Seriously, is the game as bad as you guys make it out to be?

If I play it with super low expectations, am I going to enjoy it? I one of those that liked Minecraft after all...

Comments

• I bought the entire season. What do y’all think?

• Bad as we make it out to be? The game's gotten nothing but praise from the majority of the people who post here.

• The people whom stayed after the forum change seemed to have generally liked the game.

• This sub-forum is inactive. I’ve also heard a lot of backlash regarding this game.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Bad as we make it out to be? The game's gotten nothing but praise from the majority of the people who post here.

• Play with super low expectations so it could only be better and surprising :)

• Yeah, majority of the people liked it here, I personally loved it. And there's always going to be someone complaining.. but whatever the thing it's usually the best to go with no expectations, and form your own opinion.

• I really enjoyed it.
    It doesn't please everyone, as the humour is very hit and miss for some, but it worked for me.

Go in expecting something that looks like the movies, but whose story is much different. People had the wrong expectations that the game was going to be just like the movies, but it's only inspired by them. There's plenty of things that are either wholly original or lesser-known elements from the comics.

• i liked it. not my favorite, but enjoyable. some funny and dramatic moments that were well written, and good music!

• The humour works really well on me! The game is worth the price for the lightheartedness alone.

AChicken posted: »

I really enjoyed it. It doesn't please everyone, as the humour is very hit and miss for some, but it worked for me. Go in expecting some

• edited November 2017

In my opinion, it's right there with The Walking Dead, honestly, I think that all the games that began this year have been really good. Additions to game-play, better story branching, past decisions having some impact and a better focal point on relationships rather than how your choices affect the world.

I can't say anything bad about this game, it has everything I wanted it to have, but I will say that I do wish Bowie and Groot got more screen time, especially in the end.

I'm really hoping for a sequel, it could even be Iron Man: The Telltale Series, Infinity War is almost here in movie format, how about adding an MGU?

• Its pretty solid. Its not the best Telltale has to offer but its a fun ride that's definitely worth the price.

• It was really disappointing for me personally. The story, the puzzle sequences, most of the dialogue and characters just didn't do it for me.

• I didn't really like episodes 1-4 that much... but the finale was really satisfying to play. I loved the Groot flashback I got. Things just ended nicely. So I'm glad that I played the game.

• Why are so many people hating the game though?

lilsnek posted: »

Yeah, majority of the people liked it here, I personally loved it. And there's always going to be someone complaining.. but whatever the thing it's usually the best to go with no expectations, and form your own opinion.

• So it was a bad game?

It was really disappointing for me personally. The story, the puzzle sequences, most of the dialogue and characters just didn't do it for me.

• Weird you aimed this question at me, maybe someone who hates it or has even just seen the hate can answer that.. because I haven't really.

And weird I didn't get a notification, that doesn't seem to work properly.

Why are so many people hating the game though?

• I'd say "hate" is a strong word (disclaimer: I had a enjoyable time with the game, so I'm biased a tad). I think the people who were not the biggest fans of the game were more disappointed with it than other feeling, probably with the humor more than anything else. I'd say that they were not fired up to complain vocally so the forums have been much more positive for the game but also with a dearth of threads due to lack of vocal complaints about the game.

Frankly, I can't say I remember anyone on here explicitly condemning the game in the same way that people did with say, TWD: ANF.

Why are so many people hating the game though?

• Well here's how I see it. Whenever I see people online dissing a game I'm looking forward to (Guardians in this case) Always remember that even though you may see a lot of hate for the game online, all those internet haters really only make up a small, but very vocal portion of the fanbase. Anyways, I personally loved Guardians. It's my favorite Telltale Game besides Tales and I really recommend you give it a try.

• I liked it. The humor wasn't as good as the best of the movie's, but it also wasn't as cringy as some of the worst moments

• This game is amazing it might not have the hype of Batman but that is to be expected with a comic series that is much less popular compared to Batman. Guardians of the Galaxy was great and had a lot of serious and funny moments. I can say that this game is worth the experience. I enjoyed it a lot more than I would've thought because I have never seen the movies and only read some of the comics that my dad had when I was younger. This game is amazing.

• Guardians was a lot of fun. A good portion of the 'hate' this game receives are/were justifiably graphical and technical issues within the game itself. It had a lot of issues with the game freezing for some players during QTE's, and being genuinely unplayable until some patches were released. Otherwise, there was the occasional quirky animation.

If anyone's still on the fence about this game, I'd say definitely pick it up during this Holiday Sale.

• If you have low expectations you will almost certainly enjoy it. If you already bought the season then why are you even asking us?

• Ok, how about this, I watched both movies and found them childish, forced and totally overrated [I would give the 1st one 4/10 at most and the second one maybe 5/10], should I still give the game a try or should I pass and pick something else?

• If you think of the movies that way, then I think you should probably skip the game. While the game goes deeper into emotional and expositional territory than the movies, the characters remain generally the same.

JmoooX posted: »

Ok, how about this, I watched both movies and found them childish, forced and totally overrated [I would give the 1st one 4/10 at most and the second one maybe 5/10], should I still give the game a try or should I pass and pick something else?

• It's okay. To me, some of the parts got a bit boring because of the fact that it didn't seem to want to try anything new and just ride on the back of the tone that the movie had set. But it was alright. Not my favorite.

• Ok, thanks for the help! definitely skipping this one in that case

AChicken posted: »

If you think of the movies that way, then I think you should probably skip the game. While the game goes deeper into emotional and expositional territory than the movies, the characters remain generally the same.

• Please give this game a chance I think you will be surprised at the amount of effort that TellTale put into this game.

JmoooX posted: »

Ok, thanks for the help! definitely skipping this one in that case

• edited February 2018

I thought it was just a mediocre Telltale game: not bad, but not that great. I would say it's about one notch above Walking Dead 3, but not as bad as Batman 1.The plotline was uncompelling and kind of dull after two episodes, the characters were kind of meh in their development, and the main villain lacked personality. The finale was sent out only a month after episode 4, unlike Telltale's usual 2 month waiting period, and it showed: it branded what looked like a section that the developers couldn't complete in time as a dream phase, even though it was dull and stupid. There weren't any loose ends, but the plot line just lost its momentum after episode 3. I think they should have spent more time on the finale or have made another episode for it. It kind of seemed like Guardians was a bit of a flop on the whole. Overall, I'd probably give it 6/10. For comparison, I'd give Tales from the Borderlands, probably my favorite Telltale game, a 9/10. However, I think Batman 2 is really starting to fight for one of my favorite Telltale games: longer episodes, better and more sophisticated character development, a fairly interesting take on Batman series origin stories, an interesting plot line, and a more (somewhat) impactful relationship system. The last episode was kind of short and probably my least favorite of the 4 released, but I still think it might hold for episode 5. I hope they don't rush that finale.

• It's not my /favorite/ series but I really did enjoy it and am currently playing through it again and still enjoying it. My boy Drax is the MVP.

• majority of the people, who hate this game are salty tales from the borderlands fans who wanted a season 2 for their overrated game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.