Enemy within Episode 4: What Ails You theory

So this may sound far fetched but I believe I have a rather valid prediction for episode 4. Now first let me state the theory. Lucius's daughter will be attacked and possibly shot by the pact, leaving her paralyzed. Now I think this for many reason. 1. I don't know if everyone got it but the Pact claimed they had to hurt her becauseBruce was a mole. 2. The comics: In the comics the Joker goes to Barbra Gordon (who is replaced by Lucius's daughter) and shoots Barbra, making Barbra Oracle. I don't remember if this is Lucius's daughters name but I'm calling her Tiffany. I think Tiffany will be the new Oracle in a wheelchair. 3. Xbox achievement: The final chapter of episode 4 in the Xbox achievement list is called "The killing joke". The killing joke was the comics where the Joker paralyzed Barbara Gordon (again is replaced by Tiffany). So that's my prediction, tell me if you find
some plot holes in that. Byeeee

Comments

• Unless that has changed the final achievement for ep4 is titled The Punchline.

• That only works if you gave yourself up and put Tiffany in danger. I didn't. I gave up Seiina.

• Honestly, I have a hard time imagining Bruce would not sacrifice himself and would not stand up for Selina in the last scenes, even if there would be no relationship between them. She may be the one who was guilty of stealing this laptop (if it's not John), but considering that Selina was working against the Pact and Bruce did not know what will happen to the person which Harley will find guilty, I do not believe that he would just stand there and watch how Selina (or anyone in her position) would be executed. Harley used Tiffany's safety as a leverage, but threat to Tiffany's life is more away than the danger in which Selina is placed here and now (especially after we have seen how Pact members treat people whom they accuse of being traitors). And I am fully aware that this move would destroy Bruce's work undercover, but still I do not think that he would let anyone die in order to keep his real intensions a secret.

AnimalBoy posted: »

That only works if you gave yourself up and put Tiffany in danger. I didn't. I gave up Seiina.

• edited January 2018

But he can and did exactly that. (In mine)

Gartives posted: »

Honestly, I have a hard time imagining Bruce would not sacrifice himself and would not stand up for Selina in the last scenes, even if there

• I agree. There are reasons to be fed up with Catwoman's overall attitude but it strikes me as out of character to throw her to the wolves without much regard.
    People are going to get hurt by that choice obviously but with Batman it's always a trade-off. I would not want to get on Catwoman's bad side.

Honestly, I have a hard time imagining Bruce would not sacrifice himself and would not stand up for Selina in the last scenes, even if there

• Yes, there is such a choice, so of course he can and this choice should be accounted for in the future episodes. I just stated my opinion why 'mine' Bruce (and this one from the comic books - in my opinion) would not do that.

AnimalBoy posted: »

But he can and did exactly that. (In mine)

• It is an interesting theory, Tiffany would probably fit the role and it might be the reason why she would not take a role of a Robin and would not go into action with Batman (just stay "in the shadows"), but I doubt this will happen after what happened to Lucius at the beginning of the season. I think she may be targeted by the Pact/Joker but Bruce will be able to save her and she will continue to 'play' Lucius's part in "the mission".

• Bruce wouldn't, of course, sacrifice Selina, if he thought she was going to die if gave up her name as the traitor. However, it would be rather convenient if she did die because that way there'd be one less person who could threaten his identity. Plus, this way Tiffany is not (for the time being) threatened, and it would potentially save who knows how many lives if Bruce can thwart their plans without Selina interfering. Selina wants to avenge Riddler's death, but nothing was mentioned about what she'd do about the pact's plans; a plan Riddler was a part of. For me, that's an acceptable win-win-win-loss.

Yes, there is such a choice, so of course he can and this choice should be accounted for in the future episodes. I just stated my opinion why 'mine' Bruce (and this one from the comic books - in my opinion) would not do that.

• The thing is that Harley, knowing that Tiffany is important for Bruce, may use the argument with Tiffany's safety anyway, when the first opportunity to gain something from Bruce would appear. Also Bruce's cover may be compromised anytime anyway. There is also an option, and I think this may be possible, that Harley knows that he is the real mole, she is just keeping him close and letting him think that he outsmarted them. So, he may end up sacrificing Selina for nothing.

