Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Uh I think it was Harren.He was the best for sure

Ah, I hoped for Harren to be entertaining, but never thought he could be a favourite. This is very pleasing to see such a diverse opinion.

It is Allaryn

Hehe, this is another thing I find to be particularly interesting, that Meria is your least favourite ruler, but her bodyguard is your favourite non-ruler character. Another nice surprise. Allaryn should get a lot more to do in Book 2, once the narrative moves back to the court of Sunspear.

After reading the interlude,Mostly I want too see the Dorne and the vale will be secondary

Dorne and the Vale you shall get! Dorne will be first, in Chapter 1, but once I made up my mind for these plans, I do not intend to sideline the Vale either. Hopefully, you will enjoy both of these locations :)

Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? Uh I think it was Harren.He was the best for sure Who has been your least favourite

• Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? Definitely Aegon, with Meria as a close second.

Who has been your least favourite ruler in the Interlude? Harren, but not in the sense that he's not well written, but in the sense that he's an asshole XD

Who has been your favourite non-ruler character in the Interlude? Elia Aspys, even though it's because I'm biased XD

Who has been your least favourite non-ruler character in the Interlude? Harmund Hoare, same reasons as Harren but 10 times worse.

Which part of the Interlude has been your favourite? The Harren one, coz it showed us the point of view of a villainous character and I found it very interesting.

Which part of the Interlude has been your least favourite? None, loved all the parts.

Has there been anything you disliked? Not enough Elia. XD Kidding ofc, the whole interlude was awesome!

After reading the Interludes, which region of Westeros are you looking forward for the most in Book 2? Dorne.

And with this, we reach the end of the Interlude! Seven letters have been sent and seven rulers have been shown, alongside their court, majo

• Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude?

I'd say it's probably King Argliac the Arrogant. Missed him.

Who has been your least favourite ruler in the Interlude?

Eh, let's just say Loren? I didn't really dislike anyone but I mean, I didn't really love him.

Who has been your favourite non-ruler character in the Interlude?

Hm. I like Qoherys. Seems like my kind of guy. Very interesting though, that name. Qoherys. House Qoherys. Quenton Qoherys.

Who has been your least favourite non-ruler character in the Interlude?

Harmund Hoare, if I am not messing up the name (so many H's)

Which part of the Interlude has been your favourite?

I think this last one here with the Storm King is my favorite. It was very fitting.

Which part of the Interlude has been your least favourite?

Eh, I don't know, maybe the Vale part? I didn't really dislike any of them, but I think I liked the rest more.

Has there been anything you disliked?

Maybe that most of the characters in the Letters are ones that we haven't met yet so we didn't get an update on quite a few introduced characters to give them a focus, but that's more a personal quip. I am very curious on what Wolfius is doing and where he is, but I'm sure I'll learn soon enough.

After reading the Interludes, which region of Westeros are you looking forward for the most in Book 2?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Dorne. When I saw the ending of Stormborn, I was cheering, and now I'm saying this. This Sandstorm seems very interesting. I am also curious if we will see Lord Oakheart fighting Dornishmen, due to House Oakhearts hate of them. There's also something else involving the Lord of Old Oak during Aegon's Conquest, but that's probably a Book 3 thing :).

The Vale should be far more important, and with a chapter titled "Riptide", I can't help but think of the main event of it.

Also, the Reach looks even more interesting because of the political intrigue. I wish I could make one of those bubble graphs connecting all the relationships, from friendships, alliances, to marriages and rivalries. There's House Oakheart of Old Oak, House Vyrwel of Raylansfair and of Darkdell, at least part of House Mullendore are in alliance to remove King Mern IX Gardener from power and put King Harren Hoare in charge. They have enough power to control the Northern Reach. If I recall correctly, they are close to bringing House Redwyne in their side, down at the Arbor with their fleet. They have confirmed enemies with Cregan Mullendore, the pirate king of the Stepstones Nain 'Blacksails' Anturion, Ser Leonard Constantine and his band of smallfolk, Argella Durrandon. I assume the good Lord of Mander's Mouth, ol' Hobert Lowther would not be too keen on them either. The Donnel of House Selwyn, well, he's iffy, and I'm not sure about the Hightowers, there's a ton of other houses we don't know about - the Tarlys, the Osgreys, the Webbers, the Florents, the Peakes, the Blackbars, the Merryweathers, the Inchfields, etc.

Maybe a cool little thing showing all relationships would be a fun little thing done.

Since I got you here, why not ask about the oldest names on the first row of unsubmitted list:

Normund Tavorch, Myriah Watermont, Jenelyne, Yoreen Flowers, Ribel Orkwood, Ai'sha al-Meereeni, Jeyne Redwyne

I think Yoreen was the bastard of Maron Mullendore. That's all I got.

And with this, we reach the end of the Interlude! Seven letters have been sent and seven rulers have been shown, alongside their court, majo

• Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? Torrhen probably, but Argilac is also up there. My boy Harren is great as well, so is Mern.

Who has been your least favourite ruler in the Interlude? Meria Martell, quite possibly. I'm not that big on Dorne in general, so that might be why. Not a big fan of the Targaryen's either, the man is full of arrogance. 'Bend knee or die.' This is why I can't ever like Aegon, Daenerys or any other Targaryen that are full of themselves just because they have dragons, and think they are unstoppable (which they quite possibly are, at least during AC. Daenerys... not so sure.

Who has been your favourite non-ruler in the Interlude? Most of the people over in the North. It's such a nice place.

Who has been your least favourite non-ruler character in the Interlude? Harren, I love. Harlan, I love. Harrick, I love. Harndon, I pity. Harmund... Disgusts me. He is nothing but irritating, horrible, and irritating. He's also very irritating, and annoying, and he annoys me. So I'd say Harmund on this, because he is irritating and disgusting. I would also like to add that Harmund is very irritating.

Which part of the Interlude has been your favourite? Argilac, Mern or Torrhen. Harren sadly had to much Harmund, whom is irritating.

Which part of the Interlude has been you least favourite? Miss Martell, as I stated above.

Has there been anything you disliked? Not really. Reading the chapters mostly from Kings and queens perspective was refreshing, and I liked it a lot.

After reading the Interludes, which region of Westeros are you looking forward for the mist in Book 2? North, Stormlands and Riverlands/Iron Islands. Also, the Reach will be nice to see more off.

