Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Thanks for kind words, glad you like it.

Wow, this is amazing! I always enjoy your work, but this has to be my favourite of them all. The colours give this portrait such a nice touch, that really is something special. Thank you very much for sharing it, I love it

• Tomorrow for sure, but towards the evening. I will meet up with some friends tomorrow for a few hours, so I won't get any writing done from 2PM to 8PM our time. However, I plan on almost finishing it until then, so I think it is very realistic to assume that the epilogue will come out at some time during the late Sunday evening. That said, while I will be a bit busy today as well, writing this epilogue has proven to come very easy to me when I started yesterday, so I definitely don't need too long to finish it. Who knows, if I am really fast, I might even manage to finish it today before heading to bed (meaning the middle of the night), but tomorrow evening is more likely.

Mathea posted: »

When we can expect the epilogue?

• Wow, that's awesome! Definitely my favorite FoT fanart!

http://i.imgur.com/gPxCJJ7.jpg Guess who. Since book is almost over, I felt the inspiration to create something to celebrate it.

• Epilogue: The King's Landing

Regis

The path in front of him was dark and even though he had lived on these lands for all his life, Regis had trouble finding his way. Perhaps the age finally caught up to him, as he begrudgingly noticed. Having his fifty-fourth name day approaching in a fortnight, Regis still had trouble accepting the loss of his youth, even when looking into the mirror each morning, noting the high widow's peak, the greying hair and the short sideburns, all on pasty, pale skin.

Now, after nearly half a day on horseback and the last hour of straight walking, his bones ached and his breath had become shorter. Still, he followed his guide willingly when he could have just as easily ordered his guards to throw the man into a cell. He knew better than to refuse Quenton Qoherys, knowing fully well whom the man served.

His companion meanwhile, he didn't show such problems. A lad of nineteen years with brown hair and plain eyes of the same colour, he lacked outstanding features, yet Simon Stokeworth had all the youthfulness Regis himself was missing.

Right now, Quenton led them down a... path, for a lack of a better word, down to the coast, an area Regis hadn't been in decades. It was a bay, the path leading down the cliffs to the sea, a spot that provided a magnificent view in the right light. Back when he courted his Alayne, they used to come here, but that was over two decades ago. They had grown stiff and old and nowadays, they were more concerned with matters of politics. And how quickly these could change, well, none knew it better than Regis.

A month ago, Simon Stokeworth has been his enemy, in the quarrel over a tiny patch of dirt both houses had claimed. It was thanks to King Argilac's envoy that they reconciled. Obviously, this came with an offer to rejoin the Kingdom of the Stormlands, an offer that had lingered in the air for weeks, until Quenton arrived this morning.

“Careful now, mylord”, Quenton warned him, as the path grew steeper. The torch he held barely illuminated himself, all seven feet of his battle-hardened body, the single violet eye, the black and silver eyepatch that covered the other one, the similarly silver hair that was cut soldierly short. His beard however was long, thick and wild. He was the sort of man young boys aspired to be and Regis was glad he hasn't allowed his daughter to witness their meeting, for despite his advancing age and notable scars, Quenton's looks were the sort he could only describe as dashing.

He was walking ahead, something Regis was glad for. It would be an embarrassing end, falling down such a steep path and onto the beach several dozen feet below. From afar, he was able to see where Quenton was leading them. There was a camp down there, several tents, torches illuminating them and the banners that were raised on each. Red on black, a dragon with three heads.

“So, it is true”, Simon mumbled and Regis gave him an alarmed look. “What is true?”, he hissed, tensing up as he watched the men in the camp below. They were less than a hundred, who were camping near a large mass of rocks at the far end of the bay. True, their true number was hard to guess, though the torches were enough to illuminate the shadows of two large ships. Two ships. Hardly an invading force, yet the presence of Targaryen soldiers, the fact that he and the heir of Stokeworth were led there by Lord Aegon's master-at-arms, this was highly unusual. In the long years of his life, Regis had learned that unusual things were often a bad thing.

He still remembered the day the last invading force stood on his lands. Back then, they wore different colours. Tully, Piper, Blacktyde and Volmark, all marching under the banner of House Hoare. His father fought against them, for Arlan Durrandon. He died in this war, shot by a Mooton archer. His older brother was trampled to death by Durrandon cavalry a year later, when Arlan tried to regain the lands he had lost. Ever since, Regis knew that loyalty, as pretty a thing as it was, was nothing to die for, at least not when it came to loyalty for a king he had never even met. Durrandon or Hoare, the small castle of Rosby has always been at the outskirts of either kingdom and the crowned heads in their faraway halls had better to do than to tend to the needs of such small vassals.

“It has begun, hasn't it?”, Simon asked. “By the Seven, the rumours are true!” There was a strange excitement in his voice, especially compared to Regis' anxiety. Quenton looked over his shoulder, the torch showing the slight smile on his lips. “The king will explain it better than I ever could”, he promised.

Regis raised an eyebrow. “What king?”, he asked. “Has Lord Aegon chosen a liege?” Quenton shook his head. “You couldn't be more wrong, mylord”, he said, as the trio reached the bottom of the path, now walking on sand, across the beach towards the tents. The torches weren't enough to illuminate anything of the surrounding area, not even the mass of rocks behind them, still as black as the midnight sky.

It didn't take long until one of the guards spotted the torch. A horn was sounded, as Quenton raised his hands. “I have returned!”, he yelled, his deep voice booming across the battlefield. “Tell the king Ser Quenton Qoherys has returned, together with his guests!”

It was all that had to be said. Nobody stopped them as the three walked closer. By now, Regis was counting. The tents were clearly unable to house a hundred man. Slightly more than fifty at most. This was not an invasion, unthinkable. Yet why were soldiers sworn to House Targaryen here, landing in Blackwater Bay?

A man, well dressed in black and red, approached them as they had almost reached the ring of torches that showed the borders of the camp. He was younger than Quenton and Regis, yet older than Simon. His platinum blonde hair was short and blue eyes pierced at them. Quenton's torch highlighted the man's pale skin and his thin face, as well as the sharp, aquiline nose. A thin smile formed on his lips as he spread his arms. “Welcome back, Quenton!”, he said.

Quenton gave him a hug. “Laevon, good to see you”, he spoke. “Though I am afraid it's only a partial success. Matthos Stokeworth refused to come with me” The man, Laevon looked past his companion and towards Regis and Simon, raising an eyebrow in a high arch. “The boy is Matthos' son and heir, Simon”, Quenton explained. “He showed wisdom in coming here”

To this, Laevon nodded. “Ser Simon, it is a pleasure”, he greeted him calmly, before he slightly bowed in front of Regis. “Lord Rosby, I presume” Regis politely repeated the gesture. “Laevon Raelgaeron, advisor if his grace, King Aegon”

Regis almost lost his nerve for a moment. “King Aegon?”, he asked and Quenton patted him onto the back. “Come, mylord”, he said. “It will all make sense” He and Laevon began to walk, leading Regis and Simon through the camp. Having finished counting, Regis came to the conclusion that there were about sixty soldiers in this camp. And... King Aegon. If the Dragonlord had given himself a crown, he had to be truly mad. On their own, the Targaryen's had barely enough men to take Rosby or Stokeworth at full force.

They stopped in front of a tent, the largest of the camp, as well as the one closest to the cliff. The guards, noticing Laevon and Quenton, saluted briefly, before stepping aside, allowing the four to enter. Inside, Regis took a moment to look around, noticing several people gathered around a table.

“Your grace, Ser Quenton has returned!”, Laevon announced. “May I introduce Regis, Lord of Rosby and Simon, son and heir of Lord Matthos Stokeworth” He turned to the two men. “And may I introduce King Aegon of House Targaryen, First of his Name, King of All Westeros and Shield of His People!”

Regis' gaze fell upon the man in the centre of the room. Dressed comparably simple, in plain black and red, the light of the candles showed the broad build of a warrior. His face was even, handsome, adorned by a short beard in a silvery-golden colour. A crown was resting on his head, a dark, shimmering circlet with big square-cut rubies. Purple eyes were staring at the Lord of Rosby, calmly, patiently.

Now, Regis took a moment to fully notice the other people in the room. King Aegon, was sitting on a small settee behind the table, a young woman next to him. She was graceful, perhaps the greatest beauty Regis had seen in his life. Her silvery-golden hair fell down to her waist and she had the same purple eyes as her king. Her attire was black and red as well, yet richer, the fabric more lavish, putting emphasis onto her slender frame. Having raised her head from his shoulders as the men entered the tent, her arm remained resting on Aegon's. Playfully, she raised an eyebrow.

To the right of the table, there was another woman, who just looked up from studying a map. Taller than the woman next to Aegon, yet a bit shorter than the king himself, with a toned, voluptuous physique, she was the only person in the room to wear armour, dark mail below a red and black tabard. A beauty as well, but a harsh one, she wore her silvery-golden hair in a thick braid. Cautiously, she glared at the newcomers and Regis noticed the sword on the table right in front of her, Valyrian Steel, with a slender blade, with a dark hilt and a red ruby embedded in the crossguard.

Behind her, in the corner of the tent, stood a young man with sharp features, icy blue eyes, with a tall and lean build. Clean shaven, the hair on his head fell down to his chin and half of it was dyed blue. The same blue was on his tabard, a swordfish of that colour, resting on fretty silver, all on a ground of white. House Bar Emmon of Sharp Point, sworn to the Storm King.

Across the table, to Aegon's left, Regis saw two men, both of Valyrian descent. One of them was the tallest man in the room, with a gaunt face and a wiry build. His hair had a shade of pale silver, nearly white, as had his long, thin beard. In contrast, the man next to him was more plump, showing the beginnings of a belly, his round face was partially hidden by a massive moustache in a shiny golden-blonde colour.

“And may I introduce Queen Rhaenys and Queen Visenya of House Targaryen”, Laevon continued, pointing first at the woman sitting next to Aegon, then to the one standing at the table. “At the other side of the table we have the lords Crispian Celtigar and Daemon Velaryon” He pointed at the plump golden-haired man and then at the tall, gaunt man. Lord Velaryon smiled politely. “Finally, Ser Iwan Bar Emmon, heir to Sharp Point”

Only then did Regis notice that Simon had already gone down onto one knee. “King Aegon, it is an honour to meet you”, the Stokeworth boy spoke with a firm voice. Regis himself remained standing, though his knees got slightly weak as Queen Rhaenys flashed him a bright smile, the same time her sister merely glared.

“Rise, Ser”, Aegon spoke with a warm, pleasant voice. “And Lord Rosby, I am glad you followed my invitation. May I ask why Lord Matthos is not here with you?” Simon sighed. “My father refused Ser Quenton's offer, your grace”, he explained. “Instead, I decided to come, on my own, to see what you have to tell”

“A smart move”, Rhaenys complimented him briefly, her voice smooth and soft as silk. Aegon nodded. “So be it”, he said. “You are welcome here. As are you, Lord Rosby” He rose from the settee, while Rhaenys moved away from him. The young queen looked curiously at both newcomers, as her husband moved around the table.

“So, what is this about?”, Regis asked. “If you wanted to pay my lands a visit, you could have always came to my keep. Honoured guests you would have been. Why... this?” Aegon walked up to him. “I would like to apologize in advance”, he said. “I know Blackwater Bay belonged to Rosby for hundreds of years, yet I intend to take it from you, to establish a fort on these very grounds, my first stronghold in these lands”

Regis raised an eyebrow, though remained silent, as he slowly clenched his fists. He already did not like the direction this talk was heading to. “That be said, if you bend the knee, I will compensate you for the lands I have to take, richly so”

Now, Regis' eyes widened. “Bend the knee?”, he gasped. “So, this is an Invasion?” He gazed around, his mouth slightly open. Simon did not seem nearly as surprised as he was and even then, the young man showed mostly awe where Regis felt the uneasy mixture of anxiety and amusement.

“It took you long enough to figure that out, mylord”, Queen Visenya hissed as she nodded. “Yes, this is an invasion. You and your kind do good to follow my king's wishes” She was going to continue, as Aegon gave her a mild look. “Visenya speaks harshly”, he said. “I do not intend to threaten you, Lord Rosby, I intend to convince you”

“There is nothing to convince, your grace”, Regis said politely. “If this is truly an invasion and not some odd joke, then I urge you to reconsider. You have landed on my shores and I bear you no ill will for that. But this is madness. You have... what, fifty men with you?”

“Sixty”, Aegon corrected him and this time, Regis chuckled, though only as he noticed the thin smirk on Aegon's face and the grin on Rhaenys'. “Though the number of my men in total exceeds yours by far” As he finished his sentence, the gaunt Lord Velaryon spoke up. “I was the first to follow my liege's call. Driftmark is home to three hundred swords and a dozen warships”

“Heh, don't flatter yourself, Daemon”, Crispian Celtigar snarled. “Claw Isle might have fewer ships to support our king, but five hundred men are ready to follow his command” Aegon gave him a nod, looking at the Bar Emmon knight. His presence came as the biggest surprise to Regis in the current round.

