Should Youtubers be able to play the episodes the day before release?

The answer is, NO. At least to me

Comments

• I think it's unfair, unless it's the first, short part of the episode, so they're promoting it the day before, but the problem is that some youtubers like BigBst4tz upload multiple parts with thumbnails and titles that have mayor spoilers for the episode, so you could randomly get a mayor spoiler without asking.

• Yeah! Like the time he spoiled the collosus death!

I think it's unfair, unless it's the first, short part of the episode, so they're promoting it the day before, but the problem is that some

• And the admin's true identity, even stampy was upset about that.

L-dog posted: »

Yeah! Like the time he spoiled the collosus death!

• Have some youtubers played episode five yet?

I think it's unfair, unless it's the first, short part of the episode, so they're promoting it the day before, but the problem is that some

• No, but they have an early acces for one day before, so in this case, they will be able to play the episode on the 18th

Kng0604 posted: »

Have some youtubers played episode five yet?

• Then I am staying away from YouTube on the 18th, so I don't see anything.

No, but they have an early acces for one day before, so in this case, they will be able to play the episode on the 18th

• It's a slippery slope.

In an ideal world, you would have review copies separate from sneak peek copies. One, you're allowed to do a full write up on and the other can be streamed, with the latter being progression locked until release.
    These would take a lot of time, effort and $$$ to make happen and aren't the norm unless you look to $100M AAA titles.
    Realistically though, it's no different than worldwide midnight releases where countries in eastern Asia still get the game a day early. It's no different than when retail releases are available in North America 2-7 days before Europe. It's no different than when digital releases are available 12+ hrs earlier in Europe than North America.

There's no way to really make it even. Even with a set time, would anyone like it better if a game's release was 3am local time? It's just one of those things. Just try to avoid social media for a while.

• Youtubers may be a bother to those who want to annoy spoilers but they do advertise the game which is also why some Youtubers receive free copies.

• I always stay away from YouTube the day before lol

Then I am staying away from YouTube on the 18th, so I don't see anything.

• edited December 2017

I always get on YouTube that day so I can watch it early. I can't bare
    the thought of waiting even longer even though you know you can watch it right then.

I always stay away from YouTube the day before lol

• I don't watch it because I don't want to know the consequences of my choices.

Tekano posted: »

I always get on YouTube that day so I can watch it early. I can't bare the thought of waiting even longer even though you know you can watch it right then.

• Of course the shouldn't.

• Should they play it? Sure.
    Should they upload it? No

• Don't use youtube the day before its out. YOU MAY GET MAJOR SPOILERS!

Then I am staying away from YouTube on the 18th, so I don't see anything.

• We’ll they just go crazy and upload it at the time they shouldn’t.

Should they play it? Sure. Should they upload it? No

• If they can play it so its recorded and edited for the release day then fine. But there should be some sort of contract that says they cant upload before a certain time

SebasDash97 posted: »

We’ll they just go crazy and upload it at the time they shouldn’t.

• they should be able to, but just so they can edit all the parts and have t ready to upload the day it actually comes out.

• I think they were actually only allowed to with the 1st episode but they´re like ¨Nah m8 telltale we´re the gangsters that dab! we can do what we want¨ I swear youtubers have no brains

• you mean popular youtubers

L-dog posted: »

I think they were actually only allowed to with the 1st episode but they´re like ¨Nah m8 telltale we´re the gangsters that dab! we can do what we want¨ I swear youtubers have no brains

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They have an embargo saying when they can post it which is set for the Monday before release so no rules are being broken from them posting it.

@L-dog posted:
    I think they were actually only allowed to with the 1st episode but they´re like ¨Nah m8 telltale we´re the gangsters that dab! we can do what we want¨ I swear youtubers have no brains

They are allowed to for all episodes, this has been allowed for years but only recently the day was changed from Tuesday to Monday which i think is because the Australian version releases early due to time zones.

SebasDash97 posted: »

We’ll they just go crazy and upload it at the time they shouldn’t.

• Or maybe because a certain someone made s complaint (Yes I made a complaint about That very thing)

• I don't mind spoilers this time around ('cause I'm probably gonna watch it instead of playing it), but it's a bad idea to give it to Youtubers the day before. Even if it helps them roll out videos quicker, it spoils it for the people who want to play it.

It's also kinda unfair. It's like they're automatically entitled to it first just because they make videos about it. I mean, you wouldn't give ice cream to someone before everyone else just because they make vids on it, would you?

• I advise anyone who doesn't want spoilers to not watch YouTube from this night on, because it's coming out Monday for you tubers so..

Although I'm gonna start living it up with my popcorn and pop ?

• Nope, a lot of people have been already spoiled.

sighs

I am just not comfortable about Bigbst4tz in episode 3, he has been ruining the suspense spoiling every mayor part in every episode, even stampy was upset about Bigb spoiling the admin's true identity back at episode 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.