• It's a tie between Meria and Argilac. Meria has such a distinctive personality, which was a breath of fresh air, and I can't wait to see her again in Book 2. Argilac I was already hyped for, but diving more into his thoughts about the loved ones he has lost over the years, as well as his badass boast at the end were great. That said, all the other rulers were very enjoyable to read as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing them all in Book 2! =)

It seems in this case I delivered the best right at the end. Those were some parts and rulers I was the most hyped to write and the positive reception to their characters is wonderful. Meria in particular has been a bit of an experiment, but one I liked quite well. Just, don't expect another blind PoV anytime soon XD

Hmm, I suppose the easy answer here is Mullendore, Petyr and Harmund :D Those three aside, there weren't really any newly introduced characters that managed to make bad enough impression to make me hate them. Well, I suppose Elia Aspys seemed like a pretty insufferable bitch :D

Hehe, for these three in particular, I wanted to exclude previously appearing characters, considering that they are definitely having an advantage in terms of being unlikable and doing things that actually deserve hate, as opposed to characters such as Elia, who merely got a chance at some mean-spirited snark towards Ysilla. But ah, some of the characters introduced are actually quite villainous, this I can tease. There has been at least one big villain hidden in the Interludes ;)

Probably Loren's part. It was nice to see a battle, and it did show us some interesting sides to this character, his ruthlessness and lack of mercy towards his enemies for example. That said, after all these parts he feels the most distant of the rulers to me, whereas others (even Harren) managed to make me connect with their motives a bit more. Still, not a bad part by any means :)

Ah, I can understand this, surely. Loren as shown a bit less of himself in this part, in favour of showing him leading his men. And really, he does pale in terms of sheer personality when compared to the other kings, but that is kind of his thing. He's neither particularly charismatic, nor handsome, nor has all that many particularly outstanding traits. He's reliable though, perhaps not the most flashy or talented ruler, but the most stable one by a country mile and, as far as kings go, the fact that the Rock stands behind him so united makes him actually the best of the rulers we have seen so far.

I guess it has to be Dorne, but I do have a bit of a bias there, so I'll also mention the Vale and Stormlands. Vale for the interesting political situation that was established in Sharra's part, and Stormland's for more development to the Durrandon family.

And all this you shall get! The Vale has a lot of political intrigue going on, which is also a reason for me pushing it back one chapter, because that plot will be complicated to plan XD The Stormlands will give the Durrandon's time to shine and of course, Dorne will feed your bias :D

Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? It's a tie between Meria and Argilac. Meria has such a distinctive personality, which

• I think it would be Torrhen and only because he was so exactly how I expected him to be. He's still a great character but I feel the others were a BIT more engaging and I'm sure that will change over time.

You know, this is one thing I was not too happy about myself when it comes to Torrhen. He is exactly like you'd imagine the King in the North to be. Perhaps more cold and harsh than Robb and Jon, but still a true Stark. I believe at this point, you all have seen a lot of these characters, even if I hope that he will be quite enjoyable to you when not seen from his own PoV.

Maester Qohorys, I love the idea of this Valyrian having to advise the Storm King in the upcoming conflict and the banter between Argillac and him was rather hilarious. I like that this Maester isn't afraid to talk to someone this powerful and shrink away.

That is another important aspect of Qoherys' personality. He is quite a brave man and definitely not afraid to talk back at his king. In the current situation, a man like him is the best Maester Argilac could hope for, someone who matches his own ferocity. That and his unique situation about being a Valyrian and serving the faction opposed to the last remnants of Valyria.

Harmund for sure. But he has his uses as stated as a military general. I look forward to seeing his death though. :D

His death, you say? Ah, but are you sure he is going to die? Maybe he fakes his death, goes into hiding and gets a completely undeserved happy ending ;)

The reach 100% for Kasyn reasons, and for the fact that it's a central place for the conflict upcoming. I think the Reach overall is going to have a ton of action and progress the story quite a bit. Plus, Kasyn. But I have to be honest, I can't WAIT for some Essos stories.

I have the sliiight feeling you might be hyped for Kasyn's storyline right there :D Seriously though, I myself cannot wait to show more of him in Book 2. And of course, Essos. It will be huge, if perhaps not as important as Westeros. We'll see many PoV's there and in fact, a whole new PoV set in Qarth will first appear in Chapter 2 ;)

Chaosjester posted: »

Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? I think I'm going to go with Mern AND Lorn. I love seeing that start of their Alliance

• Harren the Black!! He's for sure not my favorite person, but the way he's been portrayed in the interlude is so interesting.

Another unexpected pick. I thought many to name Harren as their least favourite on account of him being definitely the least likable, but I am happy this is not the case. While surely a monster in his own right, I am happy I managed to make him so interesting to you. I hope to expand on these moments in Book 2.

The Hornwood and Dustin that were with Torrhen Stark. I don't know, they seem interesting to me.

Ah, two other picks that surprised me, as I was afraid I used Harrold and Eon a bit too little in the Interlude. They had to share the screen with a great many characters, so I tried to make the best out of this. Glad you enjoyed them. Their antics should definitely make for an enjoyable aspect in Book 2 as well!

The Buckler who's trying to court Argella. He seems very full of himself.

And he is, aye. Bernard is a cocky person and definitely not the most classically likable of the three suitors. At the same time, it will be this arrogance that will make for the most interesting interaction with the equally arrogant Argella.

Nope, these interludes were awesome. And it's so nice to see so many canon houses pop up, I have to admit, I do get a little bothered by all the random lowborn with surnames.

Yeah. Time and again, this is something I should have handled differently. At the same time, this would have probably meant everyone would submit custom noble houses and that would have been even more a pain. So, it is a change from the canon I deem acceptable and sadly necessary. I hope it won't distract from the importance of the canon houses though.

Ahhh, now this is difficult. If I were to choose one, I think it'll have to be the Vale? Because the Vale is a region that has always been underused, even in canon imo.

I agree with you. I fully agree with you there, the Vale has never receive the spotlight it deserves in canon. I hope to make up for it with the Vale storyline in Book 2, which I am excited for. At the same time, it will be a complicated storyline, so I had to push it back to Chapter 2, in favour of Dorne, which will be initially a bit more simple, before really delving into courtly intrigue starting with Chapter 4.

DiverseGnu posted: »

Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? Harren the Black!! He's for sure not my favorite person, but the way he's been portra

• Definitely Aegon, with Meria as a close second.

Though technically, he has been part of Book 1 and not the Interlude, I'd say he counts. Aegon's influence has been felt in each of the last seven parts and he is perhaps the most crucial character for the grander FoT storyline to come.

Elia Aspys, even though it's because I'm biased XD

As I said above, I cannot blame you :D I liked writing this little glimpse of Elia as well, even if I must be honest, there are other characters out of the ones you have submitted I am looking forward for even more.

The Harren one, coz it showed us the point of view of a villainous character and I found it very interesting.

It was actually this one that made me yearn for a legit villain PoV. In the books, we have Cersei and arguably Victarion, the show gave Ramsay a much more prominent role as something akin to a PoV, but FoT is a bit lacking on this end. Who knows, maybe I will get a chance later on, even if there are currently no plans into this direction.

Not enough Elia. XD Kidding ofc, the whole interlude was awesome!

Hehe, if it is more Elia you desire, more Elia you shall get. With Dorne being moved one chapter earlier than I initially planned, I can confirm she will even have a small presence in the next one, but the main role for her will start when the court of Sunspear getting a true storyline of its own in Chapter 4.

Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? Definitely Aegon, with Meria as a close second. Who has been your least favourite rul

• Normund Tavorch, Myriah Watermont, Jenelyne, Yoreen Flowers, Ribel Orkwood, Ai'sha al-Meereeni, Jeyne Redwyne

Leaving aside Yoreen Myriah Watermont is a character that was mentioned in the Dorne PoV while Jeyne Redwyne is a member of the same House that,like you mentioned,the Mullendore-Vyrwell-Oakheart alliance (expecially the last family) is interested to strenghten ties

Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? I'd say it's probably King Argliac the Arrogant. Missed him. Who has been your lea

• Meria Martell, quite possibly. I'm not that big on Dorne in general, so that might be why. Not a big fan of the Targaryen's either, the man is full of arrogance. 'Bend knee or die.' This is why I can't ever like Aegon, Daenerys or any other Targaryen that are full of themselves just because they have dragons, and think they are unstoppable (which they quite possibly are, at least during AC. Daenerys... not so sure.

Well, the Targaryen's are indeed arrogant to a fault. Aegon does have some altruistic motives in genuinely believing that a unified continent will be for the best (which it probably actually is), but he also wishes to leave a legacy for his house, to give them greatness instead of the gradual decline they have suffered after the Doom of Valyria. In a way, he does what any good ruler would do, he has the means, he has the ambition, so he acts out on it. That being said, his claim on the Seven Kingdoms is nonexistant, so he is truly a foreign invader, even more than Dany, who at least has some tiny semblance of a birthright, thanks to Aegon and his conquest.

Harren, I love. Harlan, I love. Harrick, I love. Harndon, I pity. Harmund... Disgusts me. He is nothing but irritating, horrible, and irritating. He's also very irritating, and annoying, and he annoys me. So I'd say Harmund on this, because he is irritating and disgusting. I would also like to add that Harmund is very irritating.

Well, it seems Harmund slightly irritates you. Hehe, this is true. He is full of shit, a character whom I myself loathe. At the same time, I love to write someone as unapologetically horrible as him. He's one of the biggest villains in the story in terms of sheer villainy, so that makes him disgusting, despicable and everything I can ask for in a character you can focus to hate. Love to hate is probably the best thing that can be achieved with him and even then, he might be too far gone for that as well.

North, Stormlands and Riverlands/Iron Islands. Also, the Reach will be nice to see more off.

Hm, at least when it comes to the Iron Islands, you'll have to wait a little longer. They will appear, but not in Book 2. First, I will focus on the Ironborn in the Riverlands and plenty of them will appear there. The Islands themselves will have a role to play though, before the end comes.

captainivy1 posted: »

Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? Torrhen probably, but Argilac is also up there. My boy Harren is great as well, so is Me

• Maybe that most of the characters in the Letters are ones that we haven't met yet so we didn't get an update on quite a few introduced characters to give them a focus, but that's more a personal quip. I am very curious on what Wolfius is doing and where he is, but I'm sure I'll learn soon enough.

Ah, there will be this update very soon, trust me. The Interlude was to focus on the rulers, most of which have not been seen before. Meanwhile, the characters you are familiar with will receive spotlight again in Book 2. This Interlude had to focus on different situations and locations, but the events there will affect quite a number of established protagonists. Wolfius, well, there will be a tiny break from him as I focus on other aspects of the Raylansfair storyline, but be assured, he is still out there, waiting, healing and nurturing quite the grudge.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Dorne. When I saw the ending of Stormborn, I was cheering, and now I'm saying this. This Sandstorm seems very interesting. I am also curious if we will see Lord Oakheart fighting Dornishmen, due to House Oakhearts hate of them. There's also something else involving the Lord of Old Oak during Aegon's Conquest, but that's probably a Book 3 thing :).

Hehe, it was pretty similar here. I loathe show Dorne and am relatively indifferent towards book Dorne, so the end of Stormborn was amazing for me. At the same time, it left me with a sour taste, because Dorne is one of the regions I am the most excited for myself. The Sandstorm will be a big part of it, probably the main event for Dorne itself. And well, Oakheart himself does indeed hate the Dornish. We'll see if he gets a chance to act out on this hatred. The event you hint at, it will happen in Book 3. Anything else is too early for that. And well, Lord Oakheart will take a part of this, this much I can say.

The Vale should be far more important, and with a chapter titled "Riptide", I can't help but think of the main event of it.

Well, this is certainly a justified speculation. You might indeed get to see something like that. I mean, at some point you definitely will and time-wise, it might be the right moment. That being said, Riptide will be a huge chapter in general and afterwards just about nothing is ever going to be as it has been before.

Also, the Reach looks even more interesting because of the political intrigue. I wish I could make one of those bubble graphs connecting all the relationships, from friendships, alliances, to marriages and rivalries. There's House Oakheart of Old Oak, House Vyrwel of Raylansfair and of Darkdell, at least part of House Mullendore are in alliance to remove King Mern IX Gardener from power and put King Harren Hoare in charge. They have enough power to control the Northern Reach. If I recall correctly, they are close to bringing House Redwyne in their side, down at the Arbor with their fleet. They have confirmed enemies with Cregan Mullendore, the pirate king of the Stepstones Nain 'Blacksails' Anturion, Ser Leonard Constantine and his band of smallfolk, Argella Durrandon. I assume the good Lord of Mander's Mouth, ol' Hobert Lowther would not be too keen on them either. The Donnel of House Selwyn, well, he's iffy, and I'm not sure about the Hightowers, there's a ton of other houses we don't know about - the Tarlys, the Osgreys, the Webbers, the Florents, the Peakes, the Blackbars, the Merryweathers, the Inchfields, etc.

Hehe, the Reach intrigue has definitely grown big enough to justify such a thing. Would be useful and very interesting, but sadly, I cannot do it either on account of not knowing how XD The Mullendore-Vyrwel-Oakheart alliance controls a good portion of the northern Reach on their own. They are interested in allying with Redwyne, but it is currently unclear if such an alliance is possible, how the Redwyne's stand towards their king and what the conspirators have to pay for a possible alliance. They have enemies though. House Mullendore of Uplands does not trust Maron. House Lowther stands against them. Argella and Leonard have nothing but utmost hatred for them. Blacksails has a grudge against Butterfly for driving him out of Oldtown, but currently does not seem to know about Mullendore's secret. And well, I surely hope the Nain 'Blacksails' Anturion theory won't be the beginning of FoT's very own Benjen=Euron=Daario theory XD When it comes to the noble houses of the Reach, it remains to be seen how they stand in this conflict. Out of these names, I can confirm you're going to see Tarly and Florent for sure, as characters for both have been submitted. Inchfield meanwhile, this is a house that does not yet exist in my own canon. Either Erik Inchfield form Jaron's storyline or his currently unintroduced brother Gerald will father the man that is eventually going to start the house though. Currently, they are commoners, not yet a knightly house.

Since I got you here, why not ask about the oldest names on the first row of unsubmitted list:

Alright, I can give you some updates there, at least a couple basic stuff for each name:

Normund Tavorch

A commoner from the Riverlands, serving at the Codd's castle. He is going to be first shown in the next chapter.