“I bring word from Sharp Point”, Iwan said. “My father supports King Aegon's claim. Lord Triston Massey does the same and currently leads our combined force to these lands. Eight hundred men. Is that enough of an army for you, Lord Rosby?”

“And where is this army you speak of, Ser Iwan?”, Regis asked. “I can assemble half this number in less than a week. The same applies to Stokeworth and when push comes to shove, two thousand man from Duskendale can be here in a fortnight” He looked at Aegon. “Your grace, you are the Dragonlord, the last remnant of Valyria. By no accounts are you foolish enough to attempt an invasion with such a tiny force”

“It won't be so tiny anymore should you and Lord Stokeworth bend the knee”, Aegon said and Regis chuckled. “You are the second king in this week that wants me to renounce my loyalty to Black Harren. And, no offence, but at least King Argilac offers the might of House Durrandon for my support”

He noticed how Celtigar frowned at the mention of the Storm King and for a brief second, terrible anger flared up in Aegon's eyes. “Durrandon”, he growled. “I was willing to ally with him, despite Visenya's and Laevon's attempts to convince me against it. In the end, it was King Argilac himself who showed me the flaw of this plan”

By now, the atmosphere in the tent had grown notably colder. Rhaenys wasn't smiling anymore and Visenya's hand was now resting right next to her sword. “I sent an ambassador to Storm's End, a close friend”, Aegon explained. “They brought his corpse back to Dragonstone and a small box containing his severed hands. King Argilac's way of refusing my alliance. He taught me that there can be but one king in Westeros. Now I intend to give him another offer. No marriage this time. He can bend the knee, or he can burn”

“Burn?”, Regis gasped. “Your grace, you cannot hope to win against seven kingdoms” He shook his head, as he gazed at Iwan Bar Emmon. “Even if some of King Argilac's vassals choose you over him, I fail to see a reason why I should do the same. I respect your ambition, but you lack power”

Now, Aegon's calm, deep eyes rested on him, the brief hint of anger gone. “Walk with me and I will show you my true power”, he offered, to which Regis gave him a nod. An excited glow appeared on Simon's face. “If there is any doubt about this, your grace, you have my support”, the heir to Stokeworth said. “And I have a plan on how to convince my father, if you're inclined to hear it”

“That I am, once I have secured Lord Rosby's loyalty”, Aegon assured him. “Come as well. Come and see” He led Regis and Simon out of the tent. Visenya followed at once and lazily rising from the settee, Rhaenys hurried to keep up with them. King Aegon's entourage, his four advisors and Iwan Bar Emmon followed after the queens.

“It is true that I lack manpower, though I hope to boost my numbers with your men”, the king explained. “For this, I offer you riches and titles. But more than that, I offer you something House Rosby never had in its long history”

Regis followed him out of the tent, his heart beating faster now as they walked into the night. “And what might that be, your grace?”, he asked. Aegon stopped next to the tent, looking at the cliff. “Recognition”, he replied. “Kings have fought over your lands for centuries, yet none of them has ever been to your halls. None of them acknowledges your existence, unless they want something from you. I offer more. Bend the knee and you will be my vassal, directly sworn to the throne. On the hills above Blackwater Bay, I will build my stronghold, seat of my power and from there on, I will rule, first over these lands, then over all Westeros. None will be closer to the throne than Rosby. The centre of Westeros as I envision it, with your keep half a day's ride away from the capital. Imagine it”

Regis did and he had to admit, he liked the sound of it. “A tempting offer”, he spoke. “But still, you don't have enough men” Now, Aegon smiled, a quick, genuine smile that gave his face something divine until it faded equally quickly. “I don't need men”, he answered. “I have something much more powerful”

“And what would...”, Regis started, though Aegon cut him off by raising a hand. He spoke something in the otherwordly beautiful language that was High Valyrian. And a growl echoed across the nightly bay, deeply resonating in Regis' body, as fear rose in him. Simon gasped and then, Regis saw it as well.

The formation of rocks had opened its eyes, bright orange like burning embers. What he had thought to be stone, it was scales, blacker than night. A part of the cliff began to move and Regis' knees began to shake. He had heard the stories. By the Seven, they all heard the stories and none believed them. The massive body seemed to grow only larger as the dragon extended itself to its full size. To see it in it entirety against the nightly sky, Regis had to tilt his head back all the way. Gods... gods, it was larger than the entire castle he had grown up in! A part of his mind was unable to fully grasp the size of this creature. The rest stood in awe at the sight of a dragon, one of the last few left in this world.

A deep roar, almost deafening, came out of the dragon's throat, as it opened its massive jaws, displaying dozens of teeth, as long as swords. It spread its wings, three hundred feet in each direction. Lightning flared up inside of it, though the flame that came out of its throat was blacker than the night and though he stood over a hundred feet below it, Regis felt the heat.

He noticed that Simon had already gone down onto one knee and by now, Regis had no choice but to do the same. “I, Regis Rosby, Lord of Rosby, bend the knee”, he declared. “To Aegon of House Targaryen, First of his Name, King of All Westeros and Shield of His People!”

And above him, Balerion, the Black Dread, roared deafeningly, announcing the landing of a new king in Westeros.

End of Book 1

• edited July 2017

Next time on Forum of Thrones:

With frustration oozing from every move he made, Leonard slammed his fist down at the table, loud and sudden enough to make Richard frown. “What are you going to do next?”, the knight asked. “I don't want to sit around anymore, while the men that murdered him walk around freely. They disgrace his memory a we speak!”

Richard sighed. “Patience, my friend”, he replied and Leonard rolled his eyes. “That's easy, coming from you”, he growled and he glared at Kersea, who was staring at the floor in front of her. “After all, you're not locked up here all day, together with her! Hells, they murdered my best friend!” Now, Kersea briefly looked up. “They did the same to mine”, she sighed weakly, a look of pain flashing across her face as she reached for the bandages around her waist.

“You don't look good, my friend”, Ayden said. “Haven't slept in a while, huh?” Jaron gave him a weary look. He reached for the bottle, but the sellsword was quick to grab it, pulling it closer to himself. Jaron clenched his hand to a fist and sighed, half in pain, half in sorrow. “Can you blame me?”, he asked. “It's been two months and... nothing. She's gone. Taken and I can't do anything to help her. How would you react if they would have taken Taria from you?”

Kyra had seen many corpses in her life. Hells, she had made quite a number herself, no point in denying it. Yet there was something about these that was truly horrifying. These men died in pain, the expression was engraved on their face for all eternity. Someone enjoyed murdering them. Her guards, men who had only done their job. “What do you know about this?”, she asked and Damon looked at her, his smile not suited for such a grim scene. “Oh, for example I know exactly who did it”, he answered. "And I know just how this will help against our enemies" To this, Kyra raised an eyebrow. "Our enemies?", she asked.

Brandon gave her a small smile and Raenne felt Briar trembling with excitement next to her, as the young girl looked around the massive Great Hall. Then, the Bastard of Winterfell drew his sword, a gesture that would have looked out of place at any court Raenna had ever been to. Yet here, far up in the north, it felt like the sign of reverence it was intended to be. He pointed it right at the man at the other end of the hall, the Wolf King that looked so much like him. “May I introduce my brother!”, he proclaimed loudly. “The King of Winter, the King in the North!”

A few months ago, he wouldn't have noticed it, but Drent had come to know her over the duration of this journey. The feeling of being home again, the welcome her father had given her, Emphryus' gesture, it had shaken the princess. It was the first time since they left Raylansfair that he saw her smiling again. King Argilac was smiling as well, the proud, relieved smile of a father. Yet there was something else and it didn't take long for Argella to notice it. “What is it, father?”, she asked and the Storm King gulped. “Gella...”, he sighed. “A lot has happened while you were away”

“There we are”, Noelle sighed, as she gave Ellena a tired smile, receiving only an angry frown in return. The camp below was not small, she wouldn't go that far, yet she had seen enough people to know that the Dragon King's host was tiny compared to those the master of these lands could muster. His banners were waved high, black and red and his men seemed eager, at least from afar, yet this wasn't enough. This could never be enough, not for what he was attempting to do.

Just then, she heard the roar in the distance. Followed by another one. Then a third. And Ellena Terys saw their shadows on the horizon.

Forum of Thrones, Book 2, Act I, Chapter I: Fires Far; Coming Soon!

• Well, what can I say... surprise epilogue! I knew writing wouldn't take me all that long, yet I surprised myself by actually finishing it all so quickly. I surely hope that it lives up to the hype. All I know it, it made me even more excited for the things to come in the next book. For now, this means Book 1 is officially over! My friends, it has been a crazy awesome ride. Wether you follow this story for the entire two and a half years or have just joined, you are the ones I owe my gratitude. At the danger of sounding cheesy, writing this story has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life and it has shaped the plans I hold for my future in quite magnificent ways. Hell, without the confidence I received from your support, I likely would have never decided to study something I actually want to do. Neither would I have made plans to remain a creative writer hopefully for the rest of my life, first with Forum of Thrones, then hopefully with original stories, the kind I can even publish. I'm legit getting a bit emotional right there, because we have reached the end of the book I was writing on since December 2014. May there be many more years to come, parts to write, characters to receive, to introduce, to develop. May there be many more of these comments I so enjoy. And thank you. Always.

Now, before I get bloody teary-eyed, let me ask you a couple of questions really quick. This time, they will apply for the entirety of Book 1, as well as for Chapter 9, meaning it's a bit more than usual, but take your time, answer whenever you like, skip questions as it pleases you, combine them if two or more have the same answer and so on.

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9?

Who were your favourite characters in the entirety of Book 1?

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 9?

Who were your least favourite characters in the entirety of Book 1?

Who were your favourite PoV storylines in Chapter 9?

Who were your favourite PoV storylines in the entirety of Book 1?

Who were your least favourite PoV storylines in Chapter 9?

Who were your least favourite PoV storylines in the entirety of Book 1?

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 9?

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Book 1?

What has been your favourite chapter in Book 1?

Is there anything you disliked?

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Book 2?

I know, I know, a massive amount of questions, but as I said, answer as many as you like, I am pretty sure there will be many cases in which the answers will be the same in two or more cases.

Now, what is to come next? First of all, there will be the alternative choices in the early next week, followed by the What If segment not long after. Then, I hope to release something special, which I will only do at the end of each book. I call it the “What could have been”-segment. There, I plan to give an overview over things that have changed when it comes to my plans over the past two and a half years, as well as reasons for why I decided differently. Hopefully, it will be enjoyable :) Afterwards, I will start the Interlude, probably by the end of next week and I aim to finish it before I leave for my vacation to Finland in early August.

For now, I look forward for your thoughts to the epilogue and Book 1, your answers to the questions and well, the events to come!

• I was expecting something like this as the epilogue. Very cool indeed. The description of Balerion was very pleasing.

It's hard not to be convinced.

I also like Aegon's reaction to mention to Argliac Durrandon. Very fitting.

Epilogue: The King's Landing Regis The path in front of him was dark and even though he had lived on these lands for all his life, Reg

• With frustration oozing from every move he made, Leonard slammed his fist down at the table, loud and sudden enough to make Richard frown. “What are you going to do next?”, the knight asked. “I don't want to sit around anymore, while the men that murdered him walk around freely. They disgrace his memory a we speak!”

Richard sighed. “Patience, my friend”, he replied and Leonard rolled his eyes. “That's easy, coming from you”, he growled and he glared at Kersea, who was staring at the floor in front of her. “After all, you're not locked up here all day, together with her! Hells, they murdered my best friend!” Now, Kersea briefly looked up. “They did the same to mine”, she sighed weakly, a look of pain flashing across her face as she reached for the bandages around her waist.

Good ol' Lenny. That's the hostility that I missed. Let your anger flow through you. Kersea has done bad don't try to be too friendly.

Kyra had seen many corpses in her life. Hells, she had made quite a number herself, no point in denying it. Yet there was something about these that was truly horrifying. These men died in pain, the expression was engraved on their face for all eternity. Someone enjoyed murdering them. Her guards, men who had only done their job. “What do you know about this?”, she asked and Damon looked at her, his smile not suited for such a grim scene. “Oh, for example I know exactly who did it”, he answered. "And I know just how this will help against our enemies" To this, Kyra raised an eyebrow. "Our enemies?", she asked.

Lady Greyjoy I see. Welcome back.

Are these supposed to be from the next chapter or merely stuff during the 2 month timeskip. I can tell some are the latter but some being the former makes sense too.

Next time on Forum of Thrones: With frustration oozing from every move he made, Leonard slammed his fist down at the table, loud and su

• I was expecting something like this as the epilogue. Very cool indeed. The description of Balerion was very pleasing.

