The songs in Telltale Games GotG and what's your favorite song from either the Game, Movies, or TV

What are the songs used in TTG Guardians of the Galaxy? And out of curiosity, what are your favorite song OSTs from either TV series, Game, or the Marvel films?

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2017

Main Menu:

• E.L.O - "Livin' Thing"

Episode 1:

• The Buzzcocks - "Why can't I Touch it"
    • Hall and Oates - "You Make My Dreams Come True"

Episode 2:

• King Harvest - "Dancing in the Moonlight" (also used in teaser trailer at Game Awards 2016)
    • Sparks - "This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us"

Trailer:

• Suzi Quatro - "Can the Can"
  • ...and to answer your question, my favorite song from the GOTG movies would probably be either Cherry Bomb or Mr Blue Sky.

From the Telltale game, I would (so far) pick "This Town Aint Big Enough For Both Of Us"

• Game:
    You Make My Dreams Come True

Movies:
    Cherry Bomb
    O-o-h Child

• edited July 2017

Get ready for a big list.. because I love many of the songs presented thus far.

Movies:

Volume 1

• Hooked on a Feeling -- by Blue Swede
    • Fooled Around and Fell in Love -- by Elvin Bishop
    • I Want You Back -- by Jackson 5
    • Come and Get Your Love -- by Redbone
    • Cherry Bomb -- by The Runaways .. My favourite of the soundtrack
    • O-O-H Child -- by The Five Stairsteps

Volume 2

• Mr. Blue Sky -- by Electric Light Orchestra (best in the soundtrack)
    • Lake Shore Drive -- by Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
    • The Chain -- by Fleetwood Mac
    • Bring It On Home to Me -- by Sam Cooke
    • Southern Nights -- by Glen Campbell
    • Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) -- by Looking Glass
    • Come a Little Bit Closer -- by Jay & The Americans
    • Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang -- by Silver (also best in the soundtrack)
    • Father and Son -- by Cat Stevens (also, also, best in the soundtrack)

The Game!!:

• Livin' Thing -- by Electric Light Orchestra
    • You Make My Dreams Come True -- by Hall and Oates
    • Dancing in the Moonlight -- by King Harvest
    • This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us -- by Sparks (my favourite one so far)
  • No one has picked Livin' Thing as their favorite from the game?
    Well, it's mine. I absolutely love that song.

And from the movies... Fox on the Run? Eh. Sure.
    Yeah, that one.

But I'm still hoping episodes 3-5 will have something to knock Livin' Thing outta the park for me.

• I haven't seen Volume 2 but I really liked Fox on the Run in the trailers. As for the game, I think most people aren't commenting on Livin' Thing due to it being a cover.

IDredMan posted: »

No one has picked Livin' Thing as their favorite from the game? Well, it's mine. I absolutely love that song. And from the movies... Fox

• I know the one from the main menu was a cover.

But the one used in the actual episode, was that a cover too?
    Sounded pretty damn spot on, if it was a cover.

I haven't seen Volume 2 but I really liked Fox on the Run in the trailers. As for the game, I think most people aren't commenting on Livin' Thing due to it being a cover.

• Unfortunately, Fox on the Run (a fantastic song) isn't actually in the movie, but it is in the soundtrack. There is, however, a running gag where Rocket is called a "fox" by another character, so it might have been cut from.

I haven't seen Volume 2 but I really liked Fox on the Run in the trailers. As for the game, I think most people aren't commenting on Livin' Thing due to it being a cover.

• Thanks for that. I hope there will be more awesome songs to come in the game's upcoming episodes.

Main Menu: * E.L.O - "Livin' Thing" Episode 1: * The Buzzcocks - "Why can't I Touch it" * Hall and Oates - "You Make My Dream

• Lover of old music by the way.

...and to answer your question, my favorite song from the GOTG movies would probably be either Cherry Bomb or Mr Blue Sky. From the Telltale game, I would (so far) pick "This Town Aint Big Enough For Both Of Us"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.