Why there will never be a season 2 of Telltale's GoT

Like many I enjoyed GoT from Telltale enough that I was pumped when they announced a season 2. But it has not shown up. Many people say...well they just want it to coincide with the finale season maybe...or that they are focusing on TWAU....but in the last few days a bigger reason has been uncovered.

POSSIBLE BATHESDA OPEN WORLD GoT RPG

And it is easy to see that if Bathesda is putting in the amount of cash needed for a AAA open world RPG....they will not want any other games to come out that is not under their brand.

So what do you guys think?

Comments

• Two companies can make a game based on the same IP at a time - Telltale and Overkill are both making games based on the Walking Dead's IP, so it shouldn't really have any impact.

• I think that our game has to come on one moment or another.
    Telltale got the rights to work on a product first so they should not be intimidated or pressed by other company to stop doing it.
    All companies have fans that they want to please we are on that group ;)

• Honestly, I'd take a well made GoT open world RPG over telltale's season 2 any day :D That said, I wouldn't say that Bethesda making a GoT game would mean there won't be a season 2. These games would be in a completely different genres, and thus could easily co-exist.

• Even though they confirmed that season 2 is in development and just recently Job said they will return to it at some point. I don't see how another company making a game in the same franchise implies that Telltale can't make another season.

• GoT s2 was confirmed to be in development, GoT VA cast just had a secret gathering, and Job just said in an interview that s2 is still coming but they are waiting to see what happens on the show.

You couldn't be more wrong, great theory though.

• He said it is on hold...that is PR for not going to happen.

GoT s2 was confirmed to be in development, GoT VA cast just had a secret gathering, and Job just said in an interview that s2 is still coming but they are waiting to see what happens on the show. You couldn't be more wrong, great theory though.

• That is BS. If it weren't going to happen the PR would have been "there are no plans but we hope to revisit" or "while we loved GoT there are other projects to focus on". But no, he said they are waiting until the end of the show to write the next installment. I'm thankful for this because the season felt wonky as hell including Ramsey around the same time that he died on the show.

He said it is on hold...that is PR for not going to happen.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.