ah, he is a character I actually included relatively shortly, after originally planning to give this role to another character, though I think he will fit perfectly into what I have planned.

House Codd and Lady Viveka hm. Seems like a discount House Selwyn, the finest house to exist. Heck they even have a woman with a 'v' name. Who cares that they were probably submitted before hand. I will see this house burn. Hopefully Edrick can become a guerilla like Harambe. Hopefully Viveka can be...persuaded to change the current course.

Actually, there arr relatively few similarities between the Selwyn's and the Codd's, even if they are not completely different, I guess. They have been submitted a bit after the Donnel though, but their two submitted members hold no similarities whatsoever. Viveka is going to be a pretty interesting character, regardless of what she's going to do in the story, I hope you're going to at least enjoy reading about her. As for Harambe, he was not a guerilla, he was a meme. A small, but important difference ;) Edrick has a mission though, so it is unlikely he will become guerilla, gorilla or meme anytime soon.

[Punch him] Why not? It's not like Edrick is going to suffer serious consequences. Reymond ~ good Leo ~ not so good Gawayne Scha

• And seems like we're about to meet the Ironborn version of House Lannister/Targaryen, only much poorer. xD

Well... that is something I neither want to confirm nor deny at this point =) The Codd's have a bad reputation among their fellow Ironborn, which is reflected in their house words and it is surely not unthinkable that some of them even deserve their reputation. Among the things that are rumoured about Codd women is that they indulge in incest, though it is certainly more than just a bit of a slander to assume that this is true for every Codd woman that ever lived. Pretty sure some of them are decent people. Then again, they are Ironborn, so whatever passes as decent in their culture.

[Punch him] I just can't stand traitor scum like Leo, punch him I say. And seems like we're about to meet the Ironborn version of House Lannister/Targaryen, only much poorer. xD

• The fight with Brie- I mean Reymond was a jolly good time. I think I might like her father funny enough. Stern, somewhat cold Northerners are always my cup of tea

Ah, good Lord Worland Mormont... it might take me a bit to get to the point where I can introduce him, but he's just like several characters in the story someone who will be mentioned quite often. Actually, he even was mentioned before as I just checked, all the way back in July 2015, when I established that Kyra once led a raid against Bear Island and duelled him personally back when she was only fifteen years old, something that Gawayne mentioned here as well. He's quite a difficult character and his children should give you a good idea on what kind of a person he is in the coming chapters.

As for Gawayne, I am kinda intrigued by him. Is he a Ironborn by blood, or is he just a loyal soldier who's land has been taken by House Codd and he now serves them? If it is the latter then I already like him, if not I still see the chance of him growing on me.

He is the former, an Ironborn who comes from a family with a long history of service to the Codd's. So, he was basically born in their service and has risen through the ranks quite heavily in more recent times. All in all, he has some interesting aspects to his character and in his relationship to the Codd's, so I hope to do him justice in the next chapter.

Bounden posted: »

[Do nothing] I did not see that coming. That naive, stupid kid ratting out on the gang just in his naive hopes of finding Alys who he has no

• [Punch him]

Leo's such a nuisance, haha. Almost reminds me of Irving. But oh man, you have no idea how psyched I am to see House Codd mentioned, can't wait to see what you have in store for them.

• [Do nothing]

• Alphyn you mean

O-of course it's all the autocorrect fault!

PS:I know that this is not a question related with this part but I forget to ask you:will Samantha have a last part for this book?

Aldrick win the duel!Hurray! Alphyn you mean And yes, he won indeed. In the end, it was even relatively easy once he really stopped

• Would I be correct in assuming this wouldn't have happened if Edrick didn't bring Leo along back when they first met? Or how about if Edrick read Dante's letter?

• I would also like to throw what would've happened if Darko came along.

Would I be correct in assuming this wouldn't have happened if Edrick didn't bring Leo along back when they first met? Or how about if Edrick read Dante's letter?

• Ah, damn it :D Of course, she has another part planned as well, likely together with John's next part. I haven't forgotten about her, it's just that I made this little list I gave earlier in a bit of a hurry, so I have forgotten to mention her and Sadie. Come to think of it, we might not be all that close to the end of Book 1 as I thought, but it is still rapidly approaching.

Alphyn you mean O-of course it's all the autocorrect fault! PS:I know that this is not a question related with this part but I forget to ask you:will Samantha have a last part for this book?

• Leo's such a nuisance, haha. Almost reminds me of Irving.