Well, you probably realize why I had to keep the name of this epilogue a secret until actually writing it. I know some were expecting it and it has always been the plan to introduce Aegon and his sisters in the Book 1 epilogue, but outright revealing the title would have made it too obvious :D But I am glad you enjoyed it! This was a long time coming and it is nice to hear that you enjoyed the part and the description of Balerion.

It's hard not to be convinced.

Right! I mean, Aegon has good arguments and arguably, by supporting him such small houses like Rosby and Stokeworth will profit the most. They have previously lived in contested regions constantly being forced to swap allegiances and at the front of every war, are suddenly in the heartland of a new kingdom that spans the entire continent, a day's ride away from the capital. That being said, it is hard not to be convinced when the guy that demands your allegiance presents a dragon that could swallow a mammoth whole. Lord Rosby did the wise thing and that made him an epilogue character who, in spite of the Ice and Fire tradition, actually managed to survive his part.

I also like Aegon's reaction to mention to Argliac Durrandon. Very fitting.

Aye, that will be an important relationship between these two. Unwittingly, Argilac has been the final straw to start the entire War of Conquest and once he realizes this, he is definitely going to regret his pretty rash actions from Chapter 4. And though Aegon is fairly neutral and pragmatic on most occasions, he is legitimately angry at the Storm King, something no other king in Westeros has managed to do so far.

I was expecting something like this as the epilogue. Very cool indeed. The description of Balerion was very pleasing. It's hard not to be convinced. I also like Aegon's reaction to mention to Argliac Durrandon. Very fitting.

• Good ol' Lenny. That's the hostility that I missed. Let your anger flow through you. Kersea has done bad don't try to be too friendly.

I can confirm, the Leonard we will see next chapter will be a lot closer to the Leonard from Chapter 1 of Book 1, showing hostility, jerkish sarcasm and things like that. Admittedly, he does have a reason, because he certainly does not trust Kersea. In time, he might learn to at least trust her, but initially, he will have a very hostile attitude towards her until/if she manages to prove herself.

Lady Greyjoy I see. Welcome back.

Kyra, one of several new PoV's in the next chapter. At least one of two. There will be more new PoV's, but the next ones are likely to be introduced in Chapter 2. And well, Kyra will very much have one of the most eventful storylines in Book 2, one I hope is going to be loads of fun.

Are these supposed to be from the next chapter or merely stuff during the 2 month timeskip. I can tell some are the latter but some being the former makes sense too.

These are all scenes from the next chapter without exception. I can see how some of them could take place during the timeskip, but I don't intend to show the events happening there, most likely at least. The Interlude will be set during the timeskip, relatively early after Aegon's landing, but these scenes will all happen in the next chapter.

With frustration oozing from every move he made, Leonard slammed his fist down at the table, loud and sudden enough to make Richard frown. “

• It was awesome, even if it was only a glimpse of whats coming.

House Rosby and Stokeworth were indeed one of the first noblemen who surrendered to the Conqueror.

Epilogue: The King's Landing Regis The path in front of him was dark and even though he had lived on these lands for all his life, Reg

• Seems like things are going to heat up in book two, and quoting George R.R. Martin, the plot is becoming a Meereenese knot, but who cares.

Next time on Forum of Thrones: With frustration oozing from every move he made, Leonard slammed his fist down at the table, loud and su

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9?
    This is a hard question as always for me because I enjoyed reading just about every single one! I'm a bit partial to Drent and Argella however just because of Jax(RIP) but Leonard grew on me this go round. It probably has something to do with the fact that he's sort of getting back to himself after everything that has happened. I also really liked Daghan and the Targ crew in general! Tallian from the Rock is also a personal favorite.

(Inserts opening from first question) No but OVERALL I have to say I'm a Drent/Emphy fanboy, but Orys and Argella are VERY close seconds. Sadie was also a pleasure to read overall and I always enjoyed her parts. But third place for me goes to Willfred Reyne and his entourage, I'm a huge fan of Tallian.

*At this is a bit easier ha! I still have to go with Maya, I just still have a tough time connecting with her for some reason. Harlan Tyrell just annoys me for reasons you know Liquid (=p), and of course Butterfly is Butterfly. I'm going to go head and stick the next question in here as well and keep it with Maya. I'll also add in Garen, the goofball. *

Drent, Argella, Leonard

Drent, Argella, Lucas, Willfred, Sadie

None actually! Nine has been one of my favorites!

Maya for reasons above! I wasn't a HUGE fan of Noelle but she grew on me. =p

This is going to be a weird answer but the entire fight over Raylansfair and Jax's death. It was heartbreaking don't get me wrong but it just felt so right and the shockwaves as I thought about what ripples it will make all the way in the Stormlands was really cool to imagine for one of my characters. Other than that I have to add in the scene inside the Keep of Raylansfair with Argella and Butterfly.

I think it's the same as above ha.

Nine, and five are tied for me with nine taking it by a bit. Eight I'm tying in with nine as the precourser so I'm sort of cheating. (shrug)

Losing my one character hurt a bit just because I didn't have any others but surprisingly I had no issue with continuing to follow with chewed fingernails with how immersed in every other storyline in the book I was!

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Book 2?
    I'm REALLY looking forward to a certain character(s), and seeing some of Essos. I'm actually REALLY exciting about seeing Essos and such. You already gave me one of my wishes with seeing Balerion.

• edited July 2017

Congratulations Liquid for this goal!Write an entire book expecially of this lenght is not an easy achievement!

About the epilogue:

• I suspect that you would have show Aegon reach the place that we will all know as King's landing but I admit that it was a really enjoyable read
    • I like that you chose the Lord of House Rosby as PoV for this epilogue since it was interesting read of his meeting with the King from his PoV
    • About Regis,will he be an epilogue only PoV or he will become a regular one?
    • I obviously enjoy see for the first time all the major players of House Targaryen faction and expecially the King and his wives/sisters!
    • In the end it was AWESOME how you show the dragon at the very end of the book,I must admit that if this was a real book I will now waiting impatiently the next one!

About the preview:

• Family problems at House Harkings eh? Will Uncle Leonard finally accept Aunt Kersea as a member of the family?We will discover that at the most viewed sitcom at Westeros! "The Harkings and Friends"
    • Oh no...Jaron has become a drunkard like Robb! And maybe he is even lives at the expense of Ayden and Taria!
    • Well,nothing surprising from Raenna PoV,even if obviously her meeting with the North King will be a really cool moment!
    • Ah!I have forgot that Kyra is going to be a new PoV for the story!I'm really curious to discover who slaughter so many man and how they will fit in Damon plans
    • And Argella finally reunite with her father...just to discover that they will go to war
    • In the end Ellena is going to reach Aegon camp huh? I'm curious to read of her future magical adventures!

Here I will answer your questions:

Leaving the PoV's aside I enjoy Leonard,Argella,Garen,Ryder Harrington and Petyr

Always speaking of characters that are not PoV's (and my characters) I really enjoy Harris (he was a really interesting character),Martin (RIP),Harpy,Argella,Jarow (RIP),Hackor (RIP) and between the villains Clayton(I really hope that we will see him again because he can have a very interesting character development),Edward Anturion and Petyr Vyrwell

A character that I really dislike in this chapter?None in particular that I remember

This is easy! Vaasrand (until he is just a boring copy of Geralt) and Wolfius (until he will act as the boring psycopath that it seems just some sort of B rated villain of a superhero comic book)of course! Well,maybe I should add Kreep in this list since he seems to exist only as a mindless weapon for Wolfius,he is just like Aegon dragon (btw I noticed that you put his name in the list) without be a giant AWESOME beast!

Obviously Lucas since this was his last chapter

The Ironbros!After them Jaron,Marak (RIP),Jenna,Richard,Kersea,Sadie and Lucas(RIP)

Since this is the last chapter of the book many of the PoV's just end their storyline so...maybe Ilish because outside discover something about Nain kingdom it seems that nothing happened to her

I admit that Ilish,Maya,Willfred and Edrick need a more exciting storyline for the next book

All the ones that anticipate interesting stuff in the next book and,obviously,the trial by combat

Well,of course the parts where you introduce my characters! Truth aside I enjoy many events of this book like the meeting between the Durrandon family and the targaryen ambassador,the Butterfly reveal,the assassination attempt at King Harren and many of the action centric parts (like the battle at the castle gates and the battle at the end of chapter 6)

I suppose that it is a tie between chapter 6 (because it was during that chapter that I start to read this story and I really enjoy the ending of it) and chapter 8 (because of the raid stuff)

Like always I will put stuff that I "dislike" at "something that can be improved"

Like other readers already said I'm interested to finally see many more location in the next book and know many more new and (I hope) interesting characters,outside that I'm curious to know what happened to Dimitri and Clayton,see characters that have a really minor role  (like Lawsen and Magnus ) be more developed and how you will start the War

About giving advices I obviously suggest you to never put anymore too many PoV's in the same location (15+ was really an abnormal number), show battles between armies when will be needed and don't feel ashamed to make "good" people fight and even kill each other (because during the war there will probably chances where it is not important who you are but the colour of your banner);outside that I hope that in the villain side the next book will be less Mullendore centric (TOO many people want him dead) and that you will give more relevance to other villains (like Petyr and Devrin,the other two members of his alliance,Anturion family,the pirate King and maybe even some new villains leaving aside of course all Westeros rulers)

In the end I want to give you my thanks for this story (because I always found it an enjoyable read) and to be an author that always answer and be part of the conversation with his readers

Extra section:

Postponed until the ending of the Interlude

Well, what can I say... surprise epilogue! I knew writing wouldn't take me all that long, yet I surprised myself by actually finishing it al

Petyr Vyrwel, I know it's gonna be an unpopular choice but I love that guy haha. And dare I say, The Tom. He really impressed me after that trial of combat.

Harris Flowers, I was always Team Harris and it's sad to see him go. And also Argella. As for the dead, there's obviously Alysanne, and I remembered liking Martin quite a bit. IMO, he's a better Leonard than Leonard (They both filled the role of the bro for Jaron and Lucas respectively).

Mullendore, he never had any redeeming qualities. And I can't remember if it was this chapter, but that Leo guy in Edrick's story. He's a nuisance.

Wolfius and Mullendore for sure, Edward Anturion is also pretty up there. I'm also not a big fan of the really goody-two-shoe characters like Richard or Mathea, but they're not my least favorites.

Edrick's story picked up, which was awesome. And obviously the two central characters of the story, Lucas and Jaron.

Gotta give it to my man Lucas once again, and I really liked Breaker Bros and Marak's storylines too. I have a soft spot for Ironborn.

Drent? I felt like he didn't get that much to do, things should pick up for him back in the Stormlands though.

Sadie. Her highlight was the Maybros raid but other than that, her storyline was not as intriguing as the others. And Illish too, she was kinda all over the place for most of book one.

Trial of Combat of course, I say this so much but truly you've blown me away with this part. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I haven't felt this riled up reading a book in quite a while.

When Jaron and co. got wrecked by Butterfly, that was a great moment. With so many character deaths too, that was the first time I think I felt that no one was truly safe. And Lighthouse fight and Samuel-Ryder confrontation and the trial by combat I'd say.

I can't really choose the earlier chapters since it's been so long since I first read them and the details have become kinda hazy. So I'd say Chapter 8? The raid on Raylansfair was amazing.

Not really, there are bits with pacing problems, but all in all it's great.

First of all, so hyped for Essos and the rest of Westeros, instead of it being mainly centered in the Reach. And I'm always an advocate for more blood, so bring it on. I am anticipating the day the deceased list surpass the characters waiting to be introduced list.

• Totally awesome surprise for the Sunday morning. Makes you hyped for book 2 with this Epilogue.

Good job, Liquid.

Chapter 9 fav characters? Eh, so many things happened that it's really hard to decide. I surely enjoyed the whole Drent-Argella-Lucas storyline, same as Jenna's final transformation.

Marak, Terroma... both gone, but they were giving this warm and cheerful vibe at most times. I also enjoyed the last stage of Alysanne presence, when we were able to see her change. Such pity she died... at first hated, then redeemed in my eyes.

Clayton, Mullendore, Peter Vyrvel... for everything. The last two mentioned for what they did to poor Lucas. They broke him entirely.

Look up. As for the addition with POVs, I still don't feel much interest with Edrick storyline. Thought it will change but nah. Maya's and Sadie's luckily grew in my eyes, especially at the end.

Lucas, Drent, Raenna/Kersea due to Alysanne presence.

Except Edrick I would say all had something interesting in them, so it's really hard to choose.

Who were your least favourite PoV storylines in Chapter 9? Who were your least favourite PoV storylines in the entirety of Book 1?

Edrick.

