Would you want Season 2 to be a prequel, or a sequel? [Poll]

So out of curiosity and for Telltale to hopefully see what most fans want, Im curious:

Do fans want Season 2 to be a prequel to Season 1, or be a sequel to Season 1?

Poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/15769303

Tagged:

Comments

• Honestly, I didn't even consider TWAU S2 to be a prequel. It just makes more sense for it to be a continuation of the series. Plus I don't really like prequels in general, since we usually already know what happens afterwards.

• I never even considered that it could be a prequel. It seems unecessary and rather odd considering it's being advertised as 'The Wolf Among Us 2'

• As long it is awesome i dont really care

• Sequel, of course. Makes the most sense. Besides only this way our choices from S1 could matter (and I hope we'll be able to import them).

• Sequel, all the way

• edited May 2018

I wish that the Wolf Among Us becomes an alternative universe or timeline, so the writers have free reins instead of being tied to the setting and canon.

But yeah, I prefer it to be a sequel.

• It should be a sequal and reasons are so simple.At the end of the plot there still was some mystery left attached with one of thee girls at the bar(I dont remember the name of the character depicted as the prosecute.... How are we gonna remember them after a back sorry)
    No 2 A sequel would take us more in to the universe and every one would love to play it because S1 was entertaining.
    No3 A prequel should be delayed to S3. That would be entertaining but only after a sequelled S2 has taken fans more deep into the story.

• edited June 2018

I want it to happend after the comics timeline, so telltale had more freedom on their hands with how they wanna tail the story!

• I think the only problem with having it after the comics is too much has changed.

Minor spoilers below:

Besides characters dying and stuff like that, the Fables world changes a ton, espcially by the end of the comics, throwing players in and assuming they only played S1 and not the comics, would leave them beyond confused. I mean things like Bigby not being Sheriff anymore would make people wonder why, and thats probably what theyll be wondering the least about considering everything else thats changed.

max_pain943 posted: »

I want it to happend after the comics timeline, so telltale had more freedom on their hands with how they wanna tail the story!

• edited June 2018

Well they could make some kind of intresting story-recap at the begining, that will give people the idea of what has changed and happend in all those years!

Poogers555 posted: »

I think the only problem with having it after the comics is too much has changed. Minor spoilers below: Besides characters dying and s

• I dont think that would be the best way to do that. Just start the game and "Yo what up, anyway here is 13 years of Fables comics, anyway moving on to why this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this and this all happened!"

To put it simply there cant truly be a Wolf S2 set after the comics. And if they did, it would feel out of place and not work out. (Major spoilers ahead, ending of Fables below)

The Fables comics ends with almost everyone (including Bigby and Snow) leaving The Mundy World. So they cant really make a real sequel out of that, at least one that would fit the same themes as Season 1 did.

max_pain943 posted: »

Well they could make some kind of intresting story-recap at the begining, that will give people the idea of what has changed and happend in all those years!

• Sequel. It would just make the most sense, I think.

Although I'd love if they did another period piece, like how the setting in this place with the noir. Maybe it's the 1920s or the 60s. But still, a sequel probably is the safest bet, since we like the setting, the characters, everything. It adds stakes, although I suppose if Telltale invents Fables for a prequel, and we don't know their fates anyway, there would still be stakes.

• Needs to be a sequel for sure. I hope they dump the comics canon now, just unnecessary at this point

• I really want to see The Farm so the sequel would have to be pretty close to the beginning of the comics at the very least.

• SEQUAL ALL THE FUCKING WAY

Sign in to comment in this discussion.