Game Won't Unzip (Standalone Site Version)

I think I made the mistake of buying the game straight from telltale rather than Steam. I get a download called Guardians_Installer.zip, but when I try to open it I get an error saying the compressed folder is invalid. When I try to open it with 7-zip I get Unsupported compression method errors. Any ideas on what I can do?! Thanks so much for your time.

Comments

• I should add I did try to re-download with no success :'(

• I got a response from support saying to disable any anti-virus/firewall and try to download again. I did so, even changed browsers but same issue.

• I got it fixed! It turns out the central directory headers were corrupt/missing in the compression. I used WinZip Command Line Tool to rebuild them. This created a new zip file that I could pull the bin files from and start the installation.

• I am so sorry for bothering you, but would you mind detailing how you fixed it? I have no idea what you were talking about but I am desperate. Again, I am so sorry for just popping in but it'd mean the world to me if you helped me.

avow1337 posted: »

I got it fixed! It turns out the central directory headers were corrupt/missing in the compression. I used WinZip Command Line Tool to rebuild them. This created a new zip file that I could pull the bin files from and start the installation.

• I recommend describing this to the Support team so that they can be aware of this to prevent potential future instances of this issue for other users.

avow1337 posted: »

I got it fixed! It turns out the central directory headers were corrupt/missing in the compression. I used WinZip Command Line Tool to rebuild them. This created a new zip file that I could pull the bin files from and start the installation.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.