Episode 5 choices

What did u do and why did u pick them

Comments

• I went to drax first most if what I thought of the team was good I sent the bad guy to the cops and I gave rocket his girlfriend back since he had my back for a lot of the season

AnimalBoy posted: »

You first.

• edited November 2017

• I went after Rocket because I wasn't ready to face Drax's wrath yet. I know he was furious in the last episode.
    • [Mixed Feelings] - I was worried when I thought about them. I think the Guardians feel conflicted about being in the group. Our proudest moment made me feel heroic.
    • I was never given a choice of who to hand Hala over to. The path I chose was locked to that scenario, I guess. [I used the Forge's power on the Celestial head, making it eviscerate the Kree armada.]
    • I was extremely conflicted on what to do with the Forge. I didn't really need its power, but I figured I'd put it to use with whatever it had left. I was deciding between Meredith, Lylla, and Nebula. I enjoyed what I saw of Rocket and Lylla's relationship, but didn't think he should really have her back. Nebula seemed like the best choice -- morally, because she was the one who had lost so much in this adventure. I wanted Meredith because the others allowed me to do so, but I figured that Peter should move on, and she'd then be brought into this dangerous, broken world. Eventually, I decided that I'd bring back Lylla. Rocket was such a jerk, he had caused so much annoyance across this season, so maybe -- to ease his sorrows, if I gave him what he wanted finally, he'd be a better animal-person-Racoon-thing. And I figured that Lylla would also make a good addition to the team, as well as someone who could empathise and calm Rocket down.
      Man, what that choice hard. So, so very hard. (Now I get to do it all over again! YAY! ... I'm serious. I am happy.)
  • I choose Kamaria. I wouldn't choose Meredith, that would be to selfish for me. I think Gamora and Nebula had a fitting end together so that wasn't an option for me. I was originally gonna choose Lylla, but in the end, Rocket seemed to have move on. So Kamaria it was. I also knows that losing a daughter/son is worse than anything else, so in the end, the choice was very clear to me.

AChicken posted: »

* I went after Rocket because I wasn't ready to face Drax's wrath yet. I know he was furious in the last episode. * [Mixed Feelings] - I wa

• Feels like the episode had zero choices if you destroyed the forge lol. Sided 100 with Gamora and groot, 16 with Rocket and 33 with Drax. Mantis joined, everyone else was dead. Drax was the hacker, Rocket protector, Groot distraction and Gamora got the helmet.

• I know right? All these choices I didn't get to choose makes me kind of want to replay the whole game. I saw that everyone was dead except for Mantis and I was like wait there were options here? Destroying the Forge definitely feels like the less interesting choice looking back on it after.

Jaku2011 posted: »

Feels like the episode had zero choices if you destroyed the forge lol. Sided 100 with Gamora and groot, 16 with Rocket and 33 with Drax. Ma

• To those of you that brought somebody back how did it work considering somebody has to die in order to bring them back. So did somebody die in order to bring them back or was it just glossed over?

• Btw on what depends if Mantis will be free or joing the guardians? In my run she was only freed.

• I would presume Hala had 1 charge left in forged from when she destroy the planet

• Went after Drax first, figured Gamora would be happier if i went to her with Drax on the ship.
    Mostly positive about Guardians.
    Hala was consumed by the forge.
    Didn't give Peter 1 last chance with his mum, i did my best to make Drax move on from his loss so I had to do the same.

Rocket was the hacker since he knew computers and stuff.
    Groot got the helmet cause of his reach.
    Drax was the protector for obvious reasons.
    Leaving either Gamora or Mantis to distract, i went with Gamora.
    Mantis joined the Guardians at the end.

• Drax turned out to be alive so of course I went after him first.
    Mostly positive about the guardians
    Hala was arrested by Nova Corps (don't recall being able to decide either way)
    Resurrected both Kamaria and Meredith on two different saves, I think Kamaria will be canon for me

Rocket was the hacker
    Groot was the protector, which Rocket liked
    Drax the Distractor, lol
    Gamora got the helmet

• edited November 2017

Is there any way to see those stats after the fact? I can see my 4 main choices but none of the other info. I accidentally skipped it when the credits ran the first time.

AChicken posted: »

* I went after Rocket because I wasn't ready to face Drax's wrath yet. I know he was furious in the last episode. * [Mixed Feelings] - I wa

• Nevermind. Found it.

cjd1112 posted: »

Is there any way to see those stats after the fact? I can see my 4 main choices but none of the other info. I accidentally skipped it when the credits ran the first time.

