Solo a Star Wars Story: Thread

edited February 2018 in General Chat

This is the first... I think Solo a Star Wars Story Thread on telltale I'll try my best keeping everyone up to date on whats going on with everything. Thanks for coming.

Tagged:

Comments

• Monday we will get are first trailer for Solo a Star Wars Story

• Sadly, I'm not looking forward to it. Han Solo is an amazing character but I was never interested in his backstory and I think it would be pointless because he was killed off in The Force Awakens. No wonder Harrison Ford hated his own character so much but I dunno why.

Disney kind of makes me lose my interest in Star Wars, they killed all the main protagonists except Chewie (for now) in the new trilogy, we all know Leia is going to die cause Carrie Fisher passed away. Episode 9 is going to be the last SW movie I'm going to watch unless they confirm the Obi-Wan solo movie starring Ewan McGregor.

As much as I enjoyed Episode 7, 8 and Rogue One, I think it was unnecessary for Disney to buy and revive the Star Wars saga cause there was nothing much to tell and it caused the cancellation of Star Wars medias that had potential like:

• The Clone Wars Season 6-9
    • KOTOR 3
    • Star Wars 1313
    • Darth Maul solo game
    • Battlefront 3
    • Visceral Games' Star Wars story-driven game
    • The Force Unleashed 3
  • edited February 2018

I really think Disney messed up star wars BIG time but I am still a little excited for this. But I'm mostly excited for Infinity War

AronDracula posted: »

Sadly, I'm not looking forward to it. Han Solo is an amazing character but I was never interested in his backstory and I think it would be p

• I found the last jedi to be pretty disappointing but Im curious about what Solo is gonna be.

Still really strange it releases in just about 3 months and there still hasn't been a trailer or even the smallest teaser besides just 1 picture.

• I know we go the avengers trailer in December, The New Mutants in either October or September (Well that would of actually been good timing be it got held back) oh yeah and we go Jurassic World in December

Poogers555 posted: »

I found the last jedi to be pretty disappointing but Im curious about what Solo is gonna be. Still really strange it releases in just about 3 months and there still hasn't been a trailer or even the smallest teaser besides just 1 picture.

• I'm looking forward to seeing the first trailer.

• If I'm gonna watch Solo, I'm gonna watch it with an open-mind. Who knows? It may be better than one expected.

I am still kind of a lost on whatever I will still be watching Episode 9 or not. I really feel like The Last Jedi didn't have to take as many risks and subverting so many expectations. I don't think the Original Trio didn't have to suffer such an ending. The new trilogy could have been about Luke's or Leia's children and they would have been the new generation of heroes. I personally greatly enjoyed the Star Wars Legacy Comics which was about Luke's distant ancestor Cade Skywalker. And I personally greatly enjoyed his character development over the course of the comic.

• Yeah, MCU is better than Disney's Star Wars films.

Sbs1280 posted: »

I really think Disney messed up star wars BIG time but I am still a little excited for this. But I'm mostly excited for Infinity War

• edited February 2018

Jabba the Hutt’s reappearance???
    In all seriousness I hope Disney does some super revival on Star Wars cos it’s probably my favourite franchise of all time and hate to see it getting so much... well hate. I’m talking make the old republic canon, stop cancelling anything Star Wars than has potential like @AronDracula mentioned, and consider fan feedback. As someone who appreciates the writing process as well as ideas, although I don’t consider myself a writer, I dislike it when fans try to take full control of everything that happens in a movie or video game, when they are made for the creators to express their ideas in hopes that people will like them, but Star Wars does need to consider a bit of fan feedback, while also incorporating a bunch of their own ideas, as long as they aren’t huge mistakes such as killing off snoke, although that scene was kinda powerful.

Hopefully Solo will mark the start of Disney doing Star Wars some justice and will reel back some of the fans and make the franchise great again before it truly dies, which I really hope does not happen.

