Episode 5 spoiler discussion

You know the drill. The episode is available in other regions and to youtubers so discuss here.

Comments

• edited December 2017

A bit bummed that you can’t choose Lluna’s Golden Apple armor for the final battle. At least I don’t think you can. Didn’t see it among the armor you have to choose from.

• Well that episode was great! Not amazing or outstanding but worth the time. This is one if the only telltale games that I found to have at least a small challenge during the admin boss battle (except for that shootout scene in twd s1 e3 that was hard for me). I hear a lot more stuff could happen like Xara being in the episode. Not really about the episode but even though I was playing a day early I was still able to see my choices they were just stuck at 50%. In the end I decided to venture out with Petra which was a pretty emotional goodbye. Those were the real highlights of the ep for me. 8/10

• It was pretty good, although I must say that I'm disappointed that our choices didn't really have much of an impact, some of it felt pretty rushed.

I didn't like that Xara didn't even appear, or the followers of Fred, or other characters from Season 1 such as Emma, the Youtuber who didn't die and Harper (especially since one of the choices you get asked about season 1 is how you handled Harper). But it was nice seeing everyone together again.

The Season overall was pretty good, I just wish we could've seen more of Lukas, Olivia and Axel considering that Petra already had a spotlight throughout the first season.

• Actually you do see Xara if you don't give her her bed.

SPOILERRRRRRR

she dies

prink34320 posted: »

It was pretty good, although I must say that I'm disappointed that our choices didn't really have much of an impact, some of it felt pretty

• I’m pretty sure Fred’s people show up if you took them with you.

It was pretty good, although I must say that I'm disappointed that our choices didn't really have much of an impact, some of it felt pretty

• Well.. i didn't go with Petra at the end.. I decided to remain in Beacon Town.

• They don't. Only Binta does

AnimalBoy posted: »

I’m pretty sure Fred’s people show up if you took them with you.

• That's who i meant, She's the only one we really got to talk to anyway.

They don't. Only Binta does

• I did

SCHLIRi posted: »

Well.. i didn't go with Petra at the end.. I decided to remain in Beacon Town.

• I was wondering guys... What's the difference between the poisoned potatoe and the normal one? I tried the poisoned potatoe first so I didn't get the chance to try the normal one.

• I’m pretty sure a normal one opens some weird parrot party ( I swear I’m not making this up).

Arrhyn posted: »

I was wondering guys... What's the difference between the poisoned potatoe and the normal one? I tried the poisoned potatoe first so I didn't get the chance to try the normal one.

• edited December 2017

He's not. Trust me. I died laughing watching Youtubers' facial expressions during that part.

Creeper1846 posted: »

I’m pretty sure a normal one opens some weird parrot party ( I swear I’m not making this up).

• Okay, now I have to try it. ?

He's not. Trust me. I died laughing watching Youtubers' facial expressions during that part.

• edited December 2017

I love it! My only complaint is that Lukas doesn't come with you and Petra at the end if you go with her.

• It was fine. I was expecting something more hmm exciting I guess. It didn't really scream finale outside of the well done ending, but overall I'm happy with season 2, and how it wrapped all the plot threads up nicely. If this is the last episode it might not have been a great one but it compliments the package as a whole.

• i loved it, one question though..

as i was watching my sister play episode 5 after i did, the final decision she made was to stay in beacontown, the opposite of what i chose. she let radar finish whatever he had to say, and at the end, he says that we got a letter from someone whose initials are “WP,” saying to “Look out.” you now can guess that my question is

who is WP and what do they want?

• I'll be honest...I enjoyed every episode so far, but this one...was disappointing. Maybe I had my expectations too high because it was the finale? I am just disappointed that there were really no moments where you were in shock and no super emotional moments (I.E. Reuben's death, Magnus/Ellegaard's death). I still consider S1 Part 1 the best season.

• Season 3 foreshadowing?

SarniX posted: »

i loved it, one question though.. as i was watching my sister play episode 5 after i did, the final decision she made was to stay in beac

• i feel like the admin was too big of a character to defeat for a new season, but theres still a chance for season 3, let alone DLC.

Season 3 foreshadowing?

• Props to Telltale for including Book End moments. Notice anything familiar about the opening sequence?

Look up Book Ends on TV Tropes.

• “WP” -> White Pumpkin.
    God, I didn’t expect that.

• WP is the White Pumpkin.

SarniX posted: »

i loved it, one question though.. as i was watching my sister play episode 5 after i did, the final decision she made was to stay in beac

• I got this result. Anyone get something else?

• woah

even if it is the white pumpkin, i dont think its THAT big of a deal. so what? cassie’s an old builder, we’ve defeated her before and on TOP of that, a witherstorm, the rest if the old builders, an unstoppable force? what’s she going to do? i highly doubt she has admin powers now.

WP is the White Pumpkin.

• i think that’s exactly what i got. including the jesse.

I got this result. Anyone get something else?

• I got the same ending except I didn't hear anything about the White Pumpkin what part is that? Also I made my Jesse leave with Petra because I didn't want her to be on her own again like in the beginning of the season. I think that some of the dialogue at the end of the episode are little samples of the developers saying they will make a Season 3 at some point.

• To hear the stuff about Cassie and Aiden you have to stay in beacontown.

I got the same ending except I didn't hear anything about the White Pumpkin what part is that? Also I made my Jesse leave with Petra because

• Cool thanks man I will have to replay the game again. :smile:

Kng0604 posted: »

To hear the stuff about Cassie and Aiden you have to stay in beacontown.

• No problem.?

Cool thanks man I will have to replay the game again.

• Are you sure? I mean, I left her with her in a giant hole with nothing to get out, how could she escape with no fleet (flit?) and steel?

WP is the White Pumpkin.

• edited December 2017

New bug choices. Percentages in the choices of all episodes have set the majority at around 50%.

• Really? How?

Tekano posted: »

Actually you do see Xara if you don't give her her bed. SPOILERRRRRRR she dies

• They do? I only remember seeing Binta.

I’m pretty sure Fred’s people show up if you took them with you.

• look up on youtube “the death of xara”

it’s actually really sad and made me think that there is really no hope for romeo.

Really? How?

• edited December 2017

I liked it a lot and I think this is the best episode of the season. It wrapped up everything nicely with a neat little bow. The ending especially was really well done. It was really cheesy but I loved it, especially when the opening track (which also happens to be my favourite of the entire seasons soundtrack) from the first episode kicks in giving this sense of fulfillment and more adventures that the characters will have. Voice acting was great as well, especially Romeo's.

This is also the first time I've seen the choices at the end of an episode being so divisive. Everything was nearly 50/50 which is great.

However I do have a few problems which some people have already brought up such as Binta's people not appearing at all as well as Xara seemingly being written out. But for the most part I'm very happy with what we got.

If this is the end of the series (which seems likely considering the new direction Telltale will be taking) then I think this is the best way the could have done it.

• edited December 2017

I'm 100% sure. She escaped because TellTale wanted her to. Sometimes people just need to let go of things not making sense and just go with it.

Arrhyn posted: »

Are you sure? I mean, I left her with her in a giant hole with nothing to get out, how could she escape with no fleet (flit?) and steel?

• That'who I was talking about. She's the only one we really got to know anyway.

They do? I only remember seeing Binta.

• It wouldn't surprise me if she still had some things in her inventory, plus considering she built the area there's a good chance she knew how to escape based on the mechanisms she created. Plus she's an old builder. At the end of the day, I don't think it'll really matter, felt like it was only a callback.

I'm 100% sure. She escaped because TellTale wanted her to. Sometimes people just need to let go of things not making sense and just go with it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.