Do I need to watch the movie to understand or play the game?

I dont really have any reasonable options to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, however Id like to play the game, does the game spoil anything from the movie, do I need to watch the movie to understand or play the game, or is it completely seperate?

Comments

• The game doesn't (to the best of my knowledge after watching both Guardians of the Galaxy movies) ruin either movie experience. One aspect of Peter which is explored in the second movie is included in the game, but the way Telltale handles this character development is very different.

Also, you truly don't need any previous knowledge from the movies or comics in order to absolutely enjoy the game. You learn a lot of backstories that aren't even included in the movies at all. The most that will happen if you play the game before watching the movies is that you'll have a better sense of the characters themselves; and you'll have a hell of a time playing a fantastic (and perhaps underappreciated) game!

• Nah I actually think it's better if you don't see the movie and don't have any info on the pre-existing relationships, since this is in it's own unique canon

• edited November 2017

No you do not need the movies to understand the game and it does not spoil the movies! TellTale has done an awesome job of allowing enough development time for each of the characters to let you understand why they are the guardians in the first place. Also they introduce some great comic characters in the game that I will not spoil since it seems like you have not played the game. I recommend the game it is funny, epic, and even emotional at times and the pacing is really good. There are some parts that are a bit slow but nothing boring. In fact I've been having a lot of fun with this game. Waiting for the finale tomorrow and so hyped for it.

• I mean if you want to know more about the charactors, yeah. but if you wanna go in full blasting (like i did) and dont know much, your all welcome to.

• No not at all I've seen the movie and I'm still trying to figure out when this game takes place.

• This game does not take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Sbs1280 posted: »

No not at all I've seen the movie and I'm still trying to figure out when this game takes place.

• I didn't watch but I enjoyed the game

• You would get a better understanding of all the characters and catch Easter eggs easier if you did watch the movie(s) but I think you could still play fine without having seen the movie(s)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.