Selina Kyle: from Catwoman to Batwoman

Something I was wondering today. Telltale isn't afraid of changing the canon in their stories (Thomas Wayne as a criminal, Vicki Vette as Lady Arkham) so what if, depending on our decisions, we could actually convince Selina to remain by our side and have her drop the Catwoman persona to become the first Batwoman/Batgirl of the Telltale universe. Not to mention that her suit and headgear alredy looks a lot like Batman's.

Tagged:

Comments

• I don't think she is going to stick around sadly. With her it's always like that, and I honestly would love to see her and Bruce embracing each other as crucial parts of both of their lives, it did happen in the comic book canon at least.

Either she dies or she leaves. I'll enjoy the ride in the meantime, it's great to see them happy together.

• That would be nice if thats the case but I think @BruceBrothers are on the right track.

Selina will never go 100% "good" and in the end I think she will leave once again... I really hope they dont kill her off... but it is possible.

One can only wish for a happy ending...

• An "happy" ending would be welcome as far as I'm concerned. I know many think critically of The Dark Knight Rises' ending where Bruce and Selina are happily sitting at a Venice café for the tonal shift it represents but I greatly liked the change, the movie was so dark it came at a relief that the two major characters could finally end up together for good.

Too much darkness is too much.

But for Telltale's The Enemy Within I would not bet on such ending sadly. This is going to end bitterly for everyone it seems.
    I just hope Telltale won't kill Catwoman off. I hate when that happens.

19Street95 posted: »

That would be nice if thats the case but I think @BruceBrothers are on the right track. Selina will never go 100% "good" and in the end I

• I don’t think Bruce would want Selina to be Batwoman. The bats and robins are subordinates and the strongest quality of the Bruce/Selina dynamic is that they are equals in many ways. I think Bruce would rather she be a partner than a sidekick or lieutenant.

I think many people are tired of seeing Selina and Bruce be so temperamental about their romance, it’s gotten old. They’re better when they work through their issues and I’m glad writers are braving that uncharted territory.

• That would be a pretty interesting twist, but I don't see that happening. I could see Selina becoming more of a anti-hero (or hero, even) while still keeping her Catwoman role.

• Agreed. They kept in her love of money.

Her style just fits very few character types. She's a thief. Where do you go from there? Even in all the incarnations, not much is done with her besides betrayal/redemption. Her whole character loves to yield to temptation, no matter what's going on around her. It's hard to fit that in a hero.

That would be a pretty interesting twist, but I don't see that happening. I could see Selina becoming more of a anti-hero (or hero, even) while still keeping her Catwoman role.

• Anything is in the realm of possibility. I just want a relationship to be set and kept with Selina and Bruce (even if that means Selina transitioning from Catwoman to Batwoman), which I think is one of the strongest possibilities.

• Looks like (if you told her that you were Batman) Tiffany may be Batgirl.

• i dont think she will be any old sidekick, something new i guess.

(Spoiler)

• Meh, I don't want that to happen, considering how little She knows about Batman I cannot see that coming... If I would have to choose a new addition to the Batfamily, my choice would go with Avesta.

Warning, Ep 4 spoilers ahead

I actually think that it's not a bad idea, considering, that right now She nolonger seems to trust Waller and at some point She might consider joining Batman's team, although, She seems too old for being Batgirl [Actually How old is She?].

And as for Catwoman - Catwoman should stay Catwoman, when She was helping Batman in the comics [She was a part of His team to some degree], She didn't change Her nickname, why on earth would She? And in the game I already consider Her a part of my Bruce's Batfamily, and there is no need to change Her role, nickname, cloths, whatever. She can help, be part of His team and still go by the Catwoman persona. Just let Catwoman be Catwoman...

PS. And Dear Telltale, just please kindly consider giving Her more screen time in the next episode...

(Spoiler)

• During the ride in Bruce's car you could actually tell Avesta to quit with the Agency. She replays by saying "what will I do then?" And Bruce tell her they could work together

• How do you get that line? I never got that option.

(Spoiler)

• It's one of the last lines before arrive at the subway. She says that she doesn't know if she is still on the right side and we can reply "than just quit"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.