Ep 5 idea

Is it possible if you empowered the forge that if nebula died a good person it's possible you could bring her to life

Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2017

I think that might happen.
    The given that Hala gets her Forge's power either way (through direct or indirect means), she'll be defeated in the end.
    But, since the Forge and its power can still be used in the Empowered story after she's gone, I'm betting us players who are on that path will get a "reward" to be able to use it or not.

• I would not be surprised if Telltale dabbled in that storyline, as they seem to be teasing the idea of the Guardians wanting to use it for themselves. Though, with how the earlier episodes were going, I was sooner expecting the metaphorical choice to revolve around which of the five Guardians you would choose to allow them to use the Forge for their own purposes. I was not quite expecting the idea of that to have to extend to possibly using it on one of the main characters themselves.

• Part of my logic of empowering the Forge was believing something like this would happen.

I don't know what Hala's son was doing at the end of Episode 4, but perhaps he'd help us out. Obviously, everyone Hala killed would be revived by killing the Kree she revived by killing the people to revive the Kree. Plus some extra Kree Hala already had, and probably Hala herself? I'm not sure if her son is coming to us, maybe he does want to stop her, but I doubt he wants his mother dead.

Anyway, I think we'd get these people as options (as applicable): Meredith Quill, Lylla, Nebula, Drax, Hovat, and Kamalia. I imagine you would only be able to revive 2 or 3.

• edited October 2017

I really can't see this series getting a second season (sadly) so I think Telltale should go through with that and go all out.

• I think I know how they could revive someone if the forge is empowered I believe that Hala will die and her soul will be put inside the forge and this will give you a choice who to bring back.

• I have same feeling about bringing others back by forge. But I am also aware that Mantis in ep3 said something like "they won't be the same". I think it may go like that: they will bring someone back (or even all of them) but that in the end that won't be something they will like and it could turn kinda 'bad'.

What I mean by that, i.e. Peter will bring Meredith back but it won't be same Meredith as he knows her or she will have some really bad flaws. And yes I know Halaa brought back her son, but we didn't see him much and don't know how bringing him back by forge affected him.

Also I think it will be different for people deceased not so long ago like Nebula/Drax.

We will have Thanos revived too probably.

• Hope so... But having the choice to bring someone back to life would be the thoughest choice TT would ever make so I bet they´ll do it one way ot another

I think I know how they could revive someone if the forge is empowered I believe that Hala will die and her soul will be put inside the forge and this will give you a choice who to bring back.

• This is the reason why I thought empowering the forge would be the most interesting choice.. I think I would bring Drax back if there can be only one.

• But I am also aware that Mantis in ep3 said something like "they won't be the same".

She did? I missed that; I wonder what changes she was alluding to?

Ravandel posted: »

I have same feeling about bringing others back by forge. But I am also aware that Mantis in ep3 said something like "they won't be the same"

• Well, I think whatever the hell was going on with Hala's son might be something. He was clearly a little lost when he was being revived, and if the empowering the force choice was done, his "We need to talk" thing to Peter might be a sign that he doesn't agree with what his mother is doing, possibly because he has been changed.

But I am also aware that Mantis in ep3 said something like "they won't be the same". She did? I missed that; I wonder what changes she was alluding to?

• I didn't empower the forge in my playthrough so I didn't personally get that storyline, but that's an interesting detail to note.

Well, I think whatever the hell was going on with Hala's son might be something. He was clearly a little lost when he was being revived, and

• We do have Peter who was already revived, but nothing's really wrong with him yet.
    It could be that only the Empowered Forge has real side-effects, but then all of Hala's soldiers should as well.
    Even then, maybe only the people whom you revive by the time-manipulation thing are affected, but then wouldn't that be the same as reviving someone else from your time period? Is the time-revive a one-use thing?

I don't know what's what right now. It's all kind of vague so we don't have a concrete answer to it all yet, if ever...

Well, I think whatever the hell was going on with Hala's son might be something. He was clearly a little lost when he was being revived, and

• I am thinking about side effects of that ultimate forge power, not kind of basic that brought Peter back, ye.

AChicken posted: »

We do have Peter who was already revived, but nothing's really wrong with him yet. It could be that only the Empowered Forge has real side

• In ep3, after Mantis is caught by Peter listening to music there is conversation, and Mantis is saying that all crew members are sad, if you tell her that Forge can change that, she will reply:
    "That doesn't necessarily mean you should."
    Then:
    "You must have realized this by now but... if you bring someone back, it can never be as it was."

But I am also aware that Mantis in ep3 said something like "they won't be the same". She did? I missed that; I wonder what changes she was alluding to?

• Maybe it's not "Something is wrong with the person" after the revive, but more "The group changes, they turn on each other".

She has seen many people get corrupted and fight over the Forge, so maybe she means that having that amount of power only brings pain. People fight over this magical artifact, they would want to use it for their own good. After seeing Peter get revived, that's really when the whole crew started turning on each other, and wanting to use the Forge for themselves.

Ravandel posted: »

In ep3, after Mantis is caught by Peter listening to music there is conversation, and Mantis is saying that all crew members are sad, if you

• You might be right. Didn't think about that before :)

AChicken posted: »

Maybe it's not "Something is wrong with the person" after the revive, but more "The group changes, they turn on each other". She has seen

• Nah, Its just the same as people wanting Reuben in Minecraft Story Mode to come back to life. If they die, they are lifeless.

• edited October 2017

Right. And that makes sense. In Minecraft, there is nothing in the world that can bring something back to life.. At least, none that we have seen.

But in this series? It's very likely it could happen (and it already has). The main plot device is an artifact that can revive people.

Nah, Its just the same as people wanting Reuben in Minecraft Story Mode to come back to life. If they die, they are lifeless.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.