Season 1 get new look?

Comments

• edited November 2017

Should it get it in terms of visuals? Sure. Can't say no to a good update, especially if it's free.
    Should it get it in terms of UI? No. I find Telltale's menus to be lacking in style compared to things pre-Batman.

• So they updated the UI. But did they update the visual look of the game?

• I don't think so.

So they updated the UI. But did they update the visual look of the game?

• Can you make some more screenshots?

I don't think so.

• Here is the full collection:

They updated the menu interface

The settings...

The saves...

The choices...

The credits...

The episode store.

One mayor downfall is that the chapter selection has been deleted, so I have to reset the episode if I want to play a specific part again.

And the episodes.

The graphics in the main game haven't changed at all.

• They might change them soon who knows

• edited November 2017

No... No... No... They removed Rewind from a game that already had it?! WHY??!

This format does not fit well for the old series. Episode slides never planned for this, so it contradicts any "improvements" that might be present here. It could be simply because of the small mobile screen, but a lot of the episodes up there have their new synopses cut off and near-impossible to read, due to how the slide is presented. And -- again, this is probably due to the small screen -- they don't fit well. Petra is cut off in Episode 1's picture, Ellegaard is cut off in the Episode 2 slide, Olivia is supposed to be shown in Episode 4, but she's completely cropped out now, and Lukas is cut off in Episode 6.
    Is it just me, or does Episode 7's slide look kind wonky? The positioning of Jesse's now 2D head looks strange.

On a small nitpicky point: Telltale should expand their colour palette. Each new series now has these same colours for the titles of each episode. Here, episodes 6, 7, 8 share the same colours as episodes 3, 4, and 5. Either get new colours or just make them all a single colour. It made sense for Guardians because the first episode was called "Tangled Up In Blue", but I don't really know why they're presented this way.

Seriously, I do not like what I see about this update. The episode slides are the things that irk me the most. It was always so satisfying to switch between each episode so smoothly, Episode 6-8's being great because they literally scrolled through a good chunk of the portal hall -- and each episode had a tiny animation to go along with it! I really hope they don't do this with every old series.
    (Now that I mention it, I can see them doing this for the Walking Dead games in the new Collection. Please no. Season 2's menu was fantastic.)

Here is the full collection: They updated the menu interface The settings... The saves... The choices... The credits...

• Oh my god. I love this.

Here is the full collection: They updated the menu interface The settings... The saves... The choices... The credits...

• Interesting. Is this just on the mobile version, or are they updating other platforms too?

As AChicken said, I could see them using this style for the Walking Dead collection too, but I am curious if they have plans to retroactively apply this design to other Telltale series too.

And, also as AChicken said, it's too bad they arbitrarily removed rewind. Most people's feedback on the menu design is otherwise subjective, but I don't see the benefit in removing rewind capability for a game that already had it just to keep up parity with the new menu designs in Batman onward.

• edited November 2017

Already asked Telltale Support. We are gonna find out!

Edit: Also, checked on PS4 and Android. Still old style.

Interesting. Is this just on the mobile version, or are they updating other platforms too? As AChicken said, I could see them using this

• I'm pretty sure the answer'll be 'only a small amount uses it'. Which is a stupid argument, ESPECIALLY for a game which already has Rewind.

Linkyop posted: »

Already asked Telltale Support. We are gonna find out! Edit: Also, checked on PS4 and Android. Still old style.

• When the 2 biggest complaints from the fans (menu-wise) have been the new episode-screen, instead of the clean 'slide', and the lack of rewind button.

A game that has both of these things that the fans ask for, they update, and take away both.. Why?!?!??

• People (like me) tend to replay instantly after making a regretable choice.They wont know the outcome of that action/choice if they re-plays it instantly so i bet telltale wants you to stick to the story that you made before replaying.

captainivy1 posted: »

When the 2 biggest complaints from the fans (menu-wise) have been the new episode-screen, instead of the clean 'slide', and the lack of rewi

• Look like telltale game new game engine epsiode menu

Rip previous episode menu
    I hope that don't happened to my walking dead season 2

• Interesting that they're going to change the menu for MCSM Season 1. Hopefully this doesn't happen to TWAU, TWD Seasons 1 and 2, and Tales. I quite like their current look in regards to the episode slides.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.