I'd say it's even worse. Irving fucks up more often maybe, but at least he genuinely makes mistakes and struggles to prevent them. Leo meanwhile just screwed his companions over on purpose and quite as massively as Irving at his worst. In a certain way, that might truly be worse than anything Irving would ever do, because that guy, while certainly far from competent, is at least loyal to Maya and co.

But oh man, you have no idea how psyched I am to see House Codd mentioned, can't wait to see what you have in store for them.

Ah, yes, same here! I am similarly excited to show the Codd's. They have been a blessing, as they will really spice Edrick's storyline in the next chapter up quite a bit. I guess now you also know why I wanted to move the location of their lands to the Green Fork area. I hope I'll do them justice starting with the next chapter =)

DiverseGnu posted: »

[Punch him] Leo's such a nuisance, haha. Almost reminds me of Irving. But oh man, you have no idea how psyched I am to see House Codd mentioned, can't wait to see what you have in store for them.

• You are absolutely correct there! At least for the most part. If Edrick wouldn't have brought Leo along, he would have still encountered the Codd's, but not as a prisoner. Instead, they would have eventually went there as guests, though by using false names, in the hopes of gaining information about Alys. Leo meanwhile would have followed Edrick and his companions and would have eventually been spotted by Darreth during one of his scouting trips. This would have given Edrick another choice to take him with them or to send him back, alternatively by knocking some sense into him. In that case, Leo's rivalry with Dante wouldn't have happened, as he wouldn't have found the letter. He would have still been a bit iffy about him, on account of being Alys' intended betrothed.

Now, if Edrick would have read Dante's letter, things would have also been different. In that case, Leo would have been somewhat satisfied, although Dante would have been seriously angry. The contents of this lettter have been hinted at only in this part, they contain orders from Dante's uncle, the Lord Karstark, to bring back Alys so that the marriage can happen as planned. Dante himself is conflicted about these orders and would have tried to prove his good intentions, but would have also been angry that Edrick decided to invade his privacy in such a way. In this case, he would have tried something rash to prove himself, leading to potential conflict with the Ironborn. Depending on Edrick's choice in that situation, they could have been brought to the Codd's as prisoners, or alternatively as guests, which of course would have led to further consequences in how the coming chapters will play out.

Would I be correct in assuming this wouldn't have happened if Edrick didn't bring Leo along back when they first met? Or how about if Edrick read Dante's letter?

• Darko's presence wouldn't have changed this situation in particular, but he would have made his presence known. First of all, he would have taken Darreth's duties as one of their scouts. Being a pretty good hunter and tracker, he would have been even better than Leo at that. He would have also found out about Leo's deception on account of not really trusting him and following him in secret, whereas Darreth genuinely considered him trustworthy and left him alone. However, he would have been discovered and captured by the Ironborn, who would have been quite delighted at having another noble hostage. Of course, this would have left him unable to warn Edrick and the others and he would have been used to force them into giving up. However, that much I can reveal, Darko's presence in Edrick's storyline would have caused major changes in a later chapter in this book.

Bounden posted: »

I would also like to throw what would've happened if Darko came along.

• Oh, I can understand you. It's a torture when you have so many ideas and concepts inside your head, but not enough time and skill. I do wish you luck in everything you try to achieve :)

I truly admire your talented writing. For a second I thought Lucas was actually going to die and I got really devastated. Have you ever thou

• [Punch him] I haven't been very active on the forums for quite a while. Apologies but I had an emergency surgery for a while and I still don't feel at my 100% so I will try my best to catch up. Keep up the solid work

• [Do nothing]

• Oh, I am very sorry to hear this. I hope you are recovering nicely and as fast as possible! Hopefully you'll be fully fit again soon.

[Punch him] I haven't been very active on the forums for quite a while. Apologies but I had an emergency surgery for a while and I still don't feel at my 100% so I will try my best to catch up. Keep up the solid work

• The Voting is closed!

Edrick is going to punch Leo

So... that was something I really was curious about, considering that in the past, you mostly chose to refrain from using such violence. In this case however, I'd say Leo deserves a good punch and though we won't get to see the punch itself, only the aftermath (as Edrick's next part will start with him being brought before the Codd's), I can already promise that it was quite a heavy one. To put it in Telltale terms, for the better or worse, Leo will remember that. Obviously, he will continue to play a role in Edrick's storyline. Generally, I cannot wait to show you some of the stuff I have planned there. I'd say Edrick's storyline might be one of my highlights for Book 2 and I hope to start it very soon.

