For those of you who STILL doubt that Telltale is Improving...

Comments

• edited March 2018

"User Score 7.9 based on 11 Ratings"

"based on 11 Ratings"

"11 ratings"

The batman fanbase is more minuscule than I thought it was!!!

• If you think Telltale has a lot of complainers in the community, go look at Bungie's community website. You'll feel much better seeing what type of people I have to deal with as a Destiny fan.

• Laugh all you want but Batman remain one of the best game Telltale has made recently.

"User Score 7.9 based on 11 Ratings" "based on 11 Ratings" "11 ratings" The batman fanbase is more minuscule than I thought it was!!!

• Eh. I can imagine.

If you think Telltale has a lot of complainers in the community, go look at Bungie's community website. You'll feel much better seeing what type of people I have to deal with as a Destiny fan.

• The other games weren't hard to beat.

iFoRias posted: »

Laugh all you want but Batman remain one of the best game Telltale has made recently.

• Then you ADMIT Telltale is Improving. B)

The other games weren't hard to beat.

• It's in the past,move on.
    I don't know if the Final Season is going to be great but Batman is one of my favorite games they've made.
    There's definitely been some improvements recently.

• It's in the past,move on.

Thank You! o:)

It's in the past,move on. I don't know if the Final Season is going to be great but Batman is one of my favorite games they've made. There's definitely been some improvements recently.

• I knew they were improving ever since I replayed the first ep of guardians back in July and realized I was grinning like an idiot, I haven’t enjoyed a telltale game that much since borderlands, so yes they are improving.

• edited March 2018

As annoying and (at times) childish this forum has gotten over the past couple year, nothing will ever compare to the absolute horror this place was during TWD: S2 and TWAU's run. Spam was everywhere. Clicking links was risky. Rule 34 was in full effect, especially on the TWD side. The dislike button was use for 2 purposes: to warn you not to enter a thread/scroll down a thread and to antagonize/provoke people into arguments. Mods literally had shut down threads and clean them up so we could have some sort of normalcy, thus exposing themselves to crude images and major spoilers throughout the season.

This place ain't perfect, but we have come a long way from 2014.

If you think Telltale has a lot of complainers in the community, go look at Bungie's community website. You'll feel much better seeing what type of people I have to deal with as a Destiny fan.

• Oh, Dont_Look_Back is here as well. That's.... interesting.

• She has to Troll.

Zyphon posted: »

Oh, Dont_Look_Back is here as well. That's.... interesting.

• Batman development team is different compared to A New Frontier one, you know.

Laugh all you want but Batman remain one of the best game Telltale has made recently.

• That's good to hear... Bungie's forums haven't changed for the past four years that Destiny has been a thing. All I see whenever I go on there is people trying to find things to complain about.

eRock92 posted: »

As annoying and (at times) childish this forum has gotten over the past couple year, nothing will ever compare to the absolute horror this p

• Welcome to the internet, sponsored by digital confidence. It's so easy to complain about things from behind a screen or phone.

That's good to hear... Bungie's forums haven't changed for the past four years that Destiny has been a thing. All I see whenever I go on there is people trying to find things to complain about.

• so true lol

• Walking Dead is honestly past it’s prime not even the TV show or even the comics are as popular as they once were.

People are still juicy for more Batman.

• The show especially, if the viewing decline doesn't stop the show will literally have no viewers by 2021

J-Master posted: »

Walking Dead is honestly past it’s prime not even the TV show or even the comics are as popular as they once were. People are still juicy for more Batman.

• Season 8 is the final season, it won't last till 2021 even if they wanted

Clemenem posted: »

The show especially, if the viewing decline doesn't stop the show will literally have no viewers by 2021

• edited March 2018

No i'm pretty sure they already confirmed there's going to be a season 9,i think they could do something new with the Whisperers or a better villain than Negan,don't get me wrong i love Negan but i just feel like he doesn't fit in the show at all.

MegaXD posted: »

Season 8 is the final season, it won't last till 2021 even if they wanted

• you post this with such confidence as if metacritic ratings are always accurate and represent the product, which they pretty much never are.

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited March 2018

It's more than just the Critic rating that's important here. If you look closely, the User Rating is slightly HIGHER than the Critic Rating For Batman S2 Episode 5. Whereas for TWD ANF Episode 5, the User Rating was considerably LOWER than the Critic Rating. That kinda gives you an Idea of how good the Games Actually are in comparison to what the Critics say.

you post this with such confidence as if metacritic ratings are always accurate and represent the product, which they pretty much never are.

• Where did they confirmed it? Just want to know. Also, Negan is great in my opinion, better than the governor.

No i'm pretty sure they already confirmed there's going to be a season 9,i think they could do something new with the Whisperers or a better villain than Negan,don't get me wrong i love Negan but i just feel like he doesn't fit in the show at all.

• edited April 2018

It's not hard to find.There's even a new showrunner for season 9.

