They are able to keep the determinant characters alive.

Hey guys I have been gone a long time. However, Telltale has been getting better at making choices matter. Minecraft Season 1 and Season 2 have one of the most important player choices. Rather your character is male or female and guess what if we use that kind of mindset in game of thrones it'll kind of be like Rodrik and Asher's determinant choice. But now I can hear some fans saying no it is not the same because Minecraft has you playing as male or female from the beginning. I understand that point of view but there are no differences between where the ending of Season 1 places Rodrik and Asher's status. Both of them have lost 2 brothers, both are Lords of Ironrath, both have lost the same people just differently. So if telltale can pull off a model swap with a voice swap for Season 1 and Season 2 of Minecraft.... why not Game of Thrones? I have faith they can pull it off.

Comments

• Sorry for spoilers!

• Yea they cant just kill both of them because it'll feel empty in some way

• I get what you're saying but I hope all the dialogue isn't the exact same for both characters. Asher and Rodrik are very different people.

• I doubt it'll be exactly the same. They have experience changing the dialogue around and making some choices matter. Batman The TellTale Series incorporates many different choices in the second season that not everyone has the same playthrough. Yes the scenes are the same but everyone's Batman and Bruce Wayne is different. So TellTale will probably make the game based on our choices for the first episode and then bring the rest Asher's and Rodrik's story on a similar route and then separate it again near the end of the season. Like maybe episode 1 will have Rodrik talking to Duncan/Royland about trying to save Elena if player's didn't send her home during the battle of ironrath, or maybe Rodrik telling them that they have to meet with Lord Glenmore and then having them meet and agree to help the Forresters or not. Then at the end of the season depending on players getting Lord Glenmore's help will allow them to support them in the battle against the whitehills. Asher's can play out the same depending on if he chose to marry Gwyn by having the support of some of the Whitehill's who want to get out of Ludd's army joining Asher's army. Just my thoughts on how I thought this story and choice can work out.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I get what you're saying but I hope all the dialogue isn't the exact same for both characters. Asher and Rodrik are very different people.

• I actually hope Rodrik, at the least, dies. It was unrealistic enough that he survived being crushed by a 1-ton horse with no medical treatment for a weeks-long journey, let alone the shit that happens in the final episode.

• The world of asoiaf and GOT is known for its realistic storytelling but at the end it still is fiction.If Asher survives along season 2,Rodrik will to.They are the two sides of a coin that fullfil the same role on the story being the pilar of the plot.
    Rodrik/Asher will be given interchangeable scenes with vague differences in their interactions and minor events on the story.

And for Rodrik's injuries you're right he should have died on the Middle ages on the corpse cart as well as it should Sandor Clegane and the Mountain,Jon Snow,Beric Dondarrion(book Catelyn Stark) stayed dead but this is asoiaf there is sense but it can be broken when the fucking writers agree to it.

Flog61 posted: »

I actually hope Rodrik, at the least, dies. It was unrealistic enough that he survived being crushed by a 1-ton horse with no medical treatment for a weeks-long journey, let alone the shit that happens in the final episode.

• It's realistic sure, but not everyone is the same as each other. In the eyes of the gods some are more crucial than others and keep them alive until their part is over. So you could say that's the case for either Rodrik or Asher. Weirder things have happened in GoT than someone living from a horse falling onto them.

Tunak23 posted: »

The world of asoiaf and GOT is known for its realistic storytelling but at the end it still is fiction.If Asher survives along season 2,Rodr

• Gods, I hope you are right. I have accepted that Mira is going to be dead, but I do not want every determinant player to die in the first episode of season two. >!

• Nah I doubt that TellTale would make a choice like that. The Walking Dead A New Frontier did that and that game did not receive good criticism from that. I hated the fact that the determinant characters were just background noise and resulted in nothing but flashbacks which had nothing to do with season 3. I hope TellTale takes as much time as they need to make the choices matter. Like I always said they did it with Minecraft they can do it with Game of Thrones!

ShampaFK posted: »

Gods, I hope you are right. I have accepted that Mira is going to be dead, but I do not want every determinant player to die in the first episode of season two. >!

• When you say determinant characters, you really should just say Asher or Rodrik because then your referring to just them instead of other characters like the Sentinel/Traitor, Ludd/Gryff, Bloodsong, Erik, Bowen, and possibly Finn. I can see them keeping Rodrik and Asher alive along with who they go with and who they're against, but other then that I feel like every other character that I mentioned will be just scrapped away and forgotten. And I don't want that to happen. But it might not make a difference but still. I'm still disappointed though of how the game disposes of characters that had potential ( the Beast, Amaya, Norren, Arthur, Mira etc).

• I think of the Forrester family members as primary characters. We had no ability to shape what happened to Ethan... but Mira's death is one that I consider to be determinant, along with Asher and Roderick.

• edited October 2017

If she marries Morgryn, Mira's ending codex basically says that she sold out her family and her honor to stay alive....I also find it interesting that she is not shown on the menu screen with either Rodrik/Asher and Gared after episode 6, even if she lived. I think that indicates she is no longer an active "agent" working to advance the Forrester cause.

So to put her in the same group of "primary" determinant characters who will have a big role in season 2 like Rodrik/Asher doesn't seem to be a strong argument to me...