I'm aiming to release the next part today. The thing is, I won't have all too much time today, so I cannot promise it for sure. Tomorrow, I'll have even less time, as it's my birthday and I'll spend a lot of time at the hospital with my mother. Therefore, if I don't manage to finish this next part today, I might be forced to keep you waiting until Sunday. I'd like to avoid that, as I really wish to release the next parts faster than usual, so that I'll be able to finish this chapter in June. So, this next part will show us the final parts for Willfred and Drent. With Willfred, it's been a while. Last time we saw him, he was recovering from the injuries he got from his fight with Edward and Carvin. However, he was especially fascinated with a small wooden box he had taken from Edward, the mysterious artifact our dear pirate was looking for. This artifact, though still of unknown nature, was something Willfred wanted to protect from now on, to keep it hidden from the likes of Anturion. His thoughts were interrupted by a new problem. Roger and Tallian, as always, were disagreeing, getting into a pretty severe argument with each other. Thing is, Roger is disgusted and angered by the cowardice Tallian showed during the battle, where he retreated from his position, whereas Tallian argued that he retreated to safe himself and that he would have surely died if he would have remained. He himself considers himself to have acted loyally and as brave as can be asked of him, so he considers himself worthy of a public commendment for his actions. Roger meanwhile believes that such a course of action would only anger the smallfolk, who have lost so much. To appease them and the new rulers of the city, he proposed to publically blame Tallian for his supposed cowardice and to condemn his actions, therefore shaming him. Willfred however decided that this would be unnecessary, so he instead agreed to Tallian's proposal to praise him for his feats in the raid. Meanwhile, Drent and Garen learned something important about their target, Ian Shortwood. Good old Ian is actually not so innocent. His real name is Derek Ward, he used to be a Stormlander knight, known to be quite a bit of a hot-head. During a small skirmish in the Dornish Marches, he got into a dispute with his mentor, the former master-at-arms of Storm's End, who gave an order Derek saw as suicidal and stupid. He refused to follow this order, which sparked a deadly fight betweent the two men. For his crime, he was punished exceptionally merciful, as he was allowed to join the Night's Watch. Through means unknown, he escaped the Watch and travelled to Raylansfair, where he adopted the name Ian Shortwood. At least according to him, he wishes to start a new life here, far away from the crimes of his old one and he also claims to be a changed person now. Drent however did not really believe him and so chose to fight in order to bring him to Argella, so that she may judge upon him.

Also, I would like to make an announcement I am really excited about :3 It is a little project I have been thinking about for quite some time now, which I have finally decided to include in the story. Consider it an interlude of sorts, a small collection of parts set between Book 1 and Book 2 and written after the Book 1 epilogue. It will have the title "Seven Letters" and it will consist of seven parts, each written from the perspective of a king/ruling princess/queen regent of one of the seven Kingdoms of Westeros. These rulers won't be full PoV's, as they won't get any parts after this one, so they won't be considered PoV's in the character list either. However, they will be important parts, introducing you to these rulers, who will play major roles in the things to come. They will also introduce a great number of characters from their respective courts, who will reappear in Book 2, some of them submitted by active readers. Just, with some of these new characters it might take me a while until I can show them again in the proper Book 2. These parts will have titles, which I have mostly finalized already. Now, without further ado, here they are, in the order I plan to write them:

• Spring Forth
    • The Fledgling and his Mother
    • Black of Heart
    • Fur and Frost
    • A Hard Place
    • No King Above
    • The Scion's Fury

Though these are still subject to possible minor changes, such as exact names and their order, it shouldn't really be that hard to find out which king/ruling princess/queen regent is going to appear at which point during this interlude, save for one or two maybe. Feel free to speculate if you're so inclined. In general though, I hope you are as excited as I am to get a glimpse at these different rulers and their court. I know I am and it makes me even more excited to finally reach the end of this chapter :)

• This interlude sounds really interesting!

The Voting is closed! Edrick is going to punch Leo So... that was something I really was curious about, considering that in the past,

• edited June 2017

Also, I would like to make an announcement I am really excited about :3 It is a little project I have been thinking about for quite some time now, which I have finally decided to include in the story. Consider it an interlude of sorts, a small collection of parts set between Book 1 and Book 2 and written after the Book 1 epilogue. It will have the title "Seven Letters" and it will consist of seven parts, each written from the perspective of a king/ruling princess/queen regent of one of the seven Kingdoms of Westeros.