• Solo's Big Game TV spot trailer is finally out the real trailer comes tomorrow

• SuperBowl spot for anyone who wants to see it.

Looks decent enough. Hopefully we'll see some other side of the Empire given that he seems to be looking to join their ranks (unless he doesn't get in)... Whatever it ends up being, I hope it takes a story of a different genre/angle in the SW universe. I love Rogue One, mostly because it's a Star Wars story without all the lightsabers and big spaceship battles, and turned into a heist movie.. sort of. The ending is great too. Subverted expectations in just the right way.
    Still weird that we've heard about this movie for a few years, but only now are we getting a moving picture to the name, and this is all coming out in May. Hmm.

• edited February 2018

I've liked all the new Star Wars movies thus far so I'm cautiously optimistic and if anything, this movie will be gorgeous to look at. That scene with the Star Destroyer in the middle of a vortex is fantastic looking.

• edited February 2018

A full teaser trailer is out!

Again, it's visually stunning. Still not too sold on the actor so far. He doesn't really sound like Harrison Ford but that's probably for the best. He has too unique of a voice it'd be weird to hear him try to replicate it the whole movie. Hopefully they'll nail the characterisation though!

• Okay, that's better.

Yeah, I'm not sold on the actor just yet. Doesn't really feel like Harrison/Han.
    In terms of other stuff: Chewie looks good (I found him to look strange at the end of the shorter teaser, looked too fluffy), again, the tone seems different so I'm excited for that,, and we've also got a space-kraken which looks to be scary.
    Here's hoping this movie is worth it.

lupinb0y posted: »

A full teaser trailer is out! Again, it's visually stunning. Still not too sold on the actor so far. He doesn't really sound like Har

• edited February 2018

I think it's the winds fault for making Chewie look weird in that shot. It blew his fur up making him look fluffier.

AChicken posted: »

Okay, that's better. Yeah, I'm not sold on the actor just yet. Doesn't really feel like Harrison/Han. In terms of other stuff: Chewie l

• Oh wow! I'm actually excited about seeing this now. It looks awesome!

lupinb0y posted: »

A full teaser trailer is out! Again, it's visually stunning. Still not too sold on the actor so far. He doesn't really sound like Har

• I wasn't impressed at all by the Super Bowl trailer, but the longer trailer is a lot better. I wonder if this will be the first Star Wars movie without a single lightsaber in it, or if they'll find a way to include one somewhere anyway.

• I am intrigued. But I can’t help but feel a Guardian of the Galaxy vibe from the trailer. But then again, Star-Lord is inspired by Han Solo.

• They better include some mandalorian with a lightsaber, maybe the dark saber, cos if they don’t ima flip my shit

• Thx for posting that trailer I'm still trying to figure out how to do that

AChicken posted: »

SuperBowl spot for anyone who wants to see it. Looks decent enough. Hopefully we'll see some other side of the Empire given that he see

• So the SuperBowl Solo trailer was crap and then we got Infinity War which I loved and not today we get the real trailer which was ok

• The only reason I'm going to see this movie is to see how Chewie and Han met.

• ...Someone beat me to it.

Acheive250 posted: »

The only reason I'm going to see this movie is to see how Chewie and Han met.

• That Star Destroyer in the clouds and lightning storm was awesome looking. Weird looking TIE fighter too.

I kind of hope this movie bombs so Disney will rein in their Star Wars mania. Less is more. And with all the troubled production this movie has been getting, I won't be surprised. Hopefully the action is good at least.

• The trailer for the movie looks good, I am very interested in seeing what the whole interior for the Millennium Falcon will look like because its such an iconic ship and seeing it all changed up with blue lights instead of yellow really surprised and excited me. Its funny because when I looked at Harrison Ford's Millennium Falcon it looked pretty clean but now that I have seen Alden Ehrenreich's Millennium Falcon it makes Harrison Ford's look pretty dirty.

• I think this thread needs this

Sign in to comment in this discussion.