• Ok here are my choices (Main Save):

• I'm really curious how these who you sided with %s work. I sided with Rocket on every major decision there was to be made and it still says that I only sided with him 50% of the time. Gamora at 75%? I rarely sided with her on anything.

Rocket is the tech guy so i put him as the hacker. Gamora can take almost anyone down so i put her as Rocket's protector. Drax is loud and abrasive so i put him as the distraction. Groot was the only one left to grab the helmet.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

My choices

• edited November 2017

I'm wondering how these %sides work too. Based on all the percentages recorded here at the forum and my own results for these (I had rocket with 83, Groot at 66, Gamora at 50, and Drax at 20), I've worked out that there are 6 critical decisions with Rocket, (5/6 ~ 83%), 5 with Drax (all of his %s could be represented in a fraction out of 5), 8 with Gamora (all of her %s could be represented in a fraction out of 8), and 3 with Groot (all of his %s could be represented out of 3). I tried looking through some of the data files with IDA Pro, but I could not find anything specifically related to those %s, neither a subsection or a calculation.

Here is what I've found so far to be definitive:
    If you did not destroy the Eternity Forge, whichever Guardian's loss you decide to resurrect will make that Guardian 'Hopeful', excluding Peter, as well as Groot (Groot didn't lose anyone).

If you destroy the Eternity Forge, Peter will be 'Heroic'. If you keep it, Peter will be 'Loyal'

If you let Drax sacrifice himself and do not resurrect Lylla, Rocket will be 'Committed.' If instead you refuse to let Drax sacrifice himself and do not resurrect Lylla, Rocket will be 'Fearless.'

if you encourage Gamora to reconnect with Nebula and do not resurrect Nebula , Gamora will be 'Determined.' If you instead tell Gamora to stay away from Nebula and do not resurrect Nebula, Gamora will be 'Resilient'

If you let Drax sacrifice himself and do not resurrect Gamaria, Drax will be 'Inspired.' If you instead refuse to let Drax sacrifice himself and do not resurrect Gamaria, Drax will be 'Victorious.'

For the %sided with section, this section will be conjecture:

Key decisions that contribute to % sided:

R = Rocket
    D = Drax
    G = Gamora

Tell Gamora to contact Nebula(+G) or Avoid Nebula (+G)
    Sell Thanos to the Collector (+R) or to the Nova Corps(+G)
    Bring Gamora (+G) or Drax (+D) to Hala's Ship
    Go to Halfworld (+R) or go after Nebula(+G)
    Drax(+D) or Gamora(+G) in charge of Nebula
    Nebula Stays(+None) or Nebula leaves(+G)
    Keep (+D + R) or Destroy (+G) the Eternity Forge
    Travel with Rocket (+R) or with Gamora(+G)
    Exit out of the Front (+R) or the Back(+D) of the Monster
    Allow Drax to Sacrifice Himself (+D) or Refuse (+None)

%Sided with Rocket = ((Total +R )/6) * 100%
    %Sided with Gamora = (( Total +G)/8)100%
    %Sided with Drax = ((Total +D)/5)
    100%

Groot seems to follow his own system:

Groot's Key Decisions***
    -Allow/Don't allow him to keep his tree friend(+1/+0)
    -Destroy/Keep the Eternity Forge (+1/+0)
    -Shake/Refuse hand (+1/+0)
    %Sided With = (Total/3) * 100%

***0 points with Groot still seems to yield him a minimal 7%

Based on those decisions, to maximize your %sided with all of them (66% and 50% is better than 100% and 0%), you should do the following:

Sell Thanos to Nova Corps(+G)
    -Bring Gamora to Hala's Ship(+G)
    -Go to Halfworld (+R)
    -Gamora in Charge of Nebula(+G)
    -Nebula Leaves(+G)
    -Keep Forge(+D +R)
    -Travel with Gamora(+G)
    -Exit the Back(+D)
    -Allow Drax to Sacrifice Himself(+D+R)

-Allow Groot to Keep Tree Friend(+1)
    -Keep Eternity Forge(+0)
    -Shake Hand(+1)

%Sided with Rocket = ((4)/6) * 100% = 66%
    %Sided with Gamora = ((5)/8)100% = 62%
    %Sided with Drax = ((3)/5) * 100% = 60%
    %Sided with Groot = ((2/3))
    100% = 66%

This is a fairly interesting outcome, since you literally agree with every guardian about the same. Since you cannot get 100% for everyone, this seems to be the best possible outcome you can get if you're trying to maximize your %agreed with ALL guardians. For the above, you can substitute Selling Thanos to the Nova Corp and then traveling with Rocket, which will yield you the same outcome.

