Venom Trailer 2

edited July 2018 in General Chat

Hoping it does well so we can get more Rated R comic movies like it in the future

Tagged:

Comments

• That's it. Comedy of the year.

• Tom Hardy's Venom sounds just as hard to understand as his Bane was.

• edited July 2018

I really want this to be good but it still bothers me that it's not connected to MCU. I mean, it makes sense for Venom to not have the spider symbol because Spider-Man wasn't involved but still. At least it's rated R. Could be as good as Deadpool.

• I just have a feeling this film isnt going to be any good. Tom Hardy's acting seems surprisingly not so great, the origin story is going to feel strange without Spider-Man, and main antagonist is just "BIG VENOM." I heard rumors Carnage was suppose to be the antagonist but I guess they settled for this. Could have changed his color just a little?

• this movie looks like shit but i have to give credit where credit is due and say that the animation does a very good job at expressing venom as a character. the facial expressions are surprisingly good looking and fun to watch, and they fit venom fairly well.

• to be fair he isn't just "BIG VENOM", he's Riot from the Venom: Lethal Protector series (which is what this movie's storyline is based on), and he's actually a fairly unique and cool villain in that comic, but the trailer does not do a good job painting him in that light.

Poogers555 posted: »

I just have a feeling this film isnt going to be any good. Tom Hardy's acting seems surprisingly not so great, the origin story is going to

• Well yes that is what I was trying to say. Obviously he is a comic character and all that jazz, but I feel like they could have done a better job making sure you can tell whos who. This film seems to kinda just make him "Venom, but bigger!" Kind of like how Iron Man 1 was just "Ironman, but bigger!"

to be fair he isn't just "BIG VENOM", he's Riot from the Venom: Lethal Protector series (which is what this movie's storyline is based on),

• oh yeah for sure. the film is not portraying riot in a great light which is super disappointing. it'd be super easy to do so too so idk why they didn't put more effort into differentiating him from venom.

Well yes that is what I was trying to say. Obviously he is a comic character and all that jazz, but I feel like they could have done a bette

• Didn't you see that Venom has no spider symbol? This Venom is inspired by the Ultimate Spider-Man game version.

I just have a feeling this film isnt going to be any good. Tom Hardy's acting seems surprisingly not so great, the origin story is going to

• That is some Scorpion King levels of CGI right there.

• edited July 2018

Not really, this Venom just has literally no relation to Spider-Man whatsoever.
    It's not that they aren't using it because of an homage, it's that they can't.

AronDracula posted: »

Didn't you see that Venom has no spider symbol? This Venom is inspired by the Ultimate Spider-Man game version.

• This looks like a see it on USA. Or TBS

• i hate to be that guy, but this venom is based on the version of venom in the Venom: Lethal Protector comics, the reason he doesn't have a spider is for obvious lack-o-spiderman reasons.

Didn't you see that Venom has no spider symbol? This Venom is inspired by the Ultimate Spider-Man game version.

• Tom Hardy looks and sounds like he has no clue what he's doing.

• I think that AronDracula has the right idea. In the Ultimate universe Venom does not have the spider symbol until it absorbs the remaining symbiote cells from Peter's body. Also this version of Venom does not seem to create it's own webbing like the main Venom instead like the Ultimate universe this Venom is shaping his hands into weapons. I think that if they wanted to add Venom into the MCU they can because Venom and Spider-Man can fight each other and later absorb him and get the spider powers like the main Venom, the MCU is not even close to following the comics so the MCU can do something like that if they wanted to.

i hate to be that guy, but this venom is based on the version of venom in the Venom: Lethal Protector comics, the reason he doesn't have a spider is for obvious lack-o-spiderman reasons.

• but... but the writer and director have literally confirmed it's based on the lethal protector storyline. maybe the visual design looks a bit like ultimate venom but it's literally primarily based on that storyline.

I think that AronDracula has the right idea. In the Ultimate universe Venom does not have the spider symbol until it absorbs the remaining s

• Are you kidding me? It doesn't look bad at all. Still a better Venom version than Spider-Man 3.

J-Master posted: »

That is some Scorpion King levels of CGI right there.

• I must confess. This film intrigues me. I remember seeing Venom in magazine or comic pages when I was young and I will admit it was unnerving but looked kinda cool.

I remember the advertisements of Maximum Carnage video game. Carnage wow, even though I've never read anything staring him as far as I can remember, his presence...

But enough about him, Venom's the real deal.

At first I paid no mind. But then the trailer before this one, out of boredom I decided to give it a shot and "We...are Venom" I was sold. The teeth, the costume, his presence. I am in awe. Now, that is Venom to a T.

Why am I interested? I guess I have a thing for anti-heroes. And the latest trailer, wowzers. That is something. "So many snacks, so little time".

Plus I like the message from this one: The world has enough superheroes. That speaks to me on so many volumes.

I'm going to give it a shot. And I may like it.

• That is going to be a weird storyline for people because that story has to include Venom and Eddie reuniting as well as Venom finding dinosaur people.

but... but the writer and director have literally confirmed it's based on the lethal protector storyline. maybe the visual design looks a bit like ultimate venom but it's literally primarily based on that storyline.

• well just because it's based on it doesn't mean it has to be followed to a T. spider-man: homecoming was based on the miles morales ultimate spider-man run as well as the classic 60s amazing spider-man run but there are some major differences in the storyline. i'm sure the movie will cut out all of the irrelevant stuff to the story it wants to tell.

That is going to be a weird storyline for people because that story has to include Venom and Eddie reuniting as well as Venom finding dinosaur people.

• Hell no. The Raimi design was so much more menacing and cooler. It deserved a better film.

Are you kidding me? It doesn't look bad at all. Still a better Venom version than Spider-Man 3.

• While I admit that SM3 Venom had better CGI, Topher Grace was not a good choice of cast and the design was just out of place.

J-Master posted: »

Hell no. The Raimi design was so much more menacing and cooler. It deserved a better film.

• Yea I agree that they will remove the needless stuff from movie but still I think that MCU is following the ultimate universe because they will probably replace Peter with Miles Morales at some point.

well just because it's based on it doesn't mean it has to be followed to a T. spider-man: homecoming was based on the miles morales ultimate

Sign in to comment in this discussion.