Lose Gordon’s trust or not?

I’m torn on losing Gordon’s trust just to be a brutal Batman.Should I talk to mori or stick to my ways and beat Eli half to death?

Comments

• I lost it by being brutal, this is my Batman story and i want it to be as different as possible to continuity.

• If brutal is your playstyle it makes sense to lose it and stick with Waller.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited August 2017

I stayed loyal to Gordon and I trusted Joker about his information. Riddler was his enemy so there is no reason that he could be messing with us. He is also showing a special interest to Bruce and this interest made its payment as finding the location. So, I didnt have any doubt to see Mori. Of course, going to Eli was a guarantee and it means that we will be good with Agency but I dont trust Agency like I am trusting GCPD. I didnt want to lose Gordon out of my side. He proved to be steadfastly loyal in the entire season 1. Plus, Waller has a shitty history anyway.

Beat Eli will not make any difference because Gordon will still pissed at you either way.Bluffing the signal at least will make Montoya satisfied.

• I was playing a Batman who was angry at the Riddler for killing Lucius. This has made him more ruthless, thus I have Batman interrogate Eli. However, I chose to scare him instead and didn't use violence. Which earned me Gordon's lost of trust, yet Renee thanked me for my restraint.

• Stayed loyal to Gordon I have a feeling this will pay off. Waller will throw us under the bus.

• I really enjoyed being able to play a Batman out for vengance! "You shouldn't have said his name Riddler! I'll make you pay for Lucius' death."

I was playing a Batman who was angry at the Riddler for killing Lucius. This has made him more ruthless, thus I have Batman interrogate Eli.

• According to her history, I have no doubt that she will do it.

Stayed loyal to Gordon I have a feeling this will pay off. Waller will throw us under the bus.

• As a D.C. nerd myself as soon as I saw Amanda, I thought "Shit she's gonna fuck something up." if you know anything about her character, she's not the most loyal.

• Yeah though as Alfred says all the bad stuff uncovered predates Waller's command of the agency.

Maybe she is not quite as heartless as she seems, after all if you chose to extract answers from Eli she claims to care about her fellow agents, the voice acting (and directing) is once again stellar as you can clearly discern concern in her voice.

That said there is not much of a choice between her and Gordon. She is crazy for demoting the commissioner.
    I get the feeling he and Waller have some history.

MrJava posted: »

According to her history, I have no doubt that she will do it.

• Yes but that concern should be obvious because they are her agents in field. What should be is that she should serve the purpose of Agency. Being an authoritative pain in the ass and demote someone that has nothing to do with an unexpected death of suspect is not a quite cooperation. She is not so reasonable right now.

Yeah though as Alfred says all the bad stuff uncovered predates Waller's command of the agency. Maybe she is not quite as heartless as sh

• She already gave the first tip as letting Batman know that she knows his identity.

As a D.C. nerd myself as soon as I saw Amanda, I thought "Shit she's gonna fuck something up." if you know anything about her character, she's not the most loyal.

• Well I love Gordon and really hate Waller so I did all the options that would Piss Waller off. I talked to Mori I never shared any info with her and I always picked the most hostile dialogue options.

• To be fair, Gordon wasn't exactly being reasonable either. The way he was territorial over the case seemed really petty to me. When he told me to keep all evidence to myself I refused. Even showed Waller the puzzle.

Yes but that concern should be obvious because they are her agents in field. What should be is that she should serve the purpose of Agency.

• Its because he knows Agency can be ruhtless and hypocratical which made sense for me. Main reason he was territorial is that they beat already Lady Arkham and her organization and they put down Two-Face and send him to Arkham or Blackgate so he figured they can deal with Riddler as well and make Agency involved was too way risky because of their reputation. And I dont think Gordon is wrong. In fact, he is right to being territorial.

AgentZ46 posted: »

To be fair, Gordon wasn't exactly being reasonable either. The way he was territorial over the case seemed really petty to me. When he told me to keep all evidence to myself I refused. Even showed Waller the puzzle.

• I really pissed off Gordon and that was on my list of things not to do. I'm actually going to playthrough one more time just to switch that back. I trust Gordon a million times more than the Agency, but I didn't want to make Bruce look worse with interrogating Mori, but hey, looks like that doesn't matter as much as I thought since they already know too much.

Always trust Gordon.

• I lost his trust (unintentionally) the second time I played through the episode. I'll keep it for an alternate save, but I just have to have Gordon on my side for my main save. Yeah, it's sticking to canon, but Batman and Gordon have built their own rapport specific to this series. It just feels wrong to throw that away.

• It just feels right for me because my Batman and Gordon have always butted heads.

VenomHD posted: »

I lost his trust (unintentionally) the second time I played through the episode. I'll keep it for an alternate save, but I just have to have

• I'm playing as a Batman who tries to involve Bruce as little as possible in his dealings with crime. My Bruce is a rich man with a mansion and he knows it.

I sent Bruce to talk to Harvey in season 1, but that is because they were already friends. My Batman wanted to go to Mori to preserve the trust with Gordon, but didn't want to risk Bruce being seen with more possible criminals. I've already got Waller's crew snooping around Wayne Tower. It is also why I told John that I wouldn't meet his friends. As much as I want to work with Gordon and the GCPD, he doesn't seem to trust Batman to do whats right.

