The counteragent. Didn't. Matter.

Not even mentioned once. The way I left Bane in my game, he should have been apprehended by the Agency. Telltale, why even give these options if you aren't prepared to pay it off? Sad.

Comments

• I’m guessing that choice is only going to matter in a round 2 of sorts between Bats and Bane in either Episode 4 or 5.

• Nah Bane didntneven mention it when hw miraculously showed up

J-Master posted: »

I’m guessing that choice is only going to matter in a round 2 of sorts between Bats and Bane in either Episode 4 or 5.

• I guess the counteragent had an amnesiac in it, too

• edited November 2017

Yeah one thing I really hated about this episode. He could of at least came in with more physical injuries/bruises, kinda made me think the agency/GCPD are pathetic, if they can't even catch a weak Bane from my understanding it was supposed to flush out any latent traces of venom from previous doses making him feel physically weak.

Nah Bane didntneven mention it when hw miraculously showed up

• edited November 2017

I mean, Bane was still a beast without the venom in him. Sure Batman was beating him, but he was still giving him a good fight, so it's not that unbelievable he escapes anyways.

Are you sure Gordon doesn't mention anything? I didn't use the counteragent on Bane and Gordon told me he destroyed all his men. Perhaps the line is different if you do give him the counteragent? Maybe something along the lines him barely escaping?

Also, maybe for those who didn't use the counteragent it may still come in handy in a future confrontation.

• Nah, nobody mentioned it and Telltale can't logically or logistically follow through on choices mattering.

I mean, Bane was still a beast without the venom in him. Sure Batman was beating him, but he was still giving him a good fight, so it's not

• They better learn how to considering they had to fire a large chunk of their staff. This is often a consistent complaint about Telltale Games.

Nah, nobody mentioned it and Telltale can't logically or logistically follow through on choices mattering.

• Corrected it for you: On some choices mattering. Don’t scream to the heavens just because one inconsequential choice didn’t amount to much.

Nah, nobody mentioned it and Telltale can't logically or logistically follow through on choices mattering.

• I wonder if the counter agent will actually have a bigger impact in Episodes 4 or 5? Because you'll still have it if you didn't slip it into Bane.

• That's the only thing that really annoyed me about this episode. I'm assuming it COULD come into play if you slip him the agent and then leave Harley instead so he never injects the Counter-Agent. Then during the next encounter with Batman he's taken down easily. I'm trying that in my "non-canon" playthrough.

• Nah. The opportunity has long since passed, Bane did not offer one line of dialogue referencing how he was drugged. Very disappointing.

prink34320 posted: »

I wonder if the counter agent will actually have a bigger impact in Episodes 4 or 5? Because you'll still have it if you didn't slip it into Bane.

• Inconsequential?? Glad you think that managing to poison the bad guy in the hopes of weakening him and saving lives is inconsequential. Because in reality he shouldn't have shown up exactly like he does if you don't poison him.

And yeah, Telltale shouldn't even include nuanced choices like this if they are too lazy to follow through with even one line of dialogue. Your type of thinking is what led them to get this lazy in the first place. I love Telltale but shit like this reminds me of why I probably shouldn't.

Corrected it for you: On some choices mattering. Don’t scream to the heavens just because one inconsequential choice didn’t amount to much.

• Heh, called it. Though the fact that there was not a single mention about it is pretty disappointing.

• Why are you so angry about this to the point where you’re saying that my line of thinking is ruining Telltale? Nobody knows how Bane survived and I don’t believe it even matters at this point in the narrative. In my play through, I slipped the counter venom but Harley got left behind so Bane still hasn’t used the counter venom yet which I’m assuming is going to play a factor in a round 2 of sorts between Batman and Bane.

Inconsequential?? Glad you think that managing to poison the bad guy in the hopes of weakening him and saving lives is inconsequential. Beca

• Perhaps that was extreme to say and i apologize. But I have to argue about it being an inconsequential choice. A choice that few people got, certainly. But inconsequential? No, the counteragent should have changed things in at least some way. I can understand how Bane got away if he took the venom because he is picking up cars and shit, but I cant get over them just ignoring the counteragent and having him show up in the exact same way.

