Unavoidable Romance with Catwoman?

So, I'm playing Enemy Within, and I've imported my season 1 save to this new season. Among my choices in season 1, I was pretty careful to keep my relationship with Catwoman/Selina purely platonic (I thought it would be funny to play Batman as completely volcel). The thing is, in the episode I'm currently on, it's still heavily implied several times by a few characters that Bruce and Selina had a fling together. So what gives? Did they just not bother to carry over that decision? Obviously, this isn't game-breaking or anything, and overall I'm still enjoying the series, but it did annoy me a little. If a decision I made about my relationship with a character that was such a focal point in the first season was actually pointless, then I just start getting a niggling feeling in the back of my mind that none of my big decisions really matter. What do you all think?

Comments

• They’re attracted to each other, that you can’t avoid, but you can still keep things platonical if you so wish, although she’ll be more vocal about her disappointment this time.

• Well Selina is always going to be flirty with you, it's just up to you if you return it or not.

• Well, just because some of the characters assume that you and Catwoman had a thing together doesn't mean you actually did.

In my main playthrough I kept my relationship with Selina platonic, but there were still some comments made by John and others, hinting at a romance that isn't there in that playthrough. Which is fine. And like the others said, there will probably always be a bit of flirtation between them. That's just how Selina is.

If there's clear and obvious contradictions to your save and choices from season one, your save may not have carried over properly.

• I don't think it was a save error. This is honestly kind of a habit with Telltale. They tend to view romance as canon, regardless of claiming the choices are tailored by your playing style. Later chapters of almost every game imply feelings between you and said romance option even if you never once engaged in any flirtatious options with that character. It was a big complaint for many players in Tales from the Borderlands and even worse in TWD3.

• No need for any replies. Gr8 answer

They’re attracted to each other, that you can’t avoid, but you can still keep things platonical if you so wish, although she’ll be more vocal about her disappointment this time.

• That's why I just said to Selina I wanted to be just friends in S2 after we had a bit of fling in S1 and had sex. I am just into the whole Selina and Bruce romance anymore? I am into the Bruvesta romance cause of the hint we got(if you play it right)iman Avesta and Bruce romance hint in the last episode and I hope S3 pushes more into that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.