The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Well you should, STANKO. Now be a nice man and go outside and smile at the sun.

Brodester08 posted: »

i surrender

• I'm gonna turn this car around and take us all back home if you guys don't stop being mean. :^(

Well you should, STANKO. Now be a nice man and go outside and smile at the sun.

• Dontnod had been working on a new narrative adventure IP in partnership with Bandai Namco since 2016:
    https://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/exclusive-bandai-namco-partners-with-dontnod-on-new-narrative-adventure-ip/0186186

Further details, including the platforms it'll be, will be revealed in 2018. For now, here's some concept art.
    enter image description here

• edited August 2017

So my old college in Malaysia that I left and didn't even finish a couple years ago had suddenly began bugging me recently regarding a fee of about 800 bucks that they mysteriously forgot to tell me about until now. I asked my mom for some help with it because I was unaware of the fee and she told me to just ignore them because they actually owe us a few hundred dollars in refund as well.

Well just today they actually threatened me with legal action for not paying this fee. There wasn't really much I could do considering I'm not even in the country anymore so I did the only thing I could do. I directed them to my mom back in Malaysia.

Well they had a "chat" and my mom brought up the amount of money they owed us and it appears that I will no longer be threatened with legal action and will no longer be bugged into paying the fee :)

Thanks mom!

• Digital Foundry's hands-on with the Switch port of Skyrim. Sounds good so far.

But if what we played is indeed fully representative of how the final game shapes up when running in mobile mode, the Switch port of Skyrim should be well worth checking out. We've tried playing the game on an Intel Atom-based tablet with integrated graphics and the experience is nothing like as good as this - if you're looking to play a fully portable Skyrim, you're looking at a larger gaming laptop to offer the visual feature set and performance the Switch version is offering. Ultimately, 15 minutes of hands-on time with a game only goes so far - especially in a vast game like Skyrim - but what we've seen so far holds up really well, and we're looking forward to taking a deeper look at the final release.

• For those who play Injustice 2 (including myself), Raiden, Black Manta, and Hellboy were revealed for Fighter Pack 2.

• I don't play Injustice 2 but I wish they added the rest members of the Teen Titans, being Raven and Beast Boy.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

For those who play Injustice 2 (including myself), Raiden, Black Manta, and Hellboy were revealed for Fighter Pack 2.

• I like your selection I asked because I knew be unique and those games are awesome great choices

Johro posted: »

Well, I haven't played anything between TWDs2 and Batman... So this is highly unpopular, but: Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Sam & Max: Save The World Tales of Monkey Island If it's any consolation, TWDs1 would be 4.

• I think Beast Boy is dead in that universe and Raven works for Trigon.

I wouldn't mind Beast Boy being in the game. He's the only Titan who hasn't been playable.

AronDracula posted: »

I don't play Injustice 2 but I wish they added the rest members of the Teen Titans, being Raven and Beast Boy.

• Aloy had great facial and dailogue.

Rest could agree all dudes looked exact same except weird beards looked weird

Script can't remember laughing once tbh so guess right there but still interesting script

Megumin posted: »

Very good game, but I found the voice acting to be the most bland I've had in a game for a while. Added on top of the facial animations that creeped me out.

• edited August 2017

Last night, I watched The Descent 1 and 2. The first movie was fantastic, and it had a great story, pacing and lighting, and it does a good job at scaring you with few jumpscares, and the ending was sad as fuck (which are my favorite types of endings when it comes to fiction). The second movie, however, was a hot fucking mess full or plotholes, cheesy story, and just everything about it was terrible.

• Please do bro also just completed undertale and it was awful

But horizon defo recommend

joshua007 posted: »

LOL I wanted to buy it in the store but didn't had the money

• I should give The Descent a shot as well. I heard that the descendants from Uncharted 1 are inspired by the creatures from that movie.

Last night, I watched The Descent 1 and 2. The first movie was fantastic, and it had a great story, pacing and lighting, and it does a good

• So were the Wendigos from Until Dawn.

I should give The Descent a shot as well. I heard that the descendants from Uncharted 1 are inspired by the creatures from that movie.

• god the descent is such a wonderful film. i hate it when people say modern horror is dead because movies like the descent, it follows and the vvitch are still out there and prove to be brilliant.

Last night, I watched The Descent 1 and 2. The first movie was fantastic, and it had a great story, pacing and lighting, and it does a good

• Yeah, I've been watching a lot of modern horror movies lately like The Descent, The Ring, etc. and it's been pretty fun; modern horror movies CAN be good if you do them right and don't let people like...ugh, Jason Blum make them. Tonight, I'm planning on watching the first 2 REC films. I've yet to watch an actually decent found-footage horror movie.

god the descent is such a wonderful film. i hate it when people say modern horror is dead because movies like the descent, it follows and the vvitch are still out there and prove to be brilliant.

• Wendigo are from indian folklore

So were the Wendigos from Until Dawn.

• I liked babadook and borderlands (found footage) but I got fed up with most modern horror so I haven't been watching many movies recently.

