The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited September 2018

Crawling in my skin. These wounds they will not heal.

• What goes through your dog's head right before euthanasia~

Expectation: ^

Reality:

lupinb0y posted: »

• After endless recommendations from pretty much anybody with a TV, I've finally started watching Game of Thrones. 6 episodes in and it's very good.

Like always I'm beyond fashionably late to something popular, but eh, I'll binge through it quickly enough.

• I was in a similar boat, being late to join the Game of Thrones bandwagon - but, yeah, the show is really amazing. It especially picks up around Season 2 or 3, whereas the first Season is more about laying the ground work.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

After endless recommendations from pretty much anybody with a TV, I've finally started watching Game of Thrones. 6 episodes in and it's very

• Weeeeee the Battlefield V beta is out! Can't wait to play it when I'm back from class!

• Aaaayyy school starts tomorrow. New year, new me, as they say in my ancestory island of Dominica.

• after the past 2 days i'm a lil shocked i didn't immediately pass out for 20 hours when i got home but hey life is full o' surprises.

• grade school or college?

Melton23 posted: »

Aaaayyy school starts tomorrow. New year, new me, as they say in my ancestory island of Dominica.

• Sixth form. Technically college in the UK

Dex-Starr posted: »

grade school or college?

• Sometimes you've just gotta capture those really small good moments that last seconds and make them last hours.

• "Men aren't fat, only fat women are fat".

• same. i didn't start watching it until like season 6. its kinda odd looking back at things like the red wedding because when i was watching it i didn't really get what a big deal that was.
    now i'm crazy into it tho. i already read spoilers for the final season too.

I was in a similar boat, being late to join the Game of Thrones bandwagon - but, yeah, the show is really amazing. It especially picks up around Season 2 or 3, whereas the first Season is more about laying the ground work.

• Welp, there you have it.

On September 3, Adventure Time (2010-2018) aired its series finale on Cartoon Network and has officially ended.

All I can say is that it was a fun adventure to be a part of back in the day. Even when I lost interest back when Season 5 was still going, I still never forgot how this show got me back to loving cartoons again.

Gonna miss it. #Thefunwillneverend

• Me now after just watching the Adventure Time finale.

Goodbye Adventure Time. Thanks for all the years of laughter and fun!

• Fuck random lightning storms. Fuck em so raw.

• Aw man, did you have to say goodbye to a beloved pet?

(btw, props for the LP reference)

• Happy first day of school for anyone who is starting today!

• when faced with possible home eviction listening to The Wall in it's entirety while doing meaningless house work is oddly comforting.

also the adventure time finale was great but it didn't beat regular show's ending because david bowie. and if you somehow didn't see the big moment everyone's been ramblin about coming despite it being built up for 7 seasons you are a fool and a brigand

• I hope so thanks :)

sarahsenpai posted: »

aww. just be yourself, you'll find someone ?

• real quick adding to the topic of the wall, hey you and in the flesh are both better than comfortably numb and all who believe otherwise are normies, and brain damage/eclipse and pigs are the best pink floyd songs period

when faced with possible home eviction listening to The Wall in it's entirety while doing meaningless house work is oddly comforting. als

• So apparently Henry Cavill is gonna play Geralt of Rivia in Netflix's "The Witcher"

https://io9.gizmodo.com/henry-cavill-will-lead-netflixs-witcher-series-as-geral-1828798390

I've never watched a single movie with him, is he a good actor?

• Adventure time is finished? ?

Me now after just watching the Adventure Time finale. Goodbye Adventure Time. Thanks for all the years of laughter and fun!

• edited September 2018

I had to stay home and not attend school due to a stomach bug. Since I won't be going anywhere for a couple of days could anyone give any good film/tv series recommendations?

• Just watched Bojack Season 5 trailer. I’m obviously pumped, but the trailer was a bit too... wacky for my taste.

• "Black Sails". Imo the most underrated Tv show there is. It has 4 seasons, 10 episodes each(with exception of 1st season which has only 8) First season is meh/okay but after that the rating of the show rises from 6.5 to a frickin' 10. And I'm not even into pirate stuff.

