Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 Discussion

Comments

• Well, what was happening in other Spider-Man open world games?

I hope that this game is not overhyped. Seeing some of the gameplay has me worried. Swinging looks fun but looks like nothing is happening in the city except missions.

• Insomniac is giving so much information now but I don't want to hear anything new anymore. I don't want spoilers cause I need to have a great experience on the greatest Spider-Man game ever made.

• Same goes for me. I’m trying so hard to avoid watching any new trailers or videos until the game is released in one month from now.

AronDracula posted: »

Insomniac is giving so much information now but I don't want to hear anything new anymore. I don't want spoilers cause I need to have a great experience on the greatest Spider-Man game ever made.

• One month. 31 days.
    Someone point me to the nearest cryogenics lab.

• There was nothing to do after you beat the story and the missions were rather boring at least in the most recent games.

Well, what was happening in other Spider-Man open world games?

• I've read that the side missions are comparable to what Batman Arkham City/Origins/Knight had. They're fully fleshed out, fully voiced, and have cutscenes.

There was nothing to do after you beat the story and the missions were rather boring at least in the most recent games.

• September. 7th. Can't. Come. Soon. Enough. Holy. Cow.

• Insomniac, can you please SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY!!!!!!!?????????

• This game is looking to be Spectacular

I'll leave now

• Wake me up when September begins.

...Insomniac you've nearly killed me with this trailer. It looks so gooood.

Insomniac, can you please SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY!!!!!!!?????????

• I love the idea of costumes having special abilities! :smiley:

• edited August 2018

"Spider-Man Fans on Sept. 7"

I'm blacklisting myself from the subreddit since that place is quickly becoming spoiler-central.
    I've ordered the tie-in prequel book that I've heard is pretty good so that should arrive this week.
    Man, I love this game and it's not even out yet.

• Do you have any idea how many dammed doors I've fixed to get this game?

AChicken posted: »

"Spider-Man Fans on Sept. 7" I'm blacklisting myself from the subreddit since that place is quickly becoming spoiler-central. I've

• edited August 2018

Not much is new in this trailer but it makes the wait a little easier.

Just over 10 days remaining!

• Only 10 days left...

Not much is new in this trailer but it makes the wait a little easier. Just over 10 days remaining!

• The first 12 seconds are gold lol.

"Spider-Man Fans on Sept. 7" I'm blacklisting myself from the subreddit since that place is quickly becoming spoiler-central. I've

• This is amazing!!
    Greatest Photo Mode in existence!

• If somebody wanted to with the photo mode they could create a comic of their own

• This is the 100th comment. Praise me!

• Wha~! How do you know that? Did you count?

Dex-Starr posted: »

This is the 100th comment. Praise me!

• edited September 2018

This takes me back. Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro on the PS2 was one of the first games I remember playing. I’ve had the same cd all these years and it still plays like a dream, Stan Lee narrating the training segments make me feel so nostalgic. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions was my favourite spidey game and I think it’s so criminally underrated, at least I get to play as Noir Spider-Man again. The photo-mode looks so fun and I can’t wait to use it. I’m skeptical as to how they’ll be able to make a great story with all those villains to deal with, but at least the gameplay will be fun.

• Well, the number of villains doesn't matter much in video games like it does in the movies.

This takes me back. Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro on the PS2 was one of the first games I remember playing. I’ve had the same cd all these yea

• Yeah I know. Maybe I’m just too used to how they developed the villains in the Raimi films (except Spider-Man 3).

Well, the number of villains doesn't matter much in video games like it does in the movies.

• I'm so unlucky now because I have no TV to connect my PS4 considering that I moved in Netherlands, I'm still on tracking down a room for me and my mom is going to have to go back to my hometown to collect my TV but that is going to take a lot of time.

Avoiding spoilers is going to be a pain in the ass.

• AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, I can't resist.

• I’m going to wait for the version where all the DLC’s are included.

• You can get the Deluxe Edition which will you give you all the DLCs for free.

I’m going to wait for the version where all the DLC’s are included.

• Yeah I saw that. I may still wait for a GOTY style cd though as I’m not in any particular rush to play it on day one. It also saves me the time from waiting for each DLC to release, so when it comes out I can play it complete.

You can get the Deluxe Edition which will you give you all the DLCs for free.

• Here we go!

One
    More
    Day

• Already pre downloaded. Really wanting the Last Stand costume.

• EBGames store near me is opening 1 hour early for Spider-Man tomorrow (so, 9am).

No midnight release for the store, but this is good enough. I'll be able to get the game, pop it in to install and swiftly leave to grab my textbooks at school. Hopefully, it's done by the time I get back.
    (actually, there are a few stores doing a 10pm release (open 1 hour later) tonight, but that's not the store I ordered from and I was very preoccupied tonight)

Now, I sleep!

• Playing right now OMG I love love love it ? honestly it's just a amazing experience. ?

• This feels like the dawn of awesome Marvel games it's so good... I think a sequel is guaranteed if it sells well and I'm very hopeful for Square Enix upcoming Marvel games too.

• edited September 2018

“Be greater...”

• Started playing hours after it released and didn't take many breaks after that. This is the best spider-man game to date for sure. The web swinging is literally the spider-man 2 web swinging but improved in every aspect. The combat has a surprisingly deep learning curve and feels fantastic once you get the hang of it. The gadgets are awesome.

• edited September 2018

Oh man!

Finally!

I just spent the last four hours finishing my read of Hostile Takeover (the prequel book).

I can safely say I'm ready and and very pleased in the added knowledge and world building I've gathered from this book. (not that I expect any of it to get referenced in the game)

Do I recommend it? Yes. It's worth the 10$ price tag, and is an enjoyable read. My favourite part had to be the climax/final fight of the book.
    Will it help you learn any hidden secrets? Probably not, but the backstories to relationships and characters is fun to have.

So, I assume Norman Osborn is who Peter works for? Or whoever his company works for?
    There was this striking similarity in how Bingham (Blood Spider)'s superior was called "the boss" numerous times, and how Peter' s was called the same thing.
    Although, it could very well be Otto Octavius. Or Dr. Connors. There was a lot of talk about mechanical limbs that the "boss" is seeking, and they're to be retrofitted onto people who have lost limbs it seems.
    Whatever the case, I'd be excited for any of them to be the big bad.

I can finally play this game!

• The second one is my childhood.

J-Master posted: »

“Be greater...”

Sign in to comment in this discussion.