The anything Disney thread.

Comments

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

If you need any Disneyland tips, let me know! I'm going down there this weekend.

• edited March 2018

I honestly don't know whether to look forward to it or dread it. I hope it turns out good, though.

• Yeah, I can't decide if I'm excited about it or not. I know I'm not crazy about the cast. But hopefully it'll be good.

I honestly don't know whether to look forward to it or dread it. I hope it turns out good, though.

• I recently played the Kingdom Hearts series for the first time thanks to the PS4 compilation, KHII is honestly one of my favourite action JRPGs ever, I'm really addicted to it and I'm trying to defeat all the superbosses (there is loads of them)

• I love Kingdom Hearts! I am playing dream drop distance. It's great, but the first one is the best, imo.

CathalOHara posted: »

I recently played the Kingdom Hearts series for the first time thanks to the PS4 compilation, KHII is honestly one of my favourite action JRPGs ever, I'm really addicted to it and I'm trying to defeat all the superbosses (there is loads of them)

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited March 2018

I think the first is a close second, I do prefer the fact the story is easier to follow but I do find the combat getting a tiny bit on the repetitious side towards the end (Birth By Sleep I thought had that problem too but I think there's a chance I felt just stagnation since I'm playing all the games back to back). I'm playing Dream Drop Distance too! I'm enjoying it so far although I'm only on the second world! I'm also trying to hone my abilities in KH I to beat Sephiroth and in II to beat those Organisation XIII data bosses.

Kng0604 posted: »

I love Kingdom Hearts! I am playing dream drop distance. It's great, but the first one is the best, imo.

• Have you played re chain of memories? The game play isn't as good but I liked the story. The only game in the series that I just don't like is re coded, nothing really happens in the story on that one, I would skip it or just play that one on the new collection.

I think the first is a close second, I do prefer the fact the story is easier to follow but I do find the combat getting a tiny bit on the r

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

I tried to play KHII as a Disney-obsessed kid who had never played the first or any Final Fantasy game and it flew over my head, so I never finished it... I'll probably pick up the compilation before 3 comes out and try again, though!

I recently played the Kingdom Hearts series for the first time thanks to the PS4 compilation, KHII is honestly one of my favourite action JRPGs ever, I'm really addicted to it and I'm trying to defeat all the superbosses (there is loads of them)

• I have yeah! I was warned by a few people to make sure to play it before KHII. Was alright! Was a bit of strange combat system (as well as a very easily exploitable one) but I did still enjoy it, I did quite like Riku's campaign for that matter.

And yeah I heard people say that about Re: Coded alright, it is just presented as cutscenes in the new collection though I doubt I'll like it as much as 358 Days.

Have you played re chain of memories? The game play isn't as good but I liked the story. The only game in the series that I just don't like

• Oh make sure you do! It's really enjoyable but the game does ask a lot of you with it's slow opening, the plot can get right complicated as well. But in saying that I did actually enjoy both things I just mentioned!

I tried to play KHII as a Disney-obsessed kid who had never played the first or any Final Fantasy game and it flew over my head, so I never finished it... I'll probably pick up the compilation before 3 comes out and try again, though!

• edited March 2018

I'm so excited! I love Gravity Falls, and I'm so happy to see some new story's!?

• edited March 2018

Oh my gosh! I went on the Tower of Terror for the first time last night and it broke down in the middle of the ride! ?

After the first drop the whole thing just kinda shut down; and we were all sitting on the elevator for about 2 mins going "Huh???"

Then the lights came on and a voice on a loudspeaker said "All guests please remain seated; the ride will be functioning normally again momentarily." Needless to say, all of us groaned. For the first five mins we all just sat there in silence, then for the next ten everyone started joking around and saying stuff like "I'll be perfectly fine sitting here all night if you bring me unlimited cocktails!" and "I would take my phone out, but Lord knows the ride will probably drop us again as soon as that happens."

The Disney employees eventually came and got us off the ride, offering to let us ride again or give us a FastPass for any park the next day (the staff is so nice there).

• Gosh! I can't believed that happened to you. Things like that usually doesn't happen at Disney.

