What TV Shows are you currently watching?

edited January 2018 in General Chat

Before we begin, I'd like to introduce myself a bit, since this is my first thread here. I'm a fan of all things Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Ace Attorney, and- of course- Telltale Games. I've played through TWD Season 1 and 2, Minecraft Story Mode, and TWAU. I'll probably replay TWAU again to find out more stuff since I'm sure I missed a lot.
Now with that out of the way, I'll start off with my shows. I'm watching The Good Doctor and The Doctor Blake Mysteries for opposite reasons: the former being a drama and the latter obviously being a mystery.
When it comes to Doctor Blake and other shows like it, I always enjoy trying to solve each episode's case along with Blake as well as try to figure out and theorize more about his past. It makes watching each episode all the more satisfying, though it comes with a consequence. I'll burn out after watching at least 2 episodes, so I can't really binge-watch the series in one sitting.
On the other hand, I tune in to The Good Doctor every time it airs. I'm fascinated by the main character Doctor Shawn, a young surgeon with autism and savant syndrome, mainly because I find him very relatable. I'm not diagnosed with autism or anything, but some of his interactions, habits, and characteristics are very similar to mine in real life. It's pretty cool.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2018

You probably saw this coming a mile away, making this thread and all, but:

STRANGER THINGS

• I just finished an anime called Another and it was servicable. The atmosphere was effective and the central mystery was intriguing for the most part. I just wish most of the characters weren't more flat than cardboard.

• I've heard a lot of good things about that show. I haven't watched it yet, however. Seems Netflix is stepping it up with their originals.
    Speaking of originals, I'm still waiting for the next season of A Series of Unfortunate Events to come out. It's the only original series I've watched, but it's really good and faithful to the books.

You probably saw this coming a mile away, making this thread and all, but: STRANGER THINGS

• Been watching House of Cards lately. Currently up to season three.

Once I’ve finished that, I’ll probably get back into The Walking Dead. Also been wanting to watch Breaking Bad and Stanger Things, I’ve heard those ones are really good.

• Rewatching The Legend of Korra and will soon be starting Season 2 of Stranger Things.

• I watch the walking dead, (it's my favorite tv show) I also watch star vs the forces of evil, fear the walking dead, the middle, the black list, and timeless. Btw I am also a fan of Kingdom hearts.

• The only show I watch that isn't a sport, reality show or cooking show is Gotham.

• edited January 2018

There's too many. Too many shows to watch these days.

But what I'm working on right now is Daredevil Season 2.
    On the side, a bit of BoJack Horseman, Freaks and Geeks, and Rick and Morty Season 3. Granted, not all at once, but I hope to finish one of them someday soon. I've got Mr. Robot S3 to watch!

...Too many.

• I feel ya. I used to watch anime, but stopped because I couldn't keep up with all the new shows on top of older ones I was already watching. Dedicating myself to two series at a time is good enough for me.

AChicken posted: »

There's too many. Too many shows to watch these days. But what I'm working on right now is Daredevil Season 2. On the side, a bit of BoJ

• I was watching Archer a while ago

• wanting to watch Breaking Bad and Stanger Things, I’ve heard those ones are really good.

YOU HEARD?!?!?!? YOU WANT TO?!?!?!?

Acheive250 posted: »

Been watching House of Cards lately. Currently up to season three. Once I’ve finished that, I’ll probably get back into The Walking Dead. Also been wanting to watch Breaking Bad and Stanger Things, I’ve heard those ones are really good.

• Finished watching season 2 of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.
    Love the show, one of my favorites at the moment.

Could use more Bart though. And maybe a spin off; Bart, Holistic Assassin.
    And Telltale should make a game about Bart.
    (I like Bart)

• Currently watching The Almighty Johnsons on Netflix! I also need to catch up on The Walking Dead (part way through the newest season); I keep putting it off for reasons unknown to even me!

• Season 8 of the walking dead has its good and bad moments, but I would say its better then season 7 though.

Currently watching The Almighty Johnsons on Netflix! I also need to catch up on The Walking Dead (part way through the newest season); I keep putting it off for reasons unknown to even me!

• I feel like I should watch this show as well. Is it like science fiction type of thing?

This of course

• edited January 2018

Science fiction/horror/mystery is what I'd categorize it as.

If you do decide to watch it, make sure you take a day to do so. Once you watch the first few episodes, it pulls you in and you can't stop.

AronDracula posted: »

I feel like I should watch this show as well. Is it like science fiction type of thing?

• Not many modern ones I personally like to watch. Of series made since the start of the millennium, my favorites are NCIS, Duck Dynasty, Diesel Brothers, Deadliest Catch, and Stranger Things. Although I haven't seen Stranger Things yet, it still looks like a good show; I simply have to drive in to the Lilac City and buy the disc set so I can actually watch it.

• Of series made since the start of the millennium, my favorites are...

Ooh. I like this twist since I don't watch anything currently running(I really don't think the new X-Files counts as modern).
    Favourites that started post 2000:
    Dexter was good for a while,
    Cold Case,
    Sopranos(Canada got it a year later in 2000, so it counts!),
    The first 3 seasons of Supernatural(before it became a teenage fanfic),
    Ditto for Reno 911(ran out of steam)

Actually, there isn't one show that I enjoyed beginning to end.

• How's it going? I I just finished watching the 3rd season of Peaky Blinders and i love it.

I haven't seen the 4th season yet. Great story. Great cast as well. Cillian Murphy is briliant! Highly recommend it.

• Might check this out

• I like to watch Empire, Gotham, Riverdale and the American and British vision of Big brother house also I love my British soaps especially EastEnders

• I'm really liking Night Court on LaffTv. Now THAT's a show. The main cast is incredible. Humor is funny and great. And researching it, glad it lasted as long as it did.

My brother got me introduced some time last year and I'm really liking this sitcom. One of the greats in my eyes.

• Also I just finished "The Office" and I feel empty inside...

• I recently started watching Dragon Ball Super. I always liked DBZ and wasn't sure if I'd like it, but it's great. It has a lot of hilarious moments too.

• I'm watching the second season of iZombie.

• edited February 2018

Started binging The Office. Also tried to do the same with LOST, but it was being taken off soon and was getting WAY too confusing.

• edited February 2018

Just started watching Stranger Things, and I love it ! ?

• edited February 2018

I bought the box set of Bates Motel and just finished watching the series.

I'm not the type of person who is a fan of actors (or anybody, really), but if I were, Vera Farmiga would be at the top of the list. She was absolutely brilliant as Norma Bates. She completely stole the show in my opinion, though I really liked Freddie Highmore as Norman too.
    Great show.

• edited February 2018

Seriously one of the best shows on the planet.

Of course, interdimensional cable TV has some pretty rad shows. (Ohh Gawd, Halp Ma)

Kng0604 posted: »

Just started watching Stranger Things, and I love it ! ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.