Your opinions on the year 2017

edited January 2018 in General Chat

You know the drill. This was year was kind of....ok but it was slightly better than 2016. You can also give opinions about the releases of this year.

The best game released this year that I've played is Resident Evil 7. I was actually surprised that I've enjoyed the game like it's one of my favourites. With all its DLCs, I have ZERO regrets paying this game at full price. It became my favourite horror game of all time. I hope Capcom will keep making the future installments like that.

The best movie that I've watched is Logan (2017). I was never a huge fan of X-Men franchise, I didn't even watch any X-Men movies before (However, I did watch X-Men The Animated Series as a kid, forgot all of it but I'll never forget the intro of the series cause it is extremely memorable and well made) but when I saw the second trailer of the movie, it had my mind convinced.

The worst thing about this year is that I'm beginning to lose my interest in video games, probably because most of them end up either disappointing, controversial or just plain boring. The only game that I'm excited for in 2018 is Marvel's Spider-Man. The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding are still halfway done so they will come out in 2019.

Also, 2018 is going to be my last year of high school and move to college. God, I hope I'll make it.
Also also, Happy New Year everyone. ;)

Tagged:

Comments

• Wait, are you serious? The worst thing that's happened to you this year is that you're beginning to lose interest in video games? '_'

Well, for me, this year has certainly been interesting... Lots of change... Lots of lies... Lots of psychos... Lots of ridiculousness... 'nuff said. Hopefully some good will come from it eventually.

The past few years I have been hoping the new year would be a better one... but they just seem to get worse. :/

• If it's not bad, then it's great. So it's great.

• Wait, are you serious? The worst thing that's happened to you this year is that you're beginning to lose interest in video games?

Why are you surprised?

Wait, are you serious? The worst thing that's happened to you this year is that you're beginning to lose interest in video games? '_' Wel

• For me, 2017 has given the term "Life isn't fair" a whole new meaning to me. In other words, 2017 was a decent year for me

• edited December 2017

Well, I'd say this year was... chaotic, for me and my family. The beginning of the year was us moving from our grandparents to the city we're in now. It's a REALLY BUSY city with LOTS of tourists. Kind of a stressful environment (and we've almost been in several accidents due to confused drivers). I am also super thankful to be homeschooled... partially because of not reverting to a whole new curriculum every time we move and mostly because I'm a high school freshman, and the closest high school to us has had several recent "false alarms" for shootings... students posting pics on Instagram of them and handguns. I'm so relieved I'm not going there. And while I'm thankful for that, my family has been struggling with other things, such as my dad getting a new job, two of my family members being diagnosed with cancer, and my best friend almost commiting suicide last year. We also moved into ANOTHER house in September (one of which we'll hopefully stay in for several years, haha).

Goodbye 2017. I won't miss you.

• edited December 2017

Well, worst? My last grandparent, Bill Paxton and Tom Petty all passed away. The latter two being childhood heroes. So that wasn't fun.

Best? Eating somewhat healthier I suppose. I'm at least cognizant of what I'm eating anyway.

In gaming, it's been a bit of a letdown year. All the games I enjoyed have had issues for me. Resident Evil 7(great return to form, but I hate first person), Samus Returns(great remake, but it's still a remake with an uncertain 2D future for the franchise), Mass Effect Andromeda(great gameplay with subpar most everything else), Fractured But Whole(Really enjoyed it, but it felt safer than the first game). I'm still playing Senua, so we'll see on that one. Seems like a VERY polarizing game.

Movies. No opinion really. I think Alien Covenant is the only movie released this year that I've seen. The more I think about it, the less I liked it. I did originally, like it, so it's not like I hate it right now.

Music. Again, my finger hasn't been on the pulse. I liked the new Metal Church Classic Live album as well as the EP(covered Blood Red Skies by Judas Priest) released by A Sound Of Thunder.

• edited December 2017

I don't understand how people could ever lose their interest in video games,i mean just look at Cuphead seriously this game is amazing,injustice 2 was good too,i'm waiting for Mega man 11 next year.Maybe it's because i still love playing my favorite games like Jade empire,mass effect or kotor,i guess that depends on what type of games you play.

I can't say much about movies since i'm more into gaming.I think i'm gonna watch Justice league though.

I try to not think about the worse things that's been happening this year and hope next year will be even better than this one !

Also,Telltale are gonna have a lot of work to do next year i hope they can give us the best of them.

• Yeah, I'm homeschooled also.?

Well, I'd say this year was... chaotic, for me and my family. The beginning of the year was us moving from our grandparents to the city we'r

• Tbh one of the worst years for me. At least better than 2016. My last good year was 2015 so I'll try to make 2018 a good year for me. This year I gave up many things that don't make me happy, I talked to my parents and they said they just want me to be happy doing what I love. So I guess 2018 will be a good year for me, I'm already focusing on things that I like doing and I'm happy. Every year is an opportunity.

• I'm surprised because it makes it sound like you've got no troubles and I just thought everyone has some sort of hardship that they are dealing with in their life...

AronDracula posted: »

Wait, are you serious? The worst thing that's happened to you this year is that you're beginning to lose interest in video games? Why are you surprised?

• I didn't really have huge problems with my life. The only problem that I have is that I don't go outside very much and I still don't have a girlfriend :\

I'm surprised because it makes it sound like you've got no troubles and I just thought everyone has some sort of hardship that they are dealing with in their life...