Hm, for sure all those emotional ones. The raid in general, the Lighthouse confrontation, Mullendore-Argella meeting, when she got slapped. Saving Lucas by Argella, just to loose him after that... eh. It was the last Chapter, right? Timespan of the book is pretty long, so I am not following what happened which Chapter, sorry about that.

I guess I will say what I always do during this question list. Keep on doing what you are doing. You created a place for many readers to just come by, leave a real life behind and move for some minutes into the totally different universe, which brings smile, happiness, anger, sometimes tears. This feelings are all amazing, especially that caused by the interactive story written in the internet for OVER 2 years! So yeah, just go on and give us more in the incoming books. Surely I am not the only one of those awaiting for Essos, since I believe the rest of my characters will be introduced in there. As perhaps Mathea did not became favorite of many, I hope some other ones will perhaps do. Always hoped though one of my creations will became POV one day, this would be very rewarding in terms of commitment to the story I feel I presented, but seeing the list of unintroduced characters took the hope away long ago. Anyway, this was pretty crazy emotional-rollercoaster, Liquid and I am happy I was able to be a part of it. Thank you for giving us the opportunity.

• Great part, makes me hyped for book two!

• So we did get Aegon and his sisters in Book 1 after all, yay! :D And I have to say, it was a very good way to introduce them, and such an epic way to kick off WoC! The very fitting song is the cherry on top =)

Can't wait for Book 2!

(Oh, and I think I know my next set now, and let's just say... I very much approve! :D )

• Awesome!

I was at least partly right then. We got to see Aegon and company, but not at Dragonstone. Anyways, awesome end and I cannot wait for the interlude, prologue and book 2 in general. It'll be awesome I am sure!

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited July 2017

Chapter 9, the way that it was set up, didn't have me change my opinions on characters too much. It was just kind of there. So, this list is kind of small. It's not to say there aren't other characters I like, but this chapter didn't really do anything for them. Samantha, John Gutten, Lucas Flowers (gone, but never forgotten), Arthur Nathamer, Saerya (thanks for your help), Alan Harking, Ser Daghan Oxus, Ser Orys Baratheon, Princess Argella Durrandon, and of course the noble Ser Leonard Constantine.

So many. Let's start off with someone who unfortunately is forgotten: Dairon. Moving on, King Argilac Durrandon, Ser Ilhan Lagoon, Lord Trymon Brune (I would have saved him), Lunett Kawl, Dimitri the Wise, Jaylon Gordus, The Burned Man, Terroma, Lord Clint Volmark (miss you), Federico Snow, Hackor Nathamer, Ser Jax Montclair, Torvin Breaker, Baelor Bloodbane, Archmaester Wulvren, Ellena Terys, Harpy (she's iffy though), Archmaester Quent, Roach, Ayden Blackwell, Abbas al-Yunkari, Bakr al-Astapori (love my slaver friends), Janae, Behara Keys, King Harren Hoare, Harmund Hoare, Harlan Hoare, Harndon Hoare, Harrick Hoare, Gabin Strad, Damon Greyjoy, Kyra Greyjoy, Ser Edrick, Dante Karstark, Sadie Wade, Blane Banefort, Durren Stallhart, Two-Face, Alan Harking, Nora Recton, Ser Darren Tallwood, Temari Keys, Irving Todd (loser), Willfred Reyne, Mathea, Ser Daghan Oxus (awesome), Keat the Trickster (liked the thief stuff), Princess Argella Durrandon, Drent Golton, Emphryus Dresfel, Garen, Ulaf (Russian acent), Axell Snow, Valarr Roux (would have helped you), Daemion Stratford, Ser Orys Baratheon, Ser Gordar Celtigar, Ser Rahaerys Velaryon, Ryler Grimthorn, Davith Lanser,

Think that's a lot of characters? Well, there's more, but these are my favorites.

• Vaasrand of Lys. Maybe we'll get Derik Selwyn and Vaasrand in a buddy cop show?
    • Ser Jaron the Bastard. A solid, trouble, exciting guy.
    • Lord Hobert Lowther. WHERE IS HE?
    • John Gutten. A one-eyed badass.
    • Marak. Another one of our first POV's, still sad over him.
    • Arthur Nathamer. An all-around enjoyable character.
    • Edward Anturion. So cool. Yo-ho, yo-ho a pirate's life for me.
    • Sasha. Sellsword cool chick. Thanks for your work.
    • Lucas Flowers. Oh how I miss him. I didn't really put much effort into my post in his final part, but I expected something like that and was still upset. It's a shame to see this story's Ned Stark pass on. Valar morghulis. See you later bro.
    • Samantha Ducard. Such a troubled woman. Sympathize with her, and her actions helping some of my other favorite characters helps.
    • Lord Donnel Selwyn. Make the Reach great again.
    • Ser Leonard Constantine. Leonard the Stately. Leader of men, killer of men. It's been a long time buddy. Let's keep it up. Seriously though, emotional connection with this guy for the 2+ years. I feel for ya.

Just chapter 9? Should be fairly easy. The Tom. Bastard. The Moggy. Ser Ian Shortwood. Bad stuff man. The Sphynx and his little goon Connor Frostborn. Not really that much a fan of Samuel Harrington, Raenna is eh, Alysanne is dead, thank you. There was one more....Sherryl. Lord Petyr Vyrwel. Not cool. Last and in this case, least, Ser Maron Mullendore. You suck.

Oh boy. Hjalgar Holgarsson (evil murderer), Noelle Mield (crazy bitch), Bear (not nice), Morgrem Dermont (wolf killer), Samuel Harrington (not a fan), 'Butterfly' *another not good person), Septon Corbin (spy), Otis Shiff (not good), Urid Strad, Harris Flowers (he's in a better rating because of his deeds), Sherryl (improved a bit but glad dead), the Tom, the Moggy, basically any goon of Mullendore. Philip Loren (smallfolk Rosalie crush).

Now time for the Bad Batch. The Suicide Squad. The F-Team. The Idiots. The Expendables. Pink Floyd.

• Jenna Harking. This is the entire book, and she was for most of it. Frankly I wish she kind of died.
    • Richard Harking. Should have died in Chapter 2.
    • Kersea Catelins. No explanation needed. For the majority of this book this one has been in a pain in the ass.
    • Rosalie Mettel. Yuck.
    • Lyria Mettel. If I ate her like Wolfius I would puke her out afterwards.
    • Ser Rodrik Stone. Incompetent idiot.
    • Kreep. Weird killy kid. Wolfius should go on the Jerry Springer show and figure out this father-son mess.
    • Clayton Teryl. Glad he got messed up badly. Can't wait to see you die assassin.
    • Wolfius Woodbark. Another assassin, this a rogue one and a warg. I have to admit, I thought he was kind of cool in Chapter 1, but now his continued survival infuriates me. Someone kill him. One thing Lyria did that reduced her standing was screw him up.
    • Alysanne Waters. Sweet Alysanne I'm glad you're dead. "Puppy this", "Puppy that". Psycho bitch who in real life would have been locked in a mental institution long ago. Rest in hell.

None besides Lucas's, Edrick's, Samantha's, and John's really struck out to me. Well, Jenna's did I guess. Lucas's was probably the best though.

Jaron's, Marak's, Arthur's, John's, Drent's, Samantha's, Torvin's, and of course Lucas's.

Hm. The only ones I can really think of is Sadie's because I honestly forgot who had a POV part besides the most recent. Unlike last chapter, this one was not very eventful for many characters, so I can't remember very well.

Lyria's was one. It did have an excellent ending. Kersea's was not my favorite but it improved in the last 2 chapters. Jenna's is the same way. Maya's was kind of eh even though I liked the characters. Eaton's had potential but was way too short (lol). Ilish's, eh.

It has to be Lucas's final part. It was probably the most eventful part of this chapter. My favorite moment though, that is somewhere else. It's that scene where John and Daghan part. It was so perfectly written. That one line.

My favorite part? Oh boy...oh boy...hm...hm...hm...I have to say it has to be when Butterfly is Mullendore. I can't think of any that stays with as much that isn't recent memory. Maybe the alley fight in Chapter 6 (or 5?).

Another tough one. I really liked Chapter 4, 6, 7, and 8. I think? It's been a long time. Let's just say 7 just because.

Well, the characters I like dying and the ones I dislike not dying. That's a big thing. Boring stuff, that bores me surprisingly, which is mostly the POV's I don't like. It doesn't keep my interest unless they're are so really interesting characters there. Some little things bother me, like smallfolk with last names, but that doesn't really matter. Sometimes it's a little predictable, but that's usually because we notice hints that individually don't mean crap. Sometimes I forget what the characters look like. That's annoying, at least for me, and it's a problem I have when reading.

I have more to say there that I think will be edited in. I recommend, if not needed, dropping characters from POV status. Sometimes there's characters I feel that you are kind of stuck with that would be better off as secondary characters (perhaps in another storyline). See more? Butts (That's a joke. I'd prefer breasts >:)). In all seriousness, I wa-to finish this comment later.

Edit: Okay so there's a few things I excited for. House Selwyn and the Donnel. That's a big one. I think my one year anniversary of submitting him is in like a two days. What else...I'm excited for some more battles and death. Also some revenge on Lord Vyrwel and Ser Mullendore.

Well, what can I say... surprise epilogue! I knew writing wouldn't take me all that long, yet I surprised myself by actually finishing it al

• Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate them!

Wow, that's awesome! Definitely my favorite FoT fanart!

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9? In this chapter specifically... Lucas deserves a special mention. His storyline was a great balance of despair and little moments of hope, and then it ended in the most tragic way :'( Still, he had great ups and downs in this chapter, which will sadly be his last. Aside from him, I enjoyed Samuel very much in this chapter, and seeing another side of him. Jenna had some great moments, Arthur's parts were great. And finally, as a controversial choice, the Tom :D He is still an asshole, I'm sure, but I guess being around the biggest dickhead of the story makes him just seem more bearable. Anyway, he was great in that trial by combat, as sad as it is that he killed Lucas.

Who were your favourite characters in the entirety of Book 1? Damn, this one is a lot harder :D Well, I'll start off with the obvious and say Jaron. I remember being pleasantly surprised when I saw his first part as a PoV, and after that I've stayed entertained by his storyline all the way to the end of the book. The Oldtown in general was awesome! However, I think the best PoV, and arguably the main character of Book 1, was Lucas. He had a massive character development throughout the book, and while he got more cynical and depressed, he kept many of the qualities that made us root for him. Torvin and Garthon were both great. From non-PoVs I enjoyed the most Argella, Harpy, Orys Baratheon, Hjalgar, Samuel Harrington. Honestly, I could go on and on, but those will have to do for now :D

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 9? Has to be Mullendore and Petyr. Both great villains though. Aside from them... Well, Garen was quite a dickhead, and Leo York was an idiot.

Who were your least favourite characters in the entirety of Book 1? Mullendore is the real answer here. Like I said, I do enjoy him as a villain, but he has brought pain and misery to so many characters I love that he is the only one who could be at the top of my shitlist. Wolfius isn't far behind, even if we didn't see much of him towards the end. Then there are Petyr, Clayton, Rodrik Stone and Edward Anturion, to mention few of the many assholes in this book :D

Who were your favourite PoV storylines in Chapter 9? Like I said, Lucas has to be the one. I think his storyline had the most stakes and dramatic weight to it in this chapter. Many of the storylines were generally quite short in this chapter, but I liked Jaron's, even if it was more like Samuel's story. I also enjoyed Arthur tracking and eventually finding Sherryl, that was a great moment. Drent had some entertaining parts as well.

Who were your favourite PoV storylines in the entirety of Book 1? Well, I already talked about this, but the best one has to be Lucas. His storyline had perhaps the most desperate lows and satisfying highs, his development was phenomenal, and the ending was tragic yet fitting. I'm wondering who is going to be the one to fill his shoes in the next book! Then, of course, Jaron. Considering where he has been the whole book, he got off fairly easy. That said, his storyline was still very suspenseful, and it had many great moments. Very eager to see his story continue! Torvin's storyline was great, seeing him lose his hopes and become a broken and almost suicidal man by the end. Another tough loss :( Jenna had a marvelous growth as a character throughout the book, and it's interesting to see how will that continue in the next book. Kersea's storyline was also pretty great!

Who were your least favourite PoV storylines in Chapter 9? I didn't really dislike any of them, and even some that had just one part had a very interesting one part =) Maya and Samantha didn't really do much though, I guess.

