Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – Episode 2 Review - Alternative Magazine Online

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – Episode 2: Under Pressure

"Everything that worked in Episode 1 – the great voice acting, the catchy tunes, the strong sense of humour – returns for Episode 2, along with a surprising amount of drama and emotion that elevates the overall experience. Under Pressure doesn’t reinvent the Telltale wheel (the animations are still a bit clunky and interaction is limited), but it certainly puts its own unique spin on things. The backstory of Rocket hasn’t really been covered by the films either, so it’s great to see Telltale going off in an interesting new direction with this alternative universe. Fingers crossed Groot gets similar treatment in a future episode! If Episode 3 can get the intriguing main narrative back on track, Telltale could be on to a winner."

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – Episode 2: Under Pressure Review - Alternative Magazine Online

Agree/disagree? I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

Tagged:

Comments

• edited June 2017

Pretty spot on. Rocket really shined this episode and it was hard (and pretty emotional) seeing him at his absolute lowest. The scene near the end of the episode where he breaks down to Peter is exceptionally well done and Nolan North absolutely kills it. I didn't think they could outdo the movie's Rocket breakdown, but they totally did. If each episode gives the star character this kind of development this gonna be a heck of a season.

• edited June 2017

Yup. You summed up my thoughts really well.

It delves into Rocket's backstory way more than the movies' have, and it does it wonderfully. The big branching choice is an interesting dilemma, even though you do both, just in a different order. And the scene with the gravity shifts? Best. Scene. Yet.

While I thought the ending was underwhelming, as it seemed like it was about to reveal something big... but then didn't, and ended on a really soft note with a fade to white instead of a cut to black.. It should have either gone through with the reveal, or ended 10 seconds earlier when Pete and Gams walked through the temple doorways.
    But, I find the detail in variety of different choices/consequences and the interesting backstory they've given us of Peter + Rocket makes up for it. I think this series is going to be good.

• The scene near the end of the episode where he breaks down to Peter is exceptionally well done and Nolan North absolutely kills it.

I know! For the whole scene I was thinking "Wow, this is really great." and Nolan North's performance was amazing.

Pretty spot on. Rocket really shined this episode and it was hard (and pretty emotional) seeing him at his absolute lowest. The scene near t

• Agree. You'll get nothing but praise from me for this series.

• Thanks for reading/commenting everyone!

I'm glad my review has been well received - and I agree that Nolan North did an excellent job as Rocket in Episode 2. I just wanted to give him a hug when he started crying. :(

I would really love to play a Groot focused episode further down the road. I think exploring the individual backstories of the Guardians in ways the films haven't yet (so far) is a really effective way to make the Telltale series a memorable and entertaining experience.

• [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

I'm glad my review has been well received - and I agree that Nolan North did an excellent job as Rocket in Episode 2. I just wanted to give him a hug when he started crying. :(

I would really love to play a Groot focused episode further down the road. I think exploring the individual backstories of the Guardians is a really effective way of making the Telltale series a memorable and entertaining experience, separate from the films.

I would really love to play a Groot focused episode further down the road. I think exploring the individual backstories of the Guardians is a really effective way of making the Telltale series a memorable and entertaining experience, separate from the films.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.