I had to stay home and not attend school due to a stomach bug. Since I won't be going anywhere for a couple of days could anyone give any good film/tv series recommendations?

• I will give it a try. Thank you :smile:

bruzdaa posted: »

"Black Sails". Imo the most underrated Tv show there is. It has 4 seasons, 10 episodes each(with exception of 1st season which has only 8) F

• edited September 2018

You're very welcome and get well soon :smiley:

I will give it a try. Thank you

• I've never watched a single movie with him, is he a good actor?

no lol. he's charismatic and clearly likes his job but he has literally never been good in a role.

bruzdaa posted: »

So apparently Henry Cavill is gonna play Geralt of Rivia in Netflix's "The Witcher" https://io9.gizmodo.com/henry-cavill-will-lead-netflixs-witcher-series-as-geral-1828798390 I've never watched a single movie with him, is he a good actor?

• edited September 2018

Yup. They finally aired the final episode yesterday. Cried many a tear.

Melton23 posted: »

Adventure time is finished? ?

• i don't particularly think it was wacky. there were some non-sensical visuals but bojack has always had those when struggling with himself, and this trailer very clearly gives off the air that he's still struggling. he has family now, he and todd are on the rebound, he's gotten closure with his mom, he's an award winning actor and he's about to star in a new tv show but he's still not happy and he doesn't know why, which is definitely hinted to at the repeating of diane's line "You say you wanna get better and you don't know how".

as somebody struggling with suicidal depression and a lot of self hatred i completely understand that perspective when i see it, and despite the happy ending to season 4, bojack seems like he's still got a lot of work to do before he can be okay. those "wacky" sequences feel like a part of that work he's doing to better himself and feel better.

Just watched Bojack Season 5 trailer. I’m obviously pumped, but the trailer was a bit too... wacky for my taste.

• edited September 2018

Breaking Bad watch it now
    :wow:

• But they are so awesome! I have a house in the mountains where at night you can see them dozens of miles away, so far that you can't hear the thunder.

They're so cool.

DabigRG posted: »

Fuck random lightning storms. Fuck em so raw.

• Did you see Mission: Impossible - Fallout? I thought he was pretty good in that.

I've never watched a single movie with him, is he a good actor? no lol. he's charismatic and clearly likes his job but he has literally never been good in a role.

• I did see it, as a matter of fact it's probably my third favorite film i've seen all year upon reflection. And I think Cavil did an excellent job with the material given to him, which was "goofy, mustache-twirling, villain with big muscles in a goofy satirical spy flick". But I don't think his performance was exactly exceptional beyond doing exactly what he was paid to do, whereas someone such as let's say Robert Downey Jr. not only does the bare minimum in selling that he's a billionaire playboy genius with anxiety who makes robots as Tony Stark, but he goes above and beyond to sell his character and make it stand out from other characters in that similar category such as Jordan Belfort or Bruce Wayne. For me, Henry Cavil doesn't really stand out.

Did you see Mission: Impossible - Fallout? I thought he was pretty good in that.

• edited September 2018

Did you see Mission Impossible Fallout?

Never mind, you were already asked that.

I've never watched a single movie with him, is he a good actor? no lol. he's charismatic and clearly likes his job but he has literally never been good in a role.

• So That Big Bang Theory show is ending next year and I am soooooo fuckin happy! Jesus Christ that show should have ended after S5 ugh God I hated it.

• Ah yeah, sure. Eat popcorn at my inconvenience and downright loss.

But they are so awesome! I have a house in the mountains where at night you can see them dozens of miles away, so far that you can't hear the thunder. They're so cool.

• Is there more to this random-lightning-storm-fucking story?

Ah yeah, sure. Eat popcorn at my inconvenience and downright loss.

• The fact that it blew out my modem, main TV receiver(and DVR), and possibly my Xbox One?
    Nah, not much.

Is there more to this random-lightning-storm-fucking story?

• Well, time to get a PlayStation then.

The fact that it blew out my modem, main TV receiver(and DVR), and possibly my Xbox One? Nah, not much.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.