I'm really curious how these who you sided with %s work. I sided with Rocket on every major decision there was to be made and it still says

• Hey thx for a lot of info, but I am looking for other combinations and seems like its not the best. This guy got 33% Groot (I think you can go for more), 75% Gamora, 66% Rocket, 60% Drax:

alekgn posted: »

I'm wondering how these %sides work too. Based on all the percentages recorded here at the forum and my own results for these (I had rocket

• Thanks for letting me know. I'm still trying to refine the particular point allocation among the choices.

Ravandel posted: »

Hey thx for a lot of info, but I am looking for other combinations and seems like its not the best. This guy got 33% Groot (I think you can go for more), 75% Gamora, 66% Rocket, 60% Drax:

• edited November 2017

Also this guy got Loyal Peter with Eternity Forge destroyed:

I also saw somewhere Victorious Drax with letting him sacrifice himself. Imo its either bugged or much more to find out :P

Here is for example Committed Rocket even when you didn't let Drax sacrifice himself and Heroic Peter who powered up eternity forge:

Thanks for letting me know. I'm still trying to refine the particular point allocation among the choices.

• I destroyed the forge and got a loyal Peter

I'm wondering how these %sides work too. Based on all the percentages recorded here at the forum and my own results for these (I had rocket

• Huh. So it seems these parameters are a lot more complicated than I thought. Interesting. Still gonna keep trying to find exactly what scoring system Guardians uses, since I intend on playing another round where I maximize the best outcomes for companion relationships.

I destroyed the forge and got a loyal Peter

• edited November 2017

Alright, well I think I might have nailed down the relationship scoring system by now:
    Key:
    Gr = Groot
    Ga = Gamora
    R = Rocket
    D = Drax

Key Decisions:
    Episode 1:
    Tell Gamora to Reconnect with Nebula(+Ga) or to stay away from Nebula (+None)
    Sell Thanos to the Collector (+R) or to the Nova Corps(+Ga)
    Go after Hala with Gamora (+Ga) or Drax (+D)

Episode 2:
    Go to Halfworld (+R) or after Nebula (+Ga)
    Put Drax (+D) or Gamora (+Ga) in charge of watching Nebula
    Tell Rocket to keep(+R) or to throw away(+None) the wrist watch

Episode 3:
    Tell Nebula to Stay (+Ga) or to Leave(+None)
    Empower(+D +R) or Destroy the Eternity Forge(+Ga)

Episode 4:
    Travel with Rocket(+R) or with Gamora(+Ga)
    Exit out the front(+R) or the back(+D) of the Giant Monster
    Allow Drax to sacrifice himself(+D) or refuse to(+None)

Groot's Key Decisions:
    Allow him to keep his tree plant(+Gr) or tell him to throw it out(+None)
    Destroy the Eternity Forge (+Gr) or Empower it (+None)
    Shake his hand(+Gr) or refuse it(+None).

Note** a plus 0 seems to yield 7 percent for Groot.

%Sided
    Gamora = ((Total +Ga)/8) * 100%
    Drax = ((Total +D)/5) * 100%
    Rocket = ((Total +R)/6)100%
    Groot = ((Total +Gr)/3)
    100%

• These responses are consistent with what you see in the game and another very helpful poster that posted all of his results. Oddly though, I still had 20% for Drax even though I literally disagreed with him on all decisions and have a Total +D of 0. Perhaps this is just a programmed default value for having +0, or there's another event that I haven't thought of yet. I know it's not telling him that he killed Thanos, since in my game I did tell him that I was the one who killed Thanos, and still got the 20%. Maybe I have a bugged file, though I'm doubtful of that. Gamora, Rocket, and Groot all had completely consistent responses though, with both the poster and my own results. Did anyone get a Drax that was exactly 0% or something below 20%?