Oh my gosh! I went on the Tower of Terror for the first time last night and it broke down in the middle of the ride! ? After the first dr

• Tower of Terror actually breaks down frequently for a Disney ride, from what I've observed. I mean, look up "Tower of Terror breaks down" on YouTube and at least fifteen vids will come up.

The whole situation was kinda funny, I have to admit. We rode it three times total. First time I was a nervous wreck getting on it, second time it broke down, third I rode it just fine (everything went well with the elevator and I had fun).

Gosh! I can't believed that happened to you. Things like that usually doesn't happen at Disney.

• Wow, there are a lot of videos showing that. If that happened the first time I rode it I probably would have freaked out and not have wanted to ride it at all.?( I was such a chicken the first time.) Have you been on the Rockin Roller coaster yet? That ones actually more intense to me.

Tower of Terror actually breaks down frequently for a Disney ride, from what I've observed. I mean, look up "Tower of Terror breaks down" on

• Oh yeah! I rode on the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster my first time there. Going upside down didn't really bother me... but when it launched me at the beginning I couldn't even open my eyes and the air was ripped from my lungs. ?

Wow, there are a lot of videos showing that. If that happened the first time I rode it I probably would have freaked out and not have wanted

• edited March 2018

Lol. I remember when I was waiting in the line to ride it the first time, I wasn't scared, well, that was until I saw it take off the first time. I was like 9 years old then, and I was supper nervous.?

Oh yeah! I rode on the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster my first time there. Going upside down didn't really bother me... but when it launched me at the beginning I couldn't even open my eyes and the air was ripped from my lungs. ?

• edited April 2018

I finally, after a year of waiting, got to ride the Banshee Flight of Passage!

• I love old school Disney movies from the 50s and 60s....The Three Lives of Thomisina is a favorite.....but the Marvel movies...esp. the Avengers movies are shit.

• How was it? I can't wait to ride it myself.

I finally, after a year of waiting, got to ride the Banshee Flight of Passage!

• edited April 2018

Wow... first time I've ever heard someone say that, so it kinda shocked me.

At least they ain't as bad as DC movies.

I love old school Disney movies from the 50s and 60s....The Three Lives of Thomisina is a favorite.....but the Marvel movies...esp. the Avengers movies are shit.

• The Banshee Flight of Passage was AMAZING! It felt like you were really flying!

How was it? I can't wait to ride it myself.

• I can't wait! Really hopping I can get a fastpass for it.

The Banshee Flight of Passage was AMAZING! It felt like you were really flying!

• Well, I gave up my personal boycott of ignoring Disney's 3D movies and recently watched Frozen and Tangled for the first time. It's good to not judge movies before you see them. They were both pretty good. I liked Tangled a lot. The story, music, and humor was better than Frozen's, in my opinion.

• Setting up the usually morning line up.

Well, I gave up my personal boycott of ignoring Disney's 3D movies and recently watched Frozen and Tangled for the first time. It's good to

• Okay, I just want to say that if Wreck It Ralph 2 doesn't take the one golden opportunity it has with the concept to showcase Kingdom Hearts in an official Disney movie I'm going to be sorely disappointed

• edited June 2018

I saw Incredibles 2 the other day. I'd give it an 8/10...

-2 because all the voice actors sound years older than they are and that stupid Pixar short at the beginning made me cry.

• I'm with you. Their seeming avoidance of anything video-game related in marketing makes me really worried it won't have anything to do with its own roots.

The idea of a mainstream animated video-game parody movie was cool, and I wanted them to continue that. There is no indication of that right now though.
    I'll take anything related to it. Please.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Okay, I just want to say that if Wreck It Ralph 2 doesn't take the one golden opportunity it has with the concept to showcase Kingdom Hearts in an official Disney movie I'm going to be sorely disappointed

• edited June 2018

Yeah it was very disappointing to see the sequel stray away so much from video game material when so much of it was pushed away to give a bit too much focus on a candy theme racing game in the first one. It was a good film but still.

