What do you believe the Eternity Forge to be? Simply a powerful artifact? Or an actual entity?

The Eternnity forge has proven to be quiet mysterious and seems to have a mind of it's own. I say this because Peter is the only one it actually spoke to and gave a message. Rocket just relived a memory, he didn't get any "Come find me, Rocket." So it makes me wonder could the forge be a full on character? Somebody powerful who wants something? Something's trying to lure Peter into that temple.

What do you think? Any ideas or speculation on the Eternity Forge?

Tagged:

Comments

• Perhaps the Eternity Forge is indeed an entity that can create illusions and manipulate it's targets in order to do it's bidding. Maybe it's a celestial who can grant the power of life but requires sacrifices to continue living or just enjoys sacrifices as a meal?

• Or an powerful entity might be controlling Eternity Forge. Like this: entity is trapped somewhere and using others via Eternity Forge to do its bidding and get released at some point.

• edited August 2017

Oh, I never thought of that. I only assumed that the Forge was just... a thing. And somehow, it's got something to do with Peter's mother (I'm one of the few people who believe it'll bring Peter to her.. or something. That might be my downfall).

But having it be some entity controlling this piece, that would be interesting. What would be its motive for it? Why has it chosen Peter?
    I don't have any answers to this, but that's an interesting theory nonetheless.

• Well, this all depends on what happens after Peter and Gamora walk into the white room. The way they talked about it in the "next on" trailer, something happens to Peter. The Eternity Forge may turn against Peter and do something, or a new ability may be revealed that may or may not get Peter killed. OR His mom comes back to life and tries to kill Peter.

• I assume it's some sort big emotional moment for Peter. Because Gamora says" "Oh, Peter was SO not ready for this.* So whatever it is, it for sure caught him off guard.

Well, this all depends on what happens after Peter and Gamora walk into the white room. The way they talked about it in the "next on" traile

• I think it's Thanos tricking us into resurrecting him somehow. He died way too fast and is clearly going to reappear.

• I'm thinkin' it's a PHONE. With a resurrection app.

Ring... Ring...
    Pick up the phone. "Ya, who this is?"

"Hey guys, it's me. Telltale's take on Adam Warlock or Phyla Vell. My parents aren't home. Come over to my temple and get your cliffhanger."

"I'll be there in 2 fucking months cause some God damned motherfucker probably put more resources into Minecraft."

The end.

• Yeah, I'm trying to guess what could be in that room that would throw off Peter emotionally. Wouldn't these things be interesting though? That last one was jokingly, but the other part was my guess.

AChicken posted: »

I assume it's some sort big emotional moment for Peter. Because Gamora says" "Oh, Peter was SO not ready for this.* So whatever it is, it for sure caught him off guard.

• Well, yeah. Those would be interesting.
    I was just leaning on that theory, that's all. Sorry for not acknowledging your comment.

Yeah, I'm trying to guess what could be in that room that would throw off Peter emotionally. Wouldn't these things be interesting though? That last one was jokingly, but the other part was my guess.

• Nah it's cool. I understand your intention now. Thanks for clearing the air though!

AChicken posted: »

Well, yeah. Those would be interesting. I was just leaning on that theory, that's all. Sorry for not acknowledging your comment.

• Maybe the Eternity Forge has something to do with Marvel's depiction of Eternity, the being?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.