MegaXD posted: »

Where did they confirmed it? Just want to know. Also, Negan is great in my opinion, better than the governor.

• Yeah they really improved by taking away the rewind function and replacing it with valueless crowd-play that goes virtually unused.

• Improving? Never thought they were bad!

• Guardians of the Galaxy is what showed me that Telltale was changing for the better, Batman: The Enemy Within further proved it.

• edited April 2018

It's more than just the Critic rating that's important here.

i'm not talking about just the critic rating. i'm aware of how metacritic displays itself. i'm saying that more often than not the score on metacritic is completely wrong, regardless of the quality of the product.

That kinda gives you an Idea of how good the Games Actually are in comparison to what the Critics say.

no it does not. suicide squad and attack of the clones are two of the worst and most frustrating films i've ever had to sit through and i've met people who will praise those movies til the sun and back. people can be wrong. i'm not saying said the score is false 100% and i don't think telltale's newer work is even bad, my argument is simply that metacritic scores do not represent the product. it's up to you to form your own opinion on it, not let some site full of dumb assholes exploiting a terrible algorithm.

GohanFGC posted: »

It's more than just the Critic rating that's important here. If you look closely, the User Rating is slightly HIGHER than the Critic Rating

• edited April 2018

Honestly I do not understand why a lot of people still talk about how bad they thought A New Frontier and other titles were. They happened. There is nothing to be done. Everything happens for a reason. Obviously our voice for change has led to Pete Hawley coming in and improving the quality of Telltales content. We did our part, Now we should at least let Pete and the employees of Telltale do theirs. As contradictory as this sounds to what I said earlier in this comment I do understand the frustration of the community. It is clear that the quality was gradually decreasing. Mistakes were made. But at least everyone tried their best at making a good game(s) throughout a rough period for Telltale. I do not doubt Telltales' abilities for one second. They are more than capable of producing great content. As hilarious as this may sound but maybe The Final Season will blow Season One out of the water. That is an hilarious and bold statement to make on my part but anything is possible! Telltale have talented writers no question. We need to try to have some faith in Telltale. Even though that may be difficult considering a lot of the community feel betrayed and disappointed. But it isn't like they weren't trying. Pete Hawley and other staff clearly saw this and they may check these forums far more often than we think and they wanted to make a change and get back to being at their best.

• Exactly. Hawley has fixed A LOT that Telltale's previous CEO did wrong. I for one am much more hopeful for TWD S4 and TWAU S2 than I have been prior to how well Batman did.

Honestly I do not understand why a lot of people still talk about how bad they thought A New Frontier and other titles were. They happened.

• I'm still cautious. Even though Batman: The Enemy Within was Telltale's best series in YEARS, it is also the first Telltale game I've thoroughly enjoyed since TFTBL. I'm gonna need another game to decide if Telltale's actually turning stuff around. That said, I am VERY SLIGHTLY optimistic about TWAU Season 2 and I am iffy on TWD Season 4.

• One game isn't enough data to prove anything. If Telltale wants to win their fanbase back, they have to consistently release quality titles from here on out. Not saying TWAU S2 or TWD S4 are probably gonna be bad, but we should wait and see before we make judgements. The decline in quality didn't really happen overnight, a rise in quality won't either.

• Well the fact that Telltale got rid of the reason for said drop in quality is good. The last few episodes of Guardians and Minecraft, which were made after Hawley took over, were much higher quality than the episodes before him, so I think it's safe to say he's much better than the previous CEO (Not saying to avoid bans).

Green613 posted: »

One game isn't enough data to prove anything. If Telltale wants to win their fanbase back, they have to consistently release quality titles

• The thread seems to be overlooking one simple factor.

Who are the people playing Batman: Season 2?

Although there are no stats, I believe it's reasonable to think—unless someone wants to make a case for the contrary—that a majority of people who played this season of Batman were followers of Telltale's games prior to playing it. This is, after all, a company catering to a niche group of gamers. Newcomers aren't the usual.

It might (maybe) be just as much of a consensus that the games released between 2016 and 2017 saw a notable decline in quality; and portions of the fanbase took off.

Thus, players of Batman: Season 2 are in a large amount players who stuck with the company through the decline in quality.

If the same pool of players who abandoned the company in 2016–2017—whom we can imagine, overall, have different standards of quality than the players who remain, overall—were to, say, play Batman: Season 2 anyway and rate it, I believe the results would be considerably poorer.

• edited April 2018

Actually I’ve read a lot of comments from Steam, YouTube etc and a lot of the buyers are people who don’t really play telltale games

One advantage telltale has is it doesn’t matter if people are familiar with them. If they make a game based off a popular ip, in this case batman, people will buy it regardless. Why do you think walking dead and Minecraft were so successful.?

The thread seems to be overlooking one simple factor. Who are the people playing Batman: Season 2? Although there are no stats, I beli

Sign in to comment in this discussion.