If Batman has to be more of a lone wolf in my play through then so be it.

• I interrogated Eli but i honestly didn't see it as a betrayal to Gordon until i saw how upset he is. I mean, I told him that i knew Lucius so he should understand at least somewhat why i went around him for information. I regret it though and i hope to make amends with the man before the season is over.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited August 2017

You interrogated a guy who is in Gordon's custody without letting Gordon know. He will not be able to help the investigation because he will be broken mentally. Considering he is the right hand of Riddler and he knew almost everything about his gang, this may not the right call.

By the way, if you said "I am sorry" to Jim, how he will reply? I assume he will frustrated regardless.

I interrogated Eli but i honestly didn't see it as a betrayal to Gordon until i saw how upset he is. I mean, I told him that i knew Lucius s

• Yeah I was just blinded with rage after Lucius was killed,, I wasn't thinking about things like that. I really want to regain his trust. And idk, i chose the "I saved lives" option

You interrogated a guy who is in Gordon's custody without letting Gordon know. He will not be able to help the investigation because he will

• I say you do both in different saves.

I went to Mori, and instantly regretted it. Bruce was spotted by all of the agents. And, btw, why didn't Bruce call off the agents BEFORE walking in to Mori? That way he wouldn't have been seen, that bothered me a tad. Anyways, I went to Mori and was spotted, and Bruce got mixed up in something he probably shouldn't be. Instead of being on the spotlight furthermore I decided to betray Mori by not accepting the deal, and ran away.
    I realize it's not a very Bruce thing to do, but man, there was no right call there. I think that wether you go to Mori or Riddler's buddy you end up messing up, no matter how you approach them.

For my second playthrough I will go to Riddler's Buddy and interrogate him, risking my relation with Gordon. After all, it wouldn't be the first time that Batman interrogates someone in spite of Gordon's open disapproval. That way Bruce won't be targeted, I want him off the radar as much as possible because he is already too involved.

• It doesn't matter, it won't affect the story, just some dialogues... I'm getting bored, I used to really enjoy telltale games when they started coming out, but I got used to the mechanics and now they are just mini-series of 5 episodes to me, decisions were never real. I was captivated by the idea of changing the story, but once I realized that everything was an illusion and that It would be very hard to accomplish what I wanted telltale to do, I just gave up on my expectations.

• Does anyone else feel like I do?

• Telltale has been doing well now. Give them a chance lol.

It could have as much effect as Life is Strange.

Westford posted: »

It doesn't matter, it won't affect the story, just some dialogues... I'm getting bored, I used to really enjoy telltale games when they star

• I'm having good expectations for this one.

It doesn't matter, it won't affect the story, just some dialogues... I'm getting bored, I used to really enjoy telltale games when they star

• Lose his trust because he doesn't get demoted if you "betray" him.

• Yes. Lots of people. They should create a lot more scenarios than they do.

Does anyone else feel like I do?

• Didn't know this! Damn.

Lose his trust because he doesn't get demoted if you "betray" him.

• I stayed loyal to Gordon

• I am interested in exploring what a positive relationship with Waller will do to/for Bruce. Betray him if that interests you at all.

• GORDON FOREVAR

• I lost Gordon's trust by interrogating the suspect already in custody with the blessings of a government agent. I couldn't rationalize either associating myself with another known criminal as Bruce Wayne, or assaulting a man that was just a victim of a vicious crime that got his fingers lopped off...as Bruce Wayne.

I realize why Gordon's upset. Eli's testimony is worthless, and Riddler is dead. I don't see how the other way isn't equally awful lol. I'm also unwilling to get Gordon demoted. Gotham needs Gordon where he is. I can get some dirt on my cape, and hurt his feelings to spare Gotham from losing such a valuable asset. Batman can't be everywhere. The way I see it, Batman may be the city's sword, but Gordon is the city's shield.

• It's hard to say, honestly. Amanda Waller comes in many forms, but all of them complex. Sometimes she's just greedy and self-serving, but a lot of the time she does genuinely have the best interests of the country and its people at heart, even if she goes about it quite ruthlessly.

As a D.C. nerd myself as soon as I saw Amanda, I thought "Shit she's gonna fuck something up." if you know anything about her character, she's not the most loyal.

• I don't see why going after Mori as Batman couldn't be an option. You could still distract the guards away, and as Batman you could actually interrogate Mori without having to stoop to shady deals and/or violence. Plus he already owes Batman for saving his life from Riddler.

JStaff21 posted: »

I'm playing as a Batman who tries to involve Bruce as little as possible in his dealings with crime. My Bruce is a rich man with a mansion a

• Batman can't be everywhere. The way I see it, Batman may be the city's sword, but Gordon is the city's shield.

Hadn't thought of it that way, but it makes sense, and I really like it.

• I kept my trust with Gordon and got Mori out. Screw Waller

• Didn't want to risk the Agency finding out BW is Batman so I didn't follow up on John's lead and went to Eli instead. First I wasn't going to get rough with him, even though I was brutal during season 1, out of respect for Gordon, who I consider a friend. When Waller told me about the missing agents, that all went out the window. When lives are at stake, my Batman does whatever it takes, as long as no one dies.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.