Who were your least favourite PoV storylines in the entirety of Book 1? Hmm. Well Lyria never really grasped my interest that much, but she had her good moments. I considered Richard my least favorite PoV for good chunk of the book, but he is slowly growing on me. Ilish was mostly pretty forgettable, Sadie has been a bit disconnected from the rest of the story so far, and Maya's storyline felt a bit thin.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 9? The finale is the best part and best moment of Chapter 9. Aside from that, Arthur's moment with Sherryl, the fight between Harrington brothers, and Mullendore revealing his true allegiance to Garthon are all worth mentioning.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Book 1? Oh man, this isn't fair! There is way too many to choose from! :D Ah, well, Butterfly reveal has to be mentioned. Then there is the masquerade and the bloodshed that followed it. There were many great moments in the raid. The assassination attempt of King Harren. The duel between Marak and Terroma. Lucas' trial by combat. The whole epilogue, and actually the prologue too :D Ah, I'm sure I've forgotten something, but those are the ones from the top of my head.

What has been your favourite chapter in Book 1? This is hard, because they are kinda muddled in my head, can't exactly remember when did everything happen. However, from what I remember, I'd say chapters 4, 6 and 8 were my favorites.

Is there anything you disliked? Hmm, not really, I don't think. Sure, some storylines felt less gripping and impactful than others, just as some characters are more interesting than others, but I wouldn't say I disliked any of them.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Book 2? Not really, just keep doing what you're doing, it's working! =) And what comes to Book 2, obviously after that epilogue I'm looking forward to more Targaryen's and their dragons! :D

• Glad to hear you like it! This was indeed just a glimpse of the things to come and I hope to live up to the expecations in the coming chapters. When it comes to House Rosby, I slightly changed things here, as canonically, Lord Rosby knelt to Rhaenys and Meraxes instead of Aegon and Balerion, but I changed it to make for a nicer scene in the epilogue. Considering that the World of Ice and Fire was written from the perspective of a Maester three-hundred years later, I hope a bit of leeway with such smaller details can be excused :D House Stokeworth meanwhile has not surrendered yet, though Simon has a pretty good plan on how to win their support as well. All in all, it can be safe to say that they will be among the first houses to pledge their support to Aegon and House Targaryen.

Edinosaur23 posted: »

It was awesome, even if it was only a glimpse of whats coming. House Rosby and Stokeworth were indeed one of the first noblemen who surrendered to the Conqueror.

• Thank you! I haven't expected to release it that quickly either, though given that I have been very busy today, that is probably a good thing. Well, for sure it is, given that I managed to release the epilogue earlier for you to enjoy. I hope the Interlude parts will be written similarly quickly, though first the post-chapter stuff needs to be wrapped up.

Totally awesome surprise for the Sunday morning. Makes you hyped for book 2 with this Epilogue. Good job, Liquid.

• Hehe, you're on to something there :D Now you know why I haven't been able to reveal the contents of this next set beforehand. I'm glad you approve of them and I will try to send them to you as soon as possible! I surely cannot wait for your take on these characters :)

So we did get Aegon and his sisters in Book 1 after all, yay! And I have to say, it was a very good way to introduce them, and such an epic

• Congratulations Liquid for this goal!Write an entire book expecially of this lenght is not an easy achievement!

I had a conversation about this today, as I've been asked how long Book 1 is and I realized, it has to be at roughly 1700 pages in Microsoft Word. That... has gotten slightly longer than I thought :D But I feel proud, as well as very happy to get to some of the stuff in Book 2!

I suspect that you would have show Aegon reach the place that we will all know as King's landing but I admit that it was a really enjoyable read

I know it was a theory that floated around somewhere her and I had to resist the urge to outright confirm it before :D I hope it was still at least a small surprise. But in any way, the important part is that it was an enjoyable read. Truly, I couldn't have hoped for a better way to end Book 1 than with the introduction of the single most important man in the entire story.

I like that you chose the Lord of House Rosby as PoV for this epilogue since it was interesting read of his meeting with the King from his PoV

That was another thing I have planned for a long time now. Regis himself is almost entirely a character I created (though with a canonical role later in the story) and I wasn't too sure how he as a character will be received, but I am glad the events of his meeting with Aegon have been so interesting for you to read.

About Regis,will he be an epilogue only PoV or he will become a regular one?

I am afraid he will not get any more parts of his own. As an epilogue character, he is of the same tier as Maester Eaton, therefore he has official PoV status in the list, unlike the rulers of Westeros in the Interlude, but he won't become a regular PoV as Richard or Drent are.

I obviously enjoy see for the first time all the major players of House Targaryen faction and expecially the King and his wives/sisters!

Aye, those are some of the most important players of Team Targ we've seen there. Obviously, Aegon, Rhaenys and Visenya are essential, but the lord Velaryon and Celtigar are members of his still incomplete small council, whereas Quenton and Laevon hold important advisor positions. Paired with Orys and a handful of others, Aegon has some very competent people around him and that is surely going to be of use for him in the things to come.

In the end it was AWESOME how you show the dragon at the very end of the book,I must admit that if this was a real book I will now waiting impatiently the next one!

Ah, another thing I was hoping to achieve such a reaction with. I think Balerion is probably the only being that has been more highly anticipated than Aegon himself, considering that he is a terrifyingly huge dragon and you can never be wrong with these. Ever since I decided to show Aegon in the epilogue, I knew Balerion had to be the final introduced "character" for Book 1. Be assured, there's a lot coming for him in Book 2 ;)

Family problems at House Harkings eh? Will Uncle Leonard finally accept Aunt Kersea as a member of the family?We will discover that at the most viewed sitcom at Westeros! "The Harkings and Friends"

Ah yes, That Harking's Show, truly a must see :D Big trouble lies ahead for Uncle Leonard and Aunt Kersea, even if they might have to forcefully work together, given that both have the same enemy. But as you've seen there, it is not easy between them and surely won't be for a while.

Oh no...Jaron has become a drunkard like Robb! And maybe he is even lives at the expense of Ayden and Taria!

So, in short, he has become that friend, it seems, the one guy that basically leeches of his friends :D I can assure you, things are not that bad, not for Ayden and Taria at least. However, Jaron is at his lowest point right there and while not quite as down as Robb, he has become quite desperate in the two months timeskip, for reasons that are hopefully understandable.

Well,nothing surprising from Raenna PoV,even if obviously her meeting with the North King will be a really cool moment!

The King in the North! A Robb is he not, but hopefully, he is still going to be a cool character. We're going to see more of him in his Interlude, but Raenna's first part in the next chapter should show another side of him as well.

Ah!I have forgot that Kyra is going to be a new PoV for the story!I'm really curious to discover who slaughter so many man and how they will fit in Damon plans

Kyra is going to be one of several new PoV's! She, together with two others, will be characters you know from Book 1, whereas a couple of others are going to be entirely new. In her case, she might be among the characters I am the most excited to write as a PoV. Interestingly, she is one of the newest additions to the rooster plan-wise, but ever since I came up with her storyline, I don't want to miss out on it.

And Argella finally reunite with her father...just to discover that they will go to war

Yeah, and she won't like that. I mean, she is a Durrandon and not all that much against war, it's just that her father insisting on leading his armies despite being way beyond sixty years of age, that is what irks and worries her so much. But well, a Durrandon's gotta do what a Durrandon's gotta do, that goes for Argilac just as well.

In the end Ellena is going to reach Aegon camp huh? I'm curious to read of her future magical adventures!

Well, it should hold some interesting moments! Truly, Ellena will meet some interesting characters. Aegon himself of course, the people at his court, others who remained at Dragonstone, but also this mysterious ancient enemy Noelle spoke about.

Always speaking of characters that are not PoV's (and my characters) I really enjoy Harris (he was a really interesting character),Martin (RIP),Harpy,Argella,Jarow (RIP),Hackor (RIP) and between the villains Clayton(I really hope that we will see him again because he can have a very interesting character development),Edward Anturion and Petyr Vyrwell

About Clayton, he is a loose end for now. However, he is more on the unknown side of things than on the truly dead one. For now, he has lost incredibly much, his arm, the skill in his line of work that comes with it, his dignity, his position as Mullendore's top assassin, his team, the woman he loved, that will leave deep scars. We will see him again, but he might be a wholly different man by then, and not necessarily for the better.

This is easy! Vaasrand (until he is just a boring copy of Geralt) and Wolfius (until he will act as the boring psycopath that it seems just some sort of B rated villain of a superhero comic book)of course! Well,maybe I should add Kreep in this list since he seems to exist only as a mindless weapon for Wolfius,he is just like Aegon dragon (btw I noticed that you put his name in the list) without be a giant AWESOME beast!

Well, Vaasrand is in for some development in Book 2, this I promise ;) Wolfius meanwhile, well, he might not become a super deep character all of a sudden, but I can promise a twist about him and his whole nature that could actually make him more interesting to you. Expect it later in Book 2.

Since this is the last chapter of the book many of the PoV's just end their storyline so...maybe Ilish because outside discover something about Nain kingdom it seems that nothing happened to her

I'm afraid this is correct. For this, I have seriously put more work into Ilish's storyline this time. I don't yet know how well it is all going to be taken when it comes to her, but she might actually make it to a couple of favourite lists in the end with what I have in mind.

Like other readers already said I'm interested to finally see many more location in the next book and know many more new and (I hope) interesting characters,outside that I'm curious to know what happened to Dimitri and Clayton,see characters that have a really minor role (like Lawsen and Magnus ) be more developed and how you will start the War

Ah, I hope I will be able to develop these characters as well. Magnus had a larger role planned, but Ilish's storyline took a different turn unfortunately. But he is still around and I know how to utilize him better this time. Lawsen meanwhile, he will be essential to stir Ilish into the direction I want her to be, so I guess he is going to be more important for sure.

About giving advices I obviously suggest you to never put anymore too many PoV's in the same location (15+ was really an abnormal number), show battles between armies when will be needed and don't feel ashamed to make "good" people fight and even kill each other (because during the war there will probably chances where it is not important who you are but the colour of your banner);outside that I hope that in the villain side the next book will be less Mullendore centric (TOO many people want him dead) and that you will give more relevance to other villains (like Petyr and Devrin,the other two members of his alliance,Anturion family,the pirate King and maybe even some new villains leaving aside of course all Westeros rulers)

Yeah, that was a one-time thing only. There might be situations with a couple of PoV's in the same location, but likely never more than three/four at the same time. Some PoV's are still going to be in Raylansfair in the next chapter, but many will have left by the time Chapter 2 starts. The coming war is also going to make things more grey. Some currently good guys might be forced to fight other good guys, sympathetic characters forced to kill other sympathetic characters and so on. War does that sort of stuff, especially with PoV's among every faction. When it comes to the villains, the number of people with a grudge on Mullendore won't get any smaller, but new villains will receive development. Harren Hoare is going to be a much more present character and threat this time, we're going to learn more about Petyr and Devrin, the Anturion's will make their move and new storylines obviously require their own villains. There is Noelle's enemy, who is certainly not a very nice guy, Abbas and Bakr will obviously be villains for Janae's storyline and among those down the road are some colourful villainous characters. Be assured, your wish will be very much granted, but at the same time, be careful just what you wish for >:)

In the end I want to give you my thanks for this story (because I always found it an enjoyable read) and to be an author that always answer and be part of the conversation with his readers

And well, I want to thank you in return! I love conversation with the readers, it is hands down the best thing about the entire story for me, as much fun as the writing process itself is. Your thoughts about each part are highlights and I love commenting on them and on others. I look forward for this conversation about future plotlines in the things to come.

Extra section:

Postponed until the ending of the Interlude

Ooooh, what is this? An extra section, that makes me curious. It seems I have to finish the Interlude as quickly as possible to find out =)

Congratulations Liquid for this goal!Write an entire book expecially of this lenght is not an easy achievement! About the epilogue:

• Chapter 9, the way that it was set up, didn't have me change my opinions on characters too much. It was just kind of there. So, this list is kind of small. It's not to say there aren't other characters I like, but this chapter didn't really do anything for them. Samantha, John Gutten, Lucas Flowers (gone, but never forgotten), Arthur Nathamer, Saerya (thanks for your help), Alan Harking, Ser Daghan Oxus, Ser Orys Baratheon, Princess Argella Durrandon, and of course the noble Ser Leonard Constantine.

Yeah, a big part of this chapter was preparing for the next book. I still hope to have shown some different sides about a couple of characters, but all in all, it was mostly wrapping up some existing stuff. I am glad to see some names such as Samantha, who had a really small storyline, or Alan, who is, well, probably not the character that is the easiest to like. Very interesting to see you like him :)

Think that's a lot of characters? Well, there's more, but these are my favorites.

That... is a lot of characters, wow! I won't comment on all of them, or else I'd still be writing that comment in a week from now, but I am happy to hear that so many have managed to win your favour. And again, some names I have never expected to see there. I mean, Trymon Brune, Ulaf, Gabin, Davith, Behara and the likes. Or characters such as Jaylon, the Burned Man, Harpy, Quent or Alan, whom, if I remember correctly, have initially been among your least favourites at some point. I loved writing them all and I am glad you have enjoyed them so much! Since this in turn makes me very happy, here's a little hint. Among this super big list of your favourites are, coincidentally, all three introduced characters that will receive a PoV status at some point in Book 2 ;)

Now, for some of the favourites you mentioned:

Vaasrand of Lys. Maybe we'll get Derik Selwyn and Vaasrand in a buddy cop show?

