Put your own spin on the Batman Villains: Telltale-Style

We all know that Telltale has kept their Batman lore fairly "realistic" so far. They haven't delved into the supernatural or fantasy category of villains yet, so the villainous slate is still grounded enough. (Yes, we had Blockbuster, but I like to think that he was simply pumped full of steroids and had a bad reaction to it.)

Anyway, name a villain and propose as realistic an idea as possible to justify their existence in Telltale's Batman world. Maybe even add a twist to the character if you can think of one.

I'll start with Clayface. He's the big shapeshifting ball of clay, and he can turn into anyone, or anything. For the purposes of Telltale's world, I'm going to take his name literally, but limit it to just impersonating persons. He's completely human, of course.. and this Clayface uses thin painted clay masks and body molds to disguise himself as other people. He would have an extreme attention to detail and would be obsessed on knowing everything about someone to play the part perfectly.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2017

That is actually a great idea! It even fits telltale-style gameplay. We are not going to fight him with QTE, we will fight him through dialogue. Like with him taking on Bruce Waynes appearence etc.
    It is hard to come up with such ideas, because telltale seem to mix different approaches. Like some villains are completely different while some are regular villains we all know, except for a few minor details.
    I would want Ra's to appear at some time. But not as a villain, more like what they did to Waller. He will be a bussinessman or something, having a company in Gotham, a rivalry with Wayne interprises. But he would claim to know Bruces parents and would try to be our ally, only to betray us in the end. No supernatural reviving pits, but he could ran a medical company called Lazarus!
    Not a main villain, but some to cause interference for two episodes

• Thank you! Good one on the Ra's twist!

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

That is actually a great idea! It even fits telltale-style gameplay. We are not going to fight him with QTE, we will fight him through dialo

• my twist is on hush! in my version (for story reasons) he looks like a weird blend of bruce and oswald; it's oddly unsettling to look at. he's gotham's top surgeon and has an unhealthy obsession with bruce wayne and oswald; he hates the fact penguin got to hurt bruce before HE did. he's also very secretive, appears calm and collected and runs a secret club of sadists called "the hush society" that preys on gotham's little people and uses them as toys in their sick games.
    another twist is on black mask; i turned black mask into gotham's crime royalty /of sorts/. they control the financial currents from the shadows, and are the bank for gotham's criminals; they're basically an opportunist and a war profiteer. also no one knows who's hiding behind a mask - black mask is good at covering their tracks. if you're crafty enough to figure out who's bearing the mantle - you're also crafty enough to take it upon yourself. sadly, it also means the previous wearer wasn't smart enough and isn't needed anymore... which basically means i killed roman sionis off. whoops!
    i also have the scarecrow, but he's more of me paying homage to my favorite uni professors, than having a legitimate twist. :P crane is a very pleasant and friendly individual who first based his fear toxin on stuff lady arkham left behind - fear is, after all, primal and hidden. his interest in fear is purely academic; there are no deeper motives. he's just a depraved academic running experiments on people.

• Hmm. That's certainly an interesting take on the character.

That is actually a great idea! It even fits telltale-style gameplay. We are not going to fight him with QTE, we will fight him through dialo

• edited October 2017

Killer croc: A former freak show worker who was born with scales but was experimented on by Thomas Wayne and made into a monster. The night the waynes were killed he escaped his confinement and became an urban legend amongst the gotham. But when people's horribly mutated bodies start showing up all signs point to the sewers but crocs just a legend...or is he?

• edited October 2017

Solomon Grundy.

A 64 year old, old-fashioned notorious crime boss who ran the streets of Gotham in the 80s. He was shot down by the police after a breakout attempt at Blackgate prison and was considered dead by the authorities.

Years pass by and Solomon Grundy makes his return to claim his stomping grounds and kill the ones who “betrayed” him in Blackgate.

Despite his age, Grundy is a very strong formidable opponent able to take on a battalion of armed police officers and withstand up to over a dozen punches and kicks to the face.

His real name is unknown but he took a liking toward nursery rhymes and adopted the name, “Solomon Grundy.”

Nobody knows how exactly Grundy “came back from the dead” or how he got so strong but there are unconfirmed stories about him injecting a specific kind of drug into himself almost every day in his cell as well as regularly attending the medical wing in Blackgate which was heavily supported by the warden and the warden’s “business partners.”

• So mine is MAD HATTER. I don't think a guy that has a freaking card that controls minds would work I'm changing it up a bit. So Mad Hatter (Jarvis Tetch) was a doctor. He had a sister as they were young he abused her and she couldn't stand it. One day their parents die and he was alone with her. After some years she was driven to insanity because of the abuse on the hands of her brother. One day the cops accidentaly killed her and Jarvis Tetch turned into the Mad Hatter. He uses a drug made by his sister's blood and a formula he made to drive people to insanity and control their minds

• Talia Al Ghul would be a more likely appearance due to her ties to Batman in the lore.

• edited October 2017

A DLC Episode idea for a villain:Gordon's been tracking a string of missing people in gotham turns into a nightmare from his past as mysterious dolls made of human flesh and bones show up on his door step the flesh belonging to the missing people and a message in blood reading "You took my family away now I'll take yours" and the only one who can help is Batman

• edited October 2017

Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy.

A fat, unattractive botanist working for Wayne Enterprises' agricultural sector. She and Bruce could start developing a friendly semi-romantic relationship, which might move Pamela to tears, as she felt no one (let alone Bruce Wayne) would ever express a serious interest in her simply because of her physical appearance. A lifetime of endless bullying and being ignored by a long line of handsome alpha males hasn't exactly helped her self-esteem. The fateful accident in the lab occurs, after which she enters a chrysalis and emerges as the familiar green-skinned seductress of the comics. But while she's become beautiful on the outside, she's turned ugly on the inside, evident in her alarming lack of empathy towards anybody other than her fellow chlorophyll-based lifeforms.

Depending on how they interacted prior to Pamela's transformation, Bruce could be the only one who can still reach her. A subplot could have Pamela invading/cultivating Bruce's manor into her own private botanical Eden.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.