Do you think it will be possible to have an option to romance John in S3?

I personally would love if this became a possibility. Of course it hasn't to be an obbligatory thing, but only a possibility/option that a player can choose to shape their own Bruce/Batman. People who like the romance with Catwoman could continue romancing her, and maybe even Avesta or others, so I don't see how it could be a problem to amplify the romance possibilities, even deviating a little from the canon(even though even in the canon universe their relationship is quite ambiguous). What I love about Telltale games is that you can literally shape your own character and I would love this game even more if this possibility was given because it will help making me feel like I'm even more in control of the situation and that I can take any possible decision. I've read that there are people who would like to romance Harley or Avesta and I think that could be added too(as an option as well,of course).

Comments

• There was a thread about it already and it got closed. I cant see any reason for having another one, since everyone will just repeat the same stuff again

• There's no way Telltale do this maybe Avesta but not John i know John is obsessed with Bruce and all of that but i seriously doubt it's going to happen.

• Even if possible, I don't want it to happen. As @iFoRias said, John has an obsession with Bruce, and I interpret that as being just that: an obsession. Nothing else.

• @andrearnettbraun I believe I've been misunderstood. I'm not talking about a forced option,but just a possible choice that a player can choose or not. Like the option that allowed you to flirt with Jesus in TWD s3. If one doesn't feel confortable with it, they could simply ignore the option.

Even if possible, I don't want it to happen. As @iFoRias said, John has an obsession with Bruce, and I interpret that as being just that: an obsession. Nothing else.

• I mean, it's in the realm of possibility, but I'm just saying that I wouldn't want it to actually happen. That's just me.

@andrearnettbraun I believe I've been misunderstood. I'm not talking about a forced option,but just a possible choice that a player can choo

• I think this thread should be closed considering this topic got discussed to great length before and ultimately that topic was closed. Joker might not even be in a season 3 anyway to keep things fresh and to shift to new villains.

• edited March 2018

@andrearnettbraun And it's fair enough I think. I wouldn't want this option to be forced into players that don't want it and that's why I was more for a possible choice that one can decide to go for or to simply ignore and romance other people. I mean there are people who would like to and people who wouldn't, so the idea of a possible choice not forced or obligatory and entirely optional would be intresting. I mean the game kinda forces the romance with Catwoman but I don't mind it, I simply ignore it.

• @gamingdevil800 Oh ok then. I'm sorry, I didn't want to cause any trouble. I was only hoping to express a thought but if it might be a problem then feel free to close the discussion,

• Some of us though dont want this to even be an option. It was said multiple times already in the old thread.

@andrearnettbraun And it's fair enough I think. I wouldn't want this option to be forced into players that don't want it and that's why I wa

• Like there is a near identical discussion to this one at the moment called:
    "Did Bruce "love" John? About the "You broke my heart John" option"
    It's basically the same discussion.

@gamingdevil800 Oh ok then. I'm sorry, I didn't want to cause any trouble. I was only hoping to express a thought but if it might be a problem then feel free to close the discussion,

• @gamingdevil800 I believe it's not. You see, I'm not discussing about John's feelings for Bruce(that's up to interpretation though I believe it's not entirely platonic and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case) I'm just asking about the possibility of an hypotetical option to be added in future games

• I'd love to be able to have a relationship with John :D My Bruce sure would ;) He's not interested in Selina or Avesta :D

• Do you think it will be possible to have an option to romance Harley in S3?
    Do you think it will be possible to have an option to romance Mr Freeze in S3?
    Do you think it will be possible to have an option to romance Bane in S3?
    Do you think it will be possible to have an option to romance Gordon in S3?
    Do you think it will be possible to have an option to romance Alfred in S3?
    Do you think it will be possible to have an option to romance Tiffany in S3?

The temptation is now there to make one of these topics lol. Honestly Harley would be fun but like Joker it's unrealistic so I hope you get my point.

@gamingdevil800 I believe it's not. You see, I'm not discussing about John's feelings for Bruce(that's up to interpretation though I believe

• I don't see how with Harley would be more realistic than with John.
    Then again, I would have nothing against a possible romance with Harley as well. And I'll ignore your provocation "Do you think it will be possible to have an option to romance Mr Freeze in S3?
    Do you think it will be possible to have an option to romance Bane in S3?" because it doesn't even deserve to be addressed since I never EVER asked for those.

• edited May 2018

I at least want an option to hug the guy. There were so many times during S2 where I felt like physical platonic affection could have helped with his emotional state and/or was what John needed. I truly don't think romance is a healthy option given John's mental state, as well as unequal power dynamics. Ship it to your heart's content, though.

That being said, I definitely would appreciate more gay and bi representation in these games, and more options in terms of romance. I didn't romance Selina in my first playthrough of S1 because I was holding out to see if a second, non-hetero option was available, and sadly she was the only option in terms of romance.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.