Have you noticed any patterns in your choices throughout all of Telltale's games?

As you have played through Telltale's recent titles (and perhaps similar games from other developers) have you noticed any recurrences in the choices you make and the reasonings behind them? Examples are welcome.

As an example:
I have a tendency to choose the silent option in response to characters attempting to make an insightful observation on the PC (I.E. Carver comparing himself to Clem and Snow prying into Bigby's motives) and when talking to characters that I get a bad feeling from (My Bruce has a habit of coldly staring down people who piss him off :lol:)

Comments

• edited February 2018

How opposed do you happen to be overall to the choice to murder in these games? Regarding the times you have decided to execute a character have there been recurring conditions that you have noticed that seem to be major deciding factors in your choosing to do so? What about when you spare them instead? Pretty dark question I know but I'm curious.

• I would always try to go with options that are "morally right" whatever that means, such as going against murder theft etc. unless we want to talk about the decisions made around Kenny...

• I kill a lot of people that I don’t like and choose the most sarcastic options ever.

• edited February 2018

I always play as a pacifist and always choose to be diplomatic whenever there's an available option to do so. The only exception was in ANF where I wanted to become Negan 2.0. It didn't work so... With exception of ANF I always played as the good guy. Everytime I play a game where there's dialogue options in it, I make the decisions that represents what I would do in real life. I can honestly say that I learned a lot about myself by playing video games (In some way at least)

• I find myself mostly making the morally correct decisions but also trying to keep as many people alive as I can, even if that means doing something that may be a little immoral or potentially idiotic and could bite me in the ass later on, but playing RPGs I always recruited every companion I could so I guess that kind of transfers over when I play narrative games.

• I usually pick the nicer or more logically correct options, unless one of them looks like it will lead to something funny, in which case I tend to choose that one.

• What are some conditions that cause you to choose the silent option in these games?

• Don't like any of the options, or the other characters in the scene are in such a heated discussion with each other that I don't want to interrupt.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

What are some conditions that cause you to choose the silent option in these games?

• After the initial "test" walkthrough, I usually try to go back and design my choices around what I think the character would do.

• My Lee was a pretty good-natured, logical guy who nevertheless held a lot of suppressed rage that could explode into violence (like it did with the senator). I chose nice dialogue choices mostly, but made some impulsive and/or morally dubious choices under duress (killed the St. John's and the Save-Lots Lady, threatened Larry at the pharmacy, fought Kenny, cut his arm off, etc.)

• My Bigby pretty much behaved like a stereotypical, anti-hero cop. Talks an ok game about justice and order but is ultimately violent and petty. He's torn between doing right by Fabletown and satisfying his violent Wolf impulses. I chose mostly violent, asshole options and hit people at every chance, but drew the line at burning the tree and terrorizing TJ. Bigby related more to the downtrodden than the upper class and treated the Trip Trap crew ok after episode 1.

There's more examples, but those are the best ones.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.