Still, as stated above, (canonical) Batman would never intentionally sacrifice anyone's life for 'greater good'. And this of course does not even count the option of friendship/romantic relationship between Bruce and Selina, because for Bruce who would be involved in relationship with her, ratting her out to Harley would be out of question anyway.

ShampaFK posted: »

Bruce wouldn't, of course, sacrifice Selina, if he thought she was going to die if gave up her name as the traitor. However, it would be rat

• There's canonical Bruce and the Bruce we create through our choices. So, as sacrilegious at it may be to the canon, if given the chance, I would sacrifice Selina for the greater good.

The thing is that Harley, knowing that Tiffany is important for Bruce, may use the argument with Tiffany's safety anyway, when the first op

• I don't see either choice for Bruce being out of character depending on the writer. There are a lot of factors going into the choice of which is the traitor ( Bruce vs Selena ).

• Bruce has no reason to believe Harley already has Catwoman. She's far more capable in dire situations with a knack of escape far beyond Tiffany, and he may have thought he'd have time to warn her if not reach her before the Pact.
    • Bruce is bothered by what transpires regardless of how he's played. Bane warns him that he has that look in his eye of a man who's about to die doing something stupid, and puts a hand on him when his first impulse was to act. He does manage to restrain himself as she's not put instantly to death, but even leaving her in Riddler's trap he looks back.
    • It's not simply a matter of the greater good. The Pact is leaving at that moment to obtain a drug from the Black Site that he's seen the results of first hand which would be placing a lot more at risk of death than just Tiffany. Selena's not dying at that moment, and he may be willing to gamble that he can rescue her as Batman once Bruce is in the clear.

I still wouldn't mind seeing Tiffany take Barbara Gordon's place if they decide to paralyze someone with John Doe, or other such harsh consequences depending on the player's choice. I can't wait for Ep4.

• I think Harley might send John to kill Tiffany if Bruce chose to sacrifice himself. In baptism of fire kind of the way. He didn't do anything THAT bad yet. Turning him into the murderer will burn down the bridges. For now if everyone gets caught he might get off easly. And with Bruce being "killed" and John disapproval of that fact, she might want to make sure he won't turn his back on her.

• Well, to be honest I think, that if we will get Oracle in the telltale series it will [and should] be Barbara Gordon and no one else. I don't want to put any spoilers here, but in the comics Joker played quite a role not only in Batman's, but also in Gordon's character development [and I'm not talking only about "The Killing Joke"]. I would also like to point it out, that some of the best Gordon-Batman moments come from their encounters with Joker.
    With that being said, making Tiffany Oracle would be simply just a waste of a great opportunity for bringing the game closer to the same level of relationship which Bats has with Jim in the Comics.

• I wonder how the final choice from episode 3 will affect the SANCTUS raid and Batman intervention. The images Telltale released show Batman confronting Bane and Freeze at the laboratory.

Do you think that will happen only if you blow your cover and if not we will be still playing as Bruce? Or something will happen earlier that will leave us in the same situation?

I am pretty skeptical about this. I guess that we could have alternative openings just like in the final episode from season one... But I highly doubt that Telltale would designate a big fight scene with two important villains only to leave it as a determinant scenario.

• At first glance it looks like this fight occurs only if you chose to blow your cover. But you're right, it's technically unlikely such a significant fight being optional.
    Buuut, on the second thought, where is Penguin and Two-Face with two different paths in S1. Pretty big scenes.
    So everything is possible, the season is close to an end.
    I'm 50-50 in this situation.
    I hope I didn't screw up my Joker yet, lol, I'd rather work with him while it's possible, than with Gordon and etc, but the cover picture of the episode is not that reassuring in this regard.
    But if you're right about him and Harley leaving the Pact, mb not everything is that bad for me, haha

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

I wonder how the final choice from episode 3 will affect the SANCTUS raid and Batman intervention. The images Telltale released show Batman

Sign in to comment in this discussion.