Something's not right with that ending... (Episode 3 Spoilers)

Now, I don't know about you boys. But when it came down to it, I chose to empower the Eternity Forge.
Why? Because Mantis herself said that Peter was the Celestial One, the person who can supposedly use it responsibly. Her words, not mine.
And at that point, the Guardians were Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, Groot, Drax, Nebula and Mantis.
So what if Hala attacked? We had MORE than enough skill and expertise between us to whoop her ass.

So, of course... She DID attack.

Now, I'm not mathematician, but tell me if something's wrong with this here equation.

Hala + Glove to control her spear through the air + Her squad = The guardians kick her ass and kill all her men with ease.

Meanwhile Groot does almost nothing except for hold up that one pillar thing.

And then...

Hala + holding the spear manually = Kicks everyone's ass.

Something's not right here.

Couldn't Rocket still control the spear? Even pull it away from her remotely? Couldn't anyone shoot her? Stab her? Force her to cry her eyes out?
Hello? Did everyone grow a fucking mental handicap during that fight?

Hello?

Comments

• It's really, really dumb. Hala by herself defeated every single guardian + Nebula and Mantis and stole all of the eternity forge's power in like 30 seconds.

I empowered the artifact to help my friends, not to get punked for the SECOND time by Hala.

• edited August 2017
    1. Its was all for the drama man..... How did you expect the story to continue? If you had everything... Powered forge, killed Hala....

There would be nothing telltale would continue the story with if that happened...

1. It's Telltale game not a movie.... Those animations and all the stuff around are really hard to synchronise and even make some choreography of movements.... You can't expect some huge fights there....

All that happened was so that story could continue and not end here. I knkw your perspective that guardians could clearly win the fight but they didn't so the story with Hala will continue

• But the thing is...
    No one held a gun to their heads.

If they couldn't have a huge fight and do it well... Why have a huge fight in the first place?

If the story would have ended right there if it weren't for dumb convenience, why have it be that way in the first place?

Just a thought... If you have an object that could bring people back from the dead, and had to load it across the galaxy... Why not have it so they're stopped along the way? Maybe push the Eternity Forge choice to the end of episode 4, giving more time to showcase the types of people who WOULD use it, other than the Guardians?

It's just that these problems are so fucking avoidable, that it's kinda disappointing to see them in this game.

Renkyys posted: »

* Its was all for the drama man..... How did you expect the story to continue? If you had everything... Powered forge, killed Hala.... T

• The thing that got me was when she was resurrecting her son. She's the only one left of her team and there's 7 guardians in the room. Half of them couldn't distract her while the other half grabbed the forge?

• Everyone gets the distracted by how rad her character design is.

• I don't usually know the exact "consequence" that my decisions in TT games will have, but I knew from the moment the Praying Mantis showed up, the forge decision was going to have a scene with Hala, since the game was going above and beyond about trying to convince me destroy it.

I have been playing these games since TWD 1, but sometimes I wish the story had a more natural flow based on your decisions. For example, I knew the Kree would attack us, but figured since the Forge needs bodies to transfer to bring back the dead, why not just use the Kree? Saves a lot of time if you ask me.

I love TT games, but I wish sometimes they could just let us be the agents of chaos if that is our choosing, and not just negate my choices by having someone intervene to prevent it from happeneing.

• Because plot.

Yes, really.

This is one of the oldest tropes in the book.

• Hala + Glove to control her spear through the air + Her squad = The guardians kick her ass and kill all her men with ease.

Which is already a flaw in the scenario, Hala is evidently powerful but her own men can't hold their own? Such a common but stupid trope in my opinion.

Meanwhile Groot does almost nothing except for hold up that one pillar thing.

He prevents it from collapsing, Mantis is also near him so he may have wanted to protect her, plus there were still Kree Soldiers around, so he could've been fending some off whilst the others faced Hala.

Couldn't Rocket still control the spear? Even pull it away from her remotely? Couldn't anyone shoot her? Stab her? Force her to cry her eyes out?

We saw Rocket attempt to control it but it backfired and nearly killed him, so it's possible that the glove has a built in mechanism to ensure that only Hala knows how to use it properly and considering she has enough power to stop the spear from piercing her, I would think she'd be strong enough to use it as a weapon even if it is under Rocket's control.
    No one attacking her while she was doing something with the forge is another trope used very commonly still, while it is rather stupid, it can be argued that the team was knocked around and is fatigued, Mantis doesn't really know how to fight and doesn't like to make people cry their eyes out and I suppose it could've been the case of "she's too powerful", considering direct hits from sharpened blades couldn't even scratch her skin, I doubt gunfire could've.

• Yep. That's probably the most accurate, logical reason for those events.

prink34320 posted: »

Hala + Glove to control her spear through the air + Her squad = The guardians kick her ass and kill all her men with ease. Which is

Sign in to comment in this discussion.