A Telltale Joker game idea (PLEASE CONSIDER IT TELLTALE)

This is an idea that I've been thinking about after finishing the game and the idea itself could expand Telltale's own lore with the Batman mythos. Specifically the Joker

This is perhaps the first time we get to shape and see the kind of Joker that would come out of it, and I found both version to be the best I've seen since the Heath Ledger performance. What's so different is that we now have to versions of the Joker and to me presents itself with a huge opportunity to expand the lore even further with this character

The idea is that this game would be a three episode like "The Walking Dead: Michonne" game, and the game would follow the same narrative, but the only difference is the setting as you'll play as either the Villain or Vigilante Joker. Each version while in the same narrative would have it's own cast of supporting characters and their own choices. It's through those you can shape your Joker and cement him in this universe. For me Vigilante Joker would fill the Red Hood role in this universe

Basically the game would start with John in Arkham, which Arkham Asylum would change depending on the choice at the end of season 1, and he would meet Harvey Dent, which again would depend on the choice of his behavior if he's still Harvey Dent or Two-Face and his role will be determined in this, and as John depending on your alignment would either help him or bring out the Two-Face persona. Then it would continue with a breakout in Arkham were a number of individuals escape. John included, but Dr Leland would be there injured from the explosion and you would be given a choice to either leave her and succumb to the injury or help her and tend her wounds. Each would depend based on the villain or the vigilante route and would be given a bonus choice based on it. Like villain route were you actually make Leland suffer until she dies or vigilante that you get her away from harm after you help her. Harvey Dent's role would also be depended as Two-Face is among those that escape, but Harvey Dent won't and you would be given a choice to either force out the Two-Face persona and bring him or just spare Harvey Dent and leave him.

Then after the breakout it would continue as John would be part of a team consists of the villains. Among them is Penguin, Victor Zsasz, and whatever villains that can work in this universe. Thought about calling it the "Society". This would also tie into the bigger DC Universe if Telltale would consider it. Like a Telltale Superman game. Ultimately there will be moments in the game were Joker has to choose, and again will involve the Villain/Vigilante(the good one) route. Would Joker kill an innocent or save them?

The setting itself needs some world, but you get the idea of where it's heading. Depending on the route this Joker would have his own cast and storyline. And even form friendship with some. This would cement Joker as either a true or anti-villain or and anti-hero. I'm thinking in the Vigilante route there would be a young girl he bonds with. Like the Joker's daughter?

Need to think about the setting but if they have the technology to do it like what has been done in the "Same Stitch" episode then a three episode would deliver just that

What do you think of this idea? Should Joker have his own episode based on either Villain/Vigilante? What ideas would you bring to this?

Comments

• It's funny you said that because i thought about it recently it's not a bad idea but that would be just too much work for Telltale i think.

• Would depend if they can upgrade their engine to be more customizable

iFoRias posted: »

It's funny you said that because i thought about it recently it's not a bad idea but that would be just too much work for Telltale i think.

• I would frickin LOVE a Joker episode/spin-off short series

• A Suicide Squad spin off episode would be way better than a John fanboy episode.

• While I'd love to see more of John, I think the only reason he works so well is that we don't know what he's thinking. If we were to play as him, it would take a lot of the mystery and nuance out of his character.

• It is an interesting idea, but I dont think Telltale would make a full on game starting Joker, even if it is a mini-series, I think a one episode DLC would be more likely.

• edited March 2018

Ha. I can imagine the dialogue options:

Stab you in the face
    Laugh maniacally
    Ask Harley for cookies
    Silent or chuckle?
    Take photo of Batman

• I don't think my mom would approve of such a game, doesn't seem like a good influence on us Telltale player, specially since we all are already kinda off.

• I don't think Telltale would do it since we already got a joker-based game. Don't get me wrong I'd be interested in this but a lot including Telltale likely aren't.

• +100

Maybe the only time I would pre order a game.

• Im PRAYING for a Joker spin-off as well. I think that John was the highlight of season 2, and a season 3 without him would be pretty disappointing because I feel like there is so much more they can do with him.

This 3-episode mini series would be brilliant and would really give Telltale the image that there choices really do matter. Sure, it may be as if they have to create 6 episodes (due to the vigilante and villian side of things), but it would be well worth it, and if they could give minecraft 6 episodes, they could certainly do 3 episodes with major branches depending on the Joker you have.

TELLTALE PLEASE CONSIDER <3

• Anthony Ingruber is creaming his pants over how well received his versions of Joker are

• But can they like still use it since you posted it first? I remember that official thread for Wolf in which actual TT staff asked for feedback concerning S1, and there were people that posted ideas for s2 which were asked to stop because "legal issues"

• It’s all about presentations. As long as they keep the same level of quality and do their own things for a Joker game, like having the more extrem option glowing and needing to select the other option a few times and maybe have that change the first option into something less extreme, I think it could be wonderful.

While I'd love to see more of John, I think the only reason he works so well is that we don't know what he's thinking. If we were to play as him, it would take a lot of the mystery and nuance out of his character.

• Get out of my head. I was thinking the same thing. Thought it would require them to commit to Batman season 3 first and work back from there. I’m leaning towards one massive episode cause leading towards a massive prison break is all they can do unless they bring back Lady Arkham. Just saying that makes me hope she and Vigilante Joker hook up.

• Seems like a pretty neat idea. Though I'm not sure Telltale would be up for it.

• I actually rate Anthony Ingruber's Season 2 performance higher than Heath Ledger's following Ep 5 as he managed to make both versions of Joker exciting, emotional, and personal. He might've edged out Mark Hamill also as my favorite non-live action Joker.

Anthony Ingruber is creaming his pants over how well received his versions of Joker are

Sign in to comment in this discussion.