Choices in Season 2 that you regret.

I'll admit, Season 2 of Batman's Telltale easily has choices that make you regret. What choices did you make in Season 2 that made you feel regret and why? This was in my vigilante play through.
Mine are:
-Not choosing the "No Apologies, Necessary" option to forgive Gordon. I easily regretted myself for not choosing that and I shouldn't have picked something better. We're partners, still. Suggested he get his old job back.

-Not making Alfred feel better, instead making him stressed out. I shouldn't talked a lot at the parlor and stupidity asking him for "rest". God.

-The last, but one that I don't feel too bad at all, is picking Eli Knable's interrogation over Rumi Mori. Sure, the advantage is that you'll be on Waller's good side and that Gordon doesn't get demoted. But Gordon is pissed that you went behind his back and may not forgive you until you call him during the aftermath of Bane's battle. Not too regretful, to be honest. But definitely not a pleasing sight.

Comments

• None. I’m very thorough when making my choices.

• I don't have any regrets, I was pretty compassionate and civil the entire time, I was 100 percent on catwomans side, and on gordon's side 100 percent except for when I warned Selina, nice to John and he became a vigilante but we still remained friends, 100 percent nice to Alfred, 100 percent honest and compassionate with tiffany and I made peace with waller. In the end, I gave up batman, got Avesta to work for me, stayed on good terms with waller, became partners with gordon, freed Catwoman, forgave tiffany and told John I considered him a friend and got to visit him at Arkham, I really hope they decide to do a season 3

• I regret not choosing to hurt Eli Knable the third time I got the option. There's only so many chances to be Brutal Bats in s2. I regret telling Tiffany that I could use the help instead of telling her that she will need training.

Other than that I'm incredibly satisfied with my choices.

• I like in this season how the theory you are a better person for being noble and self sacrificing doesn't ensure the least amount of casualties or happier outcomes. Having to choose between Agent Blake's life and Avesta's hearing in Episode 1 is one option, but the two big ones have to be revealing yourself as the mole and your treatment of John in Episodes 3 and 4. I was horrified at the carnage in SANCTUS when I arrived as Batman, and seeing how you could have prevented that by sacrificing Selina was a great moment of demonstrating the right path is not always the best path.

And then THAT choice in Episode 4. I elected to trust John, he was clearly happy... and then I told him he'd still need to be investigated for what he was done... oh boy. That ONE LINE got dozens of people killed on the bridge and THEN god knows how many at Wayne Enterprises and across the city, got Gordon crippled too... ONE. SINGLE. LINE.

Yikes. That was powerful Telltale, well done you.

• I was pretty happy with all my choices in my first playthrough but i fucked up one, i had the vigilante ending and instead of telling Waller that she owes me i told her to get out of my city and forgot about releasing Selina. Worst decision in my whole life.

• I missed the same thing the first time I played it since it was not so clear that you had to say exactly that to set Selina free from The Agency... but I fixed it on my next playthrough, other than that I am quite satisfied with my choices.

Pyro902 posted: »

I was pretty happy with all my choices in my first playthrough but i fucked up one, i had the vigilante ending and instead of telling Waller

• Just FYI, we try to save the "gaming" tag for threads related to general gaming instead of Telltale's games in particular.

• Giving up Batman.

• Believing John was lying.

It doesn't even feel like my fault. I didn't expect Bruce to say he's going to turn John in. Of course he's gonna flip out at that. I was hoping Bruce would say something like:

"John, this isn't how you deal with your enemies. You found out my identity, so you should know that I can't let you continue to go down this path. You understand that right?"

If John still took offense to that (and it's likely) then I would feel guilty, but I don't feel like it was the words I chose that turned John into a villain.

The villain route was superb though so I'm not that peeved about it.

• I regret being on good terms with Waller

• How did you manage all that?! How do you free Catwoman and make peace with Waller?

I don't have any regrets, I was pretty compassionate and civil the entire time, I was 100 percent on catwomans side, and on gordon's side 10

• You have to talk to her in the ambulance scene in E5

fyz306903 posted: »

How did you manage all that?! How do you free Catwoman and make peace with Waller?

• When I told Tiffany to get the hell out of Bruce's office instead to talk with her in Episode 3

• In the vigilante ending, I stayed silent when Joker asked If I considered him a friend. He took it to mean we were enemies. I came to regret that choice after seeing that Bruce visits him if you remain friends, especially since my batman told him earlier that he wouldn't abandon him. In that moment, I just felt that we weren't quite friends, but I didn't want to be cruel by saying that we were never friends. He took it that way regardless. Oh well.

• Yelling at Waller. Even if she deserved it for escalating so much shit in the Vigilante route, it really isn't a good idea to have a powerful person who knows your identity on your bad side.

• I did that, what do you say, though?

You have to talk to her in the ambulance scene in E5

• Depends, it's pretty easy to get her free in the Villain playthrough. If you're in the Vigilante playthrough you have to tell her that she owe's you in the first dialogue option i think.

fyz306903 posted: »

I did that, what do you say, though?

• Leaving Harley behind. Well, I would regret it, if I knew that was going to happen... John was very upset. :disappointed:
    • Not choosing the 'be yourself' option. The ink tests were good, but the play pretend scene is just golden.
    • Slapping John in ep4. I thought it might make him snap out of it. I'm sorry, John.

Basically, anything that made John sad.

• edited April 2018

Believing the Viglinate path would be good.
    Otherwise I have no regrets. Tiffany in jail and telling Alfred to piss off were a positive. Though I regret not sending Gordon into a deep depression.. I'll just pretend that's my canon choice.

• edited April 2018

I was pretty much the same way. Except I sided with Waller but I accepted Gordon's apology although not the first time but I replayed it so I could.

I don't have any regrets, I was pretty compassionate and civil the entire time, I was 100 percent on catwomans side, and on gordon's side 10

• Actually you just have to say you understand and don't judge her for what she did

Depends, it's pretty easy to get her free in the Villain playthrough. If you're in the Vigilante playthrough you have to tell her that she owe's you in the first dialogue option i think.

• I regretted not accepting Gordon's apology so I went and replayed it.

• I regret not being able to agree with the joker. I know I have no control over that but it still annoyed me

• Well, i guess there is more than one way.

Actually you just have to say you understand and don't judge her for what she did

• The villain play through was more satisfying because it didn't feel as if I was as wrong for so thoroughly disliking John and outright hating Harley. I find them both beyond redemption and I regret that you can't treat them as such.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.