Myriah Watermont

She has been mentioned as the owner of a brothel in the shadow city beneath the castle of Sunspear and a contact of Meria's spymistress Absidee of Lys. Due to Dorne appearing in Chapter 1, she will first appear there.

Jenelyne

A dornish caravan guard, together with her brother, both of whom will appear in a small role in the next chapter.

Yoreen Flowers

Maron's only acknowledged bastard son, to appear somewhere in Book 2.

Ribel Orkwood

Salt Wife to Reymand Orkwood, Lord of Orkwood and sycophant at Harren's court. Previously engaged to her childhood sweetheart Gabin Strad, who has since entered Orkwood's service to be close to her, in the hopes to save her. She was also his motivation to join Edmyn Tully's conspiracy and to flee when things went downhill.

Ai'sha al-Meereeni

As the name implies, she is a business partner of Abbas and Bakr. Sadly, she has been submitted too late to appear alongside them and as a result, she is still chilling in Meereen. This makes her without any doubt the character that will be introduced the last out of this list.

Jeyne Redwyne

One of Lord Redwyne's daughters, currently seeking for a good match. She will accompany a PoV whose point of first introduction is highly undecided upon yet and could be either in the late Book 2 or the early Book 3.

Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? I'd say it's probably King Argliac the Arrogant. Missed him. Who has been your lea

• Hehe, it was pretty similar here. I loathe show Dorne and am relatively indifferent towards book Dorne, so the end of Stormborn was amazing for me. At the same time, it left me with a sour taste, because Dorne is one of the regions I am the most excited for myself. The Sandstorm will be a big part of it, probably the main event for Dorne itself. And well, Oakheart himself does indeed hate the Dornish. We'll see if he gets a chance to act out on this hatred. The event you hint at, it will happen in Book 3. Anything else is too early for that. And well, Lord Oakheart will take a part of this, this much I can say.

I'm watching episode 3 tonight, but from a spoiler YouTube clip name I think I will continue to rejoice. All hail King Euron Greyjoy! After they ruined Stannis (whose sacrifice of Shireen was absolute character assassination, but ironically apparently allowed the success of the Starks afterward) I'm done with stuff and King Euron is the way to go. Oh, the series would be so different if Robb wasn't a moron and declared for Stannis and Renly didn't try to become a king. The realm would be so much better. At least I still have Bronn (but I'm scared for him).

It's a real shame the show Dorne is crap. There's so much visual appeal in the desert that is wasted. Hopefully one of the prequel shows is Aegon's Conquest and the First Dornish War because I really want to see on screen the burning of stuff (besides Harrenhal) in the beauty of the desert.

Well, this is certainly a justified speculation. You might indeed get to see something like that. I mean, at some point you definitely will and time-wise, it might be the right moment. That being said, Riptide will be a huge chapter in general and afterwards just about nothing is ever going to be as it has been before.

Spicy.

Thanks for the little snapshots. Poor Jeyne, it'll be possibly years before we meet you. Speaking of stuff, besides probably a significant number of new characters in Chapter 1, can we expect any new POVs?

Maybe that most of the characters in the Letters are ones that we haven't met yet so we didn't get an update on quite a few introduced chara

• I'm watching episode 3 tonight, but from a spoiler YouTube clip name I think I will continue to rejoice. All hail King Euron Greyjoy! After they ruined Stannis (whose sacrifice of Shireen was absolute character assassination, but ironically apparently allowed the success of the Starks afterward) I'm done with stuff and King Euron is the way to go. Oh, the series would be so different if Robb wasn't a moron and declared for Stannis and Renly didn't try to become a king. The realm would be so much better. At least I still have Bronn (but I'm scared for him).

I do believe you will. I know I did. They really improved on Euron this season. Last season, he had way too little to do, but I think they are using him quite well this time. Of course, the exact material he's been given this season, including that scene from episode 2 are doing wonders as well :D And aye, if Robb wouldn't have accepted the crown, things likely would have been different, with him sooner or later having no choice but to declare for Stannis and possibly leading the war to a less depressing outcome. It could have been so easy, but the fact that Renly was too ambitious, Robb too honourable and Stannis too stubborn to actually work with each other was quite a major part of the conflict in the early seasons. Ah, but without them, we wouldn't have gotten Euron King in this season, keep that in mind ;)

It's a real shame the show Dorne is crap. There's so much visual appeal in the desert that is wasted. Hopefully one of the prequel shows is Aegon's Conquest and the First Dornish War because I really want to see on screen the burning of stuff (besides Harrenhal) in the beauty of the desert.

I agree, this would be amazing. Dorne was gorgeous in terms of landscape and the general scenery of the sets, but suffered from writing that was constantly bafflingly bad, especially compared to the usually decent to outstanding writing every other storyline received. A lot of potential has been wasted there, especially with Doran and to get an actual worthy depiction of Dorne on-screen, I'd figuratively kill for that. A WoQ prequel, paired with the First Dornish War maybe, I would love that. Of course, it is extremely unlikely, but it would be quite something to actually see the characters I have been writing about for so long now. Just imagine actually seeing Harren or Argilac. Aw man, this is giving me tons of fantasy casting ideas again XD

Thanks for the little snapshots. Poor Jeyne, it'll be possibly years before we meet you. Speaking of stuff, besides probably a significant number of new characters in Chapter 1, can we expect any new POVs?

Probably, it will indeed be years. And things have been even worse for poor Jeyne, because if not for another submission that occured way later, she would have been a PoV. Now, she has beem sort of demoted to "just" a major non-PoV in said storyline. But such a thing happens all the time as the story develops and progresses. And yes, there will be new PoV's. I plan to introduce most of the new Book 2 PoV's early in Book 2 and it is likely the last of them will be introduced in Chapter 4 already. Chapter 1 will have two new PoV's for sure, one of them being Kyra. Then there will be the new Dorne PoV and I also consider starting the storyline for the new Oldtown PoV in Chapter 1 already. Thing is, Chapter 2 will introduce three new PoV's of its own, all of them characters submitted by (to my knowlege) active readers, two of which have waited a long time for that, while the third has no idea of what's to come. I love that I can be all cryptic about that before actually dropping the bomb :D So, with these three new Chapter 2 PoV's and the fact that the Oldtown PoV must be in Chapter 2 as well, I consider introducing him in a small storyline in Chapter 1 already, but likely towards its end, whereas both, Kyra and the Dorne PoV will be shown quite early in this chapter.

Hehe, it was pretty similar here. I loathe show Dorne and am relatively indifferent towards book Dorne, so the end of Stormborn was amazing

• It was actually this one that made me yearn for a legit villain PoV. In the books, we have Cersei and arguably Victarion, the show gave Ramsay a much more prominent role as something akin to a PoV, but FoT is a bit lacking on this end. Who knows, maybe I will get a chance later on, even if there are currently no plans into this direction.

Yeah, having a villain PoV would be amazing. If you get a chance I'm looking forward to it! :)

Definitely Aegon, with Meria as a close second. Though technically, he has been part of Book 1 and not the Interlude, I'd say he cou

• So, I have done something very special in honor of Book 1 ending and 2 being almost upon us. I have "wisely" used in my time in counting all the (named) characters in FoT. I was tired when I did this, so I expect some errors.

