So is this game worth playing?

How would you rate it compared to Telltale's most popular games?

Comments

• I can anwer only half of question.
    Is this game worth playing? Yes

But since I am new to TTG and played only GotG + Batman I cannot compare it to TWD.

• I wasn't really into it from what I saw, but went ahead and bought the Season Pass disc and I was pleasantly surprised. It starts off a little shaky but the game gets better as you progress. I think they'd knock a sequel out of the park like they did with S2 of Batman.

• edited January 2018

I agree with you when I first bought it I wanted something that could pass the time until Batman Season 2 was released so I bought this game. The game was amazing and really invested me in it's story and characters even though I have not seen the movies nor read the comics.

I wasn't really into it from what I saw, but went ahead and bought the Season Pass disc and I was pleasantly surprised. It starts off a litt

• As far as dialogue options actually being remembered and choices (somewhat) mattering, it is better than most Telltale games.

As far as being limited to a specific IP's universe, it is worse than most.

If you have some time and a couple bucks to spare, I would say go for it. I doubt it will blow you away but it will likely be enjoyable if you like Telltale games.

• The first two episodes seems ok but after that that's where the game shows it's true potential in my opinion.

• To be honest, I think it's one of Telltale's best works, unfortunately it's not that popular compared to the others but the quality of this game, it's story, characters and the effects of decisions is just amazing, it's given me renewed hope for Telltale's future.

• Everything about this game is awesome the choices matter, characters are funny and awesome, the story is really well written. I think this game is one of TellTale's biggest projects in terms of choices mattering.

• Compared to Telltales most popular games I think its very different. The game is a mix of the Guardians from the comics and from the MCU but in my opinion its mainly based off the MCU because of its plot. So if that's something your interested in then go for it.

• The game is definitely worth playing.

In terms of rating, I don’t know if I consider it among the top Telltale games, but it would be a second rank game at worst. I certainly consider it one of the good Telltale games.

• I agree that the characters feel more like their MCU counterparts as opposed to the comics because the comics are much darker but I feel TellTale did an excellent job with this game I really enjoyed it especially episode 5!

Tazmangamez posted: »

Compared to Telltales most popular games I think its very different. The game is a mix of the Guardians from the comics and from the MCU but

• 100% agreed, however the latest set of GOTG comics aren't as dark. Episode 5 was a great episode and a good rap up for the first Season.

I agree that the characters feel more like their MCU counterparts as opposed to the comics because the comics are much darker but I feel TellTale did an excellent job with this game I really enjoyed it especially episode 5!

• I just hope that TellTale will make a Season 2 because the ending hyped me up for a Season 2!

Tazmangamez posted: »

100% agreed, however the latest set of GOTG comics aren't as dark. Episode 5 was a great episode and a good rap up for the first Season.

• Yes the game is worth it. I won't lie to you..... the game has some bugs and glitches which sucks..... But the story is strong and character development is plentiful in this wonderful game! I have completed it and I enjoy the entire experience!!! :smile:

• edited April 2018

Game is good. Its no TWAU but its definitely worth playing for sure.

• edited April 2018

I will say I had to replay the first ep to realize how much I enjoyed it, but I highly recommend it.

Also there’s a connection between people who didn’t like this game and people who can’t laugh.

• I picked this up cheap on a sale on the Xbox store (figuring I'd like it, as I'd played most of the other Telltale games). It sat installed for ages, I just didn't fancy the guardians idea (I didn't like the film's either).
    How wrong was I when I gave it a whirl, I was hooked. The music was great, and I enjoyed the story. Really hope they do another of these. Groot kept making me laugh.... I am Groot....

Sign in to comment in this discussion.