Alright, well I think I might have nailed down the relationship scoring system by now: Key: Gr = Groot Ga = Gamora R = Rocket D = Drax

• edited November 2017

I did 4 of the 6 choices in favor of Rocket and ended up with 50%. 4 out of 6 should have gotten me somewhere around 66%

I did 3 out of 8 with Gamora and ended up with 75%. With that math Gamora should have been around 37%

Alright, well I think I might have nailed down the relationship scoring system by now: Key: Gr = Groot Ga = Gamora R = Rocket D = Drax

• Huh. I guess I'm still way out of the ballpark. Though I am fairly confident in how many choices are relevant to each character, and I have not found anything to contradict my points for Groot. I think I'll make a new discussion for methods on the "You sided with." Thanks for your feedback, though. I mostly chose those out of what seemed the most logical based on actual events in the game.

I did 4 of the 6 choices in favor of Rocket and ended up with 50%. 4 out of 6 should have gotten me somewhere around 66% I did 3 out of 8 with Gamora and ended up with 75%. With that math Gamora should have been around 37%

• It's weird it says the Forge revived no one when I revived Nebula.. I did that because it seemed like Rocket was finally moving on, and because Meredith and Drax's daughter had been gone a long time. Only Nebula had something to do with the present time, and I was already mad and sad she died.

I really liked Bal-Dinn, he was a sympathetic character. I feel like I got the best ending, surprisingly. No one died and the Kree have a second chance. I gave Hala to the Nova Corps because Gamora wanted that. And of course I asked Mantis to join the Guardians!

So purple is the worst outcome? I guess at least someone is always purple then, mine is Drax.. So I seem to have gotten pretty good "Who you sided with" stats? I'm so confused by those and where they come from too. And Groot will always become green 100%? What's up with that.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how things turned out.

• Do you know what you did to keep Hala alive and taken in? I was trying to keep her alive and turn her over but her son ended up killing her.

lilsnek posted: »

It's weird it says the Forge revived no one when I revived Nebula.. I did that because it seemed like Rocket was finally moving on, and beca

• I don't remember right now, but I know one of the choices in that moment is to say "Just trust me" or something, which is the wrong one. I think it's just picking one of the other two that determines it. I know it's somewhere in my head because I actually took note when it happened, but at this second I can't remember! Ugh, so frustrating.. if someone remembers the two other choices I'll know.. I'll tell you when it comes back to me.

I should have just probably replied when I remember lol.

Do you know what you did to keep Hala alive and taken in? I was trying to keep her alive and turn her over but her son ended up killing her.

• You can have all blue above but you need charged forge and use for guardian you didnt care much. But I dont ow if Peter will be possible blue in that case tho.

It's weird it says the Forge revived no one when I revived Nebula.. I did that because it seemed like Rocket was finally moving on, and beca

• I had a charged forge, but I don't know what you mean by using it on a guardian I didn't care much? This is all so confusing.

And I'm thinking of finishing my second save right now, because that choice of how I saved Hala is seriously bugging me.

Ravandel posted: »

You can have all blue above but you need charged forge and use for guardian you didnt care much. But I dont ow if Peter will be possible blue in that case tho.

• Okay, so after Peter decides not to destroy the Kree armada I picked 'No one needs to die' while talking to Hala, but I just watched a video where the third choice 'Don't be stupid' was used and it led to the same conclusion. So I don't know if there's anything else that determines Hala being saved, probably not.

• edited November 2017

Huh.
    That's a nifty little post-game feature.  I like it.

• edited November 2017

My choices of ep5

• Loyal peter
    • Committed Rocket
    • Resilient Gamora
    • Victorious Drax
    • I am Groot

I completed this run with the destory forge scenario I ended up with Loyal Peter.

• That's enough. Thanks. I did pick Trust Me, so that's probably why she was killed in mine.

I don't remember right now, but I know one of the choices in that moment is to say "Just trust me" or something, which is the wrong one. I t

• edited November 2017

..`

• Using forge for guardian = ressurect loved one of that guardian

Guardian you didnt care much about = guardian which you worst or least sided with etc. That one which would get purple. If you use forge foe this guardian he l get green anyway.

I had a charged forge, but I don't know what you mean by using it on a guardian I didn't care much? This is all so confusing. And I'm thinking of finishing my second save right now, because that choice of how I saved Hala is seriously bugging me.

• So, my game kinda glitched and now I'll never know how much I sided with Gamora. Though I guess it'd be around 75%.

• edited November 2017

• If my decision model is correct, then yes, you scored 75% with Nebula.

Pipas posted: »

So, my game kinda glitched and now I'll never know how much I sided with Gamora. Though I guess it'd be around 75%.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.