Best April Fool's prank you ever pulled

edited April 2013 in General Chat
I know, an April Fool's thread that isn't a prank. The mind boggles.

Anyway, we're a pretty ridiculous bunch on here, so I wonder, what's the best April Fool's joke you ever pulled on someone?

Mine was in my freshman year of high school. My friends and I had been saving the food coloring packets from the Lunchables promotion at the time. They were colored powders that would change to another color when wet. Mostly, we had the orange packets that turned the pizza sauce green. So when my lit teacher stepped out of the room, I went up to his desk and put one of the packets into his coffee. He didn't notice for quite a while, though he did make a comment that it tasted like all the sugar settled to the bottom. When he eventually did notice that his coffee was green, he freaked out and got rid of it. Needless to say, he wasn't very energetic that day.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I don't know about me, but I remember the best prank ever pulled on television. When Adult Swim edited farts into all of their programming, even their late night shows and anime.
  • edited March 2010
    I missed that one. I did think it was awesome when they aired the Aqua Teen movie in its entirety...in a tiny corner of the screen with no sound during their regular programming. Of course, I can't stand Aqua Teen, so I found it hilarious.
  • edited March 2010
    I don't do pranks, but I am curious about all the prank threads popping up that are getting locked with no explanation.
  • edited March 2010
    I did a prank together with the german LucasArts-Adventure-Fanpage Tentakelvilla in the year 2006 (Link!).
    We said that we found the original (german) radioplays of Monkey Island and Zak McKracken. They were planned to be included in the boxes of these games (like Loom).
    I stamped the logos on a blank cassette and made photos. Pure evidence!
    And the page had a link to these radio-plays as well, you could listen to them right now!

Of course these were only the pretty short rubbish ones I did myself. This was actually the first time they were released in the internet. Almost a historic moment! One year later the Monkey Island one would become a flash-movie. Teehee.

monkey-hoerspiel.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Haha. Majus, that's exactly the sort of epic prank I would expect of you.
  • edited March 2010
    I'd love to pull an epic prank someday, but I never have the resources to carry out my ideas. :( I did start a joke religion, though, if that counts. It even picked up a few random followers that I've never met.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm too lame to have ever pulled an april fools joke.
  • edited March 2010
    A few years ago when I was at uni an April fools fell on a Sunday we told my mate it was Monday and he slept through all of Sunday cos he was out Saturday night. I almost felt bad watching him scurry round as he thought he was late for class.

I know, it's still pretty lame
  • edited April 2010
    I have actually pulled a prank that worked. I told a friend of mine who is a MAJOR spaceballs fan that Mel Brooks is making Spaceballs 3: the Quest for 2.

he fell for it, and I then told him the truth that Mel Brooks wont make it and the closest he will get is the sadly ill fated cartoon show
  • edited April 2010
    I told everyone that Yare and Nikasaur were engaged... and THEY POSTED PICTURES!!

I have to say that's the most epic win of an April Fools joke I ever made.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    In 2002 a few friends and I, with LucasArts' blessing, and the help of Dominic Armato, unearthed "evidence" that Monkey Island 5 was in production. A handful of us now work at Telltale, and close listeners can hear some of the dialog from our old April Fools hoax in the script to Tales (re-recorded of course, and often spoken by different characters). So that all worked out pretty well, I think.
  • edited April 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I told everyone that Yare and Nikasaur were engaged... and THEY POSTED PICTURES!!

I have to say that's the most epic win of an April Fools joke I ever made.

I think I saw something like that once...
    Jake wrote: »
    In 2002 a few friends and I, with LucasArts' blessing, and the help of Dominic Armato, unearthed "evidence" that Monkey Island 5 was in production. A handful of us now work at Telltale, and close listeners can hear some of the dialog from our old April Fools hoax in the script to Tales (re-recorded of course, and often spoken by different characters). So that all worked out pretty well, I think.

Oh, jeez, that was you? I heard about it way after the fact, but still... Damn, you're awesome.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wins the thread. Prankality. Go home, everybody. You cannot top that.
  • edited April 2010
    Majus comes extremely close, but...yeah. It would take something unimaginably massive to top Jake now.
    edited April 2010
    Majus comes extremely close, but...yeah. It would take something unimaginably massive to top Jake now.

Telltalers Andrew as well as David E, and James Spafford (now community manager over at Media Molecule) and a few other folks were also involved.
  • edited April 2010
    Telltalers Andrew as well as David E, and James Spafford (now community manager over at Media Molecule) and a few other folks were also involved.

Well, yeah, but I meant the prank would be hard to top. All of you are awesome. Especially LucasArts for allowing it and Dom for participating.
  • edited April 2010
    It would take something unimaginably massive to top Jake now.

You're torturing me, you know that?
  • edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    You're torturing me, you know that?

o_O

What'd I do?
  • edited April 2010
    Tempt me a lot?
    I keep wanting to make a comment about how I want to top Jake, now...