As for Kingdom Hearts, the entire premise of this sequel is just perfect for Sora to make a cameo or better yet a side character in the film. Just seeing Disney finally acknowledging the video games would be worth the price of admission for me. I wasn't too keen on watching this film but after realizing that the games could very well be featured with the timing of Kingdom Hearts 3 I'm tempted to watch it purely to see if Disney is keeping it a surprise lol

AChicken posted: »

I'm with you. Their seeming avoidance of anything video-game related in marketing makes me really worried it won't have anything to do with

• I haven't seen it yet, I can't wait! Did it have a lot of scenes with the flashing lights or was it just the one scene? I am asking because my brother is sensitive to quickly flashing lights, and my family isn't sure if it would be one he would be able to watch.

I saw Incredibles 2 the other day. I'd give it an 8/10... -2 because all the voice actors sound years older than they are and that stupid Pixar short at the beginning made me cry.

• edited June 2018

I haven't seen it, but I have read that there are some scenes that have big flashing lights occur.
    Some people have mentioned "They should put in some kind of Seizure/Epilepsy warning. Some of those scenes were hard on the eyes"

EDIT: Actually, Disney have put up a statement and a warning. Disney issues seizure warning for Incredibles 2. ||| Theaters post warnings due to seizure concerns.
    ...Damn, I feel sorry for your brother. I really hope he can watch this either now or at a later time. Would the DVD release make things easier since it'd be a smaller screen and have easily avoidable lights?

I haven't seen it yet, I can't wait! Did it have a lot of scenes with the flashing lights or was it just the one scene? I am asking because

• Yeah, the DVD release would probably be fine because of smaller screen and wouldn't be in the dark like at the movies. Thank you for your reply.

I haven't seen it, but I have read that there are some scenes that have big flashing lights occur. Some people have mentioned "They should

• Well let's hope it moves to a smaller format soon. I know I'm excited for this movie, but having to wait even longer for this super anticipated 14-year sequel would be killer for me.
    I send my regards.

Yeah, the DVD release would probably be fine because of smaller screen and wouldn't be in the dark like at the movies. Thank you for your reply.

• edited June 2018

So, I saw The Incredibles 2 last night! It was Amazing! But... not as "Incredible" as the first movie, I'd say. It was close though and had its moments.
    This is one I'll be watching again very soon, both because I liked it a lot and also because my viewing experience could have been improved. details below -- a big block of text:

The theatre was packed to the brim, and even though we got there 30 minutes early, so was everyone else. My family and I had to sit in the second row right in front of the left side of the screen. That was an odd experience. My field of view was pretty small sitting there and was at an odd angle of 140° so anything large or fast was hard to keep track of with a huge screen in front of my face.

Spoilers below of my impressions...

• I did, in fact, enjoy the separation of Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible, as I was initially worried from the trailers it'd be a bad rehash of the first movie's "Superhero gets recruited for secret missions" mixed with "Mr. incompetent Mom" tropes for Bob. Elastigirl got her movie's share and it makes sense considering how she's usually overshadowed by Mr. Incredible in the story and in the first movie's plot.
    • But, they made Elastigirl's missions thrilling and Bob's struggles as a parent and independent, supportive, left-out-of-the-limelight husband were very well handled in my opinion.
    • The villain and her motivations were interesting, but a bit cliché. I will say that I was one of the people who knew very quickly Evelyn was behind Screenslaver's mask. This is probably really weird and prejudiced to certain fashion styles (or maybe this was all intended idk) but her unprofessional manner of conduct in certain scenes (like sitting cross-legged on a business table), her hairdo that screamed "I am crazy, carefree, and rebellious(?), as well as few scenes of her being kind of foreshadowy and positioned in shadowy areas of scenes made her seem sinister sometimes. Also, those few times in her first scenes where she called her parents "mother and father" were big red flags for me. No one calls their parents that unless they're villains :lol: :p.
    • It still retained some pretty mature concepts and scenes even though they clearly dumbed down a few things for the kids. Law and legality of things vs. what is right, a lot of almost-deaths in the movie and freaky hypno-mind control, that whole ending fight with Evelyn and her cruel suffocation plan.
    • Cool tidbit: (My theatre was full of teen couples, young kids+parents, and older couples, seemingly alone (no kids near them))
    • But, it just wasn't as good, dramatic, or have such dark undertones as the first movie. Syndrome still reigns supreme as a great villain.
    • One more notable point: I kind of felt that Void -- while her powers were really cool and that Violet/Void fight power matchup was one of the best I've seen -- I feel like she got some scenes cut or something. They seemed to build up this potential mentor relationship between her and Elsatigirl in their introductions, but it just went nowhere fast. She gets mind-controlled and then does a bit of helpful stuff at the end. Would have wanted to see more of her looking up to her idol.
      Other stuff not mentioned: Jack-Jack and Edna (need more!), Elastigirl vs. the monorail and clever use of powers, that water-dinner scene (you know the one), great sound mixing for when Jack-Jack teleports to another dimension (he moves around the theater speakers), Honey (Lucius' wife) is back... but IMO that scene was too short we deserve more banter between the two.