Yeah, I've been watching a lot of modern horror movies lately like The Descent, The Ring, etc. and it's been pretty fun; modern horror movie

• edited August 2017

[removed]

Yeah, I've been watching a lot of modern horror movies lately like The Descent, The Ring, etc. and it's been pretty fun; modern horror movie

• edited August 2017

I know, I was talking about the Wendigos' overall appearance and behavior in UD. Also, that scene where Sam and Becca were hiding from a crawler that was RIGHT next to them.

Wendigo are from indian folklore

• I see what you mean now, sorry about that.

The decent is a great movie, im never going caving.

• Ha, it's fine. It is, and yeah me neither.

I see what you mean now, sorry about that. The decent is a great movie, im never going caving.

• The OG Blair Witch Project is pretty fantastic if you read the history behind the film and look at it in the context of when it came out, but if you take it at base level it's not that good. Other than that, the horror industry does found footage all wrong, YouTube actually does it right. I highly recommend checking out Marble Hornets, which was like the pioneer of internet based horror series, at least more refined ones. There are a few bad acting chops but it delivers a really intense and fantastic story and some fucking beautiful special effects.

• Guys, I just noticed that we can edit our discussions directly. YAY!!!!

• Why are you acting this way? @ClemyClooAndBabyboo

Well you should, STANKO. Now be a nice man and go outside and smile at the sun.

• I don't have to tell you, STONKY!

(it's an inside joke between deltino, brodester and i)

strwar3 posted: »

Why are you acting this way? @ClemyClooAndBabyboo

• I feel like I want to talk about something like can we do a RedLetterMedia talk about Movies? Like there should be some movies in next few months(Justice League,Thor RHA...I can't even spell it right and Star Wars The Last Jedi) I feel we need something to talk about.

• You are welcome to make a RedLetterMedia thread to talk about their videos if you like, or you can post a video here and there in this thread. Whatever floats your boat.

strwar3 posted: »

I feel like I want to talk about something like can we do a RedLetterMedia talk about Movies? Like there should be some movies in next few m

• That's been fixed for around a month and a half, give or take, but it's nice to see that feature returned for you guys. For a while there, only moderators were able to edit threads and we always had to manually step in to fix something. :p

Guys, I just noticed that we can edit our discussions directly. YAY!!!!

• I followed Marble Hornets on and off for a while. Is that still on?

As for Blair Witch, I agree that that was a pretty good film. I feel that genuinely good horror movies should strive to aim for the "less is more" mindset, and Blair Witch 1 did that to a tee. Paranormal Activity 1 was also good about this, but I feel that the sequels hammed it up too much.

The OG Blair Witch Project is pretty fantastic if you read the history behind the film and look at it in the context of when it came out, bu

• I followed Marble Hornets on and off for a while. Is that still on?

it ended back in 2014, but between then and now there were two sequel shows. clear lakes 44, which crashed and burned because the writer of marble hornets fucked the entire team making it over, and eckvanet, the sequel currently running that kinda sucks so far but has potential.

I followed Marble Hornets on and off for a while. Is that still on? As for Blair Witch, I agree that that was a pretty good film. I feel

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Tonight, I'm planning on watching the first 2 REC films. I've yet to watch an actually decent found-footage horror movie.

Well, I think that's about to change, because REC is fucking excellent.

• Just to publicly float some ideas around I was thinking on, what would you guys think of a Whatever's On Your Mind/Whatever Makes You Laugh type megathread for posting videos in general? You would still be allowed to post videos here or in the Whatever Makes You Laugh thread, but this would be another thread just for posting smaller videos that you find neat but might not fit in its own thread or as a post in this thread/Laugh.

• edited August 2017

Well, I just finished REC 1, and I think I can officially say I might have a hard time sleeping. But yeah, out of the many shitty found-footage films I've seen like the Paranormal Activity films and The Visit, I think REC might have just broken the streak.

Edit: And I just finished REC 2, and it was alright but not as good as the first film. It just wasn't as suspenseful or scary IMO, with all the soldiers.

Deltino posted: »

Tonight, I'm planning on watching the first 2 REC films. I've yet to watch an actually decent found-footage horror movie. Well, I think that's about to change, because REC is fucking excellent.

• Oh I don't know. I have yet to be at a loss as to where I should post something. Does anybody ever really scroll through watching the posted videos? We all have our friends and fans whom will watch something, but would anybody really kill an afternoon just watching random linked videos?

It's an open question. I have no idea. I was 3 years removed from high school when Youtube started.

• Speaking of videos...

THIS was worth the 3 year wait! Episode 2, Part 1

• ah, i see you're a man of culture as well

Deltino posted: »

Tonight, I'm planning on watching the first 2 REC films. I've yet to watch an actually decent found-footage horror movie. Well, I think that's about to change, because REC is fucking excellent.

• that's actually a pretty good idea blind

Just to publicly float some ideas around I was thinking on, what would you guys think of a Whatever's On Your Mind/Whatever Makes You Laugh

• edited August 2017

I'm getting my exam results back today :weary: time to see how fucked or blessed I am
    Edit: guess who didn't do as bad as they thought they were going to do?
    enter image description here

• I think it would just eventually become another "Whatever Makes You Laugh" that no one actually looks at.

Just to publicly float some ideas around I was thinking on, what would you guys think of a Whatever's On Your Mind/Whatever Makes You Laugh

Sign in to comment in this discussion.