Who smiled for John Doe's camera?

I did. When the option came up, I couldn't resist.

Comments

• I didn't. A funeral is not exactly the best place to take a selfie.

I would have if it were anywhere else though.

• Didn't get the option, my John had a mini Joker style freak out with a mourner instead, thankfully I calmed him down.

• ...I did. I feel like this is gonna fuck me over in the future.

• Didn't have the balls to do it (because you know, funeral and stuff). I kinda regret it now

• I smiled without hesitation.

• When you at the funeral and Joker wants to take a selfie and you dont know if you should smile or not

enter image description here

• I really really wanted to because I adore the Joker in this game but it was a funeral and I couldn’t disrespect lucious. At least John didn’t have a mental break down and he understood.

• I did. -_-' bc of john I pretty much forgot I was at a funeral lol, felt sorta bad when tiffinay gave me the evil eye

• I'm weak... I had to do it! I love that it's his background now.

• Smiling at the funeral of your best friend and kind of a father figure while everyone is mourning ?

I dont understand why did you do that because that option made me sick with the fact that it is a funeral. Even considering to smile or not is awful.

• It could have the potential likewise if Tiffany decided to do something when she realized you made a smile pose in her father's funeral and you are the reason that he didnt spend time with his family so much.

...I did. I feel like this is gonna fuck me over in the future.

• edited August 2017

I think that's Telltale's subtle way of allowing the player to determine just how much truth there is to John Doe's "two threads in the same stitch" comment. I mean, taking a selfie at a funeral? Total Joker move. But smiling alongside the Joker? I love how creepy that makes Bruce look.

MrJava posted: »

Smiling at the funeral of your best friend and kind of a father figure while everyone is mourning ? I dont understand why did you do that

• People do it because they love the Joker. He might be evil, but he's flowing with charisma.

Smiling at the funeral of your best friend and kind of a father figure while everyone is mourning ? I dont understand why did you do that

• I did. I'm playing my identities to gain his trust as Bruce. Then I will kill him as Batman

• I did. I love John Doe and I saw no reason not to. Seriously, if someone is gonna get angry about it then they would just get angry about the selfie anyways doesn't matter if you smiled or not. Also, it sucks for Tiffany that her father didn't spend time with her, but Lucius was a grown man who made his own decisions and that isn't on Bruce.

• Your parents died when you were a kid, Lucius and Alfred raised you and took care of you, he upgraded your tech regularly and he helped you with the fight against criminal scum and he didnt even hang out with his family for you, and you are gonna take a selfie with a smile pose in his funeral for a punk like Joker ? I admire him as an antagonist but my point is, it is a funeral. If it wasnt, I would have pick to build a great relationship.

This selfie option is not something that Bruce would accept regardless of players decision and doesnt make any sense to give so. Unrealistic choice actually.

ComicMan posted: »

I did. I love John Doe and I saw no reason not to. Seriously, if someone is gonna get angry about it then they would just get angry about th

• Stop. Players can make any decision they want without you criticizing it. If you didn't want to do it, fine. But don't criticize others who did and tell them that it was a wrong choice. There are no wrong choices. People make the choices that they feel are right for them.

Your parents died when you were a kid, Lucius and Alfred raised you and took care of you, he upgraded your tech regularly and he helped you

• I dont criticize people. If I want to, I would say that directly. All I am saying is, they shouldnt give this option while still Bruce mourning his friend. Bruce would probably not did it regardless but they gave the choice so you are free to pick and it has nothing to do with me. My point is different.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Stop. Players can make any decision they want without you criticizing it. If you didn't want to do it, fine. But don't criticize others who

• The point is that it seems like you're trying to guilt people into feeling like assholes for choosing to smile.

I dont criticize people. If I want to, I would say that directly. All I am saying is, they shouldnt give this option while still Bruce mourn

• Seems like we are having trouble to understand each other. Its best that this discussion end before it goes south. Have a nice day.

AgentZ46 posted: »

The point is that it seems like you're trying to guilt people into feeling like assholes for choosing to smile.

• edited August 2017

I kinda wanted to, but I had already been nice to him during the whole scene, so I refused the selfie. It was still Lucius's funeral, c'mon.