Vaasrand, ah! It is good to see that he is not universally disliked. A buddy cop show between him and Derik Selwyn, that would be quite something. Well, they have some shared interests, so if they meet up, I could totally see them actually bonding over these.

Lord Hobert Lowther. WHERE IS HE?

Back at his castle of Mander's Mouth, safe and sound. However, he also feels humiliated, quite angered and thrice screwed over. A proud man such as him won't take this easy and you surely haven't seen the last of him.

Ser Leonard Constantine. Leonard the Stately. Leader of men, killer of men. It's been a long time buddy. Let's keep it up. Seriously though, emotional connection with this guy for the 2+ years. I feel for ya.

Leonard is probably the one character I am the most happy you managed to save with your choices. He had a chance of dying if Jenna would have screwed up by picking the wrong plan to follow. In that case, well, alternative choices. But truly, with the deaths of Lucas and Torvin, Leonard is among the longest living and most developed characters in the story right now and he has not reached the end of his road yet :)

Jenna Harking. This is the entire book, and she was for most of it. Frankly I wish she kind of died.

I admit, this was one of the situations I splitted the questions into Chapter 9 and Book 1. I knew that in its entirety, Jenna is likely still among your least favourites, even if more recent developments might have given you at least a somewhat more neutral opinion on her. True enough, I don't spot her among your list of least favourites for Chapter 9. I doubt you're ever going to be a fan of hers, but perhaps she can remain on a neutral level.

Kersea Catelins. No explanation needed. For the majority of this book this one has been in a pain in the ass.

Same situation as with Jenna. That be said, her role is going to change drastically in Book 2. In Book 1, she has been this forced, reluctant villain for most of the time. Now freed from Clayton, she might actually win some sympathies. Just like with Jenna, I don't really think you're ever going to praise her greatly, but she's arguably in a better position to change opinions.

Lyria Mettel. If I ate her like Wolfius I would puke her out afterwards.

Well, to be fair, though I don't share your hatred for Lyria, if I'd literally eat her, then I am sure I'd puke as well. Long Pork is surely not my favourite type of meat.

Well, the characters I like dying and the ones I dislike not dying. That's a big thing. Boring stuff, that bores me surprisingly, which is mostly the POV's I don't like. It doesn't keep my interest unless they're are so really interesting characters there. Some little things bother me, like smallfolk with last names, but that doesn't really matter. Sometimes it's a little predictable, but that's usually because we notice hints that individually don't mean crap. Sometimes I forget what the characters look like. That's annoying, at least for me, and it's a problem I have when reading.

When it comes to the smallfolk with last names, that is probably the one thing that is the most clashing with the Ice and Fire canon. It's a direct consequence of the character submission, as most of the readers give their characters last names because it sounds better. Raenna Minsworth is more catchy than just Raenna. Drent Golton would lose something if his name would be just Drent. I think with the stonger focus on smallfolk in the story, it is a good decision design-wise, though I myself am slightly conflicted about it. When it comes to the characters looks, I hope the wiki, once it is finally done, is going to help with that, containing descriptions of appearances and WildlingKing's drawings very easily accessible. And well, when it comes to the things being predictable, I occasionally like that. Perhaps not blatantly obvious, but predictable in a way that I give some hints that can be picked up if spotted. You have a habit of spotting some hints I never thought anyone would see, so in turn you guess right more often than not. It's actually a good thing, really.

I have more to say there that I think will be edited in. I recommend, if not needed, dropping characters from POV status. Sometimes there's characters I feel that you are kind of stuck with that would be better off as secondary characters (perhaps in another storyline). See more? Butts (That's a joke. I'd prefer breasts >:)). In all seriousness, I wa-to finish this comment later.

Well, that will be hard to do in Book 2, with every PoV likely needing the spotlight in every chapter they appear. I agree, some PoV's in Book 1 have been mostly there at times to show you that yes, this character is still around as well (looking at you, Ilish!), but that will change in Book 2. We'll see. I'll keep your thoughts in mind, so thanks a lot for bringing these points up!

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9? Chapter 9, the way that it was set up, didn't have me change my opinions on characters t

• In this chapter specifically... Lucas deserves a special mention. His storyline was a great balance of despair and little moments of hope, and then it ended in the most tragic way :'( Still, he had great ups and downs in this chapter, which will sadly be his last. Aside from him, I enjoyed Samuel very much in this chapter, and seeing another side of him. Jenna had some great moments, Arthur's parts were great. And finally, as a controversial choice, the Tom :D He is still an asshole, I'm sure, but I guess being around the biggest dickhead of the story makes him just seem more bearable. Anyway, he was great in that trial by combat, as sad as it is that he killed Lucas.

Lucas is perhaps the most crushing storyline for me. He won't be the last PoV death by any means (and the next might be closer than you hope), but his was more tragic than Marak's (who provoked it), Lyria's (who was just not as big a character) or Torvin's (for whom it was almost what he wanted). This constant offering of hope before crushing it again, for good at last, that might have made for a memorable chapter, but I will miss him terribly :( But well, I am glad that you don't hate the Tom for this now. He has other things he can be hated for, but this trial by combat was actually meant to improve the opinion on him for being so strangely honourable when his masters lack even common decency.

Damn, this one is a lot harder :D Well, I'll start off with the obvious and say Jaron. I remember being pleasantly surprised when I saw his first part as a PoV, and after that I've stayed entertained by his storyline all the way to the end of the book. The Oldtown in general was awesome! However, I think the best PoV, and arguably the main character of Book 1, was Lucas. He had a massive character development throughout the book, and while he got more cynical and depressed, he kept many of the qualities that made us root for him. Torvin and Garthon were both great. From non-PoVs I enjoyed the most Argella, Harpy, Orys Baratheon, Hjalgar, Samuel Harrington. Honestly, I could go on and on, but those will have to do for now :D

I said this before, but it is great to see that Jaron has been written to your satisfaction so far. I hope to continue this in Book 2, as much as the events around him might be far from enjoyable for himself. And Lucas, yeah, he was the main character. The biggest PoV and the one I found the hardest to kill off. He also had some of the most fascinating development and I was glad to be able to write him in this direction.

Mullendore is the real answer here. Like I said, I do enjoy him as a villain, but he has brought pain and misery to so many characters I love that he is the only one who could be at the top of my shitlist. Wolfius isn't far behind, even if we didn't see much of him towards the end. Then there are Petyr, Clayton, Rodrik Stone and Edward Anturion, to mention few of the many assholes in this book :D

Understandable choices. Mullendore certainly won't slow down anytime soon, not as long as his goals are not reached. In retrospect, I kind of miss not doing more with pre-Butterfly Mullendore, back when some of you might actually considered him an okay fellow. Would have made the twist all the more memorable :D

Well, I already talked about this, but the best one has to be Lucas. His storyline had perhaps the most desperate lows and satisfying highs, his development was phenomenal, and the ending was tragic yet fitting. I'm wondering who is going to be the one to fill his shoes in the next book! Then, of course, Jaron. Considering where he has been the whole book, he got off fairly easy. That said, his storyline was still very suspenseful, and it had many great moments. Very eager to see his story continue! Torvin's storyline was great, seeing him lose his hopes and become a broken and almost suicidal man by the end. Another tough loss :( Jenna had a marvelous growth as a character throughout the book, and it's interesting to see how will that continue in the next book. Kersea's storyline was also pretty great!

When it comes to Lucas' role, I doubt there will be a single character filling his shoes. He deserves to remain the only truly central protagonist FoT ever had. Others will rise to high and important roles, or remain there in some cases, but they have to share the spotlight. With Jaron, well, he got off fairly easy means he's the only original PoV still alive for now :D I think the amount of times he got nearly killed has been so high that he has still been through almost as much as the other PoV's, who only have an advantage over him on account of dying. But his Book 2 storyline should not slow down there. His next chapter will give you an idea for where his journey will lead him :)

Hmm. Well Lyria never really grasped my interest that much, but she had her good moments. I considered Richard my least favorite PoV for good chunk of the book, but he is slowly growing on me. Ilish was mostly pretty forgettable, Sadie has been a bit disconnected from the rest of the story so far, and Maya's storyline felt a bit thin.

Now, Ilish should become way less forgettable in Book 2. I must avoid too specific hints, but you in particular could find a reason to be invested in her storyline ;) With Sadie, she will remain disconnected from the others, but less so. She and her struggles should also hopefully be interesting enough to make up for this lack of relevance in other storylines. Before the end though, we'll see her playing a big role in other storylines.

Oh man, this isn't fair! There is way too many to choose from! :D Ah, well, Butterfly reveal has to be mentioned. Then there is the masquerade and the bloodshed that followed it. There were many great moments in the raid. The assassination attempt of King Harren. The duel between Marak and Terroma. Lucas' trial by combat. The whole epilogue, and actually the prologue too :D Ah, I'm sure I've forgotten something, but those are the ones from the top of my head.

Hah, now you know how I feel! Well, you probably did before, but now you know it again! Seriouly though, these are a numbr of moments I myself have enjoyed greatly and I am glad I am far from alone there =)

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9? In this chapter specifically... Lucas deserves a special mention. His storyline was a great

• This is a hard question as always for me because I enjoyed reading just about every single one! I'm a bit partial to Drent and Argella however just because of Jax(RIP) but Leonard grew on me this go round. It probably has something to do with the fact that he's sort of getting back to himself after everything that has happened. I also really liked Daghan and the Targ crew in general! Tallian from the Rock is also a personal favorite.

I expected Drent and Argella in your case =) Still happy to see them there, as they will remain central in Book 2, hopefully they will continue to entertain you even without Ser Jax. The one that is a true surprise to me is Tallian here. I never thought people would enjoy him this much and I am glad he found some fans in you and others!

*At this is a bit easier ha! I still have to go with Maya, I just still have a tough time connecting with her for some reason. Harlan Tyrell just annoys me for reasons you know Liquid (=p), and of course Butterfly is Butterfly. I'm going to go head and stick the next question in here as well and keep it with Maya. I'll also add in Garen, the goofball. *

I do hope Maya will be more enjoyable to you next book! I always like writing her, but feel she has a lot more potential than I am using right now. Harlen Tyrell though, well, he is unlikely to grow on you anytime soon. He's a pretty despicable guy all around. Garen is also hard to like, but some might find his blatant selfishness and harsh attitude refreshing. If you don't find these somewhat endearing, well, don't expect him to change anytime soon.

This is going to be a weird answer but the entire fight over Raylansfair and Jax's death. It was heartbreaking don't get me wrong but it just felt so right and the shockwaves as I thought about what ripples it will make all the way in the Stormlands was really cool to imagine for one of my characters. Other than that I have to add in the scene inside the Keep of Raylansfair with Argella and Butterfly.

Aye, Jax' death was one scene I was very pleased to see these reactions. He was a well-liked character in the end and his death will continue to be felt in the next book, as Argella and her soldiers make their way back to Storm's End, where his sons are waiting. I feel bad for taking him away so early, given how much of the story remains and I know how much that particular aspect sucks, but the least I can do is to make his death truly matter.

Losing my one character hurt a bit just because I didn't have any others but surprisingly I had no issue with continuing to follow with chewed fingernails with how immersed in every other storyline in the book I was!

Good, very good. It is something I am always a bit concerned about, but it is nice to hear the other storylines have still captivated you. I also know I failed to make good on my promise to introduce Kasyn in the last part of Chapter 9, but ultimately, it felt wrong to introduce any new characters in Lucas' final moments. Instead, you can expect him in Mern's Interlude, the very next story part I will write ;)

Chaosjester posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9? This is a hard question as always for me because I enjoyed reading just about every single

• Petyr Vyrwel, I know it's gonna be an unpopular choice but I love that guy haha. And dare I say, The Tom. He really impressed me after that trial of combat.

Ah, you sure like some villains there! Very good, that is something else and something I am quite happy with. It's a good thing that not everyone is mentioned just the same characters, even if some universal favourites are equally great to see.

Harris Flowers, I was always Team Harris and it's sad to see him go. And also Argella. As for the dead, there's obviously Alysanne, and I remembered liking Martin quite a bit. IMO, he's a better Leonard than Leonard (They both filled the role of the bro for Jaron and Lucas respectively).

Team Harris, I am sorry for killing him off :( And Martin, he is one who died so long ago, this makes me happy to see that he left an impact with you!

Edrick's story picked up, which was awesome. And obviously the two central characters of the story, Lucas and Jaron.

When it comes to Edrick, he is definitely not going to slow down anytime soon. Big events are on the horizon for him and his companions in their new surroundings at the Codd's keep. Jaron meanwhile, he shouldn't get boring either, even if his next chapter might actually be relatively calm compared to the rush of events from his recent couple of chapters.