oh and by the way for you telltale fans... while it's not featured in the credits or even in the movie's IMDB page, it is registered as a character in the new Lego game's page: DAVE FENNOY PLAYS THE JUDGE AT THE END OF THE MOVIE!! YESSSS!!!!

So was it worth the 14-year wait? No. Of course not. Nothing can, really. But I'd gladly see it again.

Here's to hoping we get a third one soon. We need to see the Underminer taken down please!

EDIT: Oh, and @Kng0604, take it from me that this movie does have an epilepsy warning for a reason. There is one notable scene I can think of that features heavy strobe lighting -- and while it's used in a cool way, it can be a problem to those with epilepsy/seizure issues, I think. Your brother may have to wait for the small-screen version, unfortunately.

• I think the one problem I have with Incredibles 2 is that while the talent is undeniably there you can tell that this was a movie Brad Bird was pressured into making as you watch it. With his other animated works you can tell they were made with unbridled passion. Films like Ratatouille and the Incredibles were fresh ideas; aside from being Pixar movies (and possibly being directed by Bird if you're a fan) there were no definite expectations placed on the stories because people only had a vague idea of what the worlds were about going in. With Incredibles 2 it seemed to me that Bird was less focused on doing whatever he wanted and instead making a continuation to the first that could live up to the hype, so it doesn't really feel as fresh. It's still a good movie but it doesn't have that brilliance of the first.

So, I saw The Incredibles 2 last night! It was Amazing! But... not as "Incredible" as the first movie, I'd say. It was close though and had

• Thanks for letting me know. It makes me so mad that Disney didn't put the warning on it when it first came out, there were a bunch of people who had seizures because of those few scenes. But what ever, thanks again.☺

So, I saw The Incredibles 2 last night! It was Amazing! But... not as "Incredible" as the first movie, I'd say. It was close though and had

• I will say that I was one of the people who knew very quickly

Evelyn was behind Screenslaver's mask.
    This is probably really weird and prejudiced to certain fashion styles (or maybe this was all intended idk) but her unprofessional manner of conduct in certain scenes (like sitting cross-legged on a business table), her hairdo that screamed "I am crazy, carefree, and rebellious(?), as well as few scenes of her being kind of foreshadowy and positioned in shadowy areas of scenes made her seem sinister sometimes. Also, those few times in her first scenes where she called her parents "mother and father" were big red flags for me. No one calls their parents that unless they're villains :lol: :p.

It still retained some pretty mature concepts and scenes even though they clearly dumbed down a few things for the kids. Law and legality of things vs. what is right, a lot of almost-deaths in the movie and freaky hypno-mind control, that whole ending fight with Evelyn and her cruel suffocation plan.
    You put that much thought into it, huh? Honestly, it was guessable from the moment they first appeared and if anything

it was how much of a visual and auditory non-entity she was that made it faux-obvious.

One more notable point: I kind of felt that Void got some scenes cut or something.

Oooh, is was Voyd! I honestly thought her name was Boyd.

• edited October 2018

@Kng0604

For Disney's new Digital release of Incredibles 2 (Maybe even DVD but that's unconfirmed) they seem to have toned down the strobe lighting in the movie significantly.
    Your brother may now be able to watch the film!

Here's a comparison video of the strobe scenes, and there's a noticable difference. It's practically removed from many of the original scenes.
    Some spoilers, of course:

• Can i ask everybody do you still look forwards for Star Wars Episode 9 (2019)??

• Thank you for letting me know. That's very nice of you.

@Kng0604 For Disney's new Digital release of Incredibles 2 (Maybe even DVD but that's unconfirmed) they seem to have toned down the strob

Sign in to comment in this discussion.