I counted 307 introduced characters in the story. Of that number, 45 are deceased. 23 are POVs.

There seems to be (at time of counting) 393 unintroduced characters on the waiting list. Poor, poor Liquid.

And in total, I had 700 characters, with one repeated name (possibly intentional) and one dragon, Balerion.

So many, so many. I imagine I miscounted a few times, so if any of you want to check, go ahead, make my day.

• edited August 2017

That is for sure one of the moments where a reader knows a detail I myself couldn't have hoped of ever getting an overview of by myself. 307, oh man... If I would have guessed before this, I would have put the number of introduced characters much, much lower, probably around 150 at most. Similarly I never thought I actually managed to kill 45 named characters in Book 1, I feel slightly bad that it is definitely going to be a lot more in Book 2. That being said, the one detail you got wrong is the number of PoV's. If we include Eaton and Regis, I count 24 PoV's, of which 19 are currently alive (though Regis won't get any parts of his own from here on). And though Book 2 will see quite a number of PoV deaths (likely more than Book 1 and spread more evenly), the number of living PoV's will have increased at the end of Book 2 as well. That being said, Book 3 should correct this, as I have currently plans to introduce at most two PoV's in the final chapters of the story.

I am quite amazed that there's only slightly (well, FoT definition of slightly) more characters waiting to be introduced than I actually introduced in Book 1. Together with the new storylines, this seems actually manageable, oddly enough. Feels very, very good to have such clear numbers. Thanks a lot for this! It's also amazing that the total number of characters right at the start of Book 2, including canon and unintroduced characters actually has such an even number.

That being said, I cannot remember intentionally repeating a name in the character list, so this is likely an error, where I forgot to delete a character from one location when they travelled to another. What I did notice though was one repeated name in the waiting list, where one of the newer characters, Marilyn Melcolm, has been added twice, once before the character Gregor Harlaw and once after him. She has, in fact, been submitted slightly after him, so her proper position in the waiting list has now been restored. I hope this was the repetition you have spotted, but if there's another one, let me know! I can assure you, such a thing is most likely always a mistake on my part and not intentional.

So, I have done something very special in honor of Book 1 ending and 2 being almost upon us. I have "wisely" used in my time in counting all

• Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude?
    In terms of ruling, I probably have to go with King Loren. He seems like a very practical leader willing to make the choices needed to keep his kingdom afloat. As a person, my choice is The King of the North, King Torrhen. He seems to be a humble sorts, a family man, and friendly man to the people he's met so far.

Who has been your least favourite ruler in the Interlude?
    Sharra Aryn wasn't my favorite. She isn't a bad person, but I doubt her ability to effectively rule a kingdom. She babies the King and isn't effectively preparing him for leading all the Vale.

Who has been your favourite non-ruler character in the Interlude?
    Because I have a certain bias towards my own characters, I won't be stating them. However, I loved how you portrayed each and every one of them, and I can't imagine a better way to introduce them. You did an outstanding job! As for my favorite, I have to say Edmund Gardener. He seemed like a very rational and likeable guy in the Interlude, great qualities to have in the future king of the Reach. I can't wait to see what you have in store for him and his family.

Who has been your least favourite non-ruler character in the Interlude?
    I did not like Prince Beren. He was kind of a dick. He may grow out of this as he matures, but right now I see him of a certain annoyance that I dislike in a future ruler of the North.

Which part of the Interlude has been your favourite?
    It is a tough choice between The North or the Reach. Both had very interesting set ups for future story arcs. Old Lord looking for his long lost bastard son, the Umbers with their mysterious problem that even I am not entirely sure about and how Raenna is going to somehow fix it, and then there is Petyr getting the Lordship of Raylainsfair. Plus the characters in those parts were mostly likable and got me excited to see them again.

Which part of the Interlude has been your least favourite?
    I didn't really connect to the Vale Interlude as much as I did with the others. There wasn't any character there that I found extremely interesting or one that peaked my curiosity. Hopefully he smallfolk there can shed some more flavor into the Vale, seeing that we are going to have two POVs there. I really liked Orson Royce in the first book. He was a interesting guy of questionable morals. He really has me curious as to what he is going to be up to while Maya is away.

Has there been anything you disliked?
    The Interludes were a great idea. I enjoyed getting to see the World through the eyes of the rulers of the realm. It humanized several of them in a way that made them more relatable and therefore more likeable. You wrote them very well as well! I can't wait for the Prologue to see who the unlucky sap who's going to get knocked off. Maybe on of Nain's companions who questions him to remind us that the Pirate Bros are still out there doing nefarious stuff, or somebody apart of the Sandstorm to kick off the Dorne POV, or maybe some unlucky Ironborn that receives Harmund's wraith to instill some fear in us before Kyra and Garthon have their adventures in the Riverlands.

After reading the Interludes, which region of Westeros are you looking forward for the most in Book 2?
    The Reach continues to be an exciting place for me. Even though plenty of the POVs there are going to be moving out soon, there is bound to be plenty of action left for everyone else.

• Sharra Aryn wasn't my favorite. She isn't a bad person, but I doubt her ability to effectively rule a kingdom. She babies the King and isn't effectively preparing him for leading all the Vale.

It is true, in terms of sheer ruling, Sharra is not the most effective. She knows the basics, but as she said herself, learning how to rule a kingdom was never something her parents have put much value onto. For the first three decades of her live, she was supposed to be little more than a trophy wife by the side of the true ruler (or at least some lord, as nobody expected the king to fall in love with her). Her parents taught her typical courtly manners and the like and she'd make a model of a queen consort, but nobody expected her husband to die so early. On top of that, it's not as if he was a good king either, being an overly daring and bellicose man who, as a result, got himself killed and a majority of the men who could actually help his wife in this situation. She's not untalented, but absolutely inexperienced and surrounded by low-tier advisors who are similarly in over their head. And at heart, she is not the queen, she is the queen regent and always a mother first. As a mother, well, how good a job she does there is left to your opinion, but she loves her sons, so much that she has a hard time preparing them for the things to come.

Because I have a certain bias towards my own characters, I won't be stating them. However, I loved how you portrayed each and every one of them, and I can't imagine a better way to introduce them. You did an outstanding job! As for my favorite, I have to say Edmund Gardener. He seemed like a very rational and likeable guy in the Interlude, great qualities to have in the future king of the Reach. I can't wait to see what you have in store for him and his family.

Aye, I have some exciting things coming up for House Gardener. It's going to be hot for sure. Edmund himself, I am pleased he left such an impression on you. I was not sure how he'd be taken here, but given the positive reception from you, I am looking forward to develop him a bit better in Book 2.

I did not like Prince Beren. He was kind of a dick. He may grow out of this as he matures, but right now I see him of a certain annoyance that I dislike in a future ruler of the North.

