Season 2!!

I have to admit, i was very critical of GOTG. But after completing it can say Telltale have changed my opinion as i truly loved it!!. With that tease at the end i really hope they go forward with a season 2, hopefully with as quick a turn around as Batman.

Great Job Telltale 9/10

Comments

• Just finished the episode... And I was surprised that there was an extra scene!
    I won't get my hopes up for Season 2 (because A. There's way too many divergent paths that have occurred so far [I don't know how different things end up in the end depending on the EP3 Forge choice] and B. This wasn't a very successful Telltale game, sales-wise.)

• I'm really excited

• I thought the same thing but the ending scene was clearly a tease for season 2. Seems that regardless of sales, Telltale probably has a multi season contract with a huge company like Marvel.

AChicken posted: »

Just finished the episode... And I was surprised that there was an extra scene! I won't get my hopes up for Season 2 (because A. There's wa

• So did Game of Thrones, apparently. Didn't stop them from not releasing a second season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but simply because they have a multi-year contract doesn't mean they will use those extra years. It only gives them the rights to use the franchise in that period of time.

I thought the same thing but the ending scene was clearly a tease for season 2. Seems that regardless of sales, Telltale probably has a multi season contract with a huge company like Marvel.

• Telltale recently said that they are waiting until season 7 of the show is over to finish season 2. So yeah I'm passed that it has been so long but it's still supposed to happen.

Pretty sure a multi season contract means that Telltale is obligated to release more than one season within a certain time frame, not just do however much or little they feel like.

So did Game of Thrones, apparently. Didn't stop them from not releasing a second season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but simply because they

• I very much doubt much work was put into GoT Season 2 between the "announcement" of it and the statement of continuing after the show.
    Whatever the ramifications of the contract is, hopefully you're right and it's a "multi-season" thing. Whether that be another Guardians season or some other Marvel property, who knows. Right now, we can only wait.

Telltale recently said that they are waiting until season 7 of the show is over to finish season 2. So yeah I'm passed that it has been so l

• Yeah I dont think much work has actually been done on s2 except for plot and writing work. They have a bit of time before the show is finished so it makes sense to focus on current projects.

I truly think GotG will be getting a sequel, as surprising as that is. They could have put a funny Yondu scene after the credits, or another joke about the bartender. But it was a straight up Thanos + mysterious assassin cliffhanger and I dont think even Telltale would tease that much if they weren't planning for a sequel. But yeah we will see, this series ended up growing on me and i wouldn't mind another season. Plus im not sure which other Marvel series could even tie into GotG in a logical way.

I very much doubt much work was put into GoT Season 2 between the "announcement" of it and the statement of continuing after the show. Wha

• I think it was pretty successful, quality wise especially concerning branching story-lines as well as sales-wise on sites such as Steam, although it does seem that the newer Telltale games aren't selling as much as the older ones.

Just finished the episode... And I was surprised that there was an extra scene! I won't get my hopes up for Season 2 (because A. There's wa

• edited November 2017

I mean there has to be a season 2 if they had no plans for it they wouldn’t show that clip or they will at least explain it. I’m surprised seeing as this game was not so successful telltale is showing sales don’t matter and the people who did play this game for the most part loved it. I really adored this series though, it was a fun ride.

• I am doubting s2 as well but different paths shouldn't be a problem. They can just do something like that -> revived person stays at Knowhere (maybe except Nebula). Other things might not even appear like Halaa etc.

• My thoughts exactly. I mean it's sad to see this game didn't sell well, but I think what with Marvel ordering funko pops based of Rocket, Llyla, Hala, and Gamora, I'm pretty sure they ordered Telltale to make a second season regardless of how the first did. DC probably did the same with Batman.

I thought the same thing but the ending scene was clearly a tease for season 2. Seems that regardless of sales, Telltale probably has a multi season contract with a huge company like Marvel.

• I'm honestly surprised that they were hinting at a second season, considering how down the sales were for this one. I wouldn't be opposed to a 2nd season, but I wouldn't really get my hopes up over there being one.

• Could just be bonus episodes like Minecraft s1 got

Creeper1846 posted: »

I mean there has to be a season 2 if they had no plans for it they wouldn’t show that clip or they will at least explain it. I’m surprised s

• I was so surprised I said "whaaat" out loud when that scene started since people here had gotten my hopes down.. but now they're up again! My optimism returns. I would love a second season.

• While I loved GOTG, I can't really see it getting another season.

Personally, I was gunning for seeing Howard the Duck, Pip the Troll, and Cosmo the Russian Space Dog in a post-credits scene. Sadly, that did not occur.

• It would be cool if we get a Marvel Universe for Telltale's Games and perhaps in the future we could see some of the choices from Guardians have a small impact? I just think it would be cool to have an Infinity War game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.