In a Zombie Apocalypse, What will be your strategy?

1) Will you become part of a small group? or a big community?
2) City? or country? (and what type of place - jungle, condominuim, ranch, etc)
3) Always on the move? or settle in a permanent base?
4) scavenge? or farm?
5) lead? or follow?
6) what weapon/tool would you want to always have with you?

enter image description hereenter image description here

Tagged:

Comments

• 1) Will you become part of a small group? or a big community?

I would network with my boxing club and keep in touch though a network through via coded billboard to network with their families and mind.Ill be a scattered group , something that Walking Dead should explore.

San Jose,CA Two months after outbreak when all the walkers move out of the city.
    Apartment complexes with underground parking garages. that way you can destroy the elevators and first floor stairs and the exit easily at midlevel using ladders and the high stairs. both things that walkers can't maneuver and high points that can be used as lookout points.

Permanent. The city of San Jose has orchards, many resources, more to go around without conflict.

4) scavenge? or farm?

Both

5) lead? or follow?

There will be a council. I would be more a mediator councilman that job to insure that the families that I know in my network are safe. I essentially give forecast on the current situation of the outbreak.( is Lake Cunningham clean? Are the Wolfs moving into the City, is the family across the city still alive? Should we brace for a threat? Walker activity?)

Everyone with have a mutitools,saws, bows, leather jackets, and one handgun.To conserve on gas, most of our scavenger missions will be on bicycle.

• 1) Will you become part of a small group? or a big community?

Probably be a loner unless a group picks me up.

The Mountains. Come to think of it, with how uncoordinated zombies are, how the fuck do they get up mountains? Shit isn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

I'd stay, more or less, in the same area untill I deem it impossible to do so any longer.

4) scavenge? or farm?

Scavenge, mostly. Mountains aren't phenomenal for farming. I guess I could try and get a little garden set up in a flats, or maybe back down in the town. Pray nothing stomps my crops and animals dpn't get into them. Damn rats.

5) lead? or follow?

If I got with a group, I'd just be a follower.

The good ol' shotgun, and my matic. Maybe my shovel? I love them equally.

• Duck and cover is the best strategy.
    enter image description here

• I'd probably die way before I have any chance of coming up and implementing a strategy.

• I'd rather describe my plans in my own way, without answering the questions, if it's okay with you :)

So, I live in Russia which is known for its variety of climate zones, most of them are quite freezing. As we learned from TWD Season 2, walkers are less effective during winters because they slow down. I believe that the best idea would be to take a car and head to Yakutia, the north-east part of Russia. And here are several reasons why:

• As pointed out above, cold climate could hold back walkers and provide basic safety.
    • The population density in Yakutia is the lowest in whole Russia, so the virus will be spreading much slower.
    • Also not much people live there which means less problems with other survivors.
    • Most of the locals know how to hunt and fish and it could help us a lot.
    • Finally, I'm a winter person and I'm pretty firm to frost.

As for the other points... Surviving alone is as dangerous as big communities. I think that an average group of 5-15 people would do well. Since local Yakutians who live in the countryside usually have a nomadic life grazing northern deers, I'd probably stick to this too. It's something between settling down and changing places all the time, scavenging and farming. Since I'm just a 15 year old girl, I'd obviously be a regular follower. Speaking about weapons or tools - well, whatever would be useful on the Far North.

• my god, you're only 15 and you already have a badass TEOTWAWKI strategy.

I'd rather describe my plans in my own way, without answering the questions, if it's okay with you So, I live in Russia which is known f

• Find a group and make our way to a military base.

• i remember the intro of The Last of Us. it mac me cry ever tim.

Clemenem posted: »

Find a group and make our way to a military base.

• Shoot first think never

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

1- I'd rather be a part of big community. Safety is first.

2- I'd rather live in hot climates because in hot places, walkers are rotting more fast. That way they would be a less threat and they will be finished in a short time.

3- I'd rather live in one place. That way, life is more easy and more safer.

4- Farm could be a permanent solution. Scavenging is a short-time solution so you cant keep scavenge forever.

5- I'd rather lead but I can follow a person who has the qualities for being a leader.

6- I can use a Negev thats for sure :D I can use a machete for a melee weapon and I'd rather have an assault rifle(AK-M4 etc...)

• I'd create a small, secluded farming community with the nicest people I know.

• 1) I will become a part of the small group in the beginning of the apocalypse, so I wouldn't have to share meat with a big number of guys, but when there will remain more skilled ones than noobs, I will join the bigger horde to outnumber them.

2) In the beginning I will hunt with my not-so-fresh buddies in the city, because there will be panic and chaos, that will make our hunt for frightened folks easier. But when all fresh guys and gals leave the cities, I will travel with my horde through the wilds to seek them out. I would like to be in a medium climate, because in cold climate I would have to get trough the piles of snow and in the hot I will lose my charm and good smell faster than in medium.

3) Fresh meat doesn't grow on the tries and it likes to stay away from me, so I will always be on the move.

4) My smelly buddies and I aren't to bright for animal husbandry, so our only choice is scavenging, but I would love to trade with the fresh guys for tasty meat in exchange for our protection.

5) I don't want to lead, because dudes in the front die first, but I also don't want to hang in the back and lose all the food and action, so I'll be chilling in the middle.

6) My whole live I took good care of my precious teeth, so obviously them , and my arms, so I can see if my visits to gym are paying off.

Thanks to this thread I now know where to look for fresh meat during the apocalypse!
    P.S. Sorry for my grammar mistakes!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.