Well this is an unexpected but very interesting announcement! Safe to say I'm very excited to get a glimpse to the minds of all the rulers of Westeros =)

Though these are still subject to possible minor changes, such as exact names and their order, it shouldn't really be that hard to find out which king/ruling princess/queen regent is going to appear at which point during this interlude, save for one or two maybe. Feel free to speculate if you're so inclined. In general though, I hope you are as excited as I am to get a glimpse at these different rulers and their court. I know I am and it makes me even more excited to finally reach the end of this chapter :)

Yeah, some of these at least are quite obvious, but let me go through them nonetheless :p

• Spring Forth - I'm guessing this is King Mern IX Gardener... I'd associate Spring with him the most. Then again I guess this could be the Storm King as well.
    • The Fledgling and his Mother - This has to be King Ronnel Arryn and his mother, the Queen regent of the Vale. Now this should be quite interesting, since we've gotten very little of the Vale so far in the story.
    • Black of Heart - And this one is obviously Harren the Black. We have seen plenty of him, but getting inside his head... it'll be interesting, that's for sure.
    • Fur and Frost - Well I'd be very surprised if this wasn't King Torrhen Stark. Fur = wolves, frost = the North, pretty obvious one =)
    • A Hard Place - Now this one would probably be the hardest... but because of the other options I think this one must be King Loren Lannister. And I guess Casterly Rock can be associated with hard place :D Then again, I imagine the title is metaphorical rather than literal.
    • No King Above - Pretty sure this one is Princess Meria Martell, since she obviously would pride herself of not having a king to rule over her.
    • The Scion's Fury - At first I looked at the word fury and was sure this has to be Argilac Durrandon. But then I google translated scion, and apparently it's some kind of plant? So now I'm wondering if this one is Gardener and the first one is Durrandon? Hmmm...

The Voting is closed! Edrick is going to punch Leo So... that was something I really was curious about, considering that in the past,

• edited June 2017

Wilfred and Drent last parts for Book 1

While I have in minds some possible outcomes for the next Drent part I really don't know what to expect from the Wilfred one

Tomorrow, I'll have even less time, as it's my birthday

It seems that even if you won't manage to end this part for tomorrow I will still make a post!

Book 1 epilogue

I'm really,really curious to discover what will happen in the last part of the first book

It will have the title "Seven Letters" and it will consist of seven parts, each written from the perspective of a king/ruling princess/queen regent of one of the seven Kingdoms of Westeros.

Let me tell you Liquid,this parts will be AWESOME to read! I already know that I will enjoy to read this special parts not only because they will introduce many important historical characters of ASOIAF (and I'm obviously curious to discover which ones of the many characters submitted by us will have the honour to be part of their ruler PoV) but even because read of that by the rulers of the Seven Kingdoms (each one of them with very different personalities) will be really entertaining!

• Spring Forth - I'm guessing this is King Mern IX Gardener... I'd associate Spring with him the most. Then again I guess this could be the Storm King as well.

Actually, I can go more direct here, Spring Forth are the Gardener words. I've been inspired by something I read a while ago and found them to be very fitting, so I took them for the Gardener's. Indeed, Mern will have the first interlude PoV and in fact, part of his interlude will deal with things I originally wanted to show in the story itself.

And this one is obviously Harren the Black. We have seen plenty of him, but getting inside his head... it'll be interesting, that's for sure.

This is the one I'm looking forward for the most and the one that convinced me to write this interlude. It's a very recent plan in general, but once I got the inspiration for a Harren one-shot PoV, I knew I had to show it. When it comes to Harren, he is among the characters I really wish to develop in Book 2 and I am looking forward to see how everyone feels about him after the interlude.

At first I looked at the word fury and was sure this has to be Argilac Durrandon. But then I google translated scion, and apparently it's some kind of plant? So now I'm wondering if this one is Gardener and the first one is Durrandon? Hmmm...

Hehe, I never wanted to make that much of a secret out of it, so I can confirm that it's Argilac and that you have been spot on with all of your guesses! A scion, at least as far as I know, is a descendant, not only in botanic terms. I mostly know it as a term to describe someone of divine blood, which would fit with House Durrandon's supposed origins. So, he is the scion of gods in this case, a slightly better sounding term than spawn or descendant :D

All in all, I can say that each of these titles are planned to make sense once the part is written at last. You did some good and fully correct speculation there! Surely, for as much as I was unsure about this at first, I am now utterly hyped to show you these characters, the rulers and their court. It'll be a lot of fun, that I am sure of :)

Also, I would like to make an announcement I am really excited about It is a little project I have been thinking about for quite some time

Sign in to comment in this discussion.