Why are you so angry about this to the point where you’re saying that my line of thinking is ruining Telltale? Nobody knows how Bane surviv

• edited November 2017

I don't think the counteragent should have affected things majorly, but yes, it would have been nice to have been mentioned.

Then again, the counteragent was only available if you called Waller, and was only relevant if you slipped it into Bane's belt AND abandoned him. That's a pretty specific path. Even more specific if you didn't abandon him, because now the game needs to keep track of that. If you called Gordon, you get info on Harley's father which you can bring up in a conversation. This conversation is entirely optional and doesn't affect the story in any way. I think people are over-estimating outcomes here.

The chances of that outcome were small, considering that you had to leave Bane behind, but you weren't supposed to know that you could do that. The choice was presented as "whose rampage do you want to interfere with?" not "Who do you want to leave with?". Bane using the counteragent is pretty specific, so it's understandable if that was kicked under the rug.

• I'm not saying there should be huge differences based on a triple determinant outcome, but for it not to be mentioned is absurd. Bane doesn't mention how his venom was drugged, Gordon doesn't mention how Bane was weakened as apparently he beats up the officers in the same way, it's just overall lazy to forget about an outcome that they provided players.

I'm not asking for something crazy when i expect for the story to be tailored by how i play and not just shoehorned into the same exact outcome.

AChicken posted: »

I don't think the counteragent should have affected things majorly, but yes, it would have been nice to have been mentioned. Then again,

• Yeah, I agree with that. At least he should have mentioned something about it, and that could have tied into his suspicions of Bruce later on. It is a missed opportunity.

But I didn't expect much of it from the start, so I'm not too mad about it.

• I feel the counteragent would work. Mainly because if Bane injected himself with more Venom then it won't work because the counteragent is rejecting it. Giving Batman an advantage against him

• It would have been nice if he had returned to the lair more banged up if you had chosen to give him the counteragent. That is a real missed opportunity.

• Exactly, or at the very least Gordon could have mentioned how Bane was weakened when he showed up but still got away. Telltale probably saw how few people actually managed to dose Bane with the counteragent and said "it's not important let's focus on other stuff".

ShampaFK posted: »

It would have been nice if he had returned to the lair more banged up if you had chosen to give him the counteragent. That is a real missed opportunity.

• The venom in Batman kind of reminds me of the key you could choose to steal as Mira in GOT... only difference that happened if you stole the key is that Margaery complains about someone having stolen the key, but you never get to use it for anything.

I didn't use the venom, because I hoped that I could use it at some later more meaningful moment.

• So the counteragent is even more pointless than another pointless choice, because in this case there wasn't a single line of dialogue about it

ShampaFK posted: »

The venom in Batman kind of reminds me of the key you could choose to steal as Mira in GOT... only difference that happened if you stole the

• I also would have liked it if that counteragent played a bigger role. However, I respect that sometimes there are choices you think would be important that turn out not making any difference at all...because that sort of crap happens in real life too.

• Yes, the counteragent matters. It is so very subtle that the vast majority of players miss it, like with many other points in the game.

When you put the counteragent on Bane in Ep2, and during the raid to retrieve Riddler's body, if you choose to follow Harley Quinn to stop her from killing people, there will be a short scene to show that Bane loses his strength due to the counteragent.

In Ep3, during the rooftop conversation with Gordon, he won't mention that anyone was killed when the GCPD was up against Bane. With any other choice (e.g. don't put the counteragent on Bane, or followed Bane), he will mention angrily that there were a lot of GCPD casualties and it is hard to inform the families of his men who were killed by Bane.

rileyisland posted: »

I also would have liked it if that counteragent played a bigger role. However, I respect that sometimes there are choices you think would be

Sign in to comment in this discussion.