• I still don’t have a girlfriend

Try ”wagwan piffting, meet me and the Bossman behind Tesco for ya Bbm pin innit madting innit, bruv” and trust me, you will be drowning in it

I didn't really have huge problems with my life. The only problem that I have is that I don't go outside very much and I still don't have a girlfriend

• edited December 2017

There are people who've had problems this year. Then there are others who had a pretty good year. 2017 has had its ups and downs.

I didn't really have huge problems with my life. The only problem that I have is that I don't go outside very much and I still don't have a girlfriend

• Get off your high horse. They already preface that statement by saying it wasn't a huge problem.

Kng0604 posted: »

There are people who've had problems this year. Then there are others who had a pretty good year. 2017 has had its ups and downs.

• edited December 2017

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you? I never even said my problem was huge.

Kng0604 posted: »

• It was a pretty good year for me. From August to early November, I went into a program that's basically finishing school for visually impaired people and I absorbed everything they could teach me. I also got some freelance editing work, helping a friend with his finance blog and another with a weekly sports podcast. I've opened some new doors in terms of getting better employment, so next year looks promising.

Not such a great year for society at large though.

As far as games go, I've mostly been playing games from 2016 (Battlefield 1, Overwatch, etc.) I picked up Killing Floor 2 a couple days ago and really like it.

• Sorry about what I posted early. I change it.

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you? I never even said my problem was huge.

• I thought it was honestly a pretty brilliant year when it came to film and gaming, with such great films as The Disaster Artist and Logan. And in the gaming from Nintendo REALLY killed it this year releasing big Zelda and Mario games in the one year and both of them being brilliant.

Heck there's a good few games I still didn't get around to, such as Life is Strange Before the Storm and Persona 5.

• The first 6 months were great but after that it was hell yay

• edited December 2017

In terms of life, it was like any other year since 2015. Some ups. Some downs.

In terms of film, it was phenomenal. So many great movies that have gotten released this year: Blade Runner 2049, Baby Driver, Wind River, The Disaster Artist, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, the list is too big.

• Yeah, the second half and it’s itchy leg fever was a real buzz kill ?

QueenMaddy posted: »

The first 6 months were great but after that it was hell yay

• This year really hasn't been good for me, I've being really depressed after losing my Dad and losing my dog Diesel also I was dumped after a 6 year relationship, I have enjoyed some of the games this year like Resident Evil 7 and Assassin's Creed Origins also really cool movies came out this year which I enjoyed also this year has been really interesting with Trump and Britexit, I hope next year will be better.

Happy new year guys.

• I don't like labelling the whole year as good or bad. I prefer to that do days. Idk what I'm saying.

• Well at the beginning I couldn't hope for a better year, but it turned to be the worst year, school pressure made me give up in many things i like to do, i hope 2018 will be a good one, goodbye 2017. Every day is a new opportunity to have a fresh start. Happy New Year 2018 in advance, everyone.

• Well at least it was better than 2016. That’s something, right?

• I'm on the fence about calling 2017 either a good or a bad year. For me, it started with a huge uplift - a triumphant victory on English olympics, free educational trip to California (which might be the best trip in my life), bonding with my relatives, hanging out with my pals. I discovered and learned a lot of new things which broadened my mind, worked for the first time in my life and earned money on my own. I started publishing my poetry. Also the atmosphere in my family after quite a disastrous divorce of my parents was getting better.

But my exam results weren't as satisfying as I wanted them to be. The whole year was spent in creative crisis, as writing poetry became extremely rare due to the lack of inspiration (not gonna lie though, its quality has risen). Ever since the beginning of the new school year I feel a stronmg disconnection from society. My little gang has fallen apart, I have no friends anymore and existential crisis hit me like a truck. Some days I felt insecure about my future and really depressed. I'm still lost. My strongest desire is to leave this goddamn town, move over and start everything from the beginning as a new person... And then there's fucking high school.

Anyway, I guess it was 50/50 for me. I have high hopes for 2018.

• I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2017, and I'm still fighting to get back to feeling normal again. I've been through so much shit, so many tests and hospital visits. I'm missing so much school. I'm a junior in high school so I should be worried about college, but instead I have to worry about my health all the time. I'm now on a Chemotherapy drug which makes me feel even more sick along with the pain. So yeah, fuck 2017. I can't wait to get better in 2018.

• It had its good and bad moments. All my cats either died or ran away. I had to move away from my best friend. I changed the way I eat and started doing something called "intermittent fasting". It completely changed my life both physically and mentally. It was a hectic, yet calm year overall. We lost some good actors and musicians in 2017 as well.

• Try going outside more, if you want a girlfriend?

• I like to say 2017 was better than 2016, but only by a small margin. I think what made 2017 Bad was all the sexual scandals with a lot of celebrities that came out of nowhere (which, imo, started with the Bill Cosby thing) and all the racism and protests happening. That and Trump.

• It was a strange year for me. Definitely full of problems and changes I had to make and get used to. Actually, it was pretty bad, I was in depression most of the year. However, I try to be positive for 2018, I hope it will be better!!! :)

• edited January 2018

The first half was one of the worst times I had...lost a lot of things...wasn't successful in anything and didn't know what to be in the future...but the second half I found it all, knew what I wanted to be found a job went to college so if was a 50/50 situation with me :neutral: but I'm grateful for everything.

• 2017 was one of the quietest years I've lived in personally since junior high. The only upsides I've seen is the booming economy, massive tax cuts, and Season 2 of Minecraft: Story Mode, with the downside being I now have only half a year left with my friends before we are out in the real world. The only thing in 2018 I look forward to is no homework, and the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.