Beren is indeed arrogant. He has many of the negative qualities that can be found in Stark kings, or Starks in general, even some of those we see in the show and books, as a certain arrogance cannot be denied when it comes to Robb. At the same time, he is in this phase. He's a teenager, sixteen years old and I guess we all know that boys can get difficult at this age. It is not unthinkable that he will mature as the story progresses. Book 2 and 3 will cover a span of several years in total, so we might get to see the teen growing into a young man and becoming more like his father.

The Interludes were a great idea. I enjoyed getting to see the World through the eyes of the rulers of the realm. It humanized several of them in a way that made them more relatable and therefore more likeable. You wrote them very well as well! I can't wait for the Prologue to see who the unlucky sap who's going to get knocked off. Maybe on of Nain's companions who questions him to remind us that the Pirate Bros are still out there doing nefarious stuff, or somebody apart of the Sandstorm to kick off the Dorne POV, or maybe some unlucky Ironborn that receives Harmund's wraith to instill some fear in us before Kyra and Garthon have their adventures in the Riverlands.

Well, some might actually have an idea what I wish to show in the Prologue. The title has been put into the main post and the part itself should tell you pretty quickly where it's going to be headed. Just like the Epilogue was the best way to end Book 1 for me, the Prologue will be the best way to kick off Book 2, this is all I cans ay about this. I hope to release it today, but there is another thing to take care of and I cannot fully promise it. I will write, but it might take me until tomorrow. That being said, there's news about my vacation which I am going to share as well, as it seems I will leave a week later than planned. This in turn means, I can get the first chapter, including the new PoV's already running, which I am very excited for.

The Reach continues to be an exciting place for me. Even though plenty of the POVs there are going to be moving out soon, there is bound to be plenty of action left for everyone else.

And don't forget, there will be new PoV's as well. Many will leave, I assure you of that, but at least one new Reach PoV will be introduced towards the end of this chapter, based in Oldtown. Others will follow, some will enter the Reach during their travels and so on. It clearly won't be the sole main location anymore, but will remain the most crowded, I am certain of that.

Bounden posted: »

Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? In terms of ruling, I probably have to go with King Loren. He seems like a very practic

• edited August 2017

enter image description here

I'm impressed you got the unintroduced characters right, considering Liquid just removed one, but god damn it you could have just used this online tool :D

So, I have done something very special in honor of Book 1 ending and 2 being almost upon us. I have "wisely" used in my time in counting all

• I imagined there would be a easy way to do it, but I was too lazy to bother to count it out.

I'm impressed you got the unintroduced characters right, considering Liquid just removed one, but god damn it you could have just used this online tool

• I agree, this would be amazing. Dorne was gorgeous in terms of landscape and the general scenery of the sets, but suffered from writing that was constantly bafflingly bad, especially compared to the usually decent to outstanding writing every other storyline received. A lot of potential has been wasted there, especially with Doran and to get an actual worthy depiction of Dorne on-screen, I'd figuratively kill for that. A WoQ prequel, paired with the First Dornish War maybe, I would love that. Of course, it is extremely unlikely, but it would be quite something to actually see the characters I have been writing about for so long now. Just imagine actually seeing Harren or Argilac. Aw man, this is giving me tons of fantasy casting ideas again XD

Indeed. But I think a War of Conquest prequel isn't all that unlikely. I recall Martin saying the ones they are currently considering don't include Dunk and Egg since he wants to finish those stories so the show doesn't past it, and Dunk and Egg is the most obvious choice, so that leaves (in my opinion), Aegon's Conquest and the Dance of Dragons. There's probably a chance of something far more obscure, but I think those two are what HBO know will work.

I'm watching episode 3 tonight, but from a spoiler YouTube clip name I think I will continue to rejoice. All hail King Euron Greyjoy! After

• I miscounted the POVs, of everyone? Agh.

Yeah, I thought there was far more unintroduced, I was surprised by the number.

Marilyn Melcolm was the name that repeated.

That is for sure one of the moments where a reader knows a detail I myself couldn't have hoped of ever getting an overview of by myself. 307

• Since I want to show myself to not be a less fan(atic) of this story I make two list about the characters of this story.

This story,like our favorite moderator show on his post, has really many characters (introduced or not) but which one of them are the ones that survive the longest time?That appear at the beginning of the book and reach the ending of it?Let's find out!

Top 20 living characters inside the  story (end of Book 1):

1)Clayton Teryl (Prologue)
    2)Jenna Harking (Chapter 1)
    3)King Harren Hoare (Chapter 1)
    4)Lord Edmyn Tully (Chapter 1)
    5)Garthon Breaker (Chapter 1)
    6)Wolfius Woodbark (Chapter 1)
    7)Rosalie Mettel (Chapter 1)
    8)Leonard Constantine (Chapter 1)
    9)Noelle Mield (Chapter 1)
    10)Ser Jaron the Bastard (Chapter 1)
    11)Harpy (Chapter 1)
    12)Bakr al-Astapori (Chapter 1)
    13)Abbas al-Yunkari (Chapter 1)
    14)Richard Harking (Chapter 1)
    15)Ellena Terys (Chapter 2)
    16)Talea (Chapter 2)
    17)Willfred Reyne (Chapter 2)
    18)Alanna Reyne (Chapter 2)
    19)Lady Mileena Reyne (Chapter 2)
    20)Lord Darren Reyne (Chapter 2)

And now,after discover who are the longest living characters, let's see who are the ones (of the 200+ characters alive) that kill more named characters!

PS: in the case 2 or more characters have the same number of kills will be higher in the rank the one that reach the number for first.

The best killers of FoT:

High Tier killers (4-3 kills)

Wolfius Woodbark:4 ( Alexander Botwerys,Than,Roman,Lyria Mettel)
    Kersea "The mercy killer" Catelins:4 ( Halla Peddle, Septon Corbin, Rayden, Harris Flowers)
    The Tom:3 (Keira, Martin Wilshere,Lucas Flowers)

Middle Tier killers (2 kills)

Clayton Teryl:2 (Lord Robert Raylan, Maester Eaton)
    Maron Mullendore:2 (Lunett Kawl, Himani Sand)
    The Moggy:2 (Dairon,Jarek)
    Ser Jaron the Bastard:2 (Jaylon Gordus,The Burned Man)
    Bear:2 (Cass,Jarow)
    Edward Anturion:2 (George,Torvin Breaker)
    Durren Stallhart:2 ( Baelor Bloodbane, Dan Ornon)

Low Tier Killers (1 kill)

Maya Iresons:1 (Lord Trymon Brune)
    Harpy:1 ("Butterfly")
    Kreep:1 (Urid Strad)
    Nymeria Aspys:1 (Ser Rodrik Stone)
    Hjalgar Holgarsson:1 (Lord Clint Volmark)
    Abbas al-Yunkari:1 (Ando Pyre)

Question time!

Here a question just for you Liquid!

1)Of the many characters submitted for this story,who are the first ones submitted for each one of the Seven Kingdoms (+ Dragonstone and Essos)?

