Stranger Things.

edited February 2018 in General Chat

Here's a thread to find your fellow fans of Stranger Things. here you can talk anything Stranger Things. I can't wait for season 3!

Tagged:

Comments

• Dude.............. I LOVE Stranger Things! It's so good! :smiley:

• edited February 2018

It's a shame season 3 won't arrive until 2019.

I'm a bit worried about the next season though, the cute kids will have turned into teenagers.
    Hopefully they'll still be likeable. I usually find teenagers on tv and in movies quite annoying.
    I hope the kids in Stranger Things will be the exception.

• Well, Finn (Mike) and Gaten (Dustin) were 12 when they recorded their auditions for Stranger Things. And Caleb (Lukas) was 14 when he recorded his audition. Already teenagers. Millie and Noah are the youngest.

Onmens posted: »

It's a shame season 3 won't arrive until 2019. I'm a bit worried about the next season though, the cute kids will have turned into teenag

• https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/teenager

Just saying...
    Not that it matters :)

MegaXD posted: »

Well, Finn (Mike) and Gaten (Dustin) were 12 when they recorded their auditions for Stranger Things. And Caleb (Lukas) was 14 when he recorded his audition. Already teenagers. Millie and Noah are the youngest.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I love Stranger Things, i don't have too many worries about the age of the actors as they are good at that they do and the show could do a time skip to account for the age difference as there could be years between different attacks from the upside down.

On another note David Harbour is currently at the Antarctic with Greenpeace and whilst there did a small peace to the camera and than did his stranger things dance. :p

• Lmao,? I loved seeing this!

OzzyUK posted: »

I love Stranger Things, i don't have too many worries about the age of the actors as they are good at that they do and the show could do a t

• Yes, but they were 12 when they recorded their auditions, meaning that when they were on the show, they were already 13, teenagers.
    Anyway... it doesn't matter

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/teenager Just saying... Not that it matters

• Their all such great characters, I don't think that will change with them being teenagers.

It's a shame season 3 won't arrive until 2019. I'm a bit worried about the next season though, the cute kids will have turned into teenag

• A few months back, I found this awesome art collection of "Vintage Book Covers" of each Season 2 episode. Cool stuff. Too bad all you can do is look at it. Would love some posters of these.
    Putting it all under spoiler tag, because they're full sized images.

artist - the butcher billy

• Cool! I would also like posters of them.

AChicken posted: »

A few months back, I found this awesome art collection of "Vintage Book Covers" of each Season 2 episode. Cool stuff. Too bad all you can do

• I finally started watching Stranger Things and oh boy, I wish I did it earlier. These series are amazing! I'm only 5 episodes in so please don't spoil anything to me. I'm legit hooked on Stranger Things and can't wait to finish it and join the wait for Season 3. These series probably have the best acting I've seen in a while.

Also I have a crush on Jim Hopper and I'm not ashamed.

• Yeah, the show is great. I'm not going to spoil anything for you, just going to say that season 2 is even better imo.

I finally started watching Stranger Things and oh boy, I wish I did it earlier. These series are amazing! I'm only 5 episodes in so please d

• Who's your favorite?

I finally started watching Stranger Things and oh boy, I wish I did it earlier. These series are amazing! I'm only 5 episodes in so please d

• https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/em-stranger-things-em-apos-181421859.html
    Sadie Sink who plays as Max on Stranger Things looks amazing!

• edited March 2018

Weirdly enough, I sympathize more with older characters. I really love Hopper and Joyce, they're probably my favorites. I didn't like Nancy at first but she's grown on me pretty fast, same with Jonathan and even Steve. If you talk about the kids, I really like Dustin. he's just adorable. Oh, and Eleven, of course. Poor kid has gone through so much.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Who's your favorite?

• At first I really liked Dustin so he was a favorite for a while but I slowly started to really like Mike. He might be one of the most relateable characters on the show.

Weirdly enough, I sympathize more with older characters. I really love Hopper and Joyce, they're probably my favorites. I didn't like Nancy

• I finally finished watching Stranger Things yesterday, decided to share some of my thoughts under the spoiler.

Whoah. Like, whoah. I see why everyone like these series. I don't remember the last time I got so hooked up by a story - I could only watch 1-2 episodes a day and spent every evening thinking of what will happen next. Both seasons are quite strong in my opinion, the finales are breathtaking. I'm a little unsure about Season 3 though; I feel like the Duffer Brothers used almost all appropriate tropes for this plot and they might start repeating themselves. Season 1 was more focused on the lab and villainous government, Season 2 was about supernatural. Now that both threats are gone, what could be a new theme? Yeah, they showed some weird shit going on the Upside Down again but seriously? If Stranger Things becomes a neverending adventure with a dozen seasons I'll be disappointed.

My another concern is about the cast. Don't get me wrong, the actors are awesome - everyone is perfect in their roles. There's so much chemistry between them and quality acting is one of the best thing about these series. But Duffers keep adding new characters and in the last episode I realized that the set is too full. Expanding the cast might hurt the story. I'd rather have them focused on characters we love.