Also I kinda didn't want him to have a picture with Bruce being all buddy-buddy with him since Avesta was already suspicious of their relationship.

Edit: By the way, the choice doesn't affect your relationship with him, does it? I'm pretty sure the "your relationship is changing" prompt didn't appear.

• I can kinda get your reasoning but I feel so bad when I see his face if you refuse. :(

Abeille posted: »

I kinda wanted to, but I had already been nice to him during the whole scene, so I refused the selfie. It was still Lucius's funeral, c'mon.

• No it doesnt. If Joker wants to take a selfie, it means that you accepted his request about meeting up with his people and that will already add a plus point for your relationship with Joker. Selfie its just a consequence. Refuse it or not, it doesnt change a thing.

Abeille posted: »

• Well. Kt changes John's background image. That's a BIG deal.

No it doesnt. If Joker wants to take a selfie, it means that you accepted his request about meeting up with his people and that will already

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited August 2017

I meant the relationship, you know. Main point is, accepting the meet.

captainivy1 posted: »

Well. Kt changes John's background image. That's a BIG deal.

• When I get the second season I will smile. We were good buddies in Arkham. :)

• Didn't even get the option to, as John had an outburst. I dont see why anyone would smile or even take the selfie, it seems incredibly disrespectful to do that at your friend's funeral with a lunatic who was most likely involved in the murder.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited August 2017

Agreed. Very unrealistic choice due to circumstances. Doesnt make any sense at the same time because of the situation and environment. Maybe in a different place and timing, that would be okay.

Didn't even get the option to, as John had an outburst. I dont see why anyone would smile or even take the selfie, it seems incredibly disrespectful to do that at your friend's funeral with a lunatic who was most likely involved in the murder.

• Yeah I thought so, thanks. He was disappointed that I refused the selfie but he understood and admitted he got a little carried away.

No it doesnt. If Joker wants to take a selfie, it means that you accepted his request about meeting up with his people and that will already

• What possible reason could we have had to believe that John was in any way involved at the time?

Didn't even get the option to, as John had an outburst. I dont see why anyone would smile or even take the selfie, it seems incredibly disrespectful to do that at your friend's funeral with a lunatic who was most likely involved in the murder.

• Thank you!

AnimalBoy posted: »

Stop. Players can make any decision they want without you criticizing it. If you didn't want to do it, fine. But don't criticize others who

• edited August 2017
    • His inappropriate jokes and behavior at the funeral
    • His knowledge of Lucius and the funeral in the first place
    • He knows the Riddler
    • He was shown drinking evilly at the end of the last season when we were attacked
    • He's the most obviously evil and insane person that Bruce has probably ever met

All of this aside it just seems like such poor taste to take a selfie at your friends funeral just for the sake of a goofy friendship with John. I mean where do you draw the line lol

AgentZ46 posted: »

What possible reason could we have had to believe that John was in any way involved at the time?

• I didn't smiled for the photo, i said to him: "fine! but do it fast". At first i thought he was going to freak out in the middle of the funeral if i didn't let him do that.

• If you're not thinking in a meta way it's easy to see that at the time there's really no reason to suspect John of having anything to do with Lucius' death. He really does seem like just a guy with mental issues that doesn't fully understand what's socially appropriate and when, that's just been let out into the world. Hence why at the time he thinks it's a good idea to take a selfie. And I believe he referred to Riddler as an enemy, and besides that knowing somebody doesn't make you a suspect to their crimes. And everyone knows about the funeral, they literally advertised it on the news.

* His inappropriate jokes and behavior at the funeral * His knowledge of Lucius and the funeral in the first place * He knows the Riddler

• Whether you consider it "unrealistic" or not, some of us actually enjoy having Bruce indulge his dark side. If you don't want to smile, or even share a photo with John, hey, knock yourself out. But you have no right to put an embargo on what the player does or doesn't want to do.

Agreed. Very unrealistic choice due to circumstances. Doesnt make any sense at the same time because of the situation and environment. Maybe in a different place and timing, that would be okay.

• My partner Laura loves this game.
    Anyone else have a partner named Laura they want to bring up for no reason at all?

• I'll take a photo, but smiling seems too out of my Bruce's character. Especially since he tells John he'll never get out of Arkham in S1.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.