And it's all your fault! Not my dirty mind, no, it's 100% you. Bad, bad perverted guru.
  • edited April 2010
    Pfft, not like it's my fault you have a fetish for Telltale employees.
  • edited April 2010
    Nah, I just have a fetish for clever, funny and good-looking males. It's not my fault they all seem to work for telltale.
  • edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    It's not my fault they all seem to work for telltale.

We don't all work for Telltale! :p
  • edited April 2010
    Okay, a lot of them do. Well, at least three.

Anyways, I don't think I've ever pulled a good prank. I'm terrible at that. I'm such a bad liar, people can see through it right away if I try to prank them, and even if I can't I'll them them it's a joke before they have time to fall for it.
  • edited April 2010
    I think I'm going to hell for that one. It was meeeeean.
    edited April 2010
    Dmnkly wrote: »
    I think I'm going to hell for that one. It was meeeeean.

"There is no way that is Dominic Armato" - Marek Bronstring

Hooray!
  • edited April 2010
    Dmnkly wrote: »
    I think I'm going to hell for that one. It was awesome.

fix'd
  • edited April 2010
    I'm with GuruGuru. The joke was brilliant with your participation, Dominic. I doubt it will get you sent to hell.
  • edited April 2011
    I gave everyone with a Blinky avatar a bunny avatar, and I gave Secret Fawful one of Comrade Pants's old avatars. I'm pretty happy with that one.
  • edited April 2011
    I gave everyone with a Blinky avatar a bunny avatar, and I gave Secret Fawful one of Comrade Pants's old avatars. I'm pretty happy with that one.

Did you really revive this thread for that?
  • edited April 2011
    I trollplayed as Tommy Wiseau on my Facebook profile, changing the name and avatar and all. I tricked a couple people.
  • edited April 2011

And a damn funny one it was, too.

In addition, now that you have posted in this thread, we know who to...ah...thank.
  • edited April 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Did you really revive this thread for that?

No, I revived this thread because it seemed like a good idea to bring it back this year. That just happened to be a preferable option to "BUMP".
  • edited April 2011
    unfortunately it's the only one I've pulled but
    Remolay wrote:
    Oh hey the threads back, I should check out what...
    Icedhope wrote: »
    So April fools hunh?trollface.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Which, of course, led not to Darth Vader going "NOOOOOOOOOOO!", but Rebecca Black, and it actually worked.
  • edited April 2011
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I'm too lame to have ever pulled an april fools joke.

Same is relevant today.
  • edited April 2011
    I'll admit it now, since Iced didn't: he temporarily closed the Whatever's on Your Mind thread. Hilarity ensued. So I closed all the subsequent threads at humorous moments (a mod made this one, there's no way it will close) as well as stickying the General Art thread as the Disturbing Art thread.

But Jake's prank still pwns.

My brother did pull a pretty fantastic one about five years ago about him being expelled from college, with a letter from the dean and everything. It scared my mom only for a few minutes because she expects that kind of stuff from him.
  • edited April 2011
    I convinced my best-work-friend that I was leaving my job to just go play XBox all day, so much so that she was threatening to call my mom (I was 27 at the time) and have her yell at me for it.
  • edited April 2011
    The best one I played was on my old roommate, all the furniture in the apartment was mine including his bedroom stuff. When he went to school a friend and I moved all of his furniture bed, nightstand, drawers even his mirror into my room and I left a note saying I had an offer I couldn't refuse on his bedroom set so I sold it.

I let him freak out for a while before I let him in on the prank.
  • edited April 2011
    I closed the whatever was on your mind thread, and kept locking new ones when they would appear...kind of lame and a little abusive of power but..everyone was a good sport about it, heh.
  • edited April 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I closed the whatever was on your mind thread, and kept locking new ones when they would appear...kind of lame and a little abusive of power but..everyone was a good sport about it, heh.

But you did it while I wasn't here, so your ass is toast.
  • edited April 2011
    The Evil List of Pranks I've Pulled

1-Taped a balloon to someone's tire so they think thought had a blowout when they left

2-Giving a lightweight non-alcoholic beer, but with the labels replaced and watched them get fake drunk (you wouldn't believe how well this worked)

3-Used a dry-erase maker and drew hairline cracks on my buddies tv

4-I'm actually kind of proud of this one. Rigged up a fake Nintendo with the guts of a plug and play pacman game and replaced my friends Nintendo with it. The look on his face when he popped in Mario Bros and Pacman came on the screen.

5-made a dvd with a loop of the infamous 360 firmware death screen and left it in a few systems (after setting them to autoplay)

6-An easy one for school, jammed chalk into the eraser so it writes on the board instead

7-Hack into my school network a had it where the shortcut for Oregon Trail brought up Wolfenstein 3D instead, on every computer in the school

8-flipped the speakers on a friends headphones inside out

9-set up a speaker in my window that I would use to play tire screeches when someone crossed the street without looking

10-hung a Halloween mask on a headboard so it would freak out my friend when they woke up

Whats bad is I could continue, but I fear you all may know too much already :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.