In the end two questions for my fellow readers of this story:

1)How do you learn of the existence of this story?And when?

2)Who is the first character that you submit for this story?And the first one that got introduced?

• 1.) I'm lucky enough to have learned of the existence of this story in December 2014, when I noticed this interesting thread had appeared to the GoT section. I checked out the Prologue, and have been following ever since :) Back then I had no idea I'd still be reading this story after almost three years, but it has certainly been worth it! =)

2.) Jaron (for both questions), who was pretty much the first character I submitted to any interactive story ever. When I first made him I thought of him as a character who would probably end up being a sidekick for some hero, but I was then equally shocked and pleased to see him become a PoV :D

Since I want to show myself to not be a less fan(atic) of this story I make two list about the characters of this story. This story,like

• edited August 2017

Oh, this is a nice surprise! I like it :)

This story,like our favorite moderator show on his post, has really many characters (introduced or not) but which one of them are the ones that survive the longest time?That appear at the beginning of the book and reach the ending of it?Let's find out!

This is something I actually had a bit of an overview still, occasionally checking which of these characters has lived the longest and who will still be alive at the end of Book 2. The answer might surprise you, even if the total number might depend on your choices in some cases ;) It is especially interesting with Clayton, because he was not submitted as the Prologue assassin, it was just that it has been intended to be a role for a submitted character and he fit the role the best. On other notes, he was the first male assassin to be submitted, with the next one, Rayden, not being submitted for another six months.

And now,after discover who are the longest living characters, let's see who are the ones (of the 200+ characters alive) that kill more named characters!

Another interesting list. I was surprised to realize that Kersea is actually among the top tier, despite only getting one kill that has not happened out of mercy. It seems Clayton was right about her after all, especially given how easily she beat him in terms of kills. Also, I believe in this list you have forgotten Harris, who has killed Ilhan and Alysanne after all and is therefore ranking in the middle tier. Oh, before the end, I believe many characters will join the middle to high tiers...

1)Of the many characters submitted for this story,who are the first ones submitted for each one of the Seven Kingdoms (+ Dragonstone and Essos)?

Ah, always happy to answer questions. It goes as follows:

The Reach: Lyria Mettel

The Riverlands: Gabin Strad

The Iron Islands: Garthon Breaker (also the first to be submitted ever)

The Stormlands: Drent Golton

The North: Philip Loren

The Rock: Vashord Tallian

The Vale: Maya Iresons

Dorne: Ilhan Lagoon

Dragonstone: Two-Face

Essos: Janae

Considering that Essos is almost too big to mention this as one single answer, I should mention Janae is the first character from Slaver's Bay to be submitted, whereas Ellena, having been submitted mere minutes later, is the first character from the Free Cities to be submitted.

Edit: I also realized, after putting this through further thought, there are three regions that have received at least one submitted character which are not accounted for in this list, so here's a little update.

Beyond the Wall: Kaya (a currently unintroduced wildling girl who will make her first appearance in Book 2)

The Summer Isles: Maldar the Quiver (first to be seen in Chapter 2 of Book 2, accompanying a new Vale PoV)

Sothoryos (yes, this is a thing): Gakharhi (first to be seen... somewhere down the line, but in Essos, not in Sothoryos. Literally one of the strangest characters I have ever received. Hmmm, Sothoryos... if only I had time to write a second story :()

In the end two questions for my fellow readers of this story:

And well, I am very curious about this too. I mean, I know the answer to the second question, but the first one always interests me. I can guess the answer will be, in many cases, through browsing the Telltale forum, but if there are other means by which someone encountered the story, I would be quite intrigued by this.

Since I want to show myself to not be a less fan(atic) of this story I make two list about the characters of this story. This story,like

• edited August 2017

1) Around the time I created a telltale profile, I was browsing teh forums and found the story, been following it since then.

2) Saerya Waters, also the first of my chars that got introduced.
    For anyone curious, other characters of mine are Vyria Aspys, Elia Aspys, Doran Aspys, Nymeria Aspys, Aron Aspys, Ilia Sand, Ira Lordslayer, Gunther Bladehand, Pandora, Armand Vonliss, Visedar Solus, Eraenys Solus, Aena Solus, Maedor Solus, and Zobrie Qilony.

I must admit, I've submitted quite a lot of characters :P

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2017

Yippe, Leonard.

I notice now that most of the characters I dislike are the ones with more kills. Isn't that interesting?

I was a original reader. But how I discovered it, I'm not sure. I might have just stumbled upon it. I'm pretty sure Forum Werewolf was very close to the start of this story, so maybe when I met Liquid there I followed him here.

2)Who is the first character that you submit for this story?And the first one that got introduced?

The good Ser Leonard Constantine. I submitted him the day after this thread was created. He was quickly introduced, I think in like less than 2 weeks. He was my only character for a while, but I created two more and stayed dormant until last year's July, when Lord Donnel "The Donnel" Selwyn was submitted, and since this April I have slowly tricked in some more characters.

In fact, reading on Leonard's ol' character submission sheet makes me cringe a little bit. I was kind of an idiot then about Game of Thrones. Donnel Selwyn's is much better done. The Leonard I submitted was frankly more of an villain than a hero, extremely greedy and jerky. It's very interesting to see the similarities and differences from now and that first submission.

• Bear:2 (Cass,Jarow)

How dare you assume that the Lord o' Bridges perished to some measly bandits! Lord Jarow will live long past some Bear sized Bandit. Long Live Lord Jarow, Lord o' the Bridges!

I'm not entirely sure how I found this story. I was just getting into Telltale games at the time, and I decided to take a gander at the forums. This was around Janurary 2015, and I found this at the start of Chapter 2. I noticed FOT almost immediately and was enthralled even faster. I had just left a Minecraft RP server at the time, so FoT was my new fantasy fix. I'm still going strong with FoT with no end in sight.

This one is a little embarrassing. I was so eager to join the story that I made a very basic lumberjack character. He had almost no backstory, personality, or anything interesting about him besides the fact that he has scars and dislikes forest fires. Excluding him, my first character with actual character to it was probably Arthur Nathamer. The Nathamers were much more flushed out in personality and backstory. You can imagine my excitement when I found out that Arthur was going to be a POV. Some other characters I made early on were the Rectons, the guardswoman in a man's job world and her farmer brother, and the Rednars, a couple of lovable Norvosi you'll meet eventually.

• edited August 2017

I will in this post answer to my own questions:

1)While it is nothing special how I discover this story (I found it when out of curiosity I gave a look at the Telltale forum) it is funny for myself that I discover this story November 2015,two months before I actually start to read it! The main reason because I wait before start to read it is,this is what I found very funny,the fact that I was not sure to start this read (despite see the story lenght and the many characters (introduced or not) make me interested) and I end to forget it until two months later when I decide to give it a try (and we all know how it ends XD )

Well,it is funny but in my case the first character (aka Hishi) that I submit for this story is not the first one that got introduced (aka Irnas mo Akk)! Btw still speaking about my "children" I am quite proud in one way or another for almost any of them that I create (even if I have some favorites like Hishi,??? and @#/) and how the ones that appear inside the story until now act

• Beyond the Wall: Kaya (a currently unintroduced wildling girl who will make her first appearance in Book 2)

cough cough If the order of the list is to be the official order, I believe a certain Markus Treearms had been submitted first.