Drent? I felt like he didn't get that much to do, things should pick up for him back in the Stormlands though.

Well, he himself hasn't done too much. The first half of his chapter was Argella stealing the spotlight, as she always does when she's around. Second half was him and Garen tying up the loose end Ian Shortwood, which might not be the most anticipated storyline of Book 1 for many readers. Yet it was very important for the development I have planned for Ian in Book 2, so it was a necessary and hopefully still ultimately enjoyable confrontation.

Trial of Combat of course, I say this so much but truly you've blown me away with this part. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I haven't felt this riled up reading a book in quite a while.

Oh, thank you. Thank you very much, this is one of the best compliments I have received for writing FoT. I never tried to compete with any actual books written by professionals, but it's comments like this that only reassure me in my wish to one day maybe do just that.

When Jaron and co. got wrecked by Butterfly, that was a great moment. With so many character deaths too, that was the first time I think I felt that no one was truly safe. And Lighthouse fight and Samuel-Ryder confrontation and the trial by combat I'd say.

I hope to continue this, proving to you that no character is safe. Well, some are, I know them and I know that some of the protagonists will survive the entire story, probably even some of those you'd expect. However, far from all. Some deaths among the line will be unexpected and though I doubt there will ever be a chapter as bloody as the raid, there should be other parts containing complete massacres. The perks of having hundreds of characters to work with :D

First of all, so hyped for Essos and the rest of Westeros, instead of it being mainly centered in the Reach. And I'm always an advocate for more blood, so bring it on. I am anticipating the day the deceased list surpass the characters waiting to be introduced list.

This day shall come! Unlike the Deceased list, the Waiting list should shrink eventually, massively so at some point. A day may come where the list of Deceased characters surpasses those that are waiting to be introduced, but it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the Age of... ahem, sorry, got carried away a little bit there :D Fact is, this day will come, but it might still be some time. But your wish might be granted in the end.

DiverseGnu posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9? Petyr Vyrwel, I know it's gonna be an unpopular choice but I love that guy haha. And dar

• Marak, Terroma... both gone, but they were giving this warm and cheerful vibe at most times. I also enjoyed the last stage of Alysanne presence, when we were able to see her change. Such pity she died... at first hated, then redeemed in my eyes.

They were indeed cheerful characters, at times even light-hearted, at least until Chapter 7 where they have been much darker and they will be missed. Similarly, Alysanne. I cannot tell you how much I miss her, because love her or hate her, she has been a strong character and underwent quite a unique change over her time in the story.

Look up. As for the addition with POVs, I still don't feel much interest with Edrick storyline. Thought it will change but nah. Maya's and Sadie's luckily grew in my eyes, especially at the end.

With Edrick, I cannot promise anything, but he should be in for some interesting parts in Book 2. I do hope that he will grow on you, maybe not right away but slowly over the course of several chapters. If your opinion on him changes, let me know :)

Hm, for sure all those emotional ones. The raid in general, the Lighthouse confrontation, Mullendore-Argella meeting, when she got slapped. Saving Lucas by Argella, just to loose him after that... eh. It was the last Chapter, right? Timespan of the book is pretty long, so I am not following what happened which Chapter, sorry about that.

Well, most of these have been from this Chapter 9. The raid and lighthouse stuff happened in Chapter 8, but everything you mentioned after that has been this chapter. And I feel you there, I have this problem myself, though I guess I ultimately still have the best overview over what happened when in the story. Really need that wiki up and running though :D

I guess I will say what I always do during this question list. Keep on doing what you are doing. You created a place for many readers to just come by, leave a real life behind and move for some minutes into the totally different universe, which brings smile, happiness, anger, sometimes tears. This feelings are all amazing, especially that caused by the interactive story written in the internet for OVER 2 years! So yeah, just go on and give us more in the incoming books. Surely I am not the only one of those awaiting for Essos, since I believe the rest of my characters will be introduced in there. As perhaps Mathea did not became favorite of many, I hope some other ones will perhaps do. Always hoped though one of my creations will became POV one day, this would be very rewarding in terms of commitment to the story I feel I presented, but seeing the list of unintroduced characters took the hope away long ago. Anyway, this was pretty crazy emotional-rollercoaster, Liquid and I am happy I was able to be a part of it. Thank you for giving us the opportunity.

Thank you, truly. I never expected to leave such effects with my readers, or to even have such wonderful readers in general, but the fact that I actually managed to cause emotions with my writing, it means a lot. And I imagine it will only grow stronger as the story continues. I hope so at least :) Essos should be a highlight in Book 2 and it will introduce at least one of your characters, though half of your unintroduced will be in Dorne and the final one... well, Westeros as well. When it comes to PoV's... the list of unintroduced characters doesn't have anything to do with this, don't be disheartened by that. All I can say is, so far only one of your characters has been introduced and only one book has been written. I know the story demands patience at times and you have shown plenty, but the last word might not have been spoken yet.

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9? Chapter 9 fav characters? Eh, so many things happened that it's really hard to decide. I

• Favorite characters in chapter 9? Arthur really grew on me this chapter. Honestly for a while I considered him to be an average character but I really like him now! Also Samuel Harrington was really enjoyable too. I really liked the focus he got in Jaron's POV. I really felt for him.

Favorite characters in book 1? Oh boy, that's a big one. There's more than likely a few I've forgotten. Number 1 is without a doubt, Alysanne. You probably know this but I really grew to love her as the story progressed. I'm still gutted about how she turned out.

Now I absolutely adore Saerya! She's so likeable and I love her relationship with Jenna.

Which brings me to Jenna. She was really great. At the start of book one she seemed destined for a tragic end, especially when she got onto Wolfius' radar. (Honestly I don't even remember why he tried to kill her in the first place.) I always liked her, despite all the hate she got from other readers. Seeing how much she's grown has really made me love her a lot more.

Now this one's a bit tricky but I really like Irving a lot as well. I think he's got the underdog appeal. He'll most likely fail but you're rooting for him anyway. He's so loveable to me and I really enjoy his somewhat complex relationship with Maya. Garthon grew on me almost immediately when he became a POV. I really enjoy him and I love that he got a bigger role after the failed assassination.

Least favorite in book one? It's a somewhat shortlist but the ones that stick out to me are Jaron, Harpy and Gregar. Now Jaron is an odd one for me. I like his story. It's really enjoyable. The Burned Man and Butterfly conflict was great but the character itself just never connected with me and my opinion of him only went downhill after he allowed Harpy to murder the fake butterfly. My reasons for disliking Harpy aqree basically the same.

Gregar however hasn't done anything that's bothered me. I just don't find him very interesting. To be fair, this could be because we don't know a lot about him. He might grow on me.

• Oh boy, that's a big one. There's more than likely a few I've forgotten. Number 1 is without a doubt, Alysanne. You probably know this but I really grew to love her as the story progressed. I'm still gutted about how she turned out.

Yes, poor Alysanne :( She is the character that changed the most from how she was originally written, by far so, because this whole thing about her achieving redemption, it grew in importance just as I continued to write her character. In a way, this was even kickstarted by the unexpected early liking you took to her, which motivated me to try and give her at least some sympathetic scenes. Judging by your opinion and others, I succeeded at that. There might never be one quite like her again and her influence will be felt in Kersea's parts in Book 2.

Which brings me to Jenna. She was really great. At the start of book one she seemed destined for a tragic end, especially when she got onto Wolfius' radar. (Honestly I don't even remember why he tried to kill her in the first place.) I always liked her, despite all the hate she got from other readers. Seeing how much she's grown has really made me love her a lot more.

Yeah, Jenna had some of the stronger development and it is nice that you like her so much! When it comes to her and Wolfius, there are two reasons. First is that Wolfius felt humiliated by Richard stepping up for Ilish in Chapter 2, back when they first met. Being a part of Clayton's group, he was later ordered to kill her, to make it seem as if Harris would silence the witnesses of his murder of Ilhan. For this, he teamed up with Kersea and even took down her target, Lady Halla, before moving on to Jenna and failing to kill her. All this really strengthened her as a character and she's in for more development in Book 2.

Now this one's a bit tricky but I really like Irving a lot as well. I think he's got the underdog appeal. He'll most likely fail but you're rooting for him anyway. He's so loveable to me and I really enjoy his somewhat complex relationship with Maya. Garthon grew on me almost immediately when he became a POV. I really enjoy him and I love that he got a bigger role after the failed assassination.

Ah, I am happy to see that Irving still has his fans. He was a character that surprised me in how likable he can be, because at least on paper he really sounds like a jerk. While writing, I noticed that he's not all that bad and it is great that some agree on this. Garthon meanwhile, he grew on me as well, to the point where he has been my favourite PoV to write on some occasions. And unlike Torvin, he still has a role to play, a big one at that, which I am very excited for :)

It's a somewhat shortlist but the ones that stick out to me are Jaron, Harpy and Gregar. Now Jaron is an odd one for me. I like his story. It's really enjoyable. The Burned Man and Butterfly conflict was great but the character itself just never connected with me and my opinion of him only went downhill after he allowed Harpy to murder the fake butterfly. My reasons for disliking Harpy aqree basically the same.

Heh, at this point I don't think you're ever going to forgive them for that :D Understandable though, it was a moment of weakness for both and on top of that seriously screwed them in the long run, due to basically being what Mullendore wanted them to do. That said, both will face new situations in Book 2 and especially in case of Harpy, there might be some moments you could find sympathetic even. I am glad you find Jaron's storyline enjoyable at least, because he is going to continue having an eventful couple of chapters in Book 2.

Gregar however hasn't done anything that's bothered me. I just don't find him very interesting. To be fair, this could be because we don't know a lot about him. He might grow on me.

Yeah, Gregar has been a bit underused. Maya's storyline in general, though she will have an important role to play in the end. Gregar himself, he has some interesting traits. He surely isn't the most deep and complex character, but I try to feature him a bit more in Book 2, so maybe he'll grow on you indeed.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Favorite characters in chapter 9? Arthur really grew on me this chapter. Honestly for a while I considered him to be an average character bu

• edited July 2017

Leonard And Ryder Harrington I guess.
    Marak,Samantha,Lucas and The great one Jax.

Intresting point is, except Samantha the all r Dead LOL

Who were your favourite PoV storylines in Chapter 9
    Arthur Nathamer and Lucas
    Edrick and Gutten
    Chapter 9 Because It is Lucas's final part
    It is Not ur fault and It is not a complain but I am sad because My character Didnt took part in this book and so on
    Shyrrels Death,King Harren's Assasination mission etc etc

• edited July 2017

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9? Ah yes, a lot of characters got to shine in this chapter. Jaron and Samuel were really excellent, with Jaron having to make some pretty difficult choices. Lucas as always, seeing him being driven into madness and guilt was amazing (I'm still in shock that you actually killed him!), Drent was pretty cool, Arthur was nice with him going under some pretty interesting development, I wonder if he will get a promotion soon. The Stormlanders are still pretty great, and lastly, The Tom really outdid himself this chapter, probably his best part out of them all.

Who were your favourite characters in the entirety of Book 1? A difficult question, there is a lot of characters I have loved, characters who changed in my opinion (for better or worse), and characters who haven't changed at all. Well for starters, Lucas hands down had the best storyline this entire book. The most emotional one and the most heavy one. He deserves to be everyone's favourite and seeing him was truly like seeing farewell to an old friend. Same can be said for Leonard! John Gutten was always cool and his company has been great. I always liked the Burned Man, Erik Inchfield and Martin Wilshire. Sad to see Harris kick the bucket but he was great none the less. Raenna has been badass since her first part and I loved her dearly along with the Old Man Terroma. The Breaker bros! DAMN IT TORVIN! REST IN PEACE BROTHER! And of course, my man, the legend Samuel Harrington, not just because hes my character, but because of how he progressed throughout the book, from a villain to an anti hero who pursues revenge, he never dropped an inch from my eyes.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 9? Well, Edrick is still here. I'm sorry, I really am, but compared to all the other characters I mentioned above, he just feels very bland. His story line in this chapter in my eyes did not improve, its just one big set up for Book 2 and I really hope his story captivates my interest. Garathon, Janea and Richard and even Maya had ONLY ONE part this chapter, and it only served as a wrap up, but it was just all very disappointing not to see more of them. And of course, the villains. Mullendore, Peter, Edward, Abbas, Bakr, Ryder. You all better watch your ass

Who were your least favourite characters in the entirety of Book 1? Again, EDRICK! Seriously, I can't stress enough how weak his story feels compared to all of the others, whenever I read an announcement about characters like Lucas, Jaron, Drent, Arthur I go like "Great! Awesome! Can't wait to read it!" but when I read its gonna be another Edrick part I go like "Oh, another part for the bland Ser Edrick, yay..." you get what I mean? I want his story to greatly improve I really do. However when there are so many better characters and storylines that are so much interesting and have higher stakes, I simply can't care for Edrick or what's happening around him. You managed for Jenna when so many people hated her and I remember these comments, and you found a solution for her by making her more of an interesting character doing an interesting role. Somehow, you need to work your magic again for Edrick just like you do with Jenna, before it becomes too late. Lyria was always meh for me until she died a good death, Mathea is just really ugh and weak, Vassrand of Lys really needs a new IP and fast, and Ilish just needs to die.