That's almost all of my complaints, everything else is awesome. I was genuinely touched by many moments in Stranger Things, which is already extraordinary for some as non-sentimental as me, but that last conversation between Eleven and Hopper made me weep like a baby. Their relationship is the most special to me, I'm so glad they made peace. Hopper still remains my favorite character and it hurts to see that literally no one in the show gives him any credit for what he's doing. Urgh, why do I always fall for those simple faithful older guys with tragic backgrounds and strong affections? probably my daddy issues

I still liked the new characters in Season 2; Max felt out of place at first but I can relate to her in a way. Plus, she's pretty cool. I certainly want her around. And Billy... Oh boy. The actor did a tremendously talented job. You hate him, you're afraid of him yet you feel his inner anger and pain. Also, dat mullet. Kenny would be jealous.

I see people criticizing the Kali storyline but I don't get why. I think something like this was neccessary for Eleven to understand what she needs and what kind of person she is. Meeting another number was quite interesting. I'm really happy that Eleven was strong enough to repel Kali's destructive influence and find her own path. Her meeting with mom was also really emotional and Terry's backstory is just intense. In the end, I have nothing against this storyline; my only problem is that Eleven went all the way to Illinois, found Kali, made some serious decisions, trained herself, had a dressover, almost killed a man, befriended a gang, made some more serious decisions, came back and killed demodogs in like... two days? That's just rushed.

Steve has grown on me in the end of Season 1 but now he's one of my favorites (things I though I'd never say). His bromance with Dustin is just brilliant. I live and breathe for these two. It's so heartwarming to see them as a duo in real life too.

Aaaaand now there's that thing y'all probably gonna hate me for.... but I'm not a fan of Mike/Eleven romance. I'm completely fine with it and even find it a little cute, I just barely cared. It didn't pull any strings in my heart, probably because this whole thing feels weird with 12 year old kids to me or I just don't like Mike. Yeah, he's my least favourite of the kids. I'm not sure why. I don't blame Finn Wolfhard, he's a great actor but Mike doesn't appeal to me at all. He's just... bland? Idk, I migh rewatch Stranger Things before Season 3 comes out and try to get more invested into Mike/Eleven romance. Please don't kill me.

That's all. So the wait begins...

• When I watched season 1 I just couldn't stand Steve, but when I watch season 2 I started to like him and even felt sorry for him when him and Nancy broke up, ( Even though I think Nancy and Jonathan are perfect for each ever ).

I finally finished watching Stranger Things yesterday, decided to share some of my thoughts under the spoiler. (Spoiler) That's all. So the wait begins...

• Check this out guys.

• So, there's this Stranger Things fan theory that I've hard and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. what if the upside down isn't another dimension, what if it's actually the apocalyptic future. I can totally see that, let me know what you all think.

• Sounds interesting. So, we can assume that this "mistake" the lab was talking about is an accidental hole in time threatening Hawkins' excistence? I don't really understand how Shadow Monster and Will's visions work in this case though. And what kind of catastrophe could cause such future to happen? Nice theory but I don't think it fits into the context of the series.

Kng0604 posted: »

So, there's this Stranger Things fan theory that I've hard and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. what if the upside down isn't an

• I'm not sure I completely believe in the theory, I just thought it was an interesting idea.

Sounds interesting. So, we can assume that this "mistake" the lab was talking about is an accidental hole in time threatening Hawkins' excis

• edited March 2018

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/27/stranger-things-producers-admit-will-never-kill-off-steve-harrington-7419558/
    It's the strangest thing when I watched the first season I hated Steve, but after season 2 I really like him, and I'm so happy to see this news.

• Season 3 is now in production, nerds!

• Beautiful!

Season 3 is now in production, nerds!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I saw this yesterday, i am really looking forward to season 3.

• Yes!!! I am so excited for this! I'll be eating eggoz until they release the season.... Oh man I'm going to need a lot of eggoz.?

• Oh... really not a rumors fan. I tend to go out of my way to avoid those.

Kng0604 posted: »

Stranger Things season 3 rumors! http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/05/10/stranger-things-joyce-pregnant-season-3-baby-bump-pic/

• Sorry if you didn't want to see it. I just thought it was interesting.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Oh... really not a rumors fan. I tend to go out of my way to avoid those.

• Bob and Mews, facing their demons from the right-side up.

• edited June 2018

Ooh, really cool 5 minute video about what went into creating the sets and locations of Stranger Things (specifically Season 2), among other things. They're very detail-oriented.

Telltale please dont mess this up

• Woah... my dad's good friend was just hired to be a stunt coordinator for Stranger Things. He didn't even know about the show! On top of that, he told us he is also neighbors with Sadie Sink (Max)!

• Oh wow! So cool!

Woah... my dad's good friend was just hired to be a stunt coordinator for Stranger Things. He didn't even know about the show! On top of that, he told us he is also neighbors with Sadie Sink (Max)!

• I forgot the redhead's name, the one with the skateboard, but I think she should replace Will. He's not that interesting anymore now that they've found him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.