Steven Universe Thread

124»

Comments

• I think the next episode is not going to be season 6 yet.
    I absolutely loved the 5 final episodes, especially the last one (this is coming from someone who used to hate SU) The fight was so amazing and the wedding was one of the best parts of the episode.
    Lapis is back and I couldn’t be more happy, she and Peridot are finally going to change their outfits when they reform and have stars!

lupinb0y posted: »

Just finished the season 5 finale. It was fantastic! This is the first time in a long while where I got legitimately excited about an episod

• she and Peridot are finally going to change their outfits when they reform and have stars!

Ah I didn't even think of that! They're the only ones who got wiped out so that makes a lot of sense.

MegaXD posted: »

I think the next episode is not going to be season 6 yet. I absolutely loved the 5 final episodes, especially the last one (this is coming

• People are flawed and that just makes life more interesting?

Dex-Starr posted: »

Idk, I can't watch Steven Universe. It just makes me cringe. "If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs" ?? What in the actual fuck is that even supposed to mean???

• for the first time I'm not bitter about the upcoming hiatus,

Eh, I could've done without at least the last shot of the promo afterwards.

The fight scenes were like in an anime show with diamonds as OP boss villains lmao On a serious note, this episode bomb was everything I

• What the heck happened with that show?
    It seemed like it just stopped airing for a couple of whiles and the last thing I remember is Finn being exploited(?) by a bee and how The Crown got cursed.

MegaXD posted: »

I can’t wait for the finale, it all started with a war and it’s going to end with a war.

• The season 5 finale(?) was like somewhat mundane junk food with some barely random frost-dressing(?) and a brisk sobering on the top.

• There are literally just four episodes left but Cartoon Network is leaving it up to our imagination on when the final episodes will be aired.

DabigRG posted: »

What the heck happened with that show? It seemed like it just stopped airing for a couple of whiles and the last thing I remember is Finn being exploited(?) by a bee and how The Crown got cursed.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

We got a movie

• White diamond is coming.

The new Steven Universe episode shown early at Comic Con yesterday is now available on the Cartoon Network app.

• Hey that new episode was pretty neato.

• White diamond must be the creepiest yet the most beautiful character in the snow. I adore her and that voice.

• Eh, not entirely sure about that design, but she was a neat greet to meet after so long.

White diamond must be the creepiest yet the most beautiful character in the snow. I adore her and that voice.

• WOOHOO AN HOUR AND 40 MINUTES OF INCONSISTENT ANIMATION AND POORLY THOUGHT OUT MESSAGES ON SOCIETY AND IDENTITY BURYING A CHARMING AND WELL MADE ACTION CARTOON WITH GOOFY JOKES AND FUN CHARACTERS!!

jokes aside i'm actually super interested what they do with a bigger time frame and presumably bigger budget. could be a looney toons back in action thing or a space jam thing. except without the live action elements

dojo32161 posted: »

We got a movie

• So, how was the Diamond Days?

• Just finished the season finale. As someone whose a bit more tough with this series I thought it was very very good. Much better than I thought it'd be. The voice acting (particularly with Steven) was really well done and the animation in the final episode was amazing.

However I feel like it was a bit rushed and the conflict ended too soon. The whole thing felt more like a series finale so I wonder how the upcoming movie will introduce a new conflict and how the series will continue if it does get renewed for another season (and from what I've heard it has).

Overall I'm excited to see what the series has in store.

• Yeah, the midway point in particular felt like "let's get [most of] this out there before we end."

lupinb0y posted: »

Just finished the season finale. As someone whose a bit more tough with this series I thought it was very very good. Much better than I thou

• best days of my life, i nearly cried

DabigRG posted: »

So, how was the Diamond Days?

Well, the series has come to a conclusion today with the airing of the last 4 episodes, and man, it feels weird for it to be over.

• edited March 2020

Steven Universe is officially over! I liked the ending quite a bit, though I think the conflict ends a little too suddenly. The ending is, as expected, an emotional one even if it didn't draw any tears from me and it brings back the warmth and funniness I've been missing the past few episodes. It really does feel like the end of an era for Cartoon Network. If I'm right I think this is the final big show from Cartoon Networks from their early 2010's renaissance era (Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc).

The show has provided a lot of laughs and even a couple tears for me throughout it's 7 years so seeing it finally end is a bittersweet feeling. I wonder if Rebecca Sugar or any of the other Steven Universe crew will be working on another cartoon anytime soon. I hope so.

• boy this terrible comment aged really poorly

WOOHOO AN HOUR AND 40 MINUTES OF INCONSISTENT ANIMATION AND POORLY THOUGHT OUT MESSAGES ON SOCIETY AND IDENTITY BURYING A CHARMING AND WELL

Sign in to comment in this discussion.