Oh, this is a nice surprise! I like it This story,like our favorite moderator show on his post, has really many characters (introduce

• edited August 2017

Aaah, you are right of course :D Due to Markus'... unique situation, I always find it hard to remember that he is, in fact, a wildling. But yes, he has been submitted before Kaya, which makes him, in fact, the first wildling to be submitted for the story.

Bounden posted: »

Beyond the Wall: Kaya (a currently unintroduced wildling girl who will make her first appearance in Book 2) cough cough If the order of the list is to be the official order, I believe a certain Markus Treearms had been submitted first.

• sees Maldar the quiver well that is a stupid name. checks list. Hey that's my stupid named character....nice

Oh, this is a nice surprise! I like it This story,like our favorite moderator show on his post, has really many characters (introduce

• 1)How do you learn of the existence of this story?And when?

I was but a young lad when i first laid eyes on thee...i have absolutely no idea how i found it. but it was after the first prologue and i thought hey i like making dnd characters, and this like dnd, except i don't need to find other players...or play for that matter and 20 something characters latter it just became a routine of checking the story and the forum

first of many was Agar the Cold, a proper edge lord if i remember correctly. first (and only) introduced LORD JAROW OF BRIDGES

Telltale's Game of Thrones of course (Assoldier shall live on!!!). After the last episode, I felt so empty inside that I needed to keep myself busy wondering what the different outcomes were to the story. Every time I went on the forums, I would see this thread so I took a look at it. At first I wasn't for sure what to think of it. I'm not much of a reader to begin with so I'm very picky about what I read but then I read the Prologue, then I started reading more, then more and more, until I got to a point where I couldn't stop and, needless to say, I was hooked. I would say I started reading around January 2016 and I finished the next month.

Lady Helenys Bellward. Technically Aren Charlton was the first one that got introduced, but only by a couple of paragraphs.

Other unintroduced characters: the Order (Mellvard Purcell, Aryl Purcell, Alwin Redwyne, Otho Wayland, Viera Coldwater, Cale Nullgard), basically a bunch of control freaks :D but some are more so like that than others. Then there's The Swan. Yeah, needless to say I kinda rushed her character and I was just kind of like "oops, well that happened." I feel embarrassed submitting her because of that but hopefully Liquid can do her some justice. On an interesting note, she's the only character I submitted who can fight.

• edited August 2017

1) I'm not entirely sure but I think I just saw it in the GOT forums.
    EDIT: It might've been Malina. I'm not 100% certain if I submitted Dante or Malina first.

2)That would be Dante Karstark :) First one I submitted and the first one to be introduced.

I actually never played Telltale's GoT, I was following it as a youtube series, and at one point I decided to check out their forums, which had some interesting threads. At one point I was interested in the two fan fiction threads that were around there at that moment, this one, which I believe I joined somewhere in chapter 3, and the WildlingKing's old one, Winds beyond the Wall.

Ian Shortwood/Derek Ward. First submitted and first introduced. I actually took quite some time until I submitted my first character, considering I joined the story in chapter 3, I believe I submitted Ian during chapter 6. Overall, I only have 5 submitted and 2 introduced characters so far, which I guess I could work on because I really enjoy making characters, It's just that I rarely find time, and I need time when I make one.

• Then there's The Swan. Yeah, needless to say I kinda rushed her character and I was just kind of like "oops, well that happened." I feel embarrassed submitting her because of that but hopefully Liquid can do her some justice. On an interesting note, she's the only character I submitted who can fight.

But... but, I actually like the Swan XD Seriously, she doesn't feel rushed at all. And as a matter of fact, she fits perfectly into a certain storyline I have in mind. Only problem I have is that I don't know how big her role can be. I plan to give her a substantial role, but possibly in the same way Brother McShane from the show had a substantial role but only appeared in one episode in Season 6. Be assured, the Swan will at least appear in more than one chapter, but how long she'll be in the story will likely be decided upon once I actually write this part of the story. We're talking late Book 2/early Book 3 here, so there's time for me to figure it out =)

StarKing789 posted: »

1)How do you learn of the existence of this story?And when? Telltale's Game of Thrones of course (Assoldier shall live on!!!). After

• EDIT: It might've been Malina. I'm not 100% certain if I submitted Dante or Malina first.

I can confirm it is Dante, predating Darreth and Malina (who have both been submitted at the same day) by half a week. That being said, technically Darreth got introduced first, a good five minutes before Dante appeared on screen =)

AgentZ46 posted: »

1) I'm not entirely sure but I think I just saw it in the GOT forums. EDIT: It might've been Malina. I'm not 100% certain if I submitted Da

• Right! I forgot that Darreth appeared first. Thanks for the reminder. :)

EDIT: It might've been Malina. I'm not 100% certain if I submitted Dante or Malina first. I can confirm it is Dante, predating Darre

• Who has been your favourite ruler in the Interlude? Surprisingly, Loren Lannister takes the win. There is just something so captivating in his personality that immediately draws in my complete attention through out the whole part. A close second is Harren, seeing another side of him really surprised me.

Who has been your least favourite ruler in the Interlude? Honestly, Sharra Arryn does not interest me as much as the other rulers. Maybe I don't like her personality because its just weak to me, but her motivation is uninspiring and I find it boring. Admittedly, I never liked the Vale to begin with. Even from the show or the books, they are pretty useless in every way.

Who has been your favourite non-ruler character in the Interlude? I can't really name any characters on top of my head because the interludes were a first impression but I really liked a lot of them so its hard to name a favourite

Who has been your least favourite non-ruler character in the Interlude? Same applies above

Which part of the Interlude has been your favourite? Mern Gardner's interlude was excellent, I was anxious to see how he would react towards Raylansfair. Loren Lannister was even better, it shows how a Lannister can be cold but fair sometimes and how strategic their minds work.

Which part of the Interlude has been your least favourite? Ugh, probably Sharra and Meria. By far, their parts introduced some pretty weak stuff that did not make me anxious and look forward for their next appearance.

Has there been anything you disliked? Maybe it is just me, but I didn't like the fact that evert part had the same predicted ending. And that was every ruler reading about Aegon's invasion. Don't get me wrong, the interlude did a lot of great stuff and made a good introduction to all of the rulers and the bannermen and the state of their kingdoms, but I feel you put too much emphasis on Aegon's invasion here. It was a little more bearable seeing different rulers react like there are some who take it seriously, some who don't even care and some are cautious but in the end it all led to the same thing and it was disappointing how all of the parts had this one common thing.

After reading the Interludes, which region of Westeros are you looking forward for the most in Book 2? The Reach, The Rock and The North. They continue to be great in their own way with their respective stories and I'm sure it will be more awesome now that Aegon is here. Burn them all!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.