I think of the Forrester family members as primary characters. We had no ability to shape what happened to Ethan... but Mira's death is one that I consider to be determinant, along with Asher and Roderick.

• It might be better for the Forresters to be devastated over Mira's execution than having more problems as much as we want Morgryn to get his comeuppance. I really see no need for a King's Landing sequence especially with the Sparrow storyline.

Pahn711 posted: »

If she marries Morgryn, Mira's ending codex basically says that she sold out her family and her honor to stay alive....I also find it intere

• I don't see why Morgryn can't get his "comeuppance" even if he doesn't marry Mira.....he is still working with Ludd to steal Ironwood from the Forresters, is he not? He may yet cross paths with them again!

It might be better for the Forresters to be devastated over Mira's execution than having more problems as much as we want Morgryn to get his comeuppance. I really see no need for a King's Landing sequence especially with the Sparrow storyline.

• i feel like Mira would just end up dead anyway due to what happens in King s landing with the Sparrow so even if Mira did manage to Kill Morgryn it really wouldnt matter.

• I don't think I read the codex, and also was not aware of this:

I also find it interesting that she is not shown on the menu screen with either Rodrik/Asher and Gared after episode 6, even if she lived. I think that indicates she is no longer an active "agent" working to advance the Forrester cause.

Since she was one of my favorite characters of season one, this is disappointing to me.

If she marries Morgryn, Mira's ending codex basically says that she sold out her family and her honor to stay alive....I also find it intere

• I think that since Lord Rodrik or Lord Asher were on the main menu screen along with Gared that means that they will be playable in Season 2. Mira rather she lives or dies is not on the main menu which probably means she will not playable. Characters like Ethan and Rodrik/Asher were removed from the main menu screen when they were no longer playable.

I don't think I read the codex, and also was not aware of this: I also find it interesting that she is not shown on the menu screen wi

• Mira's chances aren't looking good. I wouldn't expect her to be embracing Rodrik/Asher and sobbing. I think Elsera and Josera are being set up to replace the lost brother and sister.

• edited October 2017

While I understand the disappointment of Mira fans, I think the choice to reject Morgryn's offer is a fitting end for her character. Cersei asks her in episode 1 how far she is willing to go to protect her family....There couldn't be a more clear answer than sacrificing her life for them!

The problem with making Elsera and Josera playable characters is that they are currently with Gared....Can we have three playable characters interacting together so closely? How would that work? In season 1, that only happened two times (that I can remember) and it occurred very briefly: Gared and Rodrik at the beginning of episode 1, and Rodrik and Asher at the end of episode 5.

If I had to bet money on who replaces Mira and either Rodrik/Asher in season 2, it would be Talia and Ryon. Especially if season 2 involves a time skip! Ryon is traveling with Beskha, which could turn into a relationship that mirrors Arya Stark and the Hound or Brienne of Tarth and Podrik! Training him to be a warrior and exact revenge for his family would be a pretty exciting scenario, IMO.

Mira's chances aren't looking good. I wouldn't expect her to be embracing Rodrik/Asher and sobbing. I think Elsera and Josera are being set up to replace the lost brother and sister.

• I agree with the whole playable characters being in the same scene and for that reason I believe that Sylvi will be a key factor in the Cotter ending. Your relationship with Sylvi will probably determine who stays alive Josera or Elsera. Gared I can see him lasting the entire series because he may be the equivalent to Jon Snow for the Forrester's. Rodrik and Asher I can also see them lasting the entire series but I think they may end up dying at some point in the series I really hope not as they are both my favorite characters along with Gared.

Also the interacting with each other thing was done in Tales from the Borderlands and handled pretty well. So maybe it might work for one scene in Game of Thrones.

Talia becoming like Arya would be cool but like someone else mentioned I doubt she could become as badass as Arya because she doesn't have a warrior training her like Ryon. Talia could perhaps encounter someone on the road who kidnaps her and is a master of stealth or something like that.

While I understand the disappointment of Mira fans, I think the choice to reject Morgryn's offer is a fitting end for her character. Cersei

• "While I understand the disappointment of Mira fans, I think the choice to reject Morgryn's offer is a fitting end for her character. "

I completely agree. Mira was one of my favourite characters and I really did not want her to die but when it came to the end and it was either her or Tom, I just couldn't let her sacrifice everything to Morgryn and let Tom take her place. I liked Tom. He helped Mira out so much when he really didn't have any reason to.

"I agree with the whole playable characters being in the same scene and for that reason I believe that Sylvi will be a key factor in the Cotter ending."

I agree with that and I personally would like to play as Sylvi... and Talia. (Along with Asher and Gared as I do believe their story is not over.)

• I would prefer if Talia and the Lord of Ironrath are kept together and Talia learns how to survive and fight from either Rodrik or Asher. Perhaps Talia will be amongst the cast of main characters and she is the one who travels to Winterfell to meet with Sansa or Jon and speak on behalf of Lord Forrester if they are to injured to make the trip there. However, I hope Rodrik and Asher remain alive because they are crucial to the story and a key character in the Forrester and Whitehill Battle. I do not want TellTale to repeat their mistakes they should be able to keep determinant characters alive because it does involve a bit more coding but the end results would be amazing!

"While I understand the disappointment of Mira fans, I think the choice to reject Morgryn's offer is a fitting end for her character. " I

Sign in to comment in this discussion.