Who were your favourite PoV storylines in Chapter 9? I really can't say Jaron because he served as a pov to wrap up the revenge sidequest for Samuel, so I will say Lucas. After everything Lucas has went through, everything that he had fought for, it really shows at chapter 9 more than anything. Seeing how he was being driven to madness was really something else, and him hallucinating Lunett, Harris and etc was seriously spot on and my god his death, the way he went out was pure bad ass. Another one I really liked was Arthur, because he is hunting down the scumbags like Sherryl to make Raylansfair a better place

Who were your favourite PoV storylines in the entirety of Book 1? Without a doubt, Ser Jaron the Bastard and Ser Lucas are on the top. Ser Jaron because it shows even though he is a knight, not everything is black and white and he worked for a crime lord to fight against a war that was intense and brutal. He met interesting companions and seeing their backstories was always awesome. Ser Lucas and Ser Leonard have been on a rough adventure, they went through hell, got maimed, felt broken, failed on their quest and still they fight back to stop back Mullendore and his evil plans.

Who were your least favourite PoV storylines in Chapter 9? Pretty much everyone who only had one part in this chapter was massively disappointing. And Edrick. Its always Edrick

Who were your least favourite PoV storylines in the entirety of Book 1? Well, Lyria started off strong in the beginning but she just went down hill. Edrick has always been boring to me, I would say Sadie, but she managed to considerably to improve in the last chapters, not enough to gain my favourite spot but I'm sure she will continue to become better as the story carries on.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 9? The trial by combat, that part was incredible. I've been waiting 2 years to read the Harrington confrontation, so its no surprise it should come as a favourite. The farewell between John and his group was really sad. Lucas getting screwed over by Petyr was pissing me off and there is plenty more!

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Book 1? Every ending to each chapter. They seriously were the best parts out of the entire chapters. The Butterfly reveal, The Burned Man vs Butterfly, the rescue of Lucas, Mullendore with that devilish smile as he says he saved the day at chapter 9. They were all wonderful and a sight for sore eyes

What has been your favourite chapter in Book 1? Gotta say, Chapter 4 still is the best. 6 and 8 follow as second and third. They were just really great and all of their parts were very enjoyable and they are the highlights of Book 1 I gotta say.

Is there anything you disliked? Well like other people said before, I feel like there are too many PoVs for my liking and maximum enjoyment. Having this much really slows down the story in a bad way and its the main issue with the way its paced. If it can be limited to a lower number, I feel the pacing would go back to the way it should. Like I said before, some major characters need something interesting happen and quickly before I lose all interest and I just outright skip their parts. This chapter seriously needed more of Raenna and Garathon so it was sad to see they only get one chapter each.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Book 2? I anticipate more awesomeness. I'm really pumped for most of the PoVs next Book and how they will play out. I'm always sticking around until the finale of your trilogy and make sure I will share it with my friends who I'm sure will love this as much as I do. You provided us with something truly beautiful here, it has a lot of potential to become something even bigger and I'm certain to say that you haven't failed us once and will continue to give us a lore and story we can all enjoy. Thanks to you I'm still on the forums, reading, interacting with other users, reading their opinions and seeing how we all managed to connect over a fantastic creation. From the bottom of my heart and all of the users on the forums, thank you. Truly, your a great writer and a friend to us all. We all wish you nothing but the best in the years to come. And now it begins.

• Intresting is except Samantha the all r Dead LOL

Ah, I have a bad habit of killing off favourites, even when this is far from what I want. Sam is indeed still alive and she'll have a big storyline in Book 2, maybe gaining some important allies for her quest against Mullendore. Hopefully, others will step up to replace your deceased favourites from Book 1.

It is Not ur fault and It is not a complain but I am sad because My character Didnt took part in this book and so on

Yeah, I get that. When I join a story, there is little I love more than to see my character as quick as possible. In your case, the problem is that you are the newest reader, having joined when Book 1 was as good as over already. There simply wasn't any room. That said, I don't think you have to wait for too long to see the first of your characters introduced, there is one of yours that has a role I actually dearly need in the relatively near future :)

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9? Leonard And Ryder Harrington I guess. Who were your favourite characters in the entirety

• Ah yes, a lot of characters got to shine in this chapter. Jaron and Samuel were really excellent, with Jaron having to make some pretty difficult choices. Lucas as always, seeing him being driven into madness and guilt was amazing (I'm still in shock that you actually killed him!), Drent was pretty cool, Arthur was nice with him going under some pretty interesting development, I wonder if he will get a promotion soon. The Stormlanders are still pretty great, and lastly, The Tom really outdid himself this chapter, probably his best part out of them all.

That was what I hoped for! I knew this chapter would be a bit shorter in some storylines, but those that were long really were supposed to shine and judging by your picks, it seems I managed to do that. All of these, save for Lucas, will continue to be big characters in Book 2. In case of Arthur, well, a promotion might indeed be possible, given that he has done a solid job so far. His father never trusted him with more responsibility, but he's not around anymore, so we'll see what comes out of this.

Well, Edrick is still here. I'm sorry, I really am, but compared to all the other characters I mentioned above, he just feels very bland. His story line in this chapter in my eyes did not improve, its just one big set up for Book 2 and I really hope his story captivates my interest. Garathon, Janea and Richard and even Maya had ONLY ONE part this chapter, and it only served as a wrap up, but it was just all very disappointing not to see more of them. And of course, the villains. Mullendore, Peter, Edward, Abbas, Bakr, Ryder. You all better watch your ass

Actually, Maya and Richard had two parts ;) However, Garthon, Janae, Ellena, Raenna and Alys, they had only one and that was for good reason. The point where their storylines were supposed to end for Book 1 simply couldn't be dragged out for more and they have been at the point I wanted them to be. This chapter as a whole needed to do some wrap up, to make the two-months timeskip between the books easier for me. For that, I just haven't been able to show more of them. That said, they are all still alive and surely will be important characters in Book 2, so I hope their smaller role is not too disappointing. On top of that, keep in mind that though small, their parts have been very important. Garthon showed us Mullendore's true allegiance, Janae showed the capture of Harpy (majorly influencing Jaron's Book 2 storyline), Raenna was revealed to be alive and heading north, Ellena teamed up with Noelle and travelled to the court of Aegon, Alys learned she will meet the illusive Pirate King and so on.

Again, EDRICK! Seriously, I can't stress enough how weak his story feels compared to all of the others, whenever I read an announcement about characters like Lucas, Jaron, Drent, Arthur I go like "Great! Awesome! Can't wait to read it!" but when I read its gonna be another Edrick part I go like "Oh, another part for the bland Ser Edrick, yay..." you get what I mean? I want his story to greatly improve I really do. However when there are so many better characters and storylines that are so much interesting and have higher stakes, I simply can't care for Edrick or what's happening around him. You managed for Jenna when so many people hated her and I remember these comments, and you found a solution for her by making her more of an interesting character doing an interesting role. Somehow, you need to work your magic again for Edrick just like you do with Jenna, before it becomes too late. Lyria was always meh for me until she died a good death, Mathea is just really ugh and weak, Vassrand of Lys really needs a new IP and fast, and Ilish just needs to die.

I can understand that. The thing with Edrick is, he only had three chapters in Book 1, the shortest of them all, save for Janae who was never meant to be a big PoV presence in Book 1 and more a tease for Book 2. In his case, he spent two chapters recruiting and meeting new, important people for his quest, before finally starting his real storyline in the last chapter, with being captured by the Codd soldiers. The stakes will be very high and should lead to a spectacular finale of that storyline. Same goes for a number of smaller characters. The number I have to work with simply means I cannot give them all equally huge roles, but sooner or later, all should get their moment to shine.

Well, Lyria started off strong in the beginning but she just went down hill. Edrick has always been boring to me, I would say Sadie, but she managed to considerably to improve in the last chapters, not enough to gain my favourite spot but I'm sure she will continue to become better as the story carries on.

Lyria, well, I admit I saw little potential for her in Book 1. My original plans saw for Rosalie to die and her being driven for revenge against Wolfius, but it felt like the same storyline I have planned for Samantha or Aylard or even Ryler. So, her chapters became shorter and she ultimately died to reveal Wolfius' true, monstrous nature. Edrick and Sadie will be big presences in Book 2 and I think you should find some enjoyment out of them. I hope so at least =)

Well like other people said before, I feel like there are too many PoVs for my liking and maximum enjoyment. Having this much really slows down the story in a bad way and its the main issue with the way its paced. If it can be limited to a lower number, I feel the pacing would go back to the way it should. Like I said before, some major characters need something interesting happen and quickly before I lose all interest and I just outright skip their parts. This chapter seriously needed more of Raenna and Garathon so it was sad to see they only get one chapter each.

Hm, I know, I understand that. Unfortunately, the number of PoV's won't get all that smaller anytime soon. Instead, there are several planned who will become new PoV's. Of course, Book 2 will hold a bloody harvest among our PoV characters, but I think I'll end it with roughly the same number I start it with. Thing is, I know this is a danger, that things become slow and the like. However, there is nothing I can do about it. The only solution would be to cut down the number of submitted characters in half, close the character submission (and therefore close out any potential new reader who might be interested in the future) and then kill off a third of the PoV's I already have, meaning a lot of future things might not make sense. I can assure you, no matter how miniscule a PoV might seem at this moment, they will be important to understand things for the endgame and everyone has a role to play there. So, while I myself might enjoy less PoV's as well, mostly as it will mean that I'll get to the real awesomeness sooner, my hands are tied and will remain tied.

I anticipate more awesomeness. I'm really pumped for most of the PoVs next Book and how they will play out. I'm always sticking around until the finale of your trilogy and make sure I will share it with my friends who I'm sure will love this as much as I do. You provided us with something truly beautiful here, it has a lot of potential to become something even bigger and I'm certain to say that you haven't failed us once and will continue to give us a lore and story we can all enjoy. Thanks to you I'm still on the forums, reading, interacting with other users, reading their opinions and seeing how we all managed to connect over a fantastic creation. From the bottom of my heart and all of the users on the forums, thank you. Truly, your a great writer and a friend to us all. We all wish you nothing but the best in the years to come.

More awesomeness you will get! I have dragons at my disposal now, a legit war coming up, big things for every single PoV in the entire story, new and interesting characters to meet and kill off, brutal twists, the occasional happy moment, anything your heart desires, including a dancing bear =) I am so happy that you continue to enjoy the story in such a magnificent way. Your contributions always mean a lot and it makes me glad to have you as a reader!

And now it begins.

enter image description here

I know, I know, it won't end anytime soon, but I just couldn't resist :D

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 9? Ah yes, a lot of characters got to shine in this chapter. Jaron and Samuel were really exce

• And so ends an era. Its a mixed feeling. Sad but optimistic of the future. Its kind of impossible to truly express a single word to encompass book one. I guess 'epic' could fit but it doesn't pick up the essence of an epic. I mean there is no main hero and the closest guy dies at the end, but even then many epics do kill off the hero at the end but few continue the story afterwards. What I can say is that it was great. Great characters, good development, amazing story, It jut worked out.

I'm jus very glad we got here and did what many thought impossible. I have no doubt that even you yourself Liquid at some point thought this would not get this far. It was honesty a huge undertaking. Its even bigger now really. Oh it shouldn't be two hard, you just have to do this again......2 more times.....adding more characters that I dare to count anymore.....continuing about 40 different plots simultaneously while adding more.............Well at least you'll have our support in those nights you want to sleep but cant because the part's not done.

Well regardless. Lets look forward two the next four years. Hopefully the next one is as good if not better than the last.

• Oh, I hope the era FoT is far from over! This was a milestone, but the next book will start just where this one left off. An epic in the classical sense it might not be, but I believe I can rightfully boast that it'll have a length that can be considered epic :D True, this will be a lot of work. My relief over having finished this book is almost nonexistant, mostly because it feels more like finishing a chapter than a true book. I mean, I'll continue in the same thread, everything will stay as it is, though the story will evolve, heavily so. New characters, fitting ends for old ones, that sort of thing.
    Anyways, I am truly grateful for your support over the years! Here's to another two and a half years of writing :)

Lord_EAA posted: »

And so ends an era. Its a mixed feeling. Sad but optimistic of the future. Its kind of impossible to truly express